[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

moonstar

sarNie Adult
Bieluvr - New generation have no problem but the olded generation during World War II had a harder time expressing their feelings. So when watching this lakorn you have to remind yourself that the story took place back in the days,

cecilia

Staff member
72701 said:
so why did ang throw herself?
To teach Kobori how it feel to lose someone he love - a son (she's putting herself in Vanus' parent's shoe)
Crazy girl! She regrets bad after he left her alone to be bed ridden for a few days at home :(

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
moonstar said:
Bieluvr - New generation have no problem but the olded generation during World War II had a harder time expressing their feelings. So when watching this lakorn you have to remind yourself that the story took place back in the days,
LOL, true. I forgot. Haha, but i still say she still deserves it though. Hurting my Kobo-Bie. :p

moonstar

sarNie Adult
Another part that make my heartaches and me cried so much  :cry:  :cry: was the part in ep 16 when Ang was helping Kobori dress and he told her he's afraid he will have to leave them soon and knows his time with her is short so he tries to memorize everything he could about Ang's place, the wood, plants, layout, kitchen, and a little girl like Ang who doesn't know how to love, etc. :cry:  :cry: Why can't Ang feel Kobori's pain!!! Wait she did by her eyes expression but why can't she express her love to him. He loves her so much that he's so afraid she will ask him to leave soon and constantly let her know how much he will miss her and really doesn't want to leave but will do whatever she wants if it will make her happy.  :cry:  :cry:  

Kobori make me so sad when he told Ang he agree to her tradeoff for her freedom and told her she doesn't have  to worry about being tied to him forever since soldier won't live long.  :cry: She really gives him no reason to fight in the war. 

moofangz810

sarNie Egg
Why the ending has to be the same as for the other versions? Why can't they make the ending as an exception for 2013 version? I'm feeling so sad for koburi. And I really hate sad endings...

moofangz810

sarNie Egg
I was thinking if the scriptwriter can change the ending of this version where Koburi is not killed in the war but as a consequence of being a soldier of war, Koburi may lose something like his sight or hearing instead of having him dead... that would be a sad but nice ending at least...

cecilia

Staff member
moofangz810 said:
I was thinking if the scriptwriter can change the ending of this version where Koburi is not killed in the war but as a consequence of being a soldier of war, Koburi may lose something like his sight or hearing instead of having him dead... that would be a sad but nice ending at least...
That's even more sad --- he'll be so mad at himself .. i like the old ending .. bittersweet but at least Kobori won't feel like he's a burden to Ang (especially knowing how considerate he is toward her).

I will try to do some translation before i leave to go back to campus today --- sorry for not doing them last night .. i was so so tired :(

moofangz810

sarNie Egg
Thanks Cecilia, for taking the effort to translate for us. :D
But don't you think being able to spend a lifetime together with your loved ones is better than having to spend a lifetime alone?
I don't know... I just feel thatn I rather have Koburi alive than being dead... :( My heart sank whenever i think of Koburi dying....
I don't want that kind of ending....

NdA

1023er ^^:BieNa :^^
Even if Kobori exist and didn't let the German go, Japan would still lose the war.
I'm sorry moonstar, I need to corrected your comment...actually that British's Army not German because German & Japan was an ally during WWII..

cecilia

Staff member
moofangz810 said:
Thanks Cecilia, for taking the effort to translate for us. :D
But don't you think being able to spend a lifetime together with your loved ones is better than having to spend a lifetime alone?
I don't know... I just feel thatn I rather have Koburi alive than being dead... :( My heart sank whenever i think of Koburi dying....
I don't want that kind of ending....
If he recovered from that awful fall and lost one of his sign or impair for the rest of his life, it's better that he leave like the way it was before.

I think he felt sad b/c she didn't look so well for the past days .. so he made one for her to have it as a concern on his part.

cecilia

Staff member
In the kitchen:
Kobori: Hideko, are you alright?

Ang sat in silence. Kobori reached in to touch her hand to stop her and touched her face. He said, "You're not sick but your face looks pale. Is it b/c you're too tired?"

Ang remained silence.

Kobori: "I saw the basket by the dock this morning, please don't take my clothes to wash.  It's too heavy.  Just leave it there.  I'll take it to the soldiers to wash it at the base."

Ang got up to put the two plates of meat away in the cupboard and walked away.  Kobori got up on time to stop her.

Kobori: "What happened, Hideko?"

Ang's tears rolled down as Kobori turned her around. He wiped them away and said, "Something must has happened to make you cry like this."

Kobori pulled her into his arm and said, "Hideko, please tell me. Are you tired or bore of welcoming the guest?"

Ang: "No."

Kobori: "Do you know what those men said to me earlier?  They said that if all Thai women are like you, the Japanese soldiers will not return home for sure (as in Japan)." He then gave her a kiss on her head :wub:

Ang: "But you have to return to your country, right?"

Kobori broke away from the hug and asked, "You want me to return?"

Ang continued to cry and said, "Kobori, when the war end (in peace), the person who are separate (from their family) will return home." This hit him hard on the chest as he understood what she said.

Kobori: "If your person come back then I'll let you free.  I've never thought that up to this point you still want it that much."

Kobori walked away to stand by the door.  Ang followed him and continued, "If you keep your promise ... I'll give you a promise."

Kobori: I don't want it.

Ang: But I'll give it to you ... during the time you're here .. i won't be your enemy until I ask for my freedom.

Kobori: Next week, the day after tomorrow or tomorrow?

Ang: It's not that quick.

Kobori took a deep sigh and added, "A tradeoff for a temporary happiness and freedom ... "

Ang: Well ...

Kobori: Agree!

Ang's surprised.

Kobori: For my temporary happiness and your freedom.  Actually, you don't need to do that for a promise.  Do you think that a soldier's life will last long til the war end?  Don't you worry that you'll be bind to me for the rest of your life.  Don't you be scare that you'll get to live with the things that you hate the most for the rest of your life. "

These words her deeply .. she couldn't hold on her tears anymore .. they're about to burst out T_T

Kobori: If your freedom is my death .. you'll certainly get it.

Ang: It's not ... I just ...

Kobori walked away refusing to listen to her explaination ... Ang's tears fell down in pain T_T

cecilia

Staff member
In their bedroom:

Ang walked in with a cup on her hand --- she sat it down on his table and said, "Coffee."

Kobori: Thank you

Ang took out his pencils from the holder and said, "I'll sharpen these for you."

Still upset from earlier, Kobori added, "It's unnecessary.  I can do it myself."

Ang continued, "It's alright," and got up.

Frustrated, he pulled her down to sit on the floor.

Kobori: Why are you upset at me?

Ang: No!

Kobori: But I know that you're upset at me.

She tried to swing free from his grip but instead he pulled her down and fell onto him.  She tried to get up and away from him but got pulled back to settle back in her original place on his lap.

Kobori: You're upset at me b/c of what happened this evening, right?

Ang tried to get up again but he pulled her in tighter. He added, "You knew it well why I said that.  Never mind it, forget what happened.  I promised you already ... and you also promised for a trade off with me.  I'll try my best to not think of the future other than today, this moment when we live happily together until you ... please let me fulfill my promise.  Agree?

Ang tried to break away again ... but got stop by him again. He said, "Don't cheat me. You promised me already.  If you cheat then I'll cheat too."

She looked at him in surprise as he tried to kiss her.  She moved her face away and closed her eyes. Upon seeing this .. he moved toward her shoulder and gave her a kiss there instead.

He continued, "Hideko, I love you. Regardless of what happened, I still love you. If I were to be torture for loving someone wholeheartedly then I'll be more than happy to do so.  Even though our happiness only last a little, but I asked to add more into it to make it worth the pain. By then .. I can remind myself of these moments to ease my heart that I once know how love is like. I'm happy to trade off my promise with you, Hideko."

Ang: Agree ... One day .. I'll let you know why I asked this promise from you.

Kobori: Don't, Hideko.  The more you try to explain the more it'll hurt you and I.  You have your reasons, I have my heart and that's enough.  If I die, I'll take this love of my along with me.  But you might suffered a little more b/c you have to explain to your person to understand.  However, if I'm him and get only your love then everything else don't matter to me."

Ang was touched by his words of love -- I LOVE YOU, KOBOBIE :p

Kobori: Let's not talk about this problem, agree?

He pulled her hand to kiss :wub:

Ang added, "Good. Well then .. let me sharpen these pencils for you."

Kobori changed the subject to ask about his MIL of her whereabouts.

cecilia

Staff member
Ang brought the sharpened pencils back into their room and put them in the holder.
Ang: Here it is.

Kobori smiled at her and said, "If you have things to do then go ahead and finish it .. Or if you're tired, you can go to bed first.  Don't worry about me."

Ang answered, "Yes,' but remained on her spot.  She looked on as he took out a new pencil to continue with his boat sketch.

She continued to watch her handsome husband draw ... Kobor soon noticed this and smiled.

He asked, "How's my skills .. is it usable?"

Ang looked on and asked, "What kind of lines are there .. why so many? Is this a boat or something else?"

*She's flirting with him :wub:

Kobori smiled and answered, "Of course .. it's a boat .. a [some type of name] boat."

The two continued to look on .. Ang continued to flirt w/her husband. She took noticed of the coffee cup and asked him,"Kore wa Nihon-go de nan desu ka" (Meaning: How do you say this in Japanese)

Kobori answered, "Koohii" (Meaning: Coffee)

Kobori smiled and compliment her Japanese, "You spoke Japanese well."

Ang answered, "Tanoshii desu.  Watashi wa wakaranai." (Meaming: It's fun. I don't understand.

Kobori continued, "It's alright. I can teach you."

She smiled and looked away.  Kobori turned to pay his attention at her and said, "There's one phrase ... that you should know how to say it first ... "

Ang gave him a surprise look as she knew what phrase he is referring too {I love you too!}

Kobori: The phrase is ...

Ang gulped slowly and move away from him as he leaned forward to whisper in her ear.

Kobori looked on the shy Ang.  Thanks to the loud knock outside, Ang got away as an excuse, "Oi, someone's here."

Kobori turned around to tell her, "Wait a minute. Listen first. It's an easy phrase. It's not hard at all."

Ang turned around and answered, "Keep it to yourself to talk about it."

Kobori gave a chuckle and said out loud, "I'll teach you next time."

He turned back to drink his coffee at the same time Ang popped the door open and said, "iidesu." (Meaning: Good or fine).

This was going to make him choke -- choke of happiness.

I want to translate a lot more than this .. but will pick only the most anticipated scene to translate na.

Kobori returned from his bath and sneak into her sleep area to pull the blanket to cover her bare shoulder.

She felt his presence and woke up ... and pulled the blanket tightly back to her chin.

Kobori: I saw you sleep so i came in to cover you with the blanket.

Ang: Ok

Kobori: Please rest. The weather is getting cold.  Continue to sleep.

Ang: Are yo done with work?

Kobori: Not yet .. but it's late so I was going to sleep .. but saw that you're without blanket. 

Kobori laid down next to her .. the nervous Ang asked, 'What time is it now?'

Kobori: i don't know .. all i know is that it's late.

Ang: well then .. you can go to sleep now.

Kobori: Exactly, I was going to say that too.

He laid on his hand next to her and closed his eyes.

Ang: Your sleep area is over there.

Kobori: It's alright.

Ang: But I think ...

Kobori pulled her back onto the bed as she tried to get up.

Kobori: Please sleep .. don't worry about me.

Ang: I'm not worry about you.  I just ..

Kobori: Why? It's alright .. whether I sleep over there or here .. I'm still close to you.

Ang: But your sleep place is over there .. not here.

Kobori: But there's no blanket over there.

Ang: There is. I put it there myself.

Kobori: Where? {He's such a trickster -- lol}

Ang got up and started crawling to his place to grab the blanket, "Here it is."

Kobori sneaked from behind and pulled her onto his futon and cuddled her tightly ..

Ang: Here is your blanket.

Kobori: Oh, there really was one (lol :wub:)

Ang: Well then you should go to bed now.

Kobori: That's right. i should go to sleep now.

Ang continued to struggle to get away from him but he won't let go.

Ang: Let go. I'm going to sleep over there.

Kobori: No, you came to sleep here yourself (lol - he blamed her).  I slept there for a little bit and yet you complain about me but you can sleep on this whole futon b/c I'm kind and only asked for a little space to sleep on. Go to sleep. 

*beautiful music came on again -- in love lol

Kobori moved toward her and whispered, "rest now."

Ang turned to look at the sleeping Kobori and moved his hand from her side.  She tried to get up but he pulled her back quickly to cuddle. He told her, "All soldiers can sense quickly ... please don't get away from me." He got up and kissed her once more :wub:
Next morning:

Ang got up first and looked at the sleeping Kobori with admiration.

She noticed that he got up and tried to get away .. only to get pulled back to the futon to be in his arm again :wub: (i want to stop time too)

He asked, "Where are you getting up to?"

Ang: To prepared food

Kobori: Why so early in the morning.

Ang: Well .. for morning prayer (alms to the monk), to eat. You must eat in the morning too. 

Kobori: It's okay if I don't eat (hahaha - Kobori -- i want to stop time for him)

Ang: But other people will need to eat.

Kobori: Let them be

He pulled her closer ..

Kobori: Let's continue to talk .. i haven't have time to talk to you nicely.  in case i go somewhere in the future, lay looking at the sky like this .. i can remember this moment ... the day you sleep on my arm closely by me.

Ang: But this is not part of the promise.

Kobori: If there's none then add them into it. (HAHAHA .. this man .. is too cute!)

Ang: You

He remained silence.

Ang: From now on .. don't add anymore into the promise. Agree?

Kobori: It depends if you want to give me happiness or not.

He leaned toward her and gave her a forehead kiss .. then pulled her to his arm.  Ang looked on at her handsome husband and start reciting this poem (i have no clue - but it's some romantic love poem)

Kobori: What did you just said?  It sounds so good.

Ang: It's a poem talking about the beautiful sky in comparison to human (our) love.  

Kobori: Like the way I love you, right? Hideko.

--- This bed scene really is my new favorite part as well ..

I'll come back to translate more scene later .. have to leave to campus (4 hours drive from visiting my parent) so i'll see you ladies tonight -- hope these will do for now :p

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Thanks ceci for the translation. Honestly, no matter how sad the ending is, I would rather see him die instead of suffering such pain and for them both to carry such a burden....no matter how much I don't want him to die either. Heck, it's better if he doesn't die at all! Or get hurt! 555
Anyways, the bedroom and kitchen scene. So much love and bitterness going on. Sigh. It's one of those moments when you wish Kobori would listen to Ang regardless....instead of walking away on her. And I wish she wasn't so slow and stupid. Gosh. This lakorn is starting to really piss me off no matter how much I love it....just thinking about it. lol but of course I still love and adore it. Hehe ;)

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
Koo Kum is ending soon because they just finish filming it, but I don't think it's ending next week. I think Koo Kum might end the week after next week or the week after that. Looking at the pictures of Kobori and Vanus together is making me sad and depress, I don't want Kobori to suffer and get hurt, it's just so pitiful for him. I don't think the screenwriter is going to change the ending because in this show called nok rob the screenwriter was talking a little bit about the timeline of the lakorn and on March 5th, 1940 is when Kobori dies. Thinking about that is super depressing, sad, tragic, and pitiful (just wish they would change the ending).