Dental Hygenist Career

Muddie Murda

smile...
So I plan to go into the Dental Hygenist path...

Anyone into this? Looking into it?

Well, my problem is that, my college record's really ugly.
You'd take a glance at it and go, "Whoa..."

We can clean it up right?

My high school transcript looks good. Except I don't have any classes involving in this field. I thought I'd go into Art. Didn't work out too well.

I know the Dental Hygenist program is basically a Associate Degree, so that means I'd take longer in college than I should because of it.

Reading some stuff on Soompi makes me sad, yet talking to some people one-on-one, they said things would be okay, to not worry about what I've done in the past, if I just keep it good from now on.

I have a lot of W's. A lot...Mainly because I was undecided for a long while. I took different things to see if I would be interested and end up not being. My friends tell me to not worry too much about it.

I'm scared I might not get into the program if I apply later on after trying to fix my transcript because of the horrible history. :D You think they can overlook that if I do like....Really good on my uhh....ah...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...I should talk to my counselor...But let me hear from everyone else first. ^__^

Ah, sorry, just partially ranting...

Edit:: :eek: Damn, this is my first long post in a long ass time..........

noungning

Heartless
lol... interesting. u said u were going to nap but u post all over the place!!

lol well ok here is what i think. as a person that is still undecided myself, i think that if you jump from place to place it's bad, but i think it doesn't look too bad when you're still in school i guess. :unsure:

well if you have the time and the money to do things over, i think it should be all good and dandy. :)

thinking of becoming a dental hygenist. well ok let me get it straight, i'm thinking u are in college right now right? you should be taking pure general studies classes anyways until maybe when you are 3rd year. unless u're in 4th year and changing then you'd have to take some extra classes.

alot of Ws... i think it wouldn't matter as much since you're jumping from art to dental... they have no relations. but if those Ws were from general studies then u may have a problem. because general studies are required everywhere. ...so i think u will be okay! Ws don't affect your GPA anyway, it's just you have to do really good with the rest of the classes because you just lost another potential GPA booster. :)

none3

sarNie Hatchling
hello...

I have a few W's myself when I switch from Nursing to Sociology. My counselor told me that too many W's are not good. If you want to enter a good school you need to explain and proove to them why there were so many W's and why you want to attend their school..

So, ...good luck!!!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
okay...dumb question...but.....what are W's?

And I think if you have the time and money, go for it. I'd rather spend more time on something I really want and am confident in versus being in a career in which I feel watever in. But ack, what do I know...I'm still iffy myself.

But you bring up a very good question. I wonder myself too how much one's records can affect something like that.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Withdrawals weak sauce bugsy.

If you ask me I think you can still do it. I think it should be ok for that.. not for a dentist though.

Either way why don't you give it a try?

Muddie Murda

smile...
Thanks for the reply guys. See! Some are saying W's are not something to worry about...and this usually said by students, while the 'older' folks say the W's are bad. WHO TO BELIEVE!?!??!!

Anyways, I hate school with a deep passion. I will NOT continue anymore once I get what I need to get my damn freaking job. T___T Unless they PAY ME to get more education when I get my job. Hahahahahha Though I'd seriously hate to go back.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
I have one Ws and One no credit hahah I hate the damn teachers!!! I know im pretty bad.. BUT if you want to fix your record take the classes over again possibly 2 of the 3 Ws over again and you can potition to line out your Ws and the W will be overwrite with your new grades and noone will ever see your Ws again =) . I know it will take more time but... finishing late is better than never.. Im a year behind in school cuz I was stupid and took stupid classes which I didnt need haha.. but it's okay muddie do that and Im sure you'll get in.. move to california my school has a GREAT dental assistant program .. =P The older I get the more stupid I become.. I swear I can't pay attention in my classes haha