[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

cecilia

Staff member

Ang: You once told me that if we are to have a son, you're going to hang a carp by the house, right?  I will hang a big carp in front of the house ... so that when you look down from the sky .. you will see us clearly like the story, The Weaving Princess and the Cowherd."  You, the cowherd, wait for me over there on the star by the milky way .. Soon, I'll come by to stay beside you.  On Tanabata festival day, July 7, the two of us will come and meet. 

Kobori: Why do you remember so many detail things? ..

Ang: B/c I love you ...

*Ang noticed that he's losing his attention

Ang: You're tired/sleepy? ..

*She gave him a kiss to resuscitate him.

Kobori: Please continue talking .. don't stop. I like to listen to you.

*She kissed him again *tears*

Ang: I want our child to look like you ... maybe he will b/c story said that if the mother love someone so much, the child will turn out to look like him.

*Kobori pulled her hand for a kiss

Kobori: But don't let him be stubborn like his mother

Ang: I will pray .. that if our child grow up .. and happen to fall in love to please let the two of them be together for a very long time unlike his parent.

Kobori: I'm not going anywhere .. i will always follow you in all places and corners.

Ang: When I'm going to die, will you be beside me?

Kobori: Of course ... I will come to pick you up and put you beside the Princess Tohu.

Ang: You won't have long to wait for me ...

Kobori: Did all the lights go out? The sky is dark, very dark.

*Crying with Ang - SO HEART BREAKING T_T

Ang: Yes, they're all out.  There's just the moon and the star left. 

Kobori: No wonder ... I only see the sunlight

*Ang kissed him

Ang: Please rest ...

*She kissed him again -- so heart wrenching!

*Commercial break

cecilia

Staff member

Ang: Do you still remember Mr. Michael?

Kobori: Who?

Ang: The prisoner who you let him go

Kobori: Oh, that one.

Ang: Strange.  He told me that you love me before you told me that you love me.

Kobori: My heart ... probably told him, perhaps.

Ang: And your heart .. Who else did it tell to? (What else did your heart tell and to who?)

*Kobori took her hand and placed it on his left chest (beautiful music is killing me here T_T)

Kobori: It says ... 'I love you, Hideko.' I love you, Hideko.  I love you, Hideko.  Anata o aishiteimasu.  Pom rak khun samer, Hideko (I love you always, Hideko).  And .. always.

*Kobori struggled to breath/hold on as Ang continued to cry

Ang: I will never love anyone ... other than you, Kobori.

*Ang gave him one last kiss T_T

Kobori left us ****** TTTTT______TTTTT

Ang: Please rest .. rest comfortably. My sweet one.  Please rest.  And when .. will you open your eyes to look at me?

**** OMG, this is so heart breaking -- i'm tearing up again .. these tears will never stop from crying with Ang and her love for her husband T_T

*The two uncles came

Jim#1: Mae On .. Mae On

Jim#2: How's the commander?

Ang: He's gone.

*acapella track came on *sobbing like a baby now*

-- Commercial break ---

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
One question I'm still curious about: How badly hurt was Kobori..again? TT^TT Thank you ceci!! <3

moonstar

sarNie Adult
The ending was too sad. :weep:  :cry:I cried my eyes off this morning before heading to work, Kobori just had to died in the middle of all those misunderstandings. I was surprised Kobori and Vanas didn't encountered each other before the bombing. I guess the director didn't want us to hate him more than we already did. If they were to encountered each other like previous versions, I would be so angry and HATE HATE VANAS even more because Kobori could have killed him. But if Kobori did killed Vanas, Ang would never forgive him and I wouldn't want my considerated Kobori to live the rest of him life with guilt that does not even belong to him. 

I expected a lot from the ending and I am not quite satisfied with the outcome!!! I wanted to see more! I wanted to see Vanas suffer. I wanted to see him see how much pain he had brought upon Ang. I wanted to see Vanas get rejected by Ang after Kobori died. I hate Vanas and the the 2 uncles especially the 2 cold hearted uncles. How could they just stood there and not feel any remorse for their action that killed Kobori, who always saved their sorry lives?!!!! They just stood there looking at Ang crying her heart out as she responded "yes, he is gone." Gosh I really hated those cold hearted uncles.

I wanted to see the cremating ceremony like in Bird and Kwan's version --> DARN it! Disappointed. I wanted to see her holding tight to his coffin and body, not wanting to let go to the point where the uncles had to take him away. I also thought Tekada would say Sayōnara in Japanese.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: Tekada couldn't save Kobori?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I also wanted to see Tekada and Kobori's soldier friends present at his cremation to send him off. I wanted to see Ang's mom, grandma, Kobori's uncle, Ang's Dad, the other DOctor's reaction to his death. I wanted to see her long for him a little bit more to make it worth the love he gave her when he was alive. 

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
another hurt to hear is when she say sleepy & sleepy. Help me I try to forgiven all but can't do it. Now my body still shake N it more shake when reading. Every July 7 kobori spirits come visit his love wife 

looksy

sarNie Adult
Rest in peace sweet gentle Kobori.....in your next life together, may you be the first man that Ang meets so that she won't have to give any fraction of her love to anyone else besides you, for you are most deserving. TT________TT

Awe, no words can describe how sad I feel today. I felt like I went to a funeral this morning because I was sad all day. At work, when no one was around, I even silently cried at my desk thinking about Kobori and Ang. 

Thank you all for your thoughts. I enjoyed reading them and they echo what I felt and still feel after seeing the ending. We were not disappointed and we were left sad, but also completely satisfied. 

There were so many beautiful and touching moments, but the one that had me crying extra hard and extra loud was when Kobori sensed his life slipping away............how he gently took Ang's hand and placed it over his heart so that she could feel his heart beat for her.......and sadly for Ang, she would also feel the second his heart stopped beating.....I loved how Kobori gathered every breath left in him to tell her he loves her before his spirit left his body.

I cried so many times when Ang kissed him.....Her kisses were so gentle, sweet, and slow to savor every last minute.........and even though he was dying, it almost felt that each of her kisses seemed to breathe a little life into him. 

Awe, I can't seem to express what I completely feel.........I'm lost for words at the moment.....will share more later.

@Cecilia, thank you so much for all of the artwork that you do for our beloved pair. I don't say it enough, but I love them all and I've saved and used each and everyone of them. 

@Asianfuse administrators, please don't put this thread in the "old lakorn" section just yet. Not only did this lakorn end, but we lost our precious pra ek and our nang ek just became a young widow.......we need a few more days to gather our thoughts, to support each other, and try to recover. I think seeing this thread in the "old lakorn" section would add to our pain at the moment.....hehe....

chouakim

TTFC♥
Thank you Ceci! Such lovely, lovely dialogue. *wipes tears* I hope you're alright as you're translating for us.

Super torturous scenes for me today, editing wise, it was just so beautiful. Not to mention the OST that is playing alongside with it.
Going into my favorites list.
 ​
 ​

roselovesice

TT_______TT Oh my gosh. I knew I should of had never watch it again before sleeping. The pain is back again. It was so heartbreaking just watching it again and reading along Ceci's translation which by the way, Thank you again. :)
I don't know. Despite the fact that I am well satisfy as to how the ending was done, I'm still upset that Kobori didn't live. I'm still moping around and questioning myself and everyone as to why Kobori has to die and why the author has to write such a freakin' dang novel only to give it a tragic ending...even when I know the question myself..full well.
TT______TT I don't know when I'll stop crying. It's been going on for 1 whole day now. My heart has not been mend back together yet. I want to cry out loud but I can't. It really hurts when you bottle it all up in your chest.  :cry1:
One thing I really liked at the end was how open Ang was about her love towards Kobori. She can now say it as much as she want because nothing is holding her back from being open about it. TT___TT
Ceci, maybe. That's what I thought too but I seriously thought that can be healed if bandaged but I guess not.  :cry:
This is Torturoussssssss!!! I hate myself for loving this lakorn too much. 555 

And yes, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS OFF THE CURRENTLY BROADCASTING THREAD. I'm already torture and depress enough as of right now. Give me some time to pick myself back up again. 

rak_lakorn

sarNie Egg
Omgggg T_T now I will try to go sleep and dream about kobobie! Thanks ceci as always for the translation now there will be no point for waking up early one mom and tues

roselovesice

I don't know if you guys noticed this but right after the ending, i don't know if this was intentionally or not but they put the wrong title in. It wasn't Koo Gum's original title but I suppose the one replacing Koo Gum. Anyhoo, It's going to feel so weird without Koo Gum on Mon-Tues. now. It's going to be really different. I'm going to wake up and feel completely weird out because it's not another Koo Gum episode day but another day to remind myself that Koo Gum is over. That Kobori is gone but still alive spiritually with Angsumalin and is currently residing by the milkyway as a star. TT___TT 
The ending song is Bie's song too. This is too sad. :'( I wonder how many pages was the ending because going from the death scene was like at least an hour long and then we have Ang's scene at the end where she talked nonstop. I would have died already if I have to remember that many sentences. 555
Another thing I liked about the ending was how Ang went to go take a bath, the mini bathroom that Kobori created just for her. 
One thing that does bug me is that it felt weird not seeing the other such as Takeda or her mother and grandmother. I guess that's just me. 
Adding the funeral scene will just create another tear explosion that I am not ready for. Although I do wish they added that scene but it's okay. I'll just suck it up and accept what I was already blessed with. 555 To be able to see Kobori and Ang together. Even with Kobori there, I know that it's not a happy ending no matter how much I want to lie to myself that it is even if Kobori is just there spiritually. It's different from being there physically. It's just. Ugh. I really wasn't ready for episode 24. Okay. 'Nuff rambling. More crying. I need to pour my heart out. It's clogging up my inside. Oh those tears. Sigh. lol 

Another thing, I wish they would give us the acapella version of Koo Gum. It's so beautiful. 

looksy

sarNie Adult
moonstar said:
 I wanted to see more! I wanted to see Vanas suffer. I wanted to see him see how much pain he had brought upon Ang. I wanted to see Vanas get rejected by Ang after Kobori died. I hate Vanas and the the 2 uncles especially the 2 cold hearted uncles.

Awe Moonstar........we can be so in love with Kobori that we forget that Wanut is also a special individual. He had his own moments worthy of our tears, although I admit that I did not have any left to give him because I had used up all of my tears crying for Kobori and Ang..........but the author of Koo Kum was not that kind to Wanut either. He remained single for the rest of his life. I asked my friend who read the novel why. I wanted to know if it was because he couldn't love anyone else besides Ang.....if he had held hope for Ang........My friend told me that in the novel Koo Kum 2, Wanut's love for Ang changed from that of serious lover's love to that of a friendship love. Wanut was there for Ang and helped her with whatever she needed. He was even a male role model for Kobori's son. 

But as special as Wanut is, Kobori is exceptionally special to me. I think it's easy for Wanut to love Ang because they were childhood friends. She was sweet with him(most of the time) and returned his affections............our Kobori had to work extra hard to prove his love for her. Many of us would have given up on Ang a long time ago, but he was persistent, patient and all giving of himself........his love for Ang was exceptional and unconditional. It's the kind of love we all aspire to have in our own lives. Plus, it takes a lot of courage to continue to love someone whom you think does not feel the same way about you, let alone hate you.

Also, although I'm sure Ang did love Wanut or she wouldn't have given her promise to him (she does not strike me as a person who gives her promises easily unless there were feelings there), I've always thought the love she shared with Wanut was a familiar love born out of closeness due to their childhood friendship. When Kobori entered the picture, he brought the passion and fire........and both got burned. Ang's heart was calm with Wanut, but her heart rattled when it was with Kobori and it took every restraint from her mind to keep her feelings hidden. To me, that is why she kept on saying she hated him all the time.........it was her way of constantly reminding herself (her mind convincing itself) that she was wrong to give in to her heart.

andromeda

sarNie Egg
So my question is why did the author choose the Milky way and the story of the weaving princess and cowherder in this story?  Based on this legend, these two lovers are forbidden to see each other and will only meet once a year.  That's an agonizing wait! 

As if they are not separated by death, even after death, they will still be apart but will meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh month.  Legends are legends, stars are stars, and galaxies are galaxies; however, it would be comforting to my achy breaky heart if they were to be together even after death and reincarnate into a life that will allow them to be fated-pair.  

cecilia

Staff member

*Ang took out the withered Jasmine flowers

Ang: Kobori, I've gathered the Jasmine flower around the house for you. 

Ang placed each branch into the vase individually.

Ang: Mother likes to call you, Poh Dokmali.  Dokmali, white, pure, and innocent like your heart/love.  

*Beautiful music came on - at least, i'm happy this time around*

Ang: This photo was taken from our wedding day.  Do you still remember your mother's blessing poem that you've translated for me?  'May the love you share .. and let the two heart become a whole." (sorry, i couldn't understand this part).  Please let the love and the hearts between you two become one.' If I told you in time that day ... I have the last part of the poem to tell you.  I'm going to tell you that .. at the moment, our loves bind together and mend together as one forever. "

*Flashback*
- Shower
Ang: I can bath standing
Kobori: Please sit. I beg you.  This stool is very strong. 
*End of flashback*
- Ang showering, remembering her husband giving her a bath.

*Hand washing scene*
Kobori: Hideko, if I die .. will you cry?
Ang: No!
Kobori: I'll wait and see then.
*Flash back end
Ang: I won't cry anymore, Kobori.  Really am not crying anymore b/c my heart left with you.

*Flashback*
Kobori: Regardless I sleep or awake, I remember everything here clearly.  The trees, the plants, the garden, etc.  A green tree .. a blossoming tree and you, a small stubborn woman who doesn't know what love is.
Ang: It's not true
Kobori: I thought you're not going to talk to me .. Let just say you know love but it's not for me.
*End of flashback*

Ang: I know what love is .. love that no one can have it except you

Ang turned to look at the tree

Ang: Today is July 7.  I made the hanging card for you. You must look down tonight.  You once asked me why I remember so many detail about you.  Kobori, b/c I love you (Beautiful music came on).

*Flashback*
-first time meeting
Kobori: Hai
Ang ignored him
Kobori: Sonde, sonde, behind you. (Over there, behind you)

-Rehearsing how to say 'YA MOM'
Ang: You can't even say it quickly. Hey, you! Can you say it fast?
Kobori: Ya mom!

- Sneaking to look at her
Kobori: You're taking a bath, right?
Ang: Yes, and you need to leave.
Kobori: Ok, go. I'll leave .. I'm happy seeing your face like this and that's enough.
Ang: What is it?
Kobori: Go, I'll leave now
-Sick Angsumalin in their bedroom
Kobori: Anata o aishiteimasu

Ang: Kobori, what's wrong?
Kobori: I worry about you <3

*DRUNKEN KOBOBIE ^___^

Kobori: if our child like to raise whatever, I'll let him do it .. be it a dog or a cat.
Ang: But I'm allergic to cat hair.
Kobori: He can't even raise anything ... well then, he'll be sad.
Ang: I wonder if the person who wants to raise is the son or the father.
*End of flashback

Ang: You understood it, right, dear that mom loves dad.  Love at first sight. Love, always but I'm foolish to not know that our lives are short, time flew by quickly .. it will never return.  I didn't know that we have to hold until every minutes to not let it slip away.  Our happiness is in front of us .. with just an arm away, we can grab onto it but instead I threw it away, tied my heart, believe in the wrong thing, keeping word to word, thinking crazily of other things. By the time I know it, everything ... disappear.  There's nothing left ...

*Baby kicked*

Ang: Dear, ssshhhh ... that's true, thank you for reminding my consciousness. I was about to be foolish again.  It's not like I don't have anything left .. I still have you, still have you with me.

Ang looked up

Ang: Our child, Kobori .. i'll continue to live .. I'll make every moments from now on good, always ... for our child.

*Kobori's hand touched Ang -- filled with beautiful music -- in happiness

Kobori: Hideko, I won't go anywhere.  I will be with you in every place every corner.  Please wait and I'll pick you up to be by the star with the Princess Tohu in the milky way.

-- THE END --

I'm curious about is .. why does the writer decided to write this beautiful tragic story? What's her purpose behind it? To teach us a lesson, to make us cry our heart out for innocent love, or to just simply cry see how war affects those we love and the one around us? -- SO many questions --- to ask this author about this tragical love story.

sharing KOBOBIE love <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y4yOC9Nm0Y
Credit: biethestarsuperstar

Blossomgirl93

sarNie Egg
Ceci---thanks a million for translating their convo. I've watched every ver. of KK and not understanding thai, I just made reference and guessed what the two were saying. Thanks to you I understood everything now...

Oh gosh I'm literally wailing. This is the ver where I cried the most since P'Bird and Kwang's. I'm so impressed with these two cuz they proved me wrong. Kobori's undying love for Ang even in death....Ang kissing him to keep him from leaving. This is killing my heart...

chouakim

TTFC♥
Thank you Ceci for translating the entire finale for us.

I couldn't help my tears just reading at the very end as Ang talks to their baby. Kobori's final words are so moving, it's making be bawl right now. I commend the staff, the entire crew, director, Exact, Bie and Noona, what a great job from everyone. It's left our hearts feeling so bittersweet. I think I have just witnessed the most beautiful love story.
The fact that Ang is so strong and accepting makes it all better. I never felt so much on her side until this final episode. Her strong will for Kobori and their baby makes me love her so much. Her happiness in having Kobori's child and knowing that her heart is with him in the galaxy just makes it better for us viewers to bare. Thank you baby, for keeping your mommy so strong.

I couldn't have asked for a better closure to Koo Kum. Something this good definitely makes it harder to watch the next generation's remake in which I will probably not want to take part in (lol.) I'm very sad that its finally come to an end, but very happy that it ended the way it did. Now that I'm no longer scared for the ending, I'm allowing myself to go back and rewatch the previous episodes and collect my favorite moments, reliving their love story. Love, love Kobobie and Angsumalin :heart:

cikna

sarNie Adult
cecilia said:

Ang: Do you still remember Mr. Michael?

Kobori: Who?

Ang: The prisoner who you let him go

Kobori: Oh, that one.

Ang: Strange.  He told me that you love me before you told me that you love me.

Kobori: My heart ... probably told him, perhaps.

Ang: And your heart .. Who else did it tell to? (What else did your heart tell and to who?)

*Kobori took her hand and placed it on his left chest (beautiful music is killing me here T_T)

Kobori: It says ... 'I love you, Hideko.' I love you, Hideko.  I love you, Hideko.  Anata o aishiteimasu.  Pom rak khun samer, Hideko (I love you always, Hideko).  And .. always.

*Kobori struggled to breath/hold on as Ang continued to cry

Ang: I will never love anyone ... other than you, Kobori.

*Ang gave him one last kiss T_T

Kobori left us ****** TTTTT______TTTTT

Ang: Please rest .. rest comfortably. My sweet one.  Please rest.  And when .. will you open your eyes to look at me?

**** OMG, this is so heart breaking -- i'm tearing up again .. these tears will never stop from crying with Ang and her love for her husband T_T

*The two uncles came

Jim#1: Mae On .. Mae On

Jim#2: How's the commander?

Ang: He's gone.

*acapella track came on *sobbing like a baby now*

-- Commercial break ---
it took me less than 3 seconds to cry reading this part. it's so, so sad. thanks a lot ceci. don't know what else to say but it's heartbreaking, beautiful sad ending.

cikna

sarNie Adult
I worked really hard in my aerobic class today. I kicked as high as i can. jump as much as i can. I'm usually the laziest one during class. but today i can't stop thinking about ang's and kobori's beautiful parting and the fact that there would be no more sweet scenes with them in them next week onwards... :cry: So, my overwhelming and overflowing emotions are shadowed by the kicks and jumps! :cry1: :no:

on the way back home, my music player turn on the song "Matahariku" (My Sun), an Indonesian song, one of my favourites came on. The song is about a woman who lost the love of her life, how his presence is the source of her happiness, his absence brings her the utmost pain and sadness, how she wish she could conquer time and go back to how things were. Instantly, I thought of the name "Hideko", kobori's sunrise. And just like that, tears started to flow. lucky for me, I was sweating crazily. So, when people saw me with tears, they would think I was sweating.... :teary:

I dedicate this beautiful song to our beautiful lovers. Ang is Kobori's sunset, Kobori is Ang's sunrise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3U-D8gvd08

Translation:

"Matahariku" (My Sun)

Tertutup sudah pintu, pintu hatiku
The door is closed,the door to my heart

Yang Pernah Dibuka Waktu Hanya Untukmu
Once it was opened, but only for you

Kini Kau Pergi Dari Hidupku
Now you are gone from my life

Kuharus Relakanmu Walau Aku Tak Mau
I have to let you go, even if I don’t want to

Berjuta Warna Pelangi Di Dalam Hati
The million colours of rainbow in my heart

Sejenak Luluh Bergeming Menjauh Pergi
Instantly shatter into pieces, fleeing into thin air

Tak Ada Lagi Cahaya Suci
There’s no more light of purity

Semua Nada Beranjak Aku Terdiam Sepi
All beats dissappear,I'm in lonely silence

Dengarlah Matahariku, Suara Tangisanku
Hear me, My Sun, my voice of sorrow

Kubersedih Karna Panah Cinta Menusuk Jantungku
I am in misery as the arrow of love pierces my heart

Ucapkan Matahariku Puisi Tentang Hidupku
Utter it, My Sun, the verse about my life

Tentangku Yang Tak Mampu Menaklukkan Waktu
About how I can’t turn back time

:teary: :teary:

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
OMG!! Thank you soo much Cecilia for your hard work! i went back and rewatched it after ur translations. Such a bad idea watching it while laying down, I bawled my eyes out again :lmao: Soo sad seeing kobori go and I just love how Ang kisses him to keep him awake and hear all her words. I agree with you all that the ending was bittersweet. It was very touching when Kobori came in the end and told her that he is not going to go anywhere though. Oh how i love how they still keep their love alive!! ahh soo true the moral of this story is to cherish who loves u before it's too late wahhhhhh!! :cry1:  i am soo sad I loved every moment of them together. I love how even though he is in pain he still wiped her tears oh gosh i wonder if there will be a Koo Kum 2. :yes:  Oh please so Ang can go with Kobori peacefully.. Ahhhh!! :teary: I have puffy eyes to school today haha soo sad!! :(

gloria83

sarNie Adult
oh Thanks so much for the translations, my heart burst open so may times, i dont even know how to breathe anymore, tears flowing left to right, gonna watch some happy scenes to make me fell better.

Reactions: NdA