Choosing TV Serie Dramas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeNgUIn*3o3

sarNie Egg
Thai... Korean... Chinese... Taiwanese... Hmong... Hindu... Japanese... American...
These are the main ones... anyhow... I had a DEEP DEBATE with sum ppls on this... It started out with me recommending THIS friend of mine to watch "It Started With A KISS"... I told her its a drama anyone can relate to... Even I feel this way with my friend... I gave her a short summary and she told me of a similar Korean drama. NOT EVEN SURE... I then told her I couldnt watch KOREAN DRAMAS... She got all mad at me... Okay I can say I COULD watch them, but probly take me 2+ months to even watch it compared to like THAI, CHINESE, HMONG, AND HINDU which I can watch in like less then a week if it was a completed series. I told her that Korean dramas isnt something I like to watch. Then she asked me what i liked to watch... Ranking from most to least... I told her I liked Thai, then Chinese, then Hmong, then Hindu... Jap and lastly Korean... SHE BITE MY HEAD OFF...
We debated over such dumb things for about a good 3 hours... I mean it was totally useless... Sometimes I wonder what makes one PERSON SO INTO ONE NATIONALITY then the others... I mean I do enjoy all that I mention but I probly watch Hmong more... haha... Well Ima hmong... But Seriously...
Then I talked to 4 others... they were all for KOREAN DRAMAS... Okay I say SOME are good to watch, but most all have same or similar storylines... Makes it boring for me. Thai have same too, but they always have something differ about it too... So in all this jibberish... I picked Thai over Korean dramas, and all these people I thought I knew well were BITING DOWN ON ME>>>

GOSH!!!

plenty of my close asian friends are into korean, taiwanese, and/or chinese, whereas i definitely prefer Thai over all of those...not just because i'm half Thai, but i just can't stand korean dramas where it all seems so light/comedy and childish...lol...i tried watching one, but i could only bare to watch about 1/3 of it...if that even. my caucasian friends are completely into Thai lakorns, too, however, which kind of makes sense since i introduced english subbed lakorns to them...lol...

so my rankings:

- Thai
- chinese - american (dramas? i don't know...i just watch their sitcoms/tv shows)

the rest don't even have a place on my list...lol...but i've never watched hmong or japanese dramas before...

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was having a debate myself and I decided to make a list of all the drama I have seen. Come to think of it, I for sure didn't have a life and I guess I still don't. lol From my list, Thai lakorns wins that include American/Western films and series. But I do enjoy all other drama. So here goes Thai, American, Kdrama/Cdrama/Tdrama are tied, Jdrama and then Hindi. All other falls beneath the list.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I grew up watching Thai lakorns. And I also watched Chinese series and Indian Movies that are dubbed in Thai.

So... my pick is Thai lakorns, cause I can relate with the culture and I know the language. I rarely watch Chinese series or Indian movies anymore, but I did watch a few Korean dramas that were subtitled awhile back.

Mae

sarNie Adult
My preference tends to change from time to time...some years I watch more Korean than Thai..and then other years I watch more Thai than Taiwanese... vice versa... It just depends on who's got better storylines and plots in a given year... But I definitely watch Thai, Korean, Taiwanese, and Hmong interchangably...

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
i like kdramas because they're fun to watch. i love romantic comedies. although sometimes the plot are similar, i just pick which i like better.

in jdramas, i watch according to the actors/actresses in the cast. depends on my mood.

in tdramas, i only watched iswak and meteor garden. i then realized that some of their dramas are remakes of some jdramas. so i preferred watching jdramas than tdramas.

filipino dramas are usually hardcore dramas. and i'm not a fan of that... but sometimes, i'm in the mood to watch.

i'm usually not fond of dark dramas like those in lakorns, but i learned to love it. and right now, i'm watching nothing but thai dramas.

so, according to my mood now, my ranking is this: thai, japanese, korean, filipino, and taiwanese. and if i really got nothing better to do, i watch dubbed mexican dramas.

fanny

sarNie Adult
I've been watching Thai, Hindu, and Chinese series for over the past 17 years, but its has been 3 or 4 years now that i havent been watching Chinese nor Hindu because Chinese series are too long and Hindu at my home town the movie store, they didnt really have a lot of Hindu that are dubbed in thai so i dont have any source to my Hindu movie. So now I only watch thai lakorn.

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
let's see... I started watching dramas when I was around 4 or 5... it's all because of my nanny... she won't let me watch cartoons so I was forced to watch dramas with her... :lol:

I started off with mexican and filipino dramas... tagalog dubbed mexican dramas which were shown during the afternoon and filipino dramas during the evening.... I'm not even taking my afternoon nap before just to watch dramas... as years went by, I got bored with them... especially filipino dramas... filipino dramas nowadays aren't that good anymore unlike before... -_-

korean dramas... I love romantic comedies and also kdramas about arranged marriage or marriage first before they fall in love... since they almost have the same plots, I only pick what I want to watch...

japanese dramas... I only watch what my friends recommend... lol

taiwanese dramas... I don't usually watch them... I find it too long... the last one I've seen was fated to love you but didn't finished it... lol

as of now, I'm only watching lakorns and nothing else... lol I'm enjoying every lakorn I watch especially the slap/kiss ones... :lol:

so here's my ranking: thai, korean, japanese, filipino, mexican, and taiwanese... ^_^

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
hanjieun30, we forgot to include american dramas!
i loved watching grey's anatomy, house, csi, smallville,... but again, right now, i'm only watching lakorns. haha...

so, here's my ranking again:

1 thai
2 japanese
3 korean
4 american
5 filipino
6 taiwanese
7 mexican / columbian

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I've watched one Korean drama and it was aired on the Asian channel here, the one Asian channel I get on cable. lol

It really didn't take that long, I saw it from begining to end.

In terms of dramas I prefer Americans, mostly because of the storyline and acting.

Thai comes in second though, third would be Chinese if you're talking about period stuff. The contemporary stuff I'm just not into.

I did get into a Spanish drama a long time ago. I have no idea how it ended or started but I flipped to one of the Spanish channels one night and came across one that looked interesting. I had no idea what they were saying but if you watch long enough you start to understand the story. lol

noungning

Heartless
i like reality tv :)

american reality tv lol. it's not too boring and planned. <<< planned (i know some are but hell it's funny shit) but some aren't... i like dateline, locked up, ghost hunters, etc. lmao :)

i like chinese investigation too.

thai... i'm over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.