[Ch7] Peek Mong Kut (Masquerade)

sarNie Adult
Both characters are nangeks. One good, one bad. The shining character is definitely pancake's. Even the praek doesn't really shine here right now.

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
well in my opinion, I think the lakorn is pretty good and yes I agree with Fun about nangek is when story revolves around her and is main character lol [ or maybe its bc Im a pancake fan lol] Honestly I think Grace is just there to be with praek in the end bc Pan doesnt end up with New anyways lol

but I love tri's chracter in here and I know she'll get more rai later on to get wherever she needs to be. but why cant she end up with nadech in the end hahahah, i cheer them instead 

praek isnt good himself either bc later on he's gonna use nangek while nangek sincerely loved him. I find Grace charcater already annoying lol. She's just miss goody-goody if you know what I mean. her kindness sometimes becaomes naive that i just roll my eyes with her teaching morals and there will be more of that later on. LOl I munsai her and no wonder tri will too

fun

Expired Sarnie
Yes where are you guys watching this? 

Nang ek doesn't have to end up with pra ek to be a nang ek. A good example will be Neung Ruthai, Ann did not get with Oil, Oil got with Yada, but Ann was basically the main lead actress. The whole story focused on her and her character growth. Another example is Ruk Sudrit, I felt that nang ek was Wawwa instead of Punch since 75% focused on Wawwa and her relationship. Heck Jame Ji didn't even feel like a pra ek. I can safely say, this is all about Pancake, making her the main lead actress. Everyone else is  a decoration lol 

sarNie Adult
well, i think she can't end up with nadech b/c he's a cheater lol. not a great guy really. i'm watching this over at dootv. paid annual membership though.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think Pancake hiatus has really help improve her acting? She used her time wisely.

Surprisingly episode 1 was interesting. But then again most Ch7 lakorn first 4 episode are usually good. I hope it doesn't falter. 

I like Tri a lot. I do pity both Tri and Orn for having terrible mothers. As for Non, his stares gives me the chill. 

TubbyTinker

Lol nadech is a cheater and Tri is just using him for her benefit (not sure if she really loves him tho) but i dont think nadech loves his fiancee tho

Loool @fun comment on Non. They need to tone down the eyeliner on him, same goes for Mac.

fun

Expired Sarnie
It says HD but it doesn't look like it to me. Maybe I am too use to Korean and American shows being super HD?

TubbyTinker

Yea lol i think the thai meant HQ instead cuz u know they went digital and the pictures i saw capped off from pantip are pretty clear and i wanted thise files so it will be easier to make mvs

Thanks.

sarNie Adult
whoa wtf? loot, the big brother, was nice to tri when they were little. why does she like the praeg who was a prick to her?

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I would say that Grace is the n'ek and Pancake is the n'rai (albeit the lead, if that makes any sense) since a lot of the storyline will revolve around her. Like in Saeng Soon, I consider Fang the n'ek and Bee the lead, or in Kaew Lom Phet, Nam is the n'ek but Kaew is the lead (although for this one, I think they should have focused more on Nam than Kaew since there was no reason for Kaew to dominate the show). When you have lakorns like this where there are 2 n'eks but 1 p'ek, one's usually the n'ek (the good one) and the other's the lead (some good mixed with a lot of bad, but she's basically the driving force behind the storyline). And then when you have storylines like Tong Prakai Saed where there's no n'ek (and most times no p'ek), there's just a lead (Pinky). At least that's how I classify it in my head.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Lakorns terminology has evolved and changed over the years. The more appropriate word should be lead actors and actresses. You can both have a good guy/girl and bad guy/girl that can be the main lead of the entire run of a series/lakorns/drama/etc. 

Because it is in our nature to label things with names and titles, I would still consider Pancake the nang ek.

Anyways I need to catch up soon or I think I might have to wait this one out and watch it at one go.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
It's true lakorn terminology has evolved over the years, but I believe some terms remain intrinisically the same. Technically, all "n'ek" really means is the female lead, which would definitely refer to Pancake, but to do so would be transferring Western ideology onto Thai culture. Since this is clearly a Thai lakorn based on Thai values, "n'ek" often refers to the lead good girl who normally ends up with the p'ek at the end - one who is supposed to set a good example for society. In that instance, Grace would be the n'ek and Pancake would be the n'rai. Some people might not think it makes that big of a deal, but if it didn't, why aren't Thai lakorns just called Thai dramas like the rest of the world? (Though, just so you know, on a personal level, I consider Pancake the n'ek, too. It's only in reference to who's the n'ek and who's the n'rai would I make the distinction that Grace is the n'ek and Pancake is the n'rai.) Lakorn terminology needs to evolve just a little more and come up with a term to describe a n'rai who takes center stage in a lakorn, like Pancake is doing.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am sorry that I am going off topic but I am waiting for this to end to continue. I feel like this has to be marathon in one go. 

Anyways I find it funny, those that are familiar with lakorns, refers lakorns to lakorns. Those that have just recently got into it, sometimes refer to it as Thai drama or thdrama. At d-addict forum when Oum Ruk and Kaew Tah Pee hit the scene, it sort of gotten international attention. My aunt refers lakorns to Thai drama. 

My aunt, sister and a few Hmong friends: Thai dramas
A few of my Khmer and Laotian friends: Thai lakorns
My mom: Thai movies (bc back then we had to rent vdos)
Me: Actually I use lakorns, Thai lakorns, and Thai dramas interchangeably depending on who I am speaking with.

And I have two vietnamese friends who watches lakorns and they use the term Thai series. My other aunts use the term Thai series too. 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
fun said:
I am sorry that I am going off topic but I am waiting for this to end to continue. I feel like this has to be marathon in one go. 

Anyways I find it funny, those that are familiar with lakorns, refers lakorns to lakorns. Those that have just recently got into it, sometimes refer to it as Thai drama or thdrama. At d-addict forum when Oum Ruk and Kaew Tah Pee hit the scene, it sort of gotten international attention. My aunt refers lakorns to Thai drama. 

My aunt, sister and a few Hmong friends: Thai dramas
A few of my Khmer and Laotian friends: Thai lakorns
My mom: Thai movies (bc back then we had to rent vdos)
Me: Actually I use lakorns, Thai lakorns, and Thai dramas interchangeably depending on who I am speaking with.

And I have two vietnamese friends who watches lakorns and they use the term Thai series. My other aunts use the term Thai series too. 
LOL. Before I learned how to speak Thai, I used to refer to them as Thai movies too because we used to rent the dubbed versions all the time at the Asian video cassette stores.