[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

cikna

sarNie Adult
just finish watching the finale! what a ride of emotions i had today. i was able to understand one or two words. do correct me if i'm wrong. in the beginning, it pains me to see ang, in her pregnancy state moving all those heavy metal/wood away from kobori, kobori told her to as she is with a child. i guess ang replied firmly both the mother and child will do anything to help the father. that was my first cry.

then, the doctor when a tear fell from his eyes. the next thing i know, tears flowing from my eyes. then, with ang crying in agony when the doctor said nothing can be done for kobori.

yeah,it's the longest death scene ever! and i have not seen a nang'ek kissing the pra'ek more than 5 times in a scene!! the kisses was heartbreaking but beautiful. bitter but sweet at the same time.

ang surely pours out her heart to kobori. did she tell kobori that the reason why she had to wait for vanus was that she can break free from the promise that she made with her friend and finally be able to love kobori sincerely? i am just guessing that might be some of the things she said to him.

the scene where kobori took the pink handkerchief to wipe away ang's tears, i cried almost immediately! :cry: in his agonising pain, he still doesn't want to see ang in pain and sadness. for him to utter to her "i love you, hideko" so many times with a smile on his face, you can't help but to further understand his undying love for her. did he say that he would wait for forever, even after death? i was just guessing.

oh before that, i cried for both happiness and sadness when ang finally said the magical words that kobori yearned to hear "I LOVE YOU" both in Japanese and Thai. it was so emotional.!

i also cried when ang was talking to her husband's picture. reminiscing their sweet memories, how he asked her not to cry if he dies. and i think ang said "kobori, i didn't cry, just like u asked me too. the baby was certainly a blessing in disguise that kept ang to stay alive and be positive eventhough it's an unbearable pain to lose a part of your life. if marrying ang was kobori's salvation, then carrying and caring for kobori's child that grows in her womb was ang's salvation.

I am so proud of ang for being more matured and positive for the sake Kobori's memories and their unborn child. it was definitely bittersweet experience watching KhuKam 2013

gonna make another MV. i found a song. ceci, i think u may or may not remember a song that i used to make an MV for pinky and weir. it's called "Matahariku" which translated as My Sun. i mean, it's just right. ang/hideko was kobori's sunset and to me, i think kobori is ang's sun. if she is the sunset to mark the change of daylight to darkness, then he should be the sunrise, turning darkness into light. they are the complete "ying and yang"

rooting for more noona and bie's pairing! :dance1:

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Well said. I don't even know what to say anymore. It's too overwhelming at the moment. I'm literally in a state of shock which is why I'm currently not feeling anything. As I was posting up the scenes on my Instagram and putting the hashtags in, it hit me. It was the end. It's over. It's really over. 
I was about to burst into tears in the middle of class. 
Anyhoo, the ending was beautiful. I wish we got to see the baby. Like everyone was gone at the end too. Good thing they didn't add the funeral 'cause that would of been depressing, well sad I should say. When they showed from the beginning to the end, that was so heartbreaking. I'm currently crying now. Haha. If I was Kobori, I would be like, "Girl! Why you confessing now? Isn't that a little too late?" LOL Jkay. It's better to know than to never.
This is an amazing lakorn. They did everything so good and it was done beautifully. Even if I don't like this kind of tragic ending, I'm satisfy to see that Kobori will always be with Ang regardless, even spiritually. 
Now, back to my crying corner. TT____________________________TT 

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
cecilia said:

V: Uncle Pon/Bua told me that you're going to have a baby.
Ang: Yes
Vanus: Well then .. I've decided ... regardless, he's still the father of the child.  As for the other things, let it aside .. don't take it to heart/worry about unless you're doing this for other reasons ... if it's like that .. then after the war, I must return to marry you.
Ang: At this moment .. there isn't any other reason other than I love my child and the father of my child (a lot). 

* Why can't Kobori hear this TT____TT

Vanus: That's good. That's good, Ang.  It's good that you're like this. I want you to be happy. 

Vanut is too sweet as well. All he wants is for Ang to be happy. I love love love the Vanut in the 1988 version...

paof

“Promise me...that you will live well.” XiaoFeng
So sad... This is the best remake love kobori and ang = bie and noona forever.

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
Now my tears falling like waterfall everywhere on my face :lmao:   :lmao:  glad today epi only kobori and angsumalin in there.five time last kisses for kobori its very good and sad to see this last kiss. ang hurry kiss kobori before u don't a get a chance to kiss kobori forever, Kiss as much you Want angsumalin :teary:  :teary: The scene kob ask the doctor to take care of his wife when there no he in there on the time ang get birth and say good bye to each is so sad for me. When they do the flashback it made me more heartaches. Angsumalin sceond time say I love you than they play the music sound omfg how sad and hurt me

Kobori ja RIP and sleep tight na ka :cry:  :cry:

here some behind the scene,i'm not sure if you guy already post this or not yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4pRpYs_wSc&list=UUYEL4Ey7JK4sj5FvlGyfqcA&index=5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpE3B8YCAM8&list=UUYEL4Ey7JK4sj5FvlGyfqcA
cr owner

paof

“Promise me...that you will live well.” XiaoFeng
On mon and tues no more kobori and ang... Gonna miss it..

mizzniki

sarNie Hatchling
Today's episode makes my heart sank.... When she finally free from the promise they just had to take him from her. Why so cruel
And the question that hurts the most is Kobori asked Ang "Why don't you Love me? 
  Am happy for kobori hearing Ang saying I love you in Japanese and Thai.. He been yearning those feeling from her too long. Those little kisses and flashback  hurt me too.... Am happy that Ang got pictures of them on the wall at least she has those pictures to hold on even he gone.​
I wanted to thanks the casts and crews for koo gum 2013 
 ​
My feeling for today ... Even though I know what's gonna happen​
 ​
 ​

Pictures ​
 ​
But at least the ending look like a happy ending even though it was his spirits that came to visit hugging his wife and baby and looking into the sky together. ​
 ​
Bittersweet ending​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Screencaps​
He still manages to wipe her tears away​
 ​

roselovesice

The kisses were bittersweet. Very. I'm still emotional about the ending. Tears be falling down like crazy...still.  :cry: Seriously, prepare yourself if you haven't seen todays episode yet. Prepare your heart and make sure you have tons of tissues next to you. I was an idiot and try to be tough only to cry so hard and due to the fact that I was not prepare, with tissues, it was hard. 555 PREPARE YOUR HEART AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR BOX OF TISSUE NEXT TO YOU. 
AnywaysI'm trying to distract myself from watching the ending more than 50 times because I just did that like an hour ago. 555 It was hard but I had to because I wanted to see my Kobori despite the fact that todays episode was based on his death. I love how Noona was crying nonstop. That was amazing. Think about it. The death scene went on for about an hour. She must of been crying for more than one hour straight, maybe. Gosh. Noona is too talented. lol And oh! The scene when Takeda left and Ang was screaming at him for being mean, that was sad as well. Like Takeda has no intention of leaving behind his best friend but because he knew it was impossible alongside he wanted to fulfill his best friend's wish and command and just be a good comrade. Gosh. I hate this lakorn for making me love it so much. I hate Bie and Noona for making Kobori and Ang so pitiful alongside the lakorn. 
This will probably be the last Koo Gum I will ever watch. I don't think my heart can handle another tragic Koo Gum ending in what? 10+ years? 
Now that Koo Gum has ended, which it ended WAYYY TOO FAST, I have no more excuses to not pay attention in class or skip class. Thank you Koo Gum for letting me experience an interesting roller coaster adventure these past months with you. It was a pleasure. 555 Now I don't know what to do with my life. I thought I should share this video with you ladies as to how my life really is now that Koo Gum is over. HAHHA. This clip is so true and so darn hilarious. Watch it if you have time. 

STORY OF MY LIFE: 
Credit: Swoozie06

Reactions: NdA

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
I just went rewatch it,the more u watch the more you cry more and more. Now I feel like something in my heart to need cry out aloud for this thing to gone. When ang say I don't know when u will open up your eyes to look at me on the part kobori take his last breath omg made me wanna cry like a crazy and very loud. But I can't cuz I don't want my mom they run to ask me what's wrong? so if they come than they interrupter my feeling.

I agree with you mizzniki, that question so Hurt me too. I afraid the question cuz I don't want to hear some question from someone about to die. I don't want to has that question and face when they ask in mind forever.

gloria83

sarNie Adult
i am crying just reading all your comments, i cant believe this is the end.  Im gonna be tortured watching this ending, but ill be back to ramble.

cecilia

Staff member
Rose, that clip is hilarious! Way to lighten my mood -- i feel exactly like that pencil person ..

Today is still bitter but i suppose -- seeing them together at the end means HAPPY ending in a good way too.
I'd love to see the baby pops out but it's alright -- seeing family together like this is already enough for my poor heart.

*will come back to translate more lines tonight.

chouakim

TTFC♥
It finally happened. I've gained myself a terrible headache due to so much crying. I watched it and wept, but I don't think it has sank into me yet. I still feel their love even stronger than ever. Maybe my withdrawal symptoms are just kicking in a bit late because I really wasn't ready to say goodbye to Kobori and Angsumalin. Oh well, I'll feel it next week, lol.

What an amazing finale. I know we weren't going to be left feeling empty and I think this was even better than I had imagined. It hurts so much but it was done so well. It couldn't be anymore bittersweet with Kobori sharing the final breaths of his life with the one woman he loves. Even sweeter that he got to hear what's from Ang's heart, I'm not even tripping about his death anymore. As long as Kobori left knowing that she, too, in return has loved him and will forever love no other. My weakest points throughout this episode were (the kisses, of course!) when Ang held her forehead against Kobori's. It was so sincere, I truly felt her pain, the pain that she was going to lose her good person. I sobbed during the entire conversation even though I only understood about 25% of it, still, their love needs no translation. My ultimate cry was Kobori's final breath as his spirit exits to wait at the Milky Way. It made it harder for me to watch thinking about Ang as she laid beside her fallen husband, accepting that Kobori is really gone. She is now alone. No Kobori to have, to call, to wake up beside. Oh. I'm not sure when this pain is going to heal for me.

I'm going to take the ending as a happy one. I'm very satisfied because it was just so beautiful. My tears stopped during Ang's scenes of life after Kobori. Everything was so sweet, especially how she dedicates everything to him and to their baby. Talking to her baby about his loving dad. Then suddenly when Kobobie's hand come into the frame to hug Ang, the tears fell nonstop and here come back the sobbing. Not because I was sad, but because it was such a beautiful, touching scene, displaying that Kobori is always there with Ang, waiting for her, watching over her. Koo Kum 2013 wrapped up so beautifully, I don't even think words can express it all. I have the chills now.

OH! And I haven't even mentioned the music score and OST for this finale! WELL DONE, RIGHT?! For the dialogue that I didn't understand, it was the music that made my heart pour out. Not even to mention the beautiful acapella "Koo Kum" playing as Ang lays with her lifeless Kobori. That was such a breathtaking scene, a little too much sadness in one shot, but it was so exceptionally amazing as the camera gets them from the above angle, zooming out to show the disastrous scene in which has caused our sweet pra'ek to leave his wife and child. I, too, found symbolism in that scene. I'm depicting it as the "overall" symbol in the lakorn; when our koo kan lays in the center of the blazing fires, indicating the war/destruction, yet the two still hold on so closely to each other. This scene showed that even though war/danger have come, our pra'nang's love is indestructible, even at this point of losing our Kobori. Even in the Heavens he'll wait for her, love her and she the same until it is her time. *sobs* Definitely one of my favorite scenes. Beautiful shot, beautiful OST, beautiful meaning.
There's so much more to cover, but we'll have to leave it for another time since I can't think clearly. I don't think any of us can especially crying the way we did today.

I can't even explain how much tissue I've gone through during the duration of this lakorn, yet alone today! Yikes.
But Koo Kum was truly some good Exact production. I would have never expected to have a classic love story in my list of favorites, especially Koo Kum which is so popular and cherished by all, but this Kobobie version is definitely making my (short and exclusive, lol) favorites list!

Ariya, I feel you. I started crying at the very start of the opening credits, lol. We've seen it over 24 times yet, this one is the one.

Thanks Ceci! I'd really appreciate some translated dialogue.^^

By the way, did you ladies notice the placement of Kobori's hands even after he's departed? It's so loving, placed at his heart holding Ang's arm. Oh it's so beautiful and painful. Can you imagine her having to lift her hands away from his embrace when it was time to carry Kobori away? The thought of it hurts so bad. Why am I torturing myself life this?

roselovesice

I love what you said Chouakim. Took every single words right out of my mouth. Despite the tragic ending, I am very well satisfy with the ending. This is very rare and I'm surprise, well not really actually, that Koo Gum is the first to make me feel satisfy at the end. Even with Kobori gone, they still manage to show us Kobori at the end even if he's just a spirit. That no matter what they cannot be separated. They also showed us that even with Kobori gone, Ang was still able to live life and be strong about it. This is probably one of the strongest Ang I've seen so far. I love it. 
The acapella scene was amazing. I had to watch that scene over and over just because it came at the right time. The music was amazing. They touched the right part with the right music. I love how they shut out every noise and just focused on Kobori and Ang until after his death then that's when we start to hear what's going on in the background again. It hurts having to hear Koo Gum throughout the episode because it's telling us now that it's over and they are now separated physically. Ugh. This lakorn better win an award for BEST OST because heck, this is probably the BEST OST I've heard all year..so far. 555 Alongside the lakorn itself and actor/actress. Everyone did an amazing job. :)
I am filled with happiness that there are no more obstacles to both their lives, love as well. Even if Kobori isn't there, he'll always be in her heart and vice versa. I don't think I can go back and rewatch the scene where he takes his last breath again. It's too heartbreaking. But then again, I can't stop myself from having to go back to rewatching the ending. First world crisis right there. LOL
I don't know how many times I am going to say this but this lakorn is awesome. First pra'ek/nang'ek that i've ever cried over in forever. This is definitely Exact's BEST ever remade lakorn. 'Nuff said. 

And Ceci, Haha. No problem. :) I'm just trying to lighten up the mood around here including mines. 555 I can't wait for the translated lines. Thank you dear!  :heart:

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
Today's episode got me crying nonstop and I can't barely breath, I was crying too much. I started crying from the beginning and when Kobori took his last breathe, that made me even cry more. The ending of Koo Kum 2013 is sad. I love how Ang and Kobori were connecting their lives to the story The Princess and The Cowherd (I think that's what it's called, not sure), Ang said that if Kobori goes into sky, he'll be on the other side of the milky way as a star and wait for her. When it's the 7 days of the 7 month/moon, they would get to meet each other and they did meet each other because at the end it was the 7 days of the 7 month/moon and Kobori's spirit came and hug her and see her. I'm crying so much that I have a headache. I love Koo Kum 2013 and will always and forever love it as well as Bie, I want Bie and Noona to pair up again for a new lakorn, which would end with happiness.

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
The end where they slowly showed Kobori's hand hugging Ang was so sweet, even though it was just his spirit, it shows that no matter how long or what he'll always be next to her and waiting for her at the milky way. This scene got me crying badly. Agree that this lakorn should win an award for best ost and acting as well. Bie is the cutest, sweetest, and most adorable Kobori ever.

chouakim

TTFC♥
roselovesice said:
The acapella scene was amazing. I had to watch that scene over and over just because it came at the right time. The music was amazing. They touched the right part with the right music. I love how they shut out every noise and just focused on Kobori and Ang until after his death then that's when we start to hear what's going on in the background again.

You are so right! That detail totally slipped my mind. I love it. It's extremely sad though. Bringing back in the cries of the soldiers in the noisy surrounding are as if they're bringing us and Ang back to reality. She had to seize her last moments with Kobori, not caring in the world what happens around them. It's really over. I keep watching the acapella scene over and over again. It's sooooo sad but just so extremely beautiful. I can't express it in any other term. I love it so much it's torturous. :cry:

Dreamlove, oh that's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that translation.

I think I've watched Kobobie's last breath about 5 times now and each time, the crying is worse and worse. *headache+heartache*

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
Every time when I come in here make me have teary and even more sad when see them two pic that end scene gif out there. I will think that the dying scene is just a nightmare for ang and this is not real, The real is the one they sit on the door not the dying scene and kobori still alive with angsumalin

Mae

sarNie Adult
Koo Kum 2013 has been beautifully directed for all of us to watch! The chemistry/love between Kobori and Angsumalin, the bond between Angsumalin and Vanus, the bromance between Kobori and Takeda as well as the other Japanese soldiers, the pride between nations, etc...all perfectly depicted for our viewing pleasure. My heart is so broken, yet it's also at ease because Kobori left the world knowing his wife loves him dearly... The ending was so bitter sweet...but the many kisses certainly made up for it, and totally convinced me how much Kobori realized Angsumalin does love him!