Chu Lian Nkauj Ntshuag

candi

sarNie Juvenile
I have been looking for this movie since forever! If anyone have it, can you please give me some information on it so maybe I can research on it and see if I can find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Ka Bao

angelxtasy

sarNie Hatchling
Haha.. I have the video. I'm not sure wat kinda info. you need but heres some...

Translated by : Hmong world Productions
P.o. Box 6373
Fresno, California 93703
Phone; (209) 252-8334

They have addresses but i believe these are old and not sure if they still work. haha O_O

mokka

sarNie Adult
you might want to check the "big" tournament...b/c i know think they are reselling some of their old movies back in the 90s for 5 bucks... i bought a movie from there awhile again...

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i remember tis movie...sorrie can't help u...but good luck finding it nah...umm...last time they were reselling those old chinese movies...they even put them on DVDs now...but i'm not sure if tat wuz one of the movies they put on dvd...

candi

sarNie Juvenile
Haha.. I have the video. I'm not sure wat kinda info. you need but heres some...

Translated by : Hmong world Productions
P.o. Box 6373
Fresno, California 93703
Phone; (209) 252-8334

They have addresses but i believe these are old and not sure if they still work. haha O_O
Thanks so much. This is a VERY old movie so I'm sure the phone number and address changed. Can you do me a favor and watch the video, and see if there is any information you can give me on the original producer..the original name of the movie....anything. I would love to get the original copy.

I will try to find the new number for Hmong World Productions. Thanks again.

Fearless

sarNie Adult
can anyone give me a storyline.... this title sound familiar... thanks in advance...

I have this movie. It's a very good and sad movie. I love the songs and the music that keeps playing over and over again is so sad.

Storyline:

chu lien is an orphan and lives with her aunt. Her aunt has a son and daughter and they are all very mean to chu lien. She is forced to do the house chores and every thing. She has two guy friends and one of them likes her which is the p'ek. I guess we can say that he's her boyfriend. They always try to sneakily get back at the aunt for treating chu lien bad. The aunt has a boyfriend who is nice to chu lien and always tries to help her whenever she gets punished but she always declines his help. The aunt and her boyfriend finally gets married and some time pass and they had some kids and chu lien has to take care of them. As chu lien grew up, her aunt's husband started to fantasize about her because she reminded him of his ex-girlfriend. So one night he decides to rape chu lien and as she was struggling to get free she accidentally knocks over the oil lamp and the room started to catch on fire. The Aunt's Son came to help her so the husband and the son are fighting and he accidentally kills the son. Meanwhile, p'ek came and saw from outside the window what was happening. So he came to help her and they took everybody out of the house. Later the aunt's husband accused him of murder and burning down their house so now p'ek is on the run and chu lien is left to support the whole family because they had nothing left and became poor. The ending is very sad.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I have this movie. It's a very good and sad movie. I love the songs and the music that keeps playing over and over again is so sad.

Storyline:

chu lien is an orphan and lives with her aunt. Her aunt has a son and daughter and they are all very mean to chu lien. She is forced to do the house chores and every thing. She has two guy friends and one of them likes her which is the p'ek. I guess we can say that he's her boyfriend. They always try to sneakily get back at the aunt for treating chu lien bad. The aunt has a boyfriend who is nice to chu lien and always tries to help her whenever she gets punished but she always declines his help. The aunt and her boyfriend finally gets married and some time pass and they had some kids and chu lien has to take care of them. As chu lien grew up, her aunt's husband started to fantasize about her because she reminded him of his ex-girlfriend. So one night he decides to rape chu lien and as she was struggling to get free she accidentally knocks over the oil lamp and the room started to catch on fire. The Aunt's Son came to help her so the husband and the son are fighting and he accidentally kills the son. Meanwhile, p'ek came and saw from outside the window what was happening. So he came to help her and they took everybody out of the house. Later the aunt's husband accused him of murder and burning down their house so now p'ek is on the run and chu lien is left to support the whole family because they had nothing left and became poor. The ending is very sad.

oh my god! I remember this sooo vaguely, like a very very very old dream for child hood...I think my grandma used to have it...I knew I didn't mistaken the title for sounding like some other movie's title...
um, can you tell me the ending...

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Thanks so much. This is a VERY old movie so I'm sure the phone number and address changed. Can you do me a favor and watch the video, and see if there is any information you can give me on the original producer..the original name of the movie....anything. I would love to get the original copy.

I will try to find the new number for Hmong World Productions. Thanks again.
With all this talk about this movie, I went out and bought a copy of it on DVD (the hmong version). It seems like some old movies are being re-released again and copied on DVD (even though the picture is still VHS quality). This was one of the released titles along with Neeg Khuam Siab (Errant Love) and Thau Huaj - Hlub Ceev Tau Kev Seev (Tao Hua Lian).

The translating people changed their names. As of 2006, it's now listed on the back as released by:
Hmong Star Entertainment
2634 E. Sussex Way
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone: (559) 273-9071
Phone: (559) 225-5075

And if you wanted to know what the original title is, it's listed as 'Chu Lien' in the movie (but the pinyin spelling is: 'Qiu Lian'). Starring Feng Fei Fei and Liang Xiu Shen. This movie came out in 1979.

Tidbit... did you know the hero played Ambrose Hsu's "grandfather" in Dolphin Bay series? He also plays other fatherly/ older roles in taiwanese series these days-- I think it's kind of neat to know where they are today. :)

Hope that helps!

mly

sarNie Hatchling
thanks starryXing, no more searching...i have been searching the net for this movie for the past couple of days and can't seem to find it anywhere. (was trying to help candi out) of corse i search for the movie by looking at the actor O Chun Hung filmography, because he was the step dad; but it wasn't on his filmo list. i saw this movie back in 1989 or 90 in chinese. then when they dubbed it, my mum bought the movie. she still have it, but i keep forgetting to watch it. as a little girl, i didn't cry with chulien, but i know now if i were to watch it, i'll probably be crying like a baby. that's why i try not to watch it.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
starryXing: thank you sooooo much! you dont know how much this mean to me. ugh! it's on DVD? this is even better! thanks again. :yahoo:

mly14: thank you for your time and for your help. i greatly appreciated. :clap:

-ka bao

Mae

sarNie Adult
With all this talk about this movie, I went out and bought a copy of it on DVD (the hmong version). It seems like some old movies are being re-released again and copied on DVD (even though the picture is still VHS quality). This was one of the released titles along with Neeg Khuam Siab (Errant Love) and Thau Huaj - Hlub Ceev Tau Kev Seev (Tao Hua Lian).

The translating people changed their names. As of 2006, it's now listed on the back as released by:
Hmong Star Entertainment
2634 E. Sussex Way
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone: (559) 273-9071
Phone: (559) 225-5075

And if you wanted to know what the original title is, it's listed as 'Chu Lien' in the movie (but the pinyin spelling is: 'Qiu Lian'). Starring Feng Fei Fei and Liang Xiu Shen. This movie came out in 1979.

Tidbit... did you know the hero played Ambrose Hsu's "grandfather" in Dolphin Bay series? He also plays other fatherly/ older roles in taiwanese series these days-- I think it's kind of neat to know where they are today. :)

Hope that helps!
OMG....I can see the resemblance now!!! Totally!!! So, in Dolphin Bay, Ambrose's grandfather is actually the p'ek from the movie Chu Lien? Is my intuition correct if i am understanding you??? Whoa.... it's such a shocker becuase i never pinpoint it together before....wow... Yeah, it's always great to know where they are nowadays... I love the old classic Chinese movie My Cape of Many Dreams, it also came out with Errant Love and is the same actress.... I wonder where that actress is nowadays too... She was so beautiful and I still love My Cape of Many Dreams (Neej Npau Suav was the Hmong title)...

mly

sarNie Hatchling
Mae, the actress you're talking about is Lui Sau Ling/Lu Xiu Ling/LU Hsiu-Ling/Shirley Lui. She is also my favorite actress too. There's not much about her online, so disappointed!

"She was famous in the early 80's when she starred in the Taiwanese romance movie of Chong Yau such as Wild Goose on the Wing (with Brigittle Lin), Asking the Sunset, My Cape of Many Dreams, Wells Up In My Heart.
After the romance movie trend disappeared, she moved to HK but her career was not as bright as before. She starred in movies such as Devil Fetus (the main actress). She made a daring move by taking her clothes off in the 1987 movie Desire. It was a flop and made her career slide down even faster."
-The HK Actor Index

here's some of her movies that she did in the 90's:
1. The Story of Yunnan (1994) (i think is her last one???)
2. Yesteryou Yesterme Yerterday (1993)
3. Kick Boxer (1993)
4. The War Dogs (1991)

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Mae, the actress you're talking about is Lui Sau Ling/Lu Xiu Ling/LU Hsiu-Ling/Shirley Lui. She is also my favorite actress too. There's not much about her online, so disappointed!

"She was famous in the early 80's when she starred in the Taiwanese romance movie of Chong Yau such as Wild Goose on the Wing (with Brigittle Lin), Asking the Sunset, My Cape of Many Dreams, Wells Up In My Heart.
After the romance movie trend disappeared, she moved to HK but her career was not as bright as before. She starred in movies such as Devil Fetus (the main actress). She made a daring move by taking her clothes off in the 1987 movie Desire. It was a flop and made her career slide down even faster."
-The HK Actor Index

here's some of her movies that she did in the 90's:
1. The Story of Yunnan (1994) (i think is her last one???)
2. Yesteryou Yesterme Yerterday (1993)
3. Kick Boxer (1993)
4. The War Dogs (1991)

Is wild goose on the wing the one where she is blind and briggitte lin is her sister? I really liked that movie. I also liked another one that she was in where she fell in love this guy who was married three times before and her family was against them but too bad they didn't end up together at the end because he found out that his ex-girlfriend who he loved deeply went mental because of him so he had to go take care of her. Do you know the title to that movie?

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
So, in Dolphin Bay, Ambrose's grandfather is actually the p'ek from the movie Chu Lien?
I love the old classic Chinese movie My Cape of Many Dreams, it also came out with Errant Love and is the same actress....
Yep, that's Ambrose's grandfather is actually the p'ek from the movie Chu Lien.

I love watching the classic movies too, especially all the Qiong Yao oldies. But I didn't like My Cape of Many Dreams very much because I didn't like the pairing of Chin Ha and Lu Xiu Ling. And the original "her" in the movie was supposedly Chin Ha's sister. It's kind of gross that you fall in love with someone who looks exactly like your sister...

Besides, I like Chin Ha with Brigitte Lin better.

Is wild goose on the wing the one where she is blind and briggitte lin is her sister? I really liked that movie. I also liked another one that she was in where she fell in love this guy who was married three times before and her family was against them but too bad they didn't end up together at the end because he found out that his ex-girlfriend who he loved deeply went mental because of him so he had to go take care of her. Do you know the title to that movie?

The movie where Lu Xiu Ling was blind and Brigitte Lin played her sister is "Burn Phoenix Burn."
The movie where she was in love with the guy who was married three times is "Asking the Sunset."

Errant Love, Burn Phoenix Burn and Wells Up in my Heart are my favorite Lu Xiu Ling movies. I can't decide which of the three I love more. :)