Dating Someone Older

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
Girl you crack me up, the worst is I want them to break up but I don't know how to say it or put my thoughts into here because I'm only her sister, I don't know, am I butting into her business by telling her that I want her to break up with her boyfriend?
Sorry 7270! thought you were a girl, my bad! xP

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
7270 is actually a boy...i mean, a male. LOL

here's one thing you can do...

you could tell her that you respect her decisions, and that although it is strange to think that she is all "grown up" now, you worry for her (as the big sister). butter her up so that you could get information out of her. support leads to trust...you have to be there for your sister (even if it means she has to learn a harsh lesson). once she feels comfortable with your status on the matter, she is more than likely to open up to you. in this stage, you will be able to ask her all sorts of questions in which the answers may be more genuine than if you were to disapprove and interrogate her actions. despite how you feel, you don't want to completely close up to the possibility that they might end up together no matter what. what's really important is that she answers to her own circumstance. for example, instead of asserting your opinions, ask her (casually...like in a girl talk or something...here and there) to describe all the things she loves about him, and how she plans to make it work out in the future. even ask her to describe all the things he's done for her, and what things he has promised to do in the future. from these answers, you will be able to identify how mature this relationship really is. if she doesn't have concrete and/or specific details, then she is probably confused...unless by nature, she is already a creature of very little details to be said.

haha this is way too early for me. slept late. hope everything i said makes sense. :rolleyes:
LOL, thanks for your advice and correction. I think the hardest thing is getting her to open up to me about the relationship because of right now she's still hiding it from my parents and if they found out I knew, holy crap! I'm going to get blamed for not telling them about their relationship. Thanks again for the advice.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
if i hide this relationship from your parents so it means that she could be not sure about it. of course they should be furious, a 23 years old man with a 15 years old girl!

this age thing is kind of risky in the sense that if you're an underage girl and you're dating someone over 18, then if you guys have intercourse, he could be charged with having leud conduct with a minor, which would permanently mark him as a sex offender on a legal, national basis.

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
this age thing is kind of risky in the sense that if you're an underage girl and you're dating someone over 18, then if you guys have intercourse, he could be charged with having leud conduct with a minor, which would permanently mark him as a sex offender on a legal, national basis.
That is what I am afraid of, but she says that he's the only guy she clicks with. She tried to talk to other guys but it just didn't work. Therefore she just decided to go with him.

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
if i hide this relationship from your parents so it means that she could be not sure about it. of course they should be furious, a 23 years old man with a 15 years old girl!
I know, she's afraid that they'll look at it badly! Who wouldn't! Besides that he is my aunt's cousin and therefore it's worse when they all find out.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I would want an older person, but not crazy like Cathrine Zeta Jones and Micheal Douglas, they have a 25 yrs age gap, thats just wrong. I would probably want a guy thats either my age or a little bit older than me. But this is love if your were destined to someone you can't just say your the wrong age for me and i can't love you. If you were an underage gal thats a different story.

pangmoua

RujRasa Fan
i understand that age shouldn't matter but somehow it does for me. i want to keep it 5-7 years apart from me and him but he must be older than me not me older than him. sorry but i was raise with the idea of my mate has to be older than me but my age difference would have to be 5-7 years. that's just me, no one nail that to my head, just my preferences.

when it comes to saying "i love you" i always ask what is the meaning? i seriously don't know and wish to know before i make myself a fool. i mean people have different interpretation of love but i haven't found my own meaning to the word yet.