doctors

Vanida

Save World Save Life
Twinky said:
sorry to hear about your uncle..but hey I would say not to trust every doctor especailly when your asian..most doctor thinks that asians peeps are stupid and that their not going to do anything about it...if I were you I would hire a lawyer and do an investigation and sue the heck out of those doctor...sorry this is just my opinion...once again I'm sorry to hear about your ucle..I hope you guys will be able to find out the real true side of the story soon...
[post="37445"][/post]​
omg u think the same as me true asian they think we are stuip its hard to explain but when u experience it u understand and it seem like they want your uncle body parts organ to replace with someone who is dying and really need it well the rich person they would lie and trick the dumb people who are not amercians anyways its just some but its sad and makes me mad. Sorry to heard that news i wish your uncle know whats the truth before the doctor :wavecry: :(

noungning

Heartless
wow... yeah seems like they tried to avoid the family members from seeing anything that have happened until they've basically cleaned everything up. well when considering a law suit, make sure you knew every health condition that your uncle might have had because they can always say otherwise. no consent papers were signed but...i think that if someone was to die in front of their face... as a doctor you are there to save lives so they can claim that they had to perform the surgery. but, again you said they said that ur uncle died while going to the operating room...so there isn't really any need to perform any kind of surgery if the individual is pronounced dead, unless the family demands something of that matter. sorry for your sad news. but hopefully things can get better

dee

sarNie Egg
that is bs...because after my brotther passed away in the operation room...the doctor and nurse came out and we requested to see his body; and they took us into the operation room...without trying to stop us...and they even said that if we had any questions we were to ask them....but in your situation it does sound kind of fishy...and the only time they are able to operate on a person without a signature is a matter of life and death..and they need to do it right awayk, but if a person is concious, they'll have the person sign it first...but yeah...if you guys are planning on filling for a lawsuit...make sure you do a lot of homework...and get all of your uncle's medical record...o'h and sorry about the lost...been there done that..and its so devasting...and it hurts a lot tooo...to loss someone you love...best wishes to your family and his....^_^

dfemc

sarNie Adult
anti-hmong said:
okay...this past weekend...one of my distant uncles had a mild heart attack at work...one of his co-workers saw him and called an ambulance...when they came and picked him up...he was back to normal...no pain...no nothing...when they got to the hospital the doctors did an x-ray and all that stuff...they said his arteries were clogged and was on the verge of rupturing and he needed immediate surgery...but my uncle was fine...he was talking to them...giving them information such as phone numbers to get in contact with his family...the doctors couldn't get in contact with any of the family members...so they went ahead with the surgery...no one signed any permission form for them to go ahead with the surgery...not even my uncle who was well enough to give them information...anyway, my uncle died on the way to the operating room (at least that's what the doctors are saying)...they said his arteries ruptured along to way and they couldn't do anything about it...BUT...they still went ahead with the surgery...they said they had to do the surgery becuz they couldn't get in contact with anyone in the family and he needed the surgery immediately...and my uncle wasn't well enough to sign the permission form for surgery (but yet he was well enough to give them information ...is it just me or does that sound fishy?)...not only that...if he died on the way to the operating room...what's the point of going through with the surgery????...and not only that...if it was just his heart...why the heck did they cut him open from top to bottom???...from his chest all the way down to his stomach???...and why the heck did they need to cut up his left thigh????... ...the doctors finally got ahold of the family 2 hrs after my uncle "supposedly" died on the way to the operating table...when the family got there...the doctors wouldn't let the family go see his dead body...they said there was a law stating that families aren't allowed to go see a dead family member's dead body ...the family asked if my dead uncle signed a permission form for the doctors to operate on him and the doctors said yes...so the family came back home...and called another one of my uncle (my mom's younger brother)...he went to the family's home and asked them what happened and if they've seen my dead uncle's body...the family said "no"...so my uncle got pissed off at the family for leaving the hospital without seeing my dead uncle's body...so he went to the hospital and almost got into a fight with the doctors becuz they wouldn't let him see my dead uncle's body becuz of their "supposed" law (whatever)...my uncle asked the doctors if they had any proof that my dead uncle's arteries were about to rupture and they said they did x-rays but they wouldn't show it to the family...then my uncle asked them if they had permission from my dead uncle to operate on him and if they did...he wanted to see the proof...the doctors said...there wasn't enough time to get the papers signed and that my uncle wasn't well enough to sign the papers anyway...(bullcrap...noticed the answer that the doctors gave my uncle was different from the answer that they gave to my dead uncle's family)...finally after hours and hours of fighting back and forth with the doctors about their stupid law...and the threat of a lawsuit...they finally let my uncle and the rest of the family go see my dead uncle's family...and my dead uncle was all cut up and stitched up

sorry for the long post...errrrrrrrrrrr...lol...
[post="37425"][/post]​
wow!...this is absolutely absurd, the kind of medical practice they've got going on there. :angry:
you were denied soooo many rights as family members of the patients.

1. xrays and autopsies should be shown and provided at the request of the family of close ties, so that you may :
a. determine that all operation procedures were done properly to the health benefit of the patient.
b. determine none of his organs are missing against the patient's will.
c. verify the actual cause of death, in the case that it may also affect family medical history.

2. what was their proof of the attempt to contact the family...

3. your rights to see the patient after their death should be a given. for them to declare it "law" forbidding such visitation, they should have it in WRITTEN form, and you have a right to request a written copy of such "laws" and regulations.
a. with what reasons do the laws forbid loved ones from seeing each other, especially in the case of a patient's death. (eg. infectious diseases, blah blah blah); even then as sunflower has mentioned, it is based on individual choice to undergo such risks of exposure or not; but it is NOT the doctors or any medical personnel's position to make the call.

(i'm sure u probably know or have been suggested the contents below repetitively and may find these redundant) in any case, here are a few suggested things to prepare for the lawsuit:

1. get all medical records and documents of your uncle organized. look through it and get second opinions and critically analyze the medical situation. (ask some other experts as well, qoute them and their opinions, get written copies)
a. in regards to thigh cuts, heart condition, and any other excessive incisions or missing organs.
b. if they are at all found to have given away his organs or harvest any portions of it, his immediate family has a right to know that and receive documentation on it.

2. request for an autopsy (this usually requires immediate family such as ur aunt or her kids to do so)

3. document your uncle's death:
a. time and date of the death
b. the cause of the death
c. the nature of his death
d. his conditions prior to and leading to his death
e. the conditions of his body after the death
f. names of doctors who operated on him
g. names of administrative ppl or medical personnels who attempted to contact the family prior to the operation.
h. take pictuers if you can of your uncle's body (with zoom ups on questionable cuts and scars)

4. document his immediate famiy's experience with the hospital:
a. the things or "myths" that they were misinformed (or the "miscommunication)
. how were his immediate family treated in the hospital?
. if they needed translators, was the service provided for?
. what were their feelings after being misinformed? (eg. frustration, anger, etc...)
. how long did it take for them to get any answer or communication?
. was their lack of closure addressed?
. were all their rights as the immediate family to the dead patient (your uncle) told to them?
b. who told them they couldn't see the body and why?
c. the time and date they got to the hospital
d. names of all medical personnels they communicated with and showed authority on the issue

5. counsel with a law office or a legal advisor, providing all these documentations (written, recorded, visual pictures, etc...).

yeah these are just a few things i hope may help. this issue is clearly needs to be dissected and looked over a second time. too many inconsistencies with the impression of exploitation and lack of professionalism in their medical practice; much of it also contributing to the death of the patient as well as the lack of closure for the family.

wish u the best of luck and keep us updated. look forward to hearing good news. and condolences out to your uncle and his family as well as urs.

Soteeda

I'm sorry for your loss..my condolences go out to you and your family.

I work in the medical field and do not agree with how your family was treated by hospital staff. Not allowing the family to see your uncle's body was plain stupid because the family has every right to. I'm not familiar with laws in the US but here in Canada if a person passes away their family has every right to know what happened to their loved one and are allowed to see the body. At the hospital I work at we will even move the body into an isolated or quiet room just so that the family can view the body in privacy. The only reason I could think of why they operated on him before he could sign anything may have been because his condition turned for the worse, but only then is the doctor allowed to make the decision since it's a life or death situation..but then again we don't know since they didn't tell you guys anything. AS for all the incisions...if you uncle had an aortic aneurysm I can see why they had to make such a long incision and why they had to operate so soon...but then again they never said anything. As for the incision on the thigh...they need to explain why that was done. Overall there's just too many blanks missing and they owe you guys a better explanation rather than just saying sorry...you guys have every right to investigate!

p.s. I don't really like doctors either... so that's why I opted to be a nurse and where I work we only see them once a day for an hour at the most...which is enough for some haha. Not all are bad but I've seen my fair shair of snotty hospital staff who I'd like to punch.

sueko

sarNie Egg
in my opinion some docs are weird and out of focus... recently i popped my knee in a sport and i went to go see a doctor... he's like okay your fine come back in a month to see how you're doing... so a month's passed and i went in for a check-up and he stopped focusing on my knee and focused on my skin??? it seemed i had some dry skin thing and he didn't tell me anything about my popped knee!!! it felt better but i'm still baffled. But doctors are doctors, some are weird and some are dedicated. if we can't trust some doctors then who can we trust to heal us...that's there job. i'm studying to become a doctor, although my friend say i'm crazy b/c i'm to young to be thinking like that, cause i want to make a difference and be a better doctor than the rest of my screwed up doctors... :)

OnlyU

sarNie Elites
really sorry for your lost. I think something is up. really want to know what they have to say now that ur fam are suing them. When my mom was sick they wouldn't do anything until they got a hold of my family member- it didn't take them that long to get a hold of us. I hope you guys win the case... good luck