Did you guys hear?

L

lalalek

Well i heard from my sister that a guy and his wife got shot in thailand!!! They both lived in Asheville and went to thailand for some charity thing and got shot......! They figured out that both of the were PRINCE and PRINCESSES from Laos!!!!!!! That is sad and the thing is my parents kinda knew them too!!!

So does anyone know anymore than my story that i or anyone doesn't know? :blink:

L

lalalek

I think that they are real for some reason.......it actually scary to be a bloodline of the royals........! i wonder when laos is ever gunna give up being a communist country? I think that one day, laos is gunna be free!!!!!! :D

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
This is one of the main reasons why my dad has never gone back to visit Laos or Thailand. So if i ever decide to go, i'll be married under a different name, and already is an American Citizen. Its sad that it happens all the time. 2 of my dad's friends who went to visit, never came back. Not sure if they even found them.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
how sad.. & scary!!!!

why did they get killed? because they were Prince and Princess?

i don't understand.. Where is this world going to end??

Evil ass people in this world!!

~Sandy~

We don't know what happened or where they're at. No one heard from them back. My dad's guess what they were killed, for what reason, not too sure, but it had something to do with the war before the communist took over.

Yeah, damn the Communist.

Keomany

Music.heal.All
yea it scary my stepdad however like going to visit laos and he is going back there again..i would love to visit that place but i would go with all my family incase things like this happen

~Sandy~

They were in the army, fighting against Communist. So was my dad, but my dad was higher rank.

missjoy

sarNie Elites
yeah, heard about them. It's very sad. There's two different possiblities of why they were killed. I have my opinion, but I wont state. Hopefully we will find out who is responsbile for for such inhumane act.

I think Laos is a safe place to go visit as long as your last name is not known to participate in any war against the communist regime.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
This world needs to kewl it!!! before the earth turns the opposite way & kills everyone.. that way everyone will learn to love eachother.. Gosh!!!

i went to laos.. i saw nothing scary.. lucky me.. :)

Keomany

Music.heal.All
Reagan said:
sandy was your dads friends apart of the royal army before?
keomany, I dont think its that bad
[post="71233"][/post]​
yea i no i shouldnt be quick to judge...i bet it is a beautiful place..cuz we laos people are awesome

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Its best if we dont discuss this topic anymore people, and sandy I dont recommend you go unless you change your name just my opinion

Rakniran

Why in the world would they want to announced to everyone in Thailand that they are from USA and belong to lao royal family? Of course bad things will happen to them..

I have heard some of lao over here claim that they belong to the royal lao family too and they werent even..Anybody can claim...

Thats sad how they got shot and die...
When i go back to visit Laos or Thailand.i wouldnt even let anyone know that i'm from USA...I wouldnt even fake saying that im from the royal family either...

Went to the site and read it..It stated that The couple was not directly related to Savang Vatthana, the last king of Laos, who was forced to abdicate his throne after a communist takeover of his country in 1975. The Sethathirath family last ruled a part of Laos in the 19th century.

Why did they lie?
Whats going to happen to their two sons?
I feel sorry for those two boys that have to be alone without parents..Hope they are doing okay...What a horrible news...

According to a profile of the couple published earlier this month in the Asheville Citizen-Times, they were to attend a cultural conference in Thailand this month for the Lan Xang people

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I don't feel that their real royal.. Because... my grandmother and mother know the royal that have escape from Lao.. And they don't identifie themself at all for safety purposes.. And if they were really to visit Thailand there should have been guard.. I remember doing a research on the Prince of Lao who escape the communist and have been fortunate to see him in person. He went to visit Thailand and Thai's government provide him with security.

I if they were the real royal.. The protect of the heir will be very important.. Why would they expose themself.. that's just stupid.. Nong Kai is full with Lao-'esan people...

I feel sorry for them.. but it's their own fault to go around claiming their status in a country that right next to the communist that waiting to get rid of all royal blood..

You don't have to change your last name in order to go back... Everyone is exsagrating about getting killed just because they were in war.. My grandfather went their and he didn't get killed. My uncle marry a girl there and he didn't get killed.. My father went back to visit his relative about 10 time now and he didn't get killed. And they are all top soldier...

Why they didn't killed.. They didn't go over and try to act if things still run the same.. They didn't go there still thinking that Lao Royal stilll own the place.. They didn't go as a soldier... They didn't talk about the war or say anything that have to do with the war....

I know those who went and never return.. And I know how they are.. They'll go over thinking that their still a touhg soldier and talk all their s!!!... That's why they never came back....

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Well well, all the interesting. Hmm...if only i had more time to dwelve into this matter. it's unfortunate that deaths like this occurred altogether. surprisingly enough there's an insufficient amount of coverage on this story nationally. so there's something/someone suppressing it altogether. from readin many thoughts on several forums, there was one that has encouraged me to speculate on other notes.

these are two couples who have been living as refugees in America and choosing to present themselves as royals. however, they have never participated in any anti-laotian/communist activities and furthermore they are not claiming to be the direct descendents of the last and most recent king, Sisavang Vathana who was the last monarch to rule and be overthrown by the Laotian communist gov't.

based on that, as proposed by another individual, it's very plausible that there are others who would have a greater motive to the death of these couples than the Laotian gov't would. try the Thai gov't for an alternative theory. there's many compelling points that could easily redirect the blaming fingers.

nonetheless, who's to know what these couples are up to and what's the real story behind their claim and the lifestyle they choose to live as "royals". their websites is very propaganda-ish, i must say, as neutral as it claims to be.

but i wouldn't second guess their claims as royals just simply because they identify themselves to be royals. at the same time, i wouldn't take their word right off the batch the of their tongues either.

but i would take reason and logic as my guidance into this investigation. because this story sure deserves another look.