dvd-r

pecco

sarNie Juvenile
i have some lakorns that i'd like to share, but theyre all formatted on dvd-r... :( Doe any one know a program that can play DVD -/+ r format?

Rakniran

pecco said:
i have some lakorns that i'd like to share, but theyre all formatted on dvd-r... :( Doe any one know a program that can play DVD -/+ r format?
[post="16661"][/post]​
I used CyberLink PowerDVD to play my dvd. I hope that help.

darvil

sarNie Adult
pecco said:
[post="16661"][/post]​
are you talking about extracting videos from the dvds? I mean pull it out of the DVD into files that you can upload and share. Is that what you're asking for?

pecco

sarNie Juvenile
my computer doesnt read those formats, and i wanted to know how to transfer it to the comp.

darvil

sarNie Adult
BlueMoon said:
I have a question what is the difference btw -R and +R
or +RW and -RW
[post="16758"][/post]​
They're just 2 different formats.. Think of it like the PAL and NTSC tape system.. you can't play a PAL tape in an NTSC TV.. or vice versa. Which means if your DVD player can only play a -R dvds then you won't be able to play +R dvds.. PERIOD. I mean they're both video formats.. its just that they're a little different from each other.

Its just the damn big business can't stick with one format. They're doing the same thing with the future format.. Blue ray vs HD dvd.. urggg

pecco said:
my computer doesnt read those formats, and i wanted to know how to transfer it to the comp.
[post="16763"][/post]​
If your dvdrom in your computer can't play DVD-R then there is nothing you can do.. none of your softwares can help you with that.

But I'm abit surprised it can't.. I mean most dvd-roms can play both dvd+r and dvd-r.. Can you tell me your brand name of your DVD rom? the name should be in the front. you should be able to read it.

darvil

sarNie Adult
pecco said:
uhh...im not sure---but its one of those burned cd/dvd ones :p
[post="16826"][/post]​
I don't mean the DVD R itself..

I meant the dvdrom on your PC.. you know the thing that opens up and you put a cd in?.. That thing.. it should have a name right in front of it.. like Pioneer or something.

darvil

sarNie Adult
pecco said:
Oh... i dont see it, :huh:
[post="16846"][/post]​

I have a very strange feeling that I'm not getting thru to you and keep ending up confusing you. :lol:

I think your machine can play both dvd-r and dvd+r .. you just need the right softwares I guess.

Do this for me.. Open your my computer and click on your DVD rom.. see if you can see 2 folders inside it.. called "audio_ts" and "video_ts".

pecco

sarNie Juvenile
lol--- Okay..i got 'my computer' open but what dvd rom :blink: it cant be just cause my computer can't read dvd-r and dvd+r?

darvil

sarNie Adult
pecco said:
lol--- Okay..i got 'my computer' open but what dvd rom :blink: it cant be just cause my computer can't read dvd-r and dvd+r?
[post="16886"][/post]​
oh you don't have a dvdrom???

You mean you only have a cdrom?

in that case you can't read those discs.

pecco

sarNie Juvenile
LOL---thnx anyways :lol: sorry for waste-ing your time :mellow:

pecco

sarNie Juvenile
lol Oh---most of the lakorns I downloaded...but the other ones (maneeyardfah,nangshow etc.) I used my brother labtop--fortunately it reads dvd-r and dvd+r :rolleyes:

darvil

sarNie Adult
pecco said:
lol Oh---most of the lakorns I downloaded...but the other ones (maneeyardfah,nangshow etc.) I used my brother labtop--fortunately it reads dvd-r and dvd+r :rolleyes:
[post="16931"][/post]​
ya know.. dvdroms are so dirt cheap.. you can order one from the internet for like 20 bux.. provided you can find someone to install it for you..

sisii

talking about dvd-r has anyone ever tried burning lakorn from the computer on a dvd-r so you can played it in a home standard dvd player?