[Ch3] Dao Kiang Deun (Broadcast Thai)

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Translated Synopsis from Kapook
Darika (Namtarn) is the granddaughter of a funeral director.  She is a strong hearted and independent young woman who seeks money as her main refuge. Fate just so happens to have her stumbling head over heels when she meets Prajan, a successful man of perfect background and qualities.  We find ourselves here again as we return for part two of Dao Kien Duen.

The story begins with Darika, a 23 year old woman whose grandfather is a funeral director.  Thuwaiwanjak  Phuttan(I think he's a guy lol), Darika’s best friend, has to go on a business trip for his job.  He asked her to look after his condo. Darika does not hesitate and agrees because this is the only time in her life where she gets to stay in a luxurious place compared to her low monthly rented room that she had rented out since she attended college. In addition, the condo is close to her work place which is even more convenient for her. She can save money from traveling expenses and use it for other things. Darika really loves her job because she gets paid well. It makes her happy to be able to fend for herself and not rely on a man.

Darika doesn’t take interest in men because she’s afraid that she will experience a failed marriage like her mother’s.  Her mother isn’t a very good person because 30 years ago, she fell in love with a police officer and eloped with him, leaving her father to be heartbroken in embarrassment.  After a while, his true colors showed and he began to cheat on her.  Her mother couldn’t take it anymore and decided to divorce him. She returned back to her father carrying Darika along with her.

Darika grew up poor.  Her house is made from wood taken from a casket. This resulted in her not having any friends come over because they’re afraid of ghosts. However, this optimistic young girl is not ashamed but instead proud of her home.  She thinks it’s unique and very chic in design. Her poor status taught Darika the value of money ever since she was little.

Darika spent a couple days at the condo then had to go back to Warang. Her boss is busy preparing for the 50th anniversary since the company’s opening. Mom Luang Chankaan Thatsanai (Ken) is the head leader. He’s a young man of high status who has graduated with his master’s degree from Harvard at only 26 years of age. He’s the beloved child of Khun Dararai, a reputable and well known person in society. Chan Thatsanai is a charming and famous businessman. Chan is a very formal person who cares a lot about organization. His clothes has to be arranged by the right shades of color.

His father gave him time to study and learn about the company for 2 years. After that, he has to accept the position after him and look after the family’s business. Darika currently works at his company and they will eventually cross path. How will the rest of the story play out? You'll have to wait and see because this is all I can translate for now due to my busy schedule with schooling. The article has spoilers so I don't want to spoil it for myself by translating too much. Plus, some words are too confusing for me to figure out. Lol. Hope this helps to temporarily ease your anticipation :)

yaksoh

sarNie Juvenile
oh, so this season 2 has nothing to do or relate to season one at all?
oh well.
let's hope this whole different and kind of similar lakorn turns out good.
to tell the truth, i was disappointed in season one in some ways, but it had a good ending.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
Mahalo; THANK YOU SO MUCH! XD But yes, if possible, I would like to read Phet and Toey's role as well. :) 

This makes me so much more excited! I really hope this lakorn comes out this year. xD <3 

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Mahalo, I can not thank you enough for translating for us. I know how hard and time consuming it must be but thank you.
Your translations are greatly appreciated :)
I'm liking the storyline and Namtarn seems like such a strong young woman. I have a feeling I'll fall in love with her character, hehe :D

hazelsky

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks Mahalo for the translation!

I saw a few clips back and recall a scene where Darika (Namtarn) encounters Chan (Ken) and Vivi (Phet), in what looks like a condo. I'm guessing that's the part where she's residing at her friend's place.  I saw a few other clips and Darika assumes the two are gay since they live together, shop together and happen to do everything else together LOL.  I will wait patiently to see how this plays out. :dance1:

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Normally, it wouldn't be a problem for me to translate since most of the synopsis has basic words that I can make out. But this one is a little more difficult. Phet and Toey's character is some where in there. I'll try to find them. Lol. I'm not Thai and don't read and write Thai so it takes a while for me to use my translator to make out the words into English writing. However, I do understand Thai so all I need is for the pronunciation of the words to be written out in English.

And yes, I read up to where Ken went to chill in a room near Namtarn's friend condo with his male assistant because he was overwhelmed from planning the event. Namtarm openly expressed how supportive she was of gay relationships and gave them the green light. Haha. At the event, she mistakens Ken as one of the workers. She assumed he was just some random worker who was really handsome but didn't suspect him to be her boss. So she made him perform for the event. In one of the pictures I posted, Ken had like costume on? He actually flies around  on a wire at the event. When his mom saw, she fainted. And that's when Darika knew he was Chan because she got in trouble by his mother afterwards for letting her son "swing around like a monkey." But the whole time she was ordering Chan to do stuff, he found her to be cute.  

Maybe her friend is a girl after all. Sorry for my translation guys. I was in a rush. Kind of sloppy. 

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks a BUNCH Mahalo! I find this version to be even more interesting! It's okay if it takes you a while. You're doing a great job for someone who cannot read and write Thai.

I kind of don't understand why they called this one Dao Kien Duan 2 though if it doesn't really relate to Part 1? Well, Still excited! *crossing fingers* It will come out this year.

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
Before heading off to bed, just wanted to share some photos...these stills makes me want to watch the lakorn so badly.

Photos credit: kamqoo@IG, p_namtarn@IG, & lekcostume@IG

hazelsky

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks Leemyis for sharing such adorable stills of the two pairings!

Mahalo, your hard work is greatly appreciated. :D  I love that Namtarn's character is giving them the green light. Haha. I have a feeling I might even ship Ken with Phet LOL.  I find it adorable how Chan thinks Darika is cute even though she's bossy.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Thank you Leemyis for sharing the photos.
Gah, I love the pictures of them all together. They are such a fun, good looking crew!!  :heart: 

Ntsuab-Ci

Mahalo; You're already great enough for translating to us. <3 Once again, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! You're amazing! Especially since you don't read nor write in thai. So cool. *__*

Leemyis; Thanks so much for the photos. <3 

Hazel; Omg, I think I might ship Ken and Phet too! LOL. They're already so cute. They do everything together, lol. <3 I also find it cute how Ken thinks Namtarn is cute when she's bossy. Hehe. I can already see Ken smiling at her and doing as told while she's bossing him around, hahahahaha.

So, Phet's name is Vivi huh. Just found out. Am I late... .__. 

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
@Janajelly1, Thank you for sharing the clip. Ken is so cute acting all shy after Namtarn kissed his cheek. Looks like the leads are having so much fun on and off screen. :D

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Janajelly1: Thank you for sharing.
Aww, love how you captured the scene of Namtarn kissing Ken's cheek. They're too adorable  :spin:
I am loving this cast so much. 

Ntsuab-Ci

I'm so happy to see more pictures/videos (mostly pictures) of them! It'll help me be a bit more patient. Even though there is no such thing as patients for this lakorn, lol. BUT yeye. 

Amelie3

sarNie Egg
nguco19892012 said:

I want to die with this pic.
when play with the kids Namtarn kiss Ken on the cheek. And see his reaction make me want to shout outloud: AAAAAAAAAAA. Please love each other baby! You're so adoreable.
form this vid for someone want to rep again and again like me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYRAnYvoPuk&feature=youtu.be
P/s: can someone trans what they said on this vid.

Thank you for sharing this cute clip. I added it on our Viki-channel for this lakorn and timed it, so that some fellow fans who speak Thai and English can just fill in the lines. I guess it's much easier than subbing it offline.

You just have to go there: http://subber.viki.com/translations/1032687

And then you watch the clip and type in the words into the segments on the right. Have fun!