Chat works now??

darvil

sarNie Adult
This thread is only for those of you who couldn't enter chat either from school or work AND NOW could enter it.

Let me know.. I'm curious if my work was worthwhile lol.

darvil

sarNie Adult
well I don't know...I'm using a proxy avoidance site. They keep blocking every site I go to. I'm using a PH proxy and Websense blocks sarnworld. The chat doesn't work because it says that the servers won't connect or what not...lemme try in cached. I don't think they have java here though. I'm trying to get in from work.
Ummmm proxy is a no go from what I know.

Although this chat isn't java. Its flash (with a java server).

Is flash disabled on your PCs? It seems like you could load the flash but it just won't connect. Am I right?

noungning

Heartless
hye at my old work place i had everything blocked too... websense is a pain in the tush. but now i'm at a new work place and it's not blocked. but the thing with the old work place with websense is that the reason it was blocked was because of the category of the site with is personal category so can't visit it.

ummmm but like i said darvil, the chat wouldn't work with IE7, it just won't load, many people with the new browser might start to have problems too.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
I'm assuming this is being worked on cause I can't access the chatroom either and this has nothing to do with work or school.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm assuming this is being worked on cause I can't access the chatroom either and this has nothing to do with work or school.
PA was having the same problem.

Can you try cleaning out your browser cache and try again?

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
PA was having the same problem.

Can you try cleaning out your browser cache and try again?
Darvil... cleared out cache (internet temporary files).

When I click chat... I get the chat screen with "connecting to server" label that remains on the screen forever.

It's like it freezes there. I try to put in my password and click login, but it's not going through.

I have tried this in IE and FIREFOX, neither have been updated or changed recently, so most likely something from you end, as I noticed Ning stating she updated her explorer which isn't my deal.

darvil

sarNie Adult
yea its the new setup I'm trying.. I finally manage to run the chat on port 80 which should have helped alot of people..

but in your case and PA it doesn't work.

So I guess I'll have to revert back to the previous configuration.

darvil

sarNie Adult
guess what.. I just found out that if I binded the chat port to 80.. people with flash 6 won't be able to enter.. so I think this might be the problem. Some of you at school/work probably still have the older version.

Can you guys go to www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/123flashchat.html
(The link should detect your flash)

I'm gonna fix this by putting a higher port #..

I should have done that.. one high and one low instead of just ONE low.

or you can just tell me if you have flash 6 or 7.0.19.0

edit: ok I added in a higher port # also.. can you guys get into chat now?

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
guess what.. I just found out that if I binded the chat port to 80.. people with flash 6 won't be able to enter.. so I think this might be the problem. Some of you at school/work probably still have the older version.

Can you guys go to www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/123flashchat.html
(The link should detect your flash)

I'm gonna fix this by putting a higher port #..

I should have done that.. one high and one low instead of just ONE low.

or you can just tell me if you have flash 6 or 7.0.19.0

edit: ok I added in a higher port # also.. can you guys get into chat now?
Neither links work for me still. I don't have flash player installed per se, but the plug in shockwave flash 9 is what I have installed I believe for IE.
You have version 9,0,16,0 installed according to:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

And I only updated the flash when I had too. And everything was honky dory until recently.

Yo Sarnies...Feel free to let Darvil know that I'm not the only one with this problem. :^P