Exactly what kind of thai lakorns are subbed?

kpop4ever

sarNie Egg
I'm curious to know what thai lakorns are subbed? I notice some, but not all are subbed in English. There are some that I want to watch but can't because there's no subtitles. For example, I don't think these have english subtitles: Malee Rerng Rabum, Bang Rajan, Khat Cheuak. I can't seem to find any. If there are subtitles, please do tell me. Is it based on popularity or depends on the person who's willing to put in the work for those that can't understand Thai? I'm just sad that the ones that I want to watch aren't subbed.  :weep:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yeah, Thai lakorns aren't subbed professional (sucks!). They're usually done by dedicated international fans who understand Thai (we are forever thankful!!). There are many great lakorns that have been left unsubbed due to lack of international popularity or because there's no good source to watch it and sub it. For example CH7 lakorns are harder to get to because of copyright issues, so you can't watch them where you can watch other channels. Technology is also a hindrance back in the days, so a lot of lakorns back then aren't subbed. Today we're lucky because of advanced technology. So, all in all it depends on whether or not a lakorn garners enough interest from their viewers to become subbed. 

kpop4ever

sarNie Egg
phatman said:
Yeah, Thai lakorns aren't subbed professional (sucks!). They're usually done by dedicated international fans who understand Thai (we are forever thankful!!). There are many great lakorns that have been left unsubbed due to lack of international popularity or because there's no good source to watch it and sub it. For example CH7 lakorns are harder to get to because of copyright issues, so you can't watch them where you can watch other channels. Technology is also a hindrance back in the days, so a lot of lakorns back then aren't subbed. Today we're lucky because of advanced technology. So, all in all it depends on whether or not a lakorn garners enough interest from their viewers to become subbed. 

Thank you for your honest reply.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
kpop4ever said:

Thank you for your honest reply.

You're welcome.
It sucks because I don't understand Thai (well not completely, anyway), and rely on subs too, and most of the lakorns that I really want to watch aren't subbed. Poor us. Haha.

fun

Expired Sarnie
It's actually a combination of both. Wishboniko works on what she likes and once in a blue moon she takes up request upon popularity among International viewers like us. Sadly she retired but she did join force with the Chinese team and worked on the Rising Sun series.

There's also The Curvey Curvey who is a solo subber who picks up project base on what she likes. Kuda has been focusing on Lovesick series and doing novel translation but she does take into consideration of what fans want to see. She mostly does works of Ch7 and cable lakorn. Ch1 formally Ch5, Ch3 and Ch7 is like the Korean KBS, MBC and SBS.

These are just a few solo subbers that has taken up project by themselves. Since Viki has become more popular, there are less soloist. But since Viki is eliminating/deleting fan work, I think it might go back to how it was where groups are created or more soloist emerges. 

daisy17

sarNie Egg
its getting really hard to watch eng sub thai lakorns now a days.they are deleting the eng sub new lakorns on you tube(new means recently finished ones too).

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I ran a subbing group with a friend before and also helped individuals and other groups too.. and it's tough work.  If I knew Thai, I would love to translate many of my favorite lakorns but that ain't happening anytime soon lol.  We picked up projects that interested us, and also let viewers choose too..

Due to copyrights, there aren't that many subbers in the past.  Luckily there's still Viki, but like Fun said, even some of those fan channels are getting deleted.