Flower in Asia

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmi9h-eKzu8

Sorry, I can't seem to embed the video here, but here's the link. This is from the show Flower in Asia. It documents Rita's experience in Vietnam. I liked this clip because Rita is speaking English and for a non-Thai speaker...I actually understood what she was saying. Also, I thought it was cool to hear her speaking in English. Yeppers...corny me...impressed to hear how good Rita's English was.

Well, I don't know what she was talking with the host about, but I think she was reflecting on her experience. Other clips show Rita getting down and dirty by washing dishes and even fishing! She seems so down to earth when interacting with the Vietnamese families. She even slept on the hard floor. Okies...that was my impression and I just wanted to share this with other sarnies. :D

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I think this was 2 yrs ago.. They had Cherry, Noon, and I forgot the other person's name.

Thanks for sharing.

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
Oh really...this was from 2 years ago! What was the premise of the show "Flower in Asia"?

ChenrukNote

Goddess
"I want to learn some Vietname" hahahaha! That's the only part that cracked me up other than that she's pretty good. We can have a convo with her anyday.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I actually kinda forgot. I had it bookmarked... but I just cleared my favorites a few hours ago O_O.

Basically, they gave four actresses the opportunity to choos whatever country they wanted to explore in Asia. And iono. Just like a lil adventure. I think Noon went to India. I'm not sure. But she had to cook some kind of traditional stuff.. I guess they all got dity and had fun ... ? haha

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
Hahaha...I caught that one too! But her English was good, she didn't speak so fast like others.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Oh yeah. I remember now. The other girl was aom sunisa.

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
Awe shucks...mintwix, you beat me! I was a member 2 years longer than you and you're 100 posts more than me. :arrg:

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
^^ >:p

Hey yaso. Did you catch my last post in th nang sao pa kee riew thread. Just want to pt out that I made my last contribution with an mv :wub:

<3

I'm still so in love with Gnamtha and Poowanad.

:loool:

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
No...I haven't, but I will now. Thanks 4 the MV! Me too...I'm still addicted to Gnamtha & Poowanad too. Wished it was English subbed that way I can watch and understand it, but at any rate...still Love them :D

ttdc

sarNie Egg
how she's trying to learn vietnamese is funny, and they way she talk Vietnamese is great, sound like NOrthern accent, so cute.

Lalavonvon

sarNie Egg
I like Rita very much and find her such a sweet gal.

I understand that she is mixed - Danish and Thai - but was she born in Thailand? Well, its just that her English is quite American accented (very common amongst the Thai especially with ABAC students) and pretty heavily Thai accented.

I was expecting her to sound more Americanized - maybe like Tata Young.

However, it does not really matter coz Rita is such a sweet gal. :) And if she lived mostly and grew up in Thailand, then I would say her English is really good amid the accent.

I like Rita very much and find her such a sweet gal.

I understand that she is mixed - Danish and Thai - but was she born in Thailand? Well, its just that her English is quite American accented (very common amongst the Thai especially with ABAC students) and pretty heavily Thai accented.
actually, her English doesn't sound American...it sounds more Aussie...

crabby

sarNie Egg
I don't think Rita sound Aussie.. I think she sound more American mix with a little asian accent:D But over all I thought
that was cool of her to go to Vietnam and see how the people makes their living. And she is really pretty.

katia

sarNie Hatchling
thanks for sharing nah, rita seems so down to earth. can someone share the link to the other 3 girls who also were on this show please