Ebay

noungning

Heartless
when u list something on ebay, u will be charged a placing fee... too bad u missed it, yesterday was .99 cents for any listing all day.

depending on the price of your item, the fee will range.

yep. a fee when you list and a end listing fee, too, i believe. and if you're going to use paypal(so people can pay w/ CC), there's a fee for that, too. It's not too bad. ;) if you don't think your item would sell in 7 days or so (for instance an old book or game), maybe think about listing on half.com or amazon.com

i, sometimes, use craigslist as well to sell misc. stuff, but you'd have to be cautious on there.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Awww man...how much is usually like a book...for instance.. like a school textbook. pretend like i was selling it for 50 bucks!

what about for shipping? :mellow:

here's their help page: click
fees: click

on ebay, if you're going to start the bid at $50, it's $2.40. you might also try the "advanced search" function for completed listings on ebay to see just about how much your book sells for. also try doing a search over at half.com & amazon(i don't have any experience w/ them. i only buy from there. so can't advise on selling there). i usually sell my books on half.com and i also buy them at half.com... recycling my money & sometimes even making more than what i bought the book for... :lol: the thing w/ them is you don't get your money right away like you could with ebay. your reputation might also influence how much and if your book sells. you also have the option of putting it up for bids or "buy it now" or "buy it now" w/ make best offer option. however you go, it's a lot better than selling it to your campus bookstore. -_-

I recently sold something for about $45 + $5.99 S/H. Listing fee: .20(started the bid at .99) Final fee: $1.96 Paypal fee: .xx cents Shipping: about $2

noungning

Heartless
i used to sell my school books on ebay, what i did was i first checked how much the school was willing to pay me, which is crap. so i checked how much i paid for it used. i tend to save my receipts because of financial aid reasons, so i had the receipts, then if i want something back besides the crap school is offering, i'd list it at half of what i paid for it... because people check online for cheap prices, not retail for used books. and key thing, when i buy my books i search for grade A used books so i can sell them at grade A used for good money, sometimes i get 100% + some back because of that. if it's a new book, i'll list it new if i didn't write in the book haha... sneeky but works. i've sold probably about 10 books over the years.

i usually post a flat $5 shipping fee, books are considered media, and media shipping is cheap, so it's no biggy!

i don't remember the most i've gotten for books on ebay... it's been a while and i have bad memory, but it was about 60-70 for a book. better than school's $10 offer for sure.