DWI OR DUI ????

harman

have any ever been in this situation???

if so do you lose your license or pay any fine????

Well this is my story it happen on New years day right after the club. I was out of town and i'm not familar with the street. so I accidently turn on a one way street, and with my luck there was a cop on that same street. So he me over and aressted me for DWI. I'm not gonna lie I did have a few drinks lol.. but I was not drunk and plus the reason why I made that turn was because of my stupid GPS... I was ask to take the breath test but I refused to take the test so I have to go to court.

what should I do???
should I get lewyer or should fight this case on my own???

I dont think im wrong at all cause it was an honest mistake, im sure a sober person makes this kind of mistake too right...

I need some advised and suggestion....

noungning

Heartless
yes an honest britney spears makes the wrong one way street turns all the time.

well, it's hard to decipher because 1 u just came out of the club, and 2 u refused a breathalizer test. and if the cop had a smell from ur breath that u were drinking alcohol, s/he had the right to label u as drunk even if you say u are sober, which i'm sure they hear 100s of "i'm not drunk" before.

if this is going to be something that will impact your future records, i'd say hire a lawyer.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Always be HONEST with the cop. If you're HONEST .. they gonna be NICE to you. I know cus I took Law Enforcement classes. Most of the time you get a warning if you're straight-forward and honest with them. But if you lie and argue with them .. than yea .. if you're lucky .. you get a ticket .. but if you're not .. you get arrested.

I say you're BIG mistake is .. NOT taking that Breathalyzer Test.

Even if you go to court and such .. I don't think you will get nowhere but lose money .. just pay the ticket fine or whatever ... and if your license get suspended .... follow on that because it's your mistake. Learn from it.

harman

ok only the reason why I didnt take that breathalyzer test was because I know for a fact that even with 2 or 3 beers you will automatically fail the test..and they would have taken my license away from me that night... this is my first offense so i was scared and I didnt know what to do.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
ok only the reason why I didnt take that breathalyzer test was because I know for a fact that even with 2 or 3 beers you will automatically fail the test..and they would have taken my license away from me that night... this is my first offense so i was scared and I didnt know what to do.
Naw .. if you didn't go over the limit .. than you're safe to go .. they might give you a ticket for going the wrong way and tell you to drive carefully.

The Blood Alcohol Limit for each States are different (I think) ... in Minnesota .. its .08 ... so if you're over the limit .. you will be arrested and booked in the county jail... but having your license taken .. its another issue...I doubt it since its the first offense ...

noungning

Heartless
i think it's .08 nationwide.

but 2 or 3 beers shouldn't put u to that much! or have i miscalculated? because i thought i can have like 2-3 shots and be at .08 but not 2-3 beers, beers is like water lmao... well until u have more than 6 haha

harman

i think it's .08 nationwide.

but 2 or 3 beers shouldn't put u to that much! or have i miscalculated? because i thought i can have like 2-3 shots and be at .08 but not 2-3 beers, beers is like water lmao... well until u have more than 6 haha

wow if that was the case I could have pass the breath test...

bugsy

sarNie Adult
I don't think it's so much of you going in the wrong direction, I think it's more of you, being that you'd had had some to drink, put yourself behind the wheel and drove. You should've taken the breathilizer. Btw, did you refuse nicely or was it one of those where you were like "hell no, I aint taking that darn test"?

harman

I don't think it's so much of you going in the wrong direction, I think it's more of you, being that you'd had had some to drink, put yourself behind the wheel and drove. You should've taken the breathilizer. Btw, did you refuse nicely or was it one of those where you were like "hell no, I aint taking that darn test"?
Like I said I was not drunk so I did not give the cop any attitude. all I said to the cop was "no I'm not gonna take the test" and that was it. I think the COP gave me an attitude though... he was a very rude one, he was jerk...

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I might be a bitch by stating this or will have a bunch of people think I'm a bitch but I agree with the cop. If I was him, I'd give you a ticket too.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
have any ever been in this situation???

if so do you lose your license or pay any fine????

Well this is my story it happen on New years day right after the club. I was out of town and i'm not familar with the street. so I accidently turn on a one way street, and with my luck there was a cop on that same street. So he me over and aressted me for DWI. I'm not gonna lie I did have a few drinks lol.. but I was not drunk and plus the reason why I made that turn was because of my stupid GPS... I was ask to take the breath test but I refused to take the test so I have to go to court.

what should I do???
should I get lewyer or should fight this case on my own???
I dont think im wrong at all cause it was an honest mistake, im sure a sober person makes this kind of mistake too right...

I need some advised and suggestion....
I don't know what state you're in, so I can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure you're going to get your license suspended. It'll probably be a year, but you can ask for limited driving privileges after 30 days I think. Yeah, refusing was pretty big. It can be used as presumptive evidence that you were driving under the influence.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
always take the breathlizer test. no matter what. cause in court they can always turn it around on you...plus you get a penalty if you dont take it...well here in PA thats the law

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
k like first person that posted u shouldn't have refuse the breathlizer test would have save u trouble here in texas if u refuse those test he can automatically book u , but if u weren't drunk it would have made thign smoother and he would have jsut ticket u for goign wrong way cause technically u were goign wrong way even if ur follwoing gps

and also since idon't know u i don't want to assume but are u one of those ppl who get pull over by cop and then tell others that he was rude and stuff jstu bc he ticket u?????

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yeah like they all said you should have taken the breathilizer test...but i don't blame you though it's your first time getting pulled over...i would have been nervous and scared tooo..except i would have been afraid of the cop and did everything he asked me to do...

i think since it's your first offense...maybe the judge could be nice and forgive you and maybe just give you a fine and a warning...though remember to tell the truth at court though.

harman

yeah I plan on telling the truth but I'm not sure if I should get a lawyer or not...

I'm not sure if a lawyer is big help or not...

hyperone

sarNie Egg
but like you said if they didnt give you a breath test, you could probably have a case. wait.... you refused to take it............ that is not good. nm get a lawyer!!! asap