Disturbia :: Aum/Aff/Tik/Ann n more [Chapter 15 is UP!!]

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 11 ]

The silence in the night couldn't go on longer as tears was seen going through the cheek of a once, tough man. As he lay there, he was bounded by guilt. He should have expected this to happen but the thing is -- he never did. Question on how,when,why,what are all playing in his head. It was annoying, as he couldn't grasp the answer behind all of it, like the sound of some metal songs -- noisy yet, meaningless. As the last drop of tear fell to the ground, he tried looking up and there he saw the bright cold moon shining his light down. The memories of the past came passing by the confused thoughts he held onto since he was awake. As he closed his eyes, he took his hand and lay in on his eyes. Reminiscing his past, he remembered a particular poem he write during his university years .. long time ago. Silver moon.

Bright cold silver moon,

Mourning just too soon,

It cries for a monsoon,

It roars for a typhoon.

All in all, it was a buffoon.

Those cries gave a fright,

His tears was a sight,

He might be a silver knight,

Shining down his light,

But he finally .. lost the fight.

Foolish it was to blame the stars,

When he clearly show his scars,

It was not strength which cause his lost ..

But both pride and arrogance crossed.

It was then he finally realized. This is not the time to mourn, only regret when none could be done anymore. In this case, there is a hope, there is -- he swear. Yes! .. and as those words was said. He doze off with a smile carved.

I will save you ..

Maybe he was too tired that even the heat from the sun couldn't wake him up. It was up until Rome came and called him then he realize it was already 10am. That late?Noon put on her smirk-ish look on and was happy to see how much changes Tik was. Rather than sad - which was expected - he put on a smile, trying hard to not show the pain from the wounds which was yet to be healed. He was all gear up and now waiting for the call. The clock seem to be ticking pretty slow for that particular morning, maybe it was the battery? .. maybe not. As the clock strike two, it was now 10.10am. Suddenly, a familiar tone was heard buzzing through the air. All eyes was on the phone. Tik gave a stare towards Rome, trying to uplift his mood, he held onto the phone and answered it -- Hello?

"Why hello, inspector. Sorry for the sudden lateness .. your wife is pretty annoying, she wouldn't stay still. How did you tame her? Heheh .."

"W-What did you do to HER?!"

"Shhhh .. calm down. I'll do the talking here - or - you want this to be a GAME OVER?"

"No! Ok, from now on .. its whatever you say .. please."

"Haha .. that's good. Now that we understand each other, let's get down to business shall we?"

"Yes."

"Listen carefully now .. "

"Huh?"

"In the land where it drew a fine line between dream and reality, shall bare the key to eternal happiness. The choice have to be made to achieve so, life have to be given for the eyes to see .. only then there shall sprout the seed of hope."

"Wait! What do you mean??"

"Hahaha .."

"Hey!"

-- BEEP --

Both Rome and Noon were anxious to know what Aum had told Inspector Tik. Though they were curious, non a single word came out from both of their mouth. There, loyal as ever, they stood still waiting for their next order.

"Rome .."

"Yes, anything Sir?"

"The game had started .."

"What did he say Sir?" Noon coudn't stand it anymore.

"He gave me a somewhat riddle .. I don't understand it .."

"A riddle? Quick! Rome take a piece of paper .. we need to write it down as long as Inspector still remembers it well .."

Rome took out the notebook which was in one of his pocket. Noon gave her pen to their boss. As he wrote down every single word he heard. Both of his officers were quietly trying to decipher the message. It was difficult. Just when Inspector Tik wrote the last word and end it with a dot, there was light on Noon's face!

"Sir, I think I know what the riddle really means!"

shachibasha

psychotic
yay you updates wahh now after reading the riddle i have to solve it or else it will eat me alive..!...

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 12 ]

The riddle nearly cracked Rome's head while Inspector Tik couldn't really be sure of his own answer. His hope now lie on his officer, Noon. Though she got the answer to that very riddle as quick as a flash, it shouldn't be shocking at all. She's from the police's psychology department afterall. Knowing what's playing in the criminal is practically -- her job. All eyes was on her now, Rome's getting pissed for not understanding a single word in the riddle. He at least would had thought that all his years of being a police would at least pay off some experience and not losing to some psychiatrist.

"Would you mind sharing what you got from the riddle .." Rome hesitated to ask at first.

"Yeah, of course .." She answered in a teasing tone. She knew Rome got a problem with his "male-ego".

"Sir, may I ?" She asked politely for the pen from Tik and he answered, "Sure."

As she took the pen, she started scribbling on the very same note.

"Well .. let's recall back the riddle Aum gave us ..

In the land where it drew a fine line between dream and reality, shall bare the key to eternal happiness. The choice have to be made to achieve so, life have to be given for the eyes to see .. only then there shall sprout the seed of hope.

You see Sir, a criminal like Aum would be the toughest to face since he fall under the 'intelligent' category. So this type of criminal never liked to be challenged -- especially by those whom they sought as their worthy opponent which in this case it's you."

Both Inspector Tik and Rome couldn't agree less. They kept nodding while Rome was really interested in knowing the answer.

"So the question now is, when did he made his decision that you were his worthy opponent?" Noon question them back.

"Well, that would be .. when we were on the cliff." Rome made a random guess.

"Exactly!" Noon added. "That what it means by 'in the land where it drew a fine line between dream and reality'. I think we should go there now and confirm my theory. Shall we?"

"Yeah." Inspector Tik gave his consent. As he tried very hard to not show the pain he's going through just by moving his injured body, Rome interrupted. "Sir, are you sure you're going to be ok?".

"Yeah of course, not to worry." He tried to put on a smile but it was not convincing at all.

"Erm, just know that we got your back." It could be clearly seen that Rome do not just see him as a superior but a big brother in need of help.

"Yeah I know that. Thanks .."

It didn't take long for them to reach the destination since the hospital was situated around that area. As they reached the very same crime scene, Rome just couldn't stand holding in his feelings anymore; yes he is very angry for the lost of Rita though maybe it was not fully Aum's fault .. he guess.

"Just remember Rome, he's sick .." Noon said, trying to lessen his burden.

"Yep! Don't worry, I'm alright now. She's in heaven anyways .. not sure if they can bare with her nagging though .. haha .."

The walked to the very end of the cliff.

"Sir, here. As I was saying before, I got a feeling that the line which separate dream and reality would be the edge of this cliff. He wants to challenge you, to see whether you're willing to risk your life for Mrs. Cherry. Which brings us back to the riddle where ' shall bare the key to eternal happiness' .."

"Yeah what DOES that line means anyways??" Rome was getting impatient.

"I think I know what it means .." Inspector Tik suddenly interrupted. "Once I make that life/death decision .. I will find the next clue -- the key to my eternal happiness .."

"BINGO!" Noon the added, "Though I'm not 100% sure with the next lines which is .. 'life have to be given for the eyes to see .. only then there shall sprout the seed of hope.' but I think overall Sir, it means you should use your heart or your instinct to find the next clue and not your very eyes .."

"Thanks Noon .. I think I know what I should do now .." Inspector Tik gave a confirmation look towards Noon. Rome was still confused but Noon then make way for her superior.

With that, as Inspector Tik came closer to the cliff .. he closed his eyes .. 1 .. 2 .. 3 -- he jumped.

shachibasha

psychotic
yup..hehe im just like rome how you have to figure out stuff or youll bem pisssed

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
me too...i'm like rome..i was so frustrated when i couldn't figure it out...it's seems so simple now...but lol..i would have never got it..

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 13 ]

"SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!" Rome shouted as long as his lungs could bare.

"Let it be Rome, he made his decision .." Noon said as she looked down. The figure can now .. no longer be seen.

"What the hell are you talking about?? This is not helping! You're killing him NOON!"

"Stop being stupid .. you know nothing .. even if he don't jump -- he would die anyways."

"Your head!! Have you gone out of your mind? I mean seriously, hell! shit!" He kept on cursing. At times, putting both of his hands on his head.

"Rome .. listen to me first .. listen .."

"WHAT!?"

"If he jump, there's a possibility that he might be able to find the next clue .. Think about it. What's the use if he's alive only to find out about his wife's death? Don't you think, he'll be 'dead' too?" She tried reasoning.

"But--"

" .. don't worry, I'm sure he'll do fine. There's a possibility he might survive -- like Aum."

"I hope you're right .. wait." Rome paused. " Don't tell me you already knew he would jump off the cliff .. even before we came here?"

"Yes."

"How?"

She looked at the man and said, "It's my job to know."

--

Here goes nothing! Please let me survive this .. god.He jumped. He was going down faster than he had imagined. The friction between his direction and the force against him was so hard that it was pain even before the 'smooth' landing.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

-- SPLASH --

He fell into the mouth of the river. The raging rapid almost drown him. Luckily, he managed to miss from landing onto a rock which - might - had taken his life away. He felt like a fool fighting against the current but in time of emergency, who cares? With all the very bit of energy left in him, wound which haven't healed yet .. he fought and fought and finally reached the side of the river. Tik was trying to breathe so hard that one might think he was suffocating by the atmosphere around him.

Calm down .. calm down .. breathe .. inhale .. exhale .. breathe ..

Those were the words he kept telling himself. Before he knew it, he finally managed to keep a hold of himself and inhaling the oxygen around him and exhaling the carbon dioxide. He forced himself to sit up, suddenly .. he could feel water rushing from the very deep of his stomache, through his throat - burning - and came out of the mouth. He coughed it all out. It was torture, most certainly yes.

There's no time to lose. Get a grip of yourself would you!

.. life have to be given for the eyes to see .. only then there shall sprout the seed of hope ..

What the hell is the 'seed of hope'?? Hope my ass .. arghh ..

Tik stood up -- he was now surrounded by forest and in front of him was a raging river calling out to his name. He turned, and turned, and turned .. looking for what may be the 'seed of hope'.

I can't find it! I can't find it! Shit!

Shhh .. close your eyes .. yes .. calm .. breathe ..

He tried listening to 'himself' for once. He closed his eyes, shutting out one of his senses then trying to concentrate in the others. He could hear the rapid water flowing int he river, birds chirping and -- a weird sound coming from inside the forest.

Yes! They should be hiding there ..

I'm coming ..

He did not notice before. But his left leg was bleeding, maybe he did hit the rock. He could feel the pain but he could care less. He kept on walking. Hoping to reach the destination as soon as he can. Eventhough he knew, that place was hell.