For Green Mong...

mly

sarNie Hatchling
Okay, I'm a White Hmong and my hubby is a Green Mong. Lately, I've been listening to Xaab Thoj's song, Tij Laug Xab. To me, I think the song is cute and funny, also educational. But my hubby thinks it's making fun of the Green Mong dialect. We had a debate about it, which he started, and it ended not good. So my question is:

Is Tij Laug Xab offensive to y'all Green Mong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLkqYv5oos

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
Okay, I'm a White Hmong and my hubby is a Green Mong. Lately, I've been listening to Xaab Thoj's song, Tij Laug Xab. To me, I think the song is cute and funny, also educational. But my hubby thinks it's making fun of the Green Mong dialect. We had a debate about it, which he started, and it ended not good. So my question is:

question:
why are you spelling Hmong as Mong?
lol.

back to the thread.. i think it's just for entertainment
they never said anything bad..

angelness

sarNie Egg
I found this hilariously cute! Plus, he's making fun of her since she can't fully understand him too. I don't think there's anything wrong with adding a little humor to these things. SNL does it all the time. Be a good sport about it.

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
i'm green and i don't thinkit's offensive. i think it's actually very educational to those who can't speak hmong green...there are many truth to how they song the song and said the words...this MV really good though hella funny too...

oh yea Xaaj Thoj's my uncle so i support him all the way...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

Its "HMONG" not "MONG" omg.. lmao

btw im not green but this song shouldnt be offensive to anyone.. its just a song. lols

hias0701

sarNie Egg
I'm also green Hmong and I found it hilarious too.. I laughed so much.. I just found this song not long ago cause I stumbled on it in YouTube.. I have to say I don't really listen to Hmong songs cause I don't find them very good at all. Most of the singers aren't that great at all. But when I found this one.. I had to call my sister and tell her how I just found the newest best Hmong song ever.. (LOL cause she told me it's not that new), but I loved it.. No offense taken at all because it's more educational and a real look at the differences in the dialects too. :p

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
I'm Green. Mong (moob) is what we pronounce it. (to few of u if ur confuse)
I can speak (both) of them really good.
Applying to the thread, i dont think Xab thoj' song 'tij laug xab' is offended to us or anyone. Unless to the dumb people Yeah they might think it wrong.
i found that this song is funny and cute. To the hmong white, if u wanna learn in Green...listen to this song, it helps.

Mae

sarNie Adult
From what I've seen, Green Hmong people have usually written Hmong as Mong....

mongstaness

sarNie Adult

FORSHO NO! im green and he's my favorite green actor. his green is good his white is good. his voice is good. i dont think the song is offensive at all. i rather think it's educational..lol cuz i learned sum new stuff thats forsho...lol

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't know...i'm not green hmong...but when writing it in hmoob...don't they spell it moob instead of hmoob too?
no. its spell "hmoob" in hmong.. :D

not me...they jus dum and cant spell. cuz HMONG is how u should spell it in ENGLISH and HMOOB in hmong...lol
lols.. thats wat i was saying..

anyways.. lols.. back to the topic.. what's Mong? :lol:

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
no. its spell "hmoob" in hmong.. :D

lols.. thats wat i was saying..

anyways.. lols.. back to the topic.. what's Mong? :lol:

umm...r u serious?? u dont kno wat mong is?? MONG is HMONG spelled wrong. r'nt u hmong?

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
i don't think this song is about to make fun of green hmong and it just a mv and telling us or teaching some of us in green hmong

well some people here say that it suppose to spell HMONG (HMOOB) but in green hmong they spell MONG (MOOB)

have you guys heard Ntxhee Yees Xyooj song called "Hmoob thiab Moob?"

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i don't think this song is about to make fun of green hmong and it just a mv and telling us or teaching some of us in green hmong

well some people here say that it suppose to spell HMONG (HMOOB) but in green hmong they spell MONG (MOOB)

nope, i havent. i guess i learn something new. lols..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

nope, i havent.

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
wow..i've never seen green hmong spelling "hmong" the "mong" way...but then i hardly ever see green hmong's writing...nor have ever read it...so i guess it does make sense spelling it the "mong" way...i took hmong in school and was never informed about how u should spell that...

i actually love the song..my one year old loves it too..lol. including my "white" hmong husband..im a green hmong..