Chasing Pavements

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
awesome, I didn't know that Pope and Great are good friends. we've always talked about how they have similar smiles right? perhaps part of it is that they spent a lot of time together. and it's funny how Mint appears to 'ship' GM. that's just too cute for words. I might skip through Likit Sanaeha and just watch GM parts. I love Great and Matt together so much.

Ah Pope. But it's still great that we at least got to see him. He totally wows me in TD, his acting is superb, especially the way his feelings for Mint come off so natural and sweet. <3

Merit

sarNie Adult
I am going to skip most of Likit Sanae Ha the lakorn just look so silly. But gosh, Matt and Grate really is so cute with thier BTS. I hope people started to write to the producers and request for Pope and Mint to be the lead. Thanks for reading guys :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am not a Matt shipper but I think she's decent.

But OMG I have the biggest crush on Pope and Mint. For some reason Mint reminds me of Ariel Lin in It Started With a Kiss lol I want a Thai lakorn version of ISWAK starring Pope and Mint lol or if not Pope, Mark, First or Art.

I am enjoying this FF. Mint is just so adorable in here.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Channel 3 doesn't seem to want to promote Mint with any specific pra aeks though. There are already some fans requesting for more of Pope+Mint, but then again, that happened with Mteam before too, but the channel was always unresponsive. I'm thinking it may be b/c she's still in high school. Although it seems they'd be promoting her more once she's finished with university examination esp since she was offered both Rak Kerd Nai Talad Sode and Neur Mek 2 at the same time.

It's totally weird b/c just when a lot of fans would rather want to see Pope+Mint together, now there's a high chance M&M is going to reunite soon. I lol at the irony.

Likit Sanaeha is Good Feeling's production, right? Can't blame you if you skip most of the scenes. I wanted to do the same when I was watching Pathapee Lei Ruk, but I tortured myself b/c I was watching it live. It was just a silly mess the majority of the time.

Anyway. Thanks for allowing me to spam here, Merit. :p

I just saw these pics from a few days ago and thought maybe I can post them here since I mentioned how Great and Pope playing soccer together before. Although this is a Ch.3 event and Pope was more like an observer that day who was there just to give moral support. Lol.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was disappointed that they did not do the soccer event last year. I hope they will have another one soon. hopefully there can be activities for the girls too.

Merit

sarNie Adult
Mintmix

Thanks for sharing the pics of Grate/Pope. I love seeing how their friendship lasted all these years. I think it's important being in the industry to have one or two really good friends that you can trust. Pope looks relaxed and happy.

I'm going to try and update this story later in the week. I have way too many stories to work with and it has made me a lazy writer. :)

Merit

sarNie Adult
Chapter nine

Pope sat across from Grate, slightly moving from side to side, tapping his finger on the chair he came to a pause. “Who are you inviting to the party?”

Grate thought about the question silently.

Pope leaned back in his chair finding his eyes moving upward staring at the blank ceiling. “I’m sure you won’t be dateless.” He took a deep breath. “I have a meeting today about noon I won’t be back to the office. I am heading home afterward.”

Grate started to lean in his chair, closing his eyes before opening them again only to stare at the same blank ceiling. “Who are you inviting?”

“Mint.” The answer came so quickly and smoothly it caused Pope to almost correct himself.

“I have an idea who I want to bring, but having her agree to it might be a problem. She isn’t quite fond of me just yet. I’m not sure having us in the same room together is even one, of the brightest idea but it might be fun.” Grate’s eyes smiled at the thought.

“I’m not sure myself if inviting Mint is a good idea. I know where she’s at it is going to be nothing but trouble for me. She has a talent that just doesn’t quit when it comes to causing chaos.”

Grate leaned forward. “Precious little Mint, how is she doing?”

“As good as a girl that likes getting into trouble would be.”

“It seemed like I haven’t seen her in ages. I kind of missed seeing the way she is with you. It was never a dull moment. Is she seeing anyone?” Grate almost laughed at the question, he knew what the answer would be yet he wanted to have a little fun at Pope’s expense.

Pope’s eyes twitched slightly with the question. Sitting up straight he stared at Grate. He had a feeling Grate was having fun on his behalf, but the question irked him and he showed it.

“She’s not dating anyone. Mint is still a little girl that doesn’t even know her own heart. No guy is going to advantage of her.”

Pope almost gave out a confused look. He is such a fool for going into detail of his answer. Was it that hard for him to give a yes or no answer? He saw a tiny smile appearing on Grate’s lips and wanted to swallow his reply.

Grate laughed finally. Reaching for a pen on his right side, he flipped open a document and read it twice before signing it. Laying it down, he turned to Pope. “I still remember last year when she bought you a book on how to find a girlfriend for your birthday. The look on your face stayed with me till this day.”

Pope crossed his legs and leaned back in his chair once more. That was one moment he didn’t care to remember. “I didn’t think it was that funny.” But a smile came about.

“Well, I thought it was one hell of a birthday present. She looked so innocent handing it to you that when you opened it, I could not hold it in.”

“And I have made it clear to her I don’t need her help in finding a girlfriend.” Pope laughed shaking his head he suddenly saw the image of her face, a bubbly girl, whom happiness more than often spread his way.

“What are you going to do when one day she is no longer in your life?” Grate knew that would never happen if Pope has a say in it.

Grate studied Pope and that question alone brought an instant of sadness to him, but he blinked it away as if it was a mere question that holds no value.

“I can’t be there to protect her all the time. One day she’ll grow up and want a family of her own.” Pope lowered his eyes. “It’s just a matter of time.”

“Agree. She is a pretty girl. I’m sure any guy would want to be with her?” Grate smiled. The annoyance in Pope reared its ugly head.

“Not just any guy, he’s going to have to get my approval first before he even gets anywhere near her.”

“Is that so?” Grate poked further. “I don’t see the need for her to get permission from you. If she falls in love with a guy, it’s her life. She is the one spending time with him not you.” Grate is enjoying Pope’s misery.

“I won’t let her be with just anybody, he has to have something in life.”

“What if she wants to marry...let just say an artist.”

“No.”

“A teacher?”

“No.”

“A doctor?”

“No.”

“So basically, Mint isn’t going to marry anyone on the face of this earth if you are alive.”

Pope got up and leaned forward. “Exactly,” He turned around and stalked off. Let Grate thinks whatever he wanted. He is in no mood to think about Mint marrying anyone.

Grate laughed wholeheartedly. “Only Pope would think it is normal acting the way he does.”

Staring at the closed door, Grate sighed. He has known Pope all his life and no one would make him drop everything beside Mint. He may say that she doesn’t matter a great deal, but Grate isn’t fooled. He has seen Pope in actions when it comes to Mint. He had lost a lucrative deal because she was sick, he had broken countless vases because of chasing after her trying to teach her a lesson that Grate isn’t even sure she had even learn. Pope in his own way has put Mint above everything else, only he does not see it but those around him that cared enough to look saw it in plain view.

Kane finally decided going home, staying at Grate’s place for a few days had helped him clear his mind. Salvaging his marriage still would be difficult. He is not sure how or where to even start. His wife now is not the same person he fell in love with, so what road is he going to take?

He heard a little laughter from the backyard and walked quietly to the window, looking out he saw his daughter and his wife playing ball. The
innocent laughter from Maya turned his heart upside down. Her hair bounced as she ran after the ball, her smile brighter than the sun and those eyes that holds no sign of knowledge of what her parents are going through.

He took his gaze off of his daughter and found his wife. She looked different than the last time he saw her. Her eyes looked a bit tired her hair pulled back, exposing that oval face of hers. Her lips softened and curved into a smile when she threw the ball to Maya. He turned around lost for word. Why can’t it be like this? He would give the world to her if she only has faith in him. Combing his hand through his hair, he stood looking at a family portrait that he has never seen before hanging on the wall, in the living room. He walked over and touched it lightly, smiling to himself of a happy family that he wanted more than anything in his life.

Kane stood there lost in the moment, not realizing Pim watched from outside, holding Maya’s hand, and felt the warmth of her tears against her cheeks.

jjinxx

eek, I love Pope and Grate's conversation. It's too bad that Pope doesn't seem to even know how significant his words are! She's so much more to him than he expresses. I don't know how they met and became so close but I love them!

Merit

sarNie Adult
Chapter Ten

The sun beaming brightly, the wind lingered long enough to have a minor role. It was a beautiful day. Matt made it a point to get up early and go running which normally she would have stayed in door and run on the treadmill.

Warming herself up, she twisted to the left and to the right, bending forward stretching. When she came back up, she saw someone walking towards her, lifting her hand to block the sunlight she almost laugh at her luck. She stood up straight and waited for Grate to get to her. She thought the park was going to be a good idea to take in what nature has to offer, but now it’s unlikely.

Grate smiled knowing she probably wanted to reach out to a nearest rock and throw at him or run and hide behind the nearest tree. She once again wore a body hugging outfit that does nothing to help his attraction to her. She seemed to be in her own world when it comes to him and he has no idea when he started to really notice the little things in her, like when she smiled sincerely a little dimple is visible. Her eyes had always and will always be the most powerful weapon for her when it comes to him.

“Nice day isn’t it?” Grate inhaled the sweet scent of air.

“I guess.”

Attempting to create small conversations with her isn’t going to be in the best interest. He sensed it and she’s aware of it.

“What is it that you want?”

Grate reached out and grabbed her arm when he noticed the movement in her feet as if she’s ready to bail in any minute. Matt stopped and looked at his hand on her arm. She felt a little warm just by that simple touch. Then her heart fluttering like a teenager, shaking her head this is not supposed to happen. She brushed his hand away and backed herself a few steps from him.

“There’s a party that I would like for you to attend with me. However, if you want to show up at a different time that is fine, I think it’ll be fun and a fresh start for us.”

“I thought you don’t like me, why do you want to go with me for? There are plenty girls out there that would want to go, why not ask them?

“Maybe I changed my mind about you since the first time we’ve met and maybe I have been dating those girls that you so kindly suggested and I don’t find them that interesting and maybe I am getting tired of dating around.”

Matt looked up unexpectedly. “Well, I still don’t like you.” She said it so softly that it didn’t quite sounded like she meant it. Her cheek became warm, looking at Grate once more she took off running before she made herself into an idiot when the afternoon hasn’t even roll around yet.

Damn the girl, she is going to make him run after her in a suit. Had it ever been easy with her in the first place? Advancing on her, he stopped in front of Matt. She paused taking in several breaths before looking at him. A question in her eyes was all she gave out. Brushing her bang to the side unaware of how that little move of hers seemed so sexy to him in the morning. He struggle a cough to clear his head.

“I have not told you the small details of the party yet, before you so eagerly took off.” He somehow, found that annoying.

“Oh,” Was all she said.

Grate started to go over the details with her all the while he noticed how appealing her lips came across. He averted his stare and let it stay with a couple sitting on the ground conversing. He came back to her folding his arms when she said nothing else.

“Is there anything more?” She said it in such a clip tone it grated on his nerve.

Dropping his arms, he stepped forward. “Can you at least meet me half way? I am trying here.”

Matt blinked at him and found that soft voice of his suddenly endearing. There was almost a plea in his tone that she could not dismiss because she has never heard it from him before.

Grate somehow found himself like a little boy asking for a favor from someone that didn’t quite care if he received it or not. He has no idea why, he wanted to be near her or to be with her in the first place. She is the total opposite of all the girls he had been with. He tends to be with the quiet, well manner and someone who is sensitive to other people’s feeling. While she is loud, says what she wants and is not afraid to let people know exactly if she does not like something. A small sigh of surrender came out and when he looked deeply in those eyes that never fail to tell a different story, he was lost. The matter of the heart is one of life greatest mystery. Making up his mind for the last time that he was going to pursue her, he extended a hand to her.

“I want us to start over.”

Matt studied his hand. Was it friendship or was it more? She looked at him and those eyes were dancing to a beat of its own it was almost sensual. “I have a date, got to get going.” Quickly she ran and left Grate standing there.

Grate looked at his hand, being rejected by her has been a normal thing so far, yet he could not hide his disappointment. He was not much a chaser, never had to work for a date or for a girl that he is interested. Matt is the first and will be the last. He found it to be exhausting. He has tried looking at her in a negative way, starting with what happened between her and his brother. But somehow, she managed to make her way into his heart. He had tried talking himself out of it, given plenty of reasons to not look her way, but so far it hasn’t work out. Turning around he watched Matt ran off until she was out of sight.

Pope drove up to the house slowly when he saw Nan watering the grass, but there was a distant look in her eyes. The water was flowing while she stood still looking out to space. He parked the car on the side next to Mint’s house and got out, walking with a question yet worried look he leaned it. “Are you ok?”

Nan blinked away her concentration and turned to find Pope staring at her. “Yes, I guess.” She looked down and there was a puddle of water. Putting the hose down, she wiped her hands on her shirt. “Not really.” She admitted.

“What’s wrong? Is there something wrong with Mint?” The eagerness in his tone alarm Nan as well. He realized that and tried to stir up a smile halfway.

“It has something to do with her.” Nan thinned lips became thinner. Her hair barely reaching her shoulders she grabbed it and tied it securely out of her face.

“Tell me.” He swallowed not liking the sound of it even if Nan has not revealed much. If it has anything to do with Mint, his heart just skipped.

She extracted a piece of paper from her shirt pocket and handed to Pope. He looked at it with great confusion, the number or whoever number it belongs to he does not recognize it. “What does this number have anything to do with Mint?”

Nan’s eye fell, she answered softly. “It belongs to her dad. He has changed his number and thought to inform Mint of it.” She sounded disgusted.

Pope immediately turned red with anger. The bastard does not learn he should have finished him years ago, if not for Mint begging him not to kill her father, he would have been happy to see him to never walk this earth again. Crumbling the piece of paper, he shoved it in his pocket.

“Mint does not need to know this ever happen. I don’t want her to have any contact with him. EVER! Understand?” The sharpness in his tone was clear enough that he meant business.

Nan touched Pope’s arm gently. Almost in a whisper she added. “Pope he is dying.”

It didn’t get any reaction from him. He kept his tall frame just as that. His face unchanged by the news. “Good, not a moment too soon.”

“If anything, Mint has a forgiving heart. Seeing her father on death’s door will change everything. She’ll likely to forgive him for what he did. Even though, she said she does not want to have anything to do with him but I also know she still thinks of him as her father a fact that for the life of her she can’t refuse bad or good.”

“I don’t know how you two can do it, but I can’t. Even the mention of him gets me boil inside. The image of Mint in my arms with her eyes swollen, lips bleeding, bruising everywhere barely hanging on. It broke my heart that day. It took all I have not to kill him.” His eyes fell to the ground before continuing. “For as long as I live, she will never have to endure such thing from him or anybody else, I will not have her go to him dying or not. He does not deserve to see her for any reason.”

Nan stood next to Pope and saw the truth in his eyes, that above all things Mint is his to take care of. “I have had my fair share of his abuse that is why I chose to leave. That day when Mint went to visit him, I didn’t quite know he was going to turn into a monster. He said that he had changed but it was the worst that he changed into.” She blinked hard to fight the tears. “Mint was so excited that day to see him, thinking her father wants to work things out and be a father for once. She sees the good in people especially in a father she didn’t have in the first place.”

Pope stared at a red rose that is so lively compared to his mood. He lifted his eyes to her but didn’t see a grudge or hatred for her ex-husband.

“I have learned to let go, hating a dying man will do me no good. I will be the one that live with the ugliness of my hatred and that’ll eat me up alive. I don’t want to spend my life that way nor does Mint.”

Pope silent increased and he turned to the side almost expecting Mint to show up at any time. His heart weighed heavily on the matter. One is Mint, whom he has vowed from the day her father almost killed her that he’ll protect till his last breath. Two, was a well- known fact that Mint, would no matter what the circumstances will want to be there to see her father in his dying days.

He turned to Nan to say something when he heard footsteps almost in a skipping pattern. He wiped away any trace of worry and smiled widely at Mint. “Where have you been?” He walked over to her just as she was near him.

“Running some errands for mom,” She leaned out a bit and looked at her mom, whom tried her best to look like she is enjoying the day.

“Mint?”

“Yes,” She looked up at Pope with such puppy eyes and as always never hides anything from him.

He took a couple of steps and reached for her, pulling her in a tight hug, he touched her head stroking her hair so softly and gently, Mint could not do much but relaxed in his arms.

“Do you trust me?”

“You know I do, always have and always will.”

“Good,” He smiled to himself. Yet something in his heart is telling him to think otherwise.

“Why are you asking me this?” She tried to lift her head up, but Pope kept her to him.

“I just want to make sure, that I still have your trust. Remember Mint whatever I do, is in your best interest and that will never change no matter what. Are we clear on that?”

Mint nodded. She trusts him with her life and no one will ever come close to that than him. She loved him so many years ago, maybe it started out as a little girl’s dreaming of her Prince but it grew so much more as the years progressed. Her heart is beating fast, why is he asking her the question out of the blue? But being in his arms is like being in heaven. She could feel his heartbeat against hers, his strong yet tender arms wrapped so warmly around her. Strange as it may be with him questioning her, she was going to let it go and enjoy this rare moment.

He pulled her away from him, holding onto her arms he almost laughed seeing the disappointment on her face. “Come on, help me get some boxes out from my car and I’ll take you wherever you want to go.”

“Promise.” She beamed at him with anticipation.

“Promise.”

“Oh, you are the best. You are going to regret promising me such thing. I am going to take advantage of you. I swear I am.” She turned around. “Come on, hurry up we don’t have all day.”

“The car is not lock.”

“Ok.” Mint ran off to his car.

Pope turned to Nan but could not fake a smile this time around. He was going to have to make a hard decision. He turned around and walked over to Mint where she tried to manage three boxes by herself but failed.

Nan held onto her tears as long as she could. When Pope walked off she let it flow down her cheeks freely. Mint does not realize how much she needed Pope or how much both of them needed him. He has been nothing but supportive, helpful and bend over backward to do anything possible to make it easier for Mint. But if this one decision that Pope is going to make turned out wrong? What will be of them?

The night was chilly, Pope tossed and turned and getting a restful night might not be possible. He finally gave up lying in bed with his eyes opened might not be a bad thing. He rested one arm over his forehead staring at the ceiling almost counting numbers that wasn’t there. A deep sigh brought him to the situation that kept him up so far. Trying to magically blink it away, it kept coming back. He turned and found a picture of Mint next to his nightstand and immediately the tension eased a bit.

He remembered vividly the day they first met. He came home from work, driving normally pulling into his driveway when out of the blue a little girl on her bicycle came out of nowhere. He didn’t have time to stop and ran her off the sidewalk and into the street. He panicked praying nothing bad happened to her. When he went to her side, he looked down and saw a few scrapes and bruises.

“Are you Ok?” He asked. No denying he was worried half to death.

“Bleeding here and bleeding there, no big deal.” She said without looking at him initially.

“You are kidding me, right?” The question wasn’t meant to be sarcastic but the way she describe the bleeding as if she’s talking about some silly thing on her skin came out as one.

“Oh, I am not.” She happily lifted her elbows to him and her knees and everywhere else there were a trace of blood.

Then just like it happened yesterday, he remembered the smile she had for him it was purely from the heart. Her pain seemed to stop. She looked directly in his eyes and in her little girl’s voice. “You are the most handsome man I have ever seen.” Her smiled matched the sun. “I may be small now, but when I grow up I am going to marry you.”

It rendered him speechless. He hid his smile that threatened to become a loud laugh. “Oh, I must hit you harder than first imagine.”

“No, you did not.” Some of her hair got away from her ponytail, tucking a few strands behind her ear she looked back to him.

“How old are you anyway, not old enough I take it.” He took her elbow and closely examined it.

“I am nine, but a wise nine. Mom says I’m the wisest of them all. If you don’t believe me you can go and ask her.” Her face showed a slight of pain when he blew on her wound in case there’s debris stuck to it. She seemed lost in the moment when she stared at his face. And just like that her eyes became so bright with a hope so big he smiled.

“My young heart is so sure, that I will definitely marry you when I get older. So prepare yourself, take it as a warning.” As soon as she said that she went back to looking at her wounds.

And he had never laughed so hard in his life.

Their journey began from that moment. She has been his shadow ever since. Excluding work, Mint has been with him most of the time. He has watched the changes in her, stood by her through her toughest times. But in exchanged Mint has given him more than he has given her, that a true friendship and pure love does not have a price tag and with that he would not do anything to damage her heart.

The memories of Mint had always been a blanket to him on these, kind of nights. He never thought it would keep him warm better than anything else. He got up and walked over to his window, sliding the curtains to the sides he looked over to Mint’s house and saw her sitting peacefully with her hair up engrossed in her writing. He watched her from afar smiling to himself. How long can he keep up with this? The not knowing what will happen between them, to a certain degree is strangling him. He looked up to the sky, and said a silent prayer. Whatever happens, just don’t take Mint away from me, he heard himself said. When he opened his eyes again, the light to Mint’s room was turned off and she went to bed. And with that, he almost chocked on the truth of their relationship

jjinxx

Thanks Merit! I'd definitely be wary of Grate if I was Matt too. he was pretty much a jerk to her from the beginning. And what can I say, Pope is Mint's hero, there's no need to ask why she cares so much about what he thinks all the time.

lol, if only Pope was in Alex's place!

Merit

sarNie Adult
I just wanted to state that this photo would have been perfect if Pope replaced Alex. Lol. :p

Thanks for the pics Bliss, yeah it would have been perfect if Pope was in there. Alex is cute but I prefer her with Pope better. I am having a quilty pleasure at the moment, been watching one of Pope's interview over and over. when he smiles, sigh, he's just too cute for his own good.

Merit

sarNie Adult
Chapter Eleven

"Anything I can help you with?" Yasha with his hair growing passed his neck and styled in a messy way said cheerfully from the counter. "Feel free to let me know what you need." Adding with a smile too wide for his, own good all the while checking Kane out.

"I will." Kane said under his breath.

"Hey, Yasha does this dress make me look a bit skanky or what?" Matt lowered her eyes to the short and revealing dress.

"Anymore you will be parading yourself naked."

"I say, it would make heads turn for sure." She added. "But I don't want or need the unwanted attention so&hellip;" She paused when she saw Kane looking at her. She grabbed a shirt nearby and tried covering herself. "Kane," She mouthed his name.

Yasha rushed to them. "You two know each other? Matt care to introduce me to this handsome man."

"He's married, leave him alone." She turned around and hurried to the dressing room.

"Too bad why does, all the good looking ones tend to be off the market so fast, any kids?"

"One lovely girl," Kane smiled uncomfortable.

"Oh, well." Yasha returned back to his task.

Matt walked out, staring at Kane from behind. This is the first time that she had seen him since the incident at the parking lot. He looked wiser, more defined in his face and mostly in his eyes. It wasn't quite the Kane she knew but he wasn't quite a complete stranger.

"Matt, I'm glad I ran into you. Can we talk? I have been waiting for this moment."

No sense in hiding or running anymore. "Sit down."

Kane took the seat next to her, bending slightly he brushed his hair with his hands. Lifting his face to her he offered a smile that came across as an apology. She had ample time to think it through accepting his apology would only make it easier for her to go on and closed this chapter of her life.

"I am so sorry for what I put you through, things just got out of control for my own selfish reason." He cut her off when she opened her mouth to respond. "I wasn't thinking clearly and had done things just to satisfy my wants. Never thought about the people I hurt along the line."

"Sometimes, we are clouded by our own judgment. It happens all the time. I always thought of you as a nice man. Maybe that image is broken a little but deep down I don't think you are awful."

"Is my apology accepted?"

" We both seemed to move on. Just let this one get bury away to where we can't get to it."

"Grate is lucky."

"Grate?" She looked at him not sure what Grate has to do with it.

"Has he been nice to you?"

"We are the same." She lied with a little colored on her cheeks.

Kane caught that and smiled knowingly. "He's not half as bad. To his credit when he loves someone he does it completely unselfishly."

"I wouldn't know."

Kane relaxed, this part is over. But he was sure that she was going to still be a part of his life one way or the other. Grate would guarantee that part.

"If Grate wants something he does not give up." He gave out the hint yet Kane doesn't think Matt grasp to it. "Give him a chance. Everyone deserves one right, just like you use to say."

"Well, I was a girl but a fool more so than that."

"Matt, if anything I love about you is that you tend to give people a chance when they don't often deserve one. I have seen you done it. Don't make what I have done to you changed that outlook on others."

"I'm not." She offered a smile. "It's just a bit more complicated with your brother."

"It is I'm not going to challenge that." Kane stood up. "I have to get on with my shopping before I forget what I came here for."

Matt eyed Yasha and nodded at him. "I better get going myself it was nice seeing you again Kane. I truly mean it. Everyone does deserve a chance or two. And I hope things do turn out all right with your relationship." Her eyes brightened with that statement. For all the wrongs that Kane had done, she felt he didn't do it to destroy her. He was just lost. And that was one reason she would forgive him for.

She waved to Yasha and saw herself out the door with Kane watching her. He was right all along. Matt would be a perfect match for Grate. She was all that he is not.

Mint whistled happily, swinging her hair playfully as she came to a hopping screeched when she reached Pope's front door. She knocked lightly at first but got no respond. Her eyes wide, smiling in the air, she bent down and raised a pot next to her feet.

"Can't hide from me for long," She took a key out and opened the door.

She walked in looking around, but there's no sign of him. She looked upstairs to his bedroom and rushed up taking as many steps as her feet allowed at a time.

"Pope," She called out in a low voice. "Pope, are you here?"

She turned her head to the window looking out when she heard the bathroom door opened then her eyes were wide like a saucer. Pope walked out the bathroom with nothing on but just his underwear the shocked on his face when he saw Mint standing there looking at him. She pointed a finger but remained frozen like a statue.

"Damn it, Mint." Was all that came out, he grabbed a towel nearby and wrapped it around his waist, then found another one and threw it over her head.

"How the hell did you get in here?" He ransacked his closet and threw a shirt on quickly yanking his pants off the hanger he rushed and dressed himself almost tripping on the towel on the floor.

Mint couldn't find her voice. She has never seen Pope almost naked before. But it was one moment she doesn't want to forget, because he looked so perfect, so handsome. She blushed with the towel still on her head.

Pope stood waiting for her to come to her senses. But his patience was running thin, when he snatched the towel off her head. She smiled up at him with quilt written all over her face. Swallowing hard, she shyly walked up to him.

"How did you get in here?"

"With your key," She lifted it up. "It's quite useful." She added.

"Give it back to me," He reached for it.

Mint shook her head and hid it behind her back. "How am I supposed to get in when I need to?"

"Just like you need to today?"

She laughed then, but sobered up when she saw Pope wasn't laughing along.

Pope tried to erase the way she looked at him earlier but he just couldn't. Why can't she for once try to hide her feelings for him? It was so easy to read her. He picked up the towels and started to fold it then place them neatly on the table.

"What is it that you want to see me for that can't wait till I'm done with my shower?"

Mint blushed some more, thinking of that very scene where he is in the shower. This is not turning out so well. As if he understood her thought, he waved it off. "Forget what I just said."

It was too late the thought was implanted deeply in her. She bit her lip and turned away forcing her dirty thoughts aside, she sat on his bed.

Pope watched her sitting there, with her ugly looking purple blouse, a few buttons undone, her hands on each side supporting her as she thrusts her chest forward. She is very comfortable around him and unaware of herself as a girl that is growing before his eyes.

He felt the room closing in and the air left him, he coughed then walked up to her. Grabbing her arm, he pulled her up. "Come, whatever you want to talk to me about we'll do it downstairs."

Mint followed him hastily. Why was he in such a hurry? When they reached the living room he let's go of her arm. "Don't just waltz into a man's bedroom like that."

"But it's your bedroom I don't see anything wrong with it."

"Mint, if someone walked in on us what do you think will happen? They will not think of it innocently."

She shrugged, who cares what others think. She has the nerve to smile at him in all honesty. "Pope, I'm sure they will have a laugh. It was funny, if I wasn't&hellip;" She stopped. If I wasn't so attracted to you, she was going to add but held her tongue.

"Never mind," He wanted to strangle her for acting like it was a routine of hers to just zoom in and out of his bedroom. One of these days, he'll have to set her straight but at the moment he doesn't think she'll even want to listen.

"The reason why I am here before I got distracted by you," She smiled. "I wanted to know if you are doing something for your birthday, it is next week."

"No."

"Please, I love birthdays, it's so much fun."

"I am too old for a birthday party." He sat down on the sofa and reached for a book.

"You are not old, you are so young looking and so cute. I mean any girl would want to be with you. I know I would."

He coughed some more, putting the book down, he looked up at her. There it was her feelings are just too visible for him.

She rushed to his side and sat next to him. "I will behave I mean be on my best behavior. So good, that you probably don't even know I exist. I will even go to the trouble of grooming myself, which you know I only do it if I have too. It is one of those days that we celebrate together this year shouldn't be any different." She leaned in, her face lowered from his but a few inches away.

He made a mistake by looking into those eyes of hers that know how to work a magic of its own with him. Her lips pouted, she looked pitiful yet so pretty in her goofy way. Then he knows he was in trouble. He would have given her the moon had she asked for it.

"Fine nothing big, just a few friends that is all."

"Yes got it," She stood up, feeling again that he would see it her way and give her exactly what she wanted if she is persistent enough. "I know you would agree. How can you say no to such a lovely girl?" She teased him.

Pope shook his head and almost laughed out loud.

She walked to the door then turn around. "Pope, you should wear less clothing, you should not hide what is so pleasant to the eyes."

He grabbed a book and threw it at her but missed, she was already out the door.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Hope no one minds this pic spam na ka.

From the channel3 soccer game.

Asy

sarNie Immature
Merit, do you have any idea when you'll finish this ff? I haven't even start reading it yet but I plan to read it whenever you completed it. :)

Merit

sarNie Adult
Merit, do you have any idea when you'll finish this ff? I haven't even start reading it yet but I plan to read it whenever you completed it. :)

I am not sure. Honestly, I don't think many are reading this story. I actually have the ending done and a few chapters from where I left off but the middle is kind of muddy for me.

Asy

sarNie Immature
Who knows, there might be some silent readers. :) I wanna read this na. I'm a GM shipper and no one writes about them other than you. So, please, finish it. It would be a waste if you don't. :)