[Ch3] Samee (Maker J)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
fun said:
Sweetie-Dara I don't think you are the only one who thought episode 1 wasn't that great. I definitely was not impressed. There are some changes that I like and a lot that I dislike. It is a remake, things are bound to change but my problem is the change for the better or for the worse. So far, I haven't come to a conclusion. Will probably wait til the end of the lakorn to make a final judgment on that.

Samee is not a favorite lakorn of mine and I was not a fan of Joy and Pol version but I didn't hate it either. I had always find Rasika name Ai to be ironic lol Ai sounds too Chinese and the fact that she despise Chinese, her name happens to resemble the Chinese term "ai".

Anyways I really like Pream as Rasika. She has that arrogant cold attitude down. I like her posture when she gets boiled up, but some people find it cringe worthy or too stiff. When I get angry that is just how I am so I applaud Pream. I don't see how her expression are forced but then again everyone opinions differ.

The changes that I didn't like. The addition of Khun Linda, Ram "sickness/illness", a suppose son of Rarp and annoying cousin issues. I really like the older Ram lol but here I just don't like him at all. It's not Alex fault, it is how his character is written.

I didnt follow on who was in here except for Pream and Great so It was surprising to see Alex playig Ram and Mint N playing Ronglai. I expected someone more bitchier in terms of looks for Ronglai.

Oh another thing, there was more Rarb siblings in the older version or have they not all appeared yet? I know they werent important but I liked his selfish sisters and brother in laws but they were not malicious like the couple in this version.

I think all the siblings appeared so far cause he only had 3 other sisters and their husbands. I think the husbands haven't appeared yet. I agree the sisters in the old version were selfish and greedy but not malicious and they didn't have much to do in terms of the storyline. I think they will get more scenes in this version :S as if the old one didn't have enough drama lol. They are adding soo much drama to this one. 1. The attempt to kill Ying Ai, 2. The Siblings and their drama, 3. Ram and his sickness 4. The cousin who is in love with Ying Ai.... all of this on top of the original drama lol like Ram trying to overthrow Rap, Srisopa and her plan of revenge against Ying Ai, and Sagan and his love for Ying Ai, then Ai's ex boyfriend -.- 

madlena1990

sarNie Hatchling
anyone else care to describe their fave scene till now? we have to occupy ourselves with something for Wednesday to come faster!

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
Well, my favorite has to be when Rarb was taking care of Ai in the bathroom, when Rarb says he wants to be worried, and he leans into her! :) 
And when Ai says that Rarb was dirty and Rarb says how dirty he'll be when he's her husband. :) I wished I was Preem, when she was about to slap Great and he held her wrist and pulled her closer! Preem is so lucky to have cute Great as her main guy. It's so sad. :(  

dchick81

sarNie Egg
I have more than one favorite scene from each episode, lol. First off, I forgot to mention how great the directing, editing and cinematography is for Samee. I really, really like the colors and it was shown off the bat in the first episode when Ai and Rarb are driving- when the split screen is shown. The visuals and colors set the tone of the environment/world of the drama and personally I think that's also important next to the writing, directing and acting. For some reason I even really like the black and white flashing end act scenes. To be honest, most of the lakorns I find that are beautifully filmed are usually ones set during another era whereas lakorns set in the modern times don't really capture my eyes (visual wise I mean). So I honestly was surprised with Samee when I watched the first scene and I can't wait to see how everything else will be captured.

Anyhoo...favorite scenes and moments. Whenever Rarb stares at Ai- like whew :spicy: Whether it be worrying about her, amused by her, challenging her, admiring her or "damn you are so beautiful" lol. Even when others mention her name, he is all smiles- gah so cute! On the flip side, I love Ai's expressions especially when she is annoyed with Rarb or confused with his actions (she looks at him as if he grew two heads, lol).

The more I re-watch the episodes, the more I like Rarb's dad. I feel like he not only sees Ai as a future daughter-in-law, but also a daughter because he tends to treat her like his kids too. He is understanding yet he knows when he needs to be tough with her, but you do realize it's all for her sake. I also like the scenes between Rarb and his dad- I feel like they are not only father and son but they also have this friend/ally relationship.

Every single scene with Ai and Rarb in episode 2. The talk at the hospital after she faints- I know he is warning her, but gah his stares. When they eat at the restaurant and how he asks if it's about time she should change her last name too. I love how he apologizes right after she gets burned because he knows she got distracted with what he was saying. When he is tending her wound and trying to get close to her and she doesn't believe him at all- her facial expressions crack me up compared to his. How happy Rarb gets when he realizes he has a chance with Ai and suggests to his father that he marry her. The scene after Ai finds out that she is marrying Rarb instead of Ram and was I the only one who had dirty thoughts when he said after they marry Ai will really find out if he is dirty or not? I guess he meant he will prove to her that he isn't the way she thinks he is or was it what I thought....lol. And then their scenes when she is packing and when they go to the hospital after nanny faints.

Not a favorite scene or anything, but I do wonder if Ram has actual issues or if it happened because of the way his mom treats him (and probably did while he was growing up) and because well...she is screwy too.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
I love that part when Great worries about Preem at the hospital, so cute! :) And when he suggests about the marriage, you could so tell Great wanted to marry Preem. :) 
You dchick81, write so much! I like your comments. :)

dchick81

sarNie Egg
missstaceythao said:
You dchick81, write so much! I like your comments. :)

Hehe, sorry. It's funny because in my journalism classes, my professors say I am sometimes too detail-oriented :p Guess I tend to do that with anything I write, lol. And thanks :)

Can't wait for episode 3!

icebe

sarNie Hatchling
I think the 1. episode was awesome, reading your comments I expected a lot worse o.0 but I really enjoyed it, especially Preem's acting and the fact that our Praek's already been in love with the Nangek.

Off topic, but it concerns Preem:

Her and Bella's Sunsilk Commercial Mini Series. They went to Kenya for this. Hope the clip hasn't been shared yet.

soudalath

sarNie Egg
I don't like how they change larb's character. The original version he wasn't suppose to care about people as much other than when it comes down to Khun Ying Ai and people would listen to him more because he is like the head of the family other than his father. The new version they make pa'ek kind like play too much don't even look that serious and it looks like his brother and sister don't listen that much. I like the original pa'ek character more even though he doesn't show much emotion but his character where he change for nang ek is romantic. I do like Great but they shouldn't change his character that much.

madlena1990

sarNie Hatchling
i think that it's better that they changed a lot of things from the first Samee.. otherwise it would be the same and there wouldn't be any reason for this samee to exist! Grate and his acting succeeded in giving Rarb a different vibe and a different approach! for me that is good acting, because he didnt copy Pol and gave the character a warmth that only Grate can give! So I watch this lakorn as a new lakorn, not a remake. And i am liking it more!

hsdsfan

sarNie Hatchling
I think it's better to watch a few more episodes and then fully judge whether we like the new changes or not. Sometimes, they add them for a good reason and perhaps this is just a way for us to warm up to the lakorn before the heavy drama starts. I was never really a big fan of the older version so I actually like that we're seeing a different approach to most of the characters. Here, we're given a much more vulnerable and emotional side of Ai and a more playful Rab which I enjoy a lot more. Preem is doing a fantastic job with her portrayal and I couldn't be more thankful that she's the lead here and not Kimberley. This character is really helping her to polish her acting skills. 

cecilia

Staff member
I'm excited .. too bad, i have class .. will not be able to catch it until later in the afternoon .. by then i hope Viki has it up so that when i'm done i can watch and sub it at the same time.