:depression"

slee00

sarNie Adult
The past two years, whenever I am facing a difficult situation or a confrontation or just anything that upset me, I feel like I am about to explode!
I cant sleep, cant sit still, cant walk, dont want to be around people except watching a lakorn or TV holding my head still....I must be really depressed! I went to see an american counselor but they have no idea about the asian culture so she didnt understand what what I am going thru...so she gave me advices that not even relate to my situation....

I am feeingl depressed this week......

pond

sarNie Egg
i think thats normal for teens right now...most of them are in a depression stages right now and some might be at a risk stage it depends....

But here's what you need to do...
go to the depression center and talk to them and they'll guide you though and if they think that you're at risk they'll keep you there for atleast 2weeks and of course you have to take a depression pills...
or if you don't wanna go in you can just call and talk to them on the phone and they'll be glad to help you out...well i hope that will help you out.... :D

Reagan

sarNie Adult
I dont think its a race issue if your born in america, and live the american life.
Hint: the smallest issues you might have could possibly be the reason, I'm sure there are things bothering you that you might of overlooked and never thought much of it?

knightluva

sarNie Hatchling
Everybody been through depression buts it all depend on how you can stop it. I was at one point, don't sleep for weeks and if i did get to sleep it was because i took something to put me to sleep, lose appetites, can't concentrate on school work, and isolate myself from everyone else. I do feel that no one can understand what I'm going through. Because someone told me that its too depressing to hear my story I stop talking to people about my problem. I'm already depress and I wouldn't want anybody to feel depress because of me so I hold every pain to myself. I cried whenever i have the chance. One time it was too painful that I give up my life but I was saved by the person who cause me in pain. I was upset after why they brought me back into life. I don't wanna suffer the pain again. But afterward, I'm thankful that I still exist today. I still have family that care alot about me. I do everything to recover myself so I wouldn't have my family worry about me. I talk to them about what happen and they listened. They try to find every possible way to make me happy and knowing what they done to me I've realized how selfish I am to end my life in such way.

The best solution is try to be active. Get yourself to involve in some type of activity or work harder so you wouldn't have to think of your depressions. Talk to someone about it and don't leave your stress builds up like mine. Good Luck!!

Saifah

bite me x___
i dont really suffer from depression but more of stress.. if depression leads the same way as stress then i suffer from it. Like its hard to sleep at night..UmMm.. I dont eat a lot like i'd used too. I don't like to see anyone as often. Heartache, headache and all those things.

Mee_123

sarNie Hatchling
true, agree with everyone here...
I'm suffering from depression right now...
it's so hard, I for one don't really have problems to sleep in fact sleep is the only thing that I find great pleasure in. I feel like if i go to sleep when I wake up I will feel better, sometimes it works but other times it's the opp.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Depression...I agree with pond its really common in the teens group and also the young adults group... new mothers also suffer from it also... I've gone through depression sometimes for no reason at all... I think its because of school and how everything was... I dealt with it by keeping to , myself which actually made it worse... My friends saw the signs in it and began to get worried so they tried to help and they pulled me through... even though sometimes I still feel depressed I talk to the people i trust most and it helps and i keep active in the things I like to do... like most of the time i write and write and write...

HmMm I guess my advice is keep active in the things you like and the things that take your mind off things...

anjos

I'm going thought a stress stage tooo..... I guess I put my family frist and me secound.... I just need some me time.... get out and have some fun.....

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Everyone goes through this. Don't feel that you're alone. I've been through it myself, once in my teenage years and then again after the birth of my daughter. I have a friend that is actually going through this right now. She can't sleep, can't eat. She doesn't want to be around people and she's starting to hang around the wrong people. Anyway, the best solution is to not keep those feelings inside. It's always good to express your feelings to someone. Find a close friend, sister or someone who you trust to talk to. Then after that, get active. Do things to take your mind off the stuff that is making you depressed. Just remember, your parents love you very much. So do your brothers and sisters and friends. Most teens get depressed over boyfriend/girlfriend issue. Just try to think of it, it's not meant to be. And that if he or she doesn't see the importance in you, then you need to let him or her go. I know this is cliche but when you love someone, let them go. If they come back, then it's meant to be. I know it's harder to do but just try. By the time your parents can raise you up to be this age, it takes a lot of time and effort. I have a 3 year old daughter and it's like having another full time job. When you start thinking about doing stuff that's harmful to yourself, just think about your parents.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Ahhhh depression...everyone experiences it one time or another as we enter and progress towards each stage of life...

For a short period of time, I was once lost, depressed, and felt unworthy of myself. It was quite difficult to overcome such feelings as a young teen or maybe even for some adults out there.

But, I didnt want to become one of those people who sits and mopes around for something magical to happen. I have to put my feet down and strive for what I lack / need :p

Those unwanted feelings are now foreign to me once I've realized what my purposes in life are and do my best to accomplish it... B)

Sure, I might be a little tense / stressed during exam times, but depression? It's like a dark shadow that I've surpassed and left behind ages ago :ph34r:

Fully understanding oneself takes time and that's depending on that particular individual as they physically, psychologically, and emotionally mature...

Dont be afraid to talk to the ones who loves you even though sometimes you "think" they dont understand...

Dont make seclusion become a habit to deal with your "depression" / problems or anything that upsets you. It will only make it worse than it already is.

A torn human being cant be "fixed" all at once, so ask yourself...what bothers you, what makes you unhappy, and yada yada yada.

Acceptance to your problems is a good start and gradually give yourself time / space to adjust to changes / solutions that will help ease off what you've known to be "depression"...

STIMA

wat kind of things has been upsetting you lately??
did you stop doing anything that you normally do?
i think you need to figure out wats wrong wid urself..o_o
cuz its not normal for u right..to be depressed?
i think some peoplee like in the older ages just go into depression about their lifee like future stressing n STUFF

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Depression? just find something to channel that negative feeling into. Like for me what I do is write when I'm at my low point .. or I listen to music and let the music tallk to me .. kinda weird.. but also.. hmmm I play games and sort.. but never once have I ever thought about suicide.. its just a waste of time and the people who talk, but don't do it are attention whoresz.. I know its kind of harsh to say, but my friend does it all the time .. she always tells me shes going to kill herself.. just so that i will drop everything and go to her ... and then after awhile I realized she wasn't serious.. dont get me wrong I mean some people that say they are going to do it, but don't .. they're like that because they haven't made up their mind yet =x but in my friends case it would be an attention whore >.O.. once again i apologize if I offend anyone

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Penny said:
ooooooooooooooooooook. i think saying they gonna kill themself is just a way of releasing some stress. most of them dont really mean it. well, 50% dont mean it, 50% is dead for realz.
[post="146167"][/post]​
I agree, but I think thats a pretty stupid way to relieve stress don't u think?saying that you will kill urself? to release stress? stress does cause depression, but the thing is if you think about it releasing stress by saying u will committ suicide will worry others therefore bringing stress to those who loves you... I know alot of things I say may conflict with the way alot of people feel, but thats my opinion on it.. and I'm not going to sugarcoat anything >.< its just me sorry and I do apologize if I offend anyone.. I don't mean to its just my opinion and take on it...

Kina

Dubsteppin'
how do u guy's deal with family members who sorta insults u. they say theyre just joking about it, but ye no...it hurts to hear.

my family makes me depressed

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
wow I know how you feel, but dont take it to serious family's family and they don't really know how you feel unless you tell them... and my best advice would be to talk to and tell them yahnno, but like alot of asian kids aren't great with talking about things like that to their family.. .... but its ok .. just calm and think about yourself dont let others words hurt u .. even family.. and if it really does bother you talk to them about it.. their family they'll understand...

:wub: sorry if i couldnt help

Kina

Dubsteppin'
oh no lol they dont understand. there is something about asian families...we tend to not have any moral or sth to teach us or make us have a "bonding" or a "relationship" btwn kids and their parents. saddens me...thats how it is with my family. it takes a toll on my life...i feel lonely all the time and i always think and wander off. i wish there are ways to make things well...i hate this feeling.