confused on this friendship

My dramas keeps going on and on and on.... So buddies help me on this... Long story short... I have a guy friend and we been friends for half a year now. I met him thru my little cousin who was supposed to date him. anywaise after my cuz left and things didnt go well between them; me and him got to know one another and became good friends. umm we go shopping together, eating out together, working out together, and pretty much to other peoples eyes we were a couple. Even the elders were mistaken us as married couple. anywaise i didnt realized much until yesterday nite when i was trying to hook him up with some of my friends. Giving them his number and he getting them number they asked me the same questions. "If you two are such good friends how come you two are not dating?" I paused and for some reason i couldnt answer that. the only thing that came into mind was maybe because i met him thru my little cousin. After they talk he would call me telling me he thinks they cute and cool and blah blah blah. That goes for my friends as well...
Umm... lately he been buying everything that i like. Whether it be body spray to clothes... i know what body sprays adn clothes he like but its been wierd. In the past my opinion never matter but lately it has. he likes to compare me to his other girls that he talks to, and even compares me to his mom. Ima one of the girls he actually calls to talk to. we talk about his gurls alot, even personal stuff as well. I dont seem to be attracted to hmong guys for some reason but after talking to all the girls ive been trying to hook him up with they been saying things that got me thinking about our relationship. wen i am down, mad or really depressed he's there for me. for some reasons when we both are mad at one another we always make up and be friends again. So am i thinking wrong or is there really something more that we both dont see? Are we just friends perhaps?

bugsy

sarNie Adult
You obviously think there's something more otherwise you wouldnt be worrying like this. You might even be a bit jealous. So just either ask him out and get it over with or set things straight with him...but if you choose this way, you gotta know that you wont be jealous when hes out with a new girl. No guy ever just think of you as a friend without thinking that something else can happen when you're that close, as you seem to tell it. Dude...just hit him on the head and ask what he wants.