Do most thai stars come from wealthy families?

khunyingmayuree

sarNie Egg
From what I know and what I have always known in the thai community and culture. it's the social class, to be in the entertainment business was strictly for money because of the poor economics in their provinces, therefore the majority of them like anywhere else wants a better lifestyle. some of the families couldn't afford to send their children to school, some of them have to work in the rice fields or odd jobs to take care of family. the rich/wealthy families had send their children abroad to study. the unfortuntate families who was blessed with a good looking talented kid would hope that they would get lucky enough to meet anyone who had connections with the thai entertainment industry, like ann t was working at a dalat nam with her grandmother and one of the directors saw her and offered her a movie deal. same goes for mos..he was very poor, i believe he also worked at a dalat nam. bie the singer was working at a pizza parlor before he got discovered, pancake, her mother knows the execs at the t.v station. rumors has it that they have paid to be famous. who else...they are regular people like us, it's a job or career that pays their bills.
num sornram came from a family of thai dara's his father was an old pra'eak.
kob-her father got her in the entertainment business because he saw potential in her.
who else.....

If i wanted to be like Nang lai...I just need to lose 20lbs take some voice lessons, call my auntie up, maybe offer them some money and pray that someone would even buy my cd's or watch me on the thai lakorns. hahahah. If you had the money to pay for more marketing that's a plus, like pancake. my personal experiences and thoughts. so i hope this didn't offend any of the readers. thanks!

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
From what I know and what I have always known in the thai community and culture. it's the social class, to be in the entertainment business was strictly for money because of the poor economics in their provinces, therefore the majority of them like anywhere else wants a better lifestyle. some of the families couldn't afford to send their children to school, some of them have to work in the rice fields or odd jobs to take care of family. the rich/wealthy families had send their children abroad to study. the unfortuntate families who was blessed with a good looking talented kid would hope that they would get lucky enough to meet anyone who had connections with the thai entertainment industry, like ann t was working at a dalat nam with her grandmother and one of the directors saw her and offered her a movie deal. same goes for mos..he was very poor, i believe he also worked at a dalat nam. bie the singer was working at a pizza parlor before he got discovered, pancake, her mother knows the execs at the t.v station. rumors has it that they have paid to be famous. who else...they are regular people like us, it's a job or career that pays their bills.
num sornram came from a family of thai dara's his father was an old pra'eak.
kob-her father got her in the entertainment business because he saw potential in her.
who else.....

If i wanted to be like Nang lai...I just need to lose 20lbs take some voice lessons, call my auntie up, maybe offer them some money and pray that someone would even buy my cd's or watch me on the thai lakorns. hahahah. If you had the money to pay for more marketing that's a plus, like pancake. my personal experiences and thoughts. so i hope this didn't offend any of the readers. thanks!
i thought what u said about the money and connections was right. except sornram part(lol, i have to defend him). he lied about his last name because his father was a dara. he started out in a commercial before he was offered any lakorns.so, for sornram, he didnt use his connections(according to his interview though)

and i think they're a variety...but most of them are middle/lower class...

hey, intro me to ur aunt!! i might go for a few plastic surg, voice lession and pay some money.LOL....but i think nobody's gonna buy, i can even sing "twinkle twinkle little star" out of tune!!! LOL :p

chi chi

sarNie Juvenile
lol, preaw!! I like that twinkle little star comment 555!! I think it all depends, but right now they are doing soo many talent contest that very little I think ppl with money would be in the buziness and if they're not talented, I don't think most of them last that long anyways.

khunyingmayuree

sarNie Egg
i thought what u said about the money and connections was right. except sornram part(lol, i have to defend him). he lied about his last name because his father was a dara. he started out in a commercial before he was offered any lakorns.so, for sornram, he didnt use his connections(according to his interview though)

and i think they're a variety...but most of them are middle/lower class...

hey, intro me to ur aunt!! i might go for a few plastic surg, voice lession and pay some money.LOL....but i think nobody's gonna buy, i can even sing "twinkle twinkle little star" out of tune!!! LOL :p
yeah that part i can't confirm if he did in fact changed his last name because he didn't want to ride on his father's coat tail, 9my mother was in love with him when she was younger)but everyone knows in thailand that his father was an old pra'eak. as for my auntie, na jin, she can hook it up. hahahahah. just gotta show the execs the money, and also the part on not being famous for a long time without any real actual talent is true. one hit wonder, right? I just want to play the nang lai for the heck of it. i think it would be fun to be the most hated women in thailand, just gotta make sure my limo is bullet proof. hahahah.

khunyingmayuree

sarNie Egg
yeah that part i can't confirm if he did in fact changed his last name because he didn't want to ride on his father coat tail, but everyone knows in thailand that his father was an old pra'eak. as for my auntie, na jin, she can hook it up. hahahahah. just gotta show the execs the money, and also the part on not being famous for a long time without any real actual talent is true. one hit wonder, right? I just want to play the nang lai for the heck of it. i think it would be fun to be the most hated women in thailand, just gotta make sure my limo is bullet proof. hahahah.
and another thing..I LOVE P'Num followed him to two shows in the states, might possibly see him in thailand in august. ahahah, my uncle was his dean or still his dean because he is persuing his masters in ramkhamheang university. connections, right?hahaha.

Mae

sarNie Adult
Chakrit was born hi-so... He was an accidental actor, never wanted to be in the showbiz...but thank goodness he came because i'm so in love!

moilee

sarNie Adult
I would not say most actors or actresses but maybe few of them.

hellomelia

sarNie Hatchling
i dont think every actor or actress had to come from a wealthy fam to become famous.
i think its more of talent, looks, and ambitions.

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
and another thing..I LOVE P'Num followed him to two shows in the states, might possibly see him in thailand in august. ahahah, my uncle was his dean or still his dean because he is persuing his masters in ramkhamheang university. connections, right?hahaha.
I so want to be you right now LOL! Who's persuing their masters? P'Num?

khunyingmayuree

sarNie Egg
omg ur so lucky, im jealous! have u met any of the celebs when u go there

to be honest with you, they are like regular people, on camera they look better because of the lightning and make up and sometimes you don't know if they are celebrities or not! make up does a lot wonder. i know because when i went there for a test shot, i look nothing like that in pic and in real life. i look like a tranny with big boobs. hahahah. but for the most part, they are all down to earth hard working people. very humble.

dhan9

sarNie Adult
Chakrit was born hi-so... He was an accidental actor, never wanted to be in the showbiz...but thank goodness he came because i'm so in love!
oh i really? thanks for that info. i always thought that he may be from a rich family considered that he went to international school since he was young so his family must can afford it for him to go to such school right?

Yeah an accidential actor- yeah we were very lucky to have him as our p'ek- thanks god!

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
to be honest with you, they are like regular people, on camera they look better because of the lightning and make up and sometimes you don't know if they are celebrities or not! make up does a lot wonder. i know because when i went there for a test shot, i look nothing like that in pic and in real life. i look like a tranny with big boobs. hahahah. but for the most part, they are all down to earth hard working people. very humble.
really? lol they must have good makeup artists then!

Lalavonvon

sarNie Egg
Well, Thai stars are human beings. Their day jobs are more exciting and colourful than ours, other than that, they are just like us - coming from all walks of lives. There are the filthy rich ones, the very poor ones, the average family ones, etc. So my guess is that no, only some of the Thai stars are from wealthy background.

Also, there might be a misconception that the lukkreungs are wealthy too. This however is not necessary true because those I know come from very average family background too.

Lastly, the word "wealthy" can be a subjective word. For instance, to some being wealthy is having a net worth of THB100m but to others it might be THB10m.

And one thing is for sure ... I ain't wealthy and I ain't a Thai star! Lol!!! But darn, am I very happy and living life to the fullest! :)

Muddie Murda

smile...
the show is with Kob and Por (JunPunDao)..there she said that when her and her mother moved to the city, they have to rent out a small room apartment with little to eat and money to spend..they're only hope was for Yui to get a movie deal..Punch(thai singer) she's not from a wealthy family either..still they work hard to get where they are today...

The only star that I know that comes from a wealthy family is:

-Cee Siwat
-Amy K.
-Brook (don't know if he is still consider a star)
-Golf/Mike (I considered them wealthy becuz their bros were also famous before they came into spotlight)..
......they were not famous....trust me....LOLLLLLLLL

chi chi

sarNie Juvenile
the newer generation stars are mostly mix, and about which are rich, nowadays with all these reality shows seeking for stars, most are either average or poor who gotta show that they got the talent.