[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
From what we went over today, I'm already ahead of the game comprehension-wise. I could understand her and the TA's conversations :risas3: Speaking's hard though, the tones are weird for me as an English speaker. We also learned seven of the 44 consonants and I couldn't help but be reminded of Date's dad and the Jindamanee(?) :icon12: I love being able to ask my professor questions, I asked her what "dtua" is and she said it's a pronoun, usually used as "I myself" sort of thing, but it can also be used for "you."

Oh and the TA told me why Thai people put "5555" on their comments! I could never get it. It's because 5 is "ha", so it's their way of saying "hahaha" :aaaaa: I'm so happy he told me, I've been wondering for so long...
Thanks for the 5555 !! Now I don't wonder

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
From what we went over today, I'm already ahead of the game comprehension-wise. I could understand her and the TA's conversations :risas3: Speaking's hard though, the tones are weird for me as an English speaker. We also learned seven of the 44 consonants and I couldn't help but be reminded of Date's dad and the Jindamanee(?) :icon12: I love being able to ask my professor questions, I asked her what "dtua" is and she said it's a pronoun, usually used as "I myself" sort of thing, but it can also be used for "you."

Oh and the TA told me why Thai people put "5555" on their comments! I could never get it. It's because 5 is "ha", so it's their way of saying "hahaha" :aaaaa: I'm so happy he told me, I've been wondering for so long...

The professor has us referring to ourselves as "dichan" (for girls, obviously), but it's weird for me because I'm used to "chan." I understand why, she wants us to learn formal first
Is your professor looking at you with "Is she really learning an extra language or keen because she's a lakorn Queen? Wonder what she'll say if I say I'm so into this movie called Bhuppae Sunniwaat, and following this awesome thread but too shy to say I actually would like to be samee wifery #50?"

We have to wait one day she takes you for coffee & croissants and ask you this question ok. For now please learn extra hard! Oh I so love this gang!!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

The professor has us referring to ourselves as "dichan" (for girls, obviously), but it's weird for me because I'm used to "chan." I understand why, she wants us to learn formal first
Hahaha. I always thought 555 was like high five times how ever many 5's there are!

lamchieu

sarNie Adult

I got the same question until I learnt the numbers. I could interact a little bit with Thai in my trip. I could understand and answer some simple questions until they treated me like Thai and I freaked out in English 5555

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
Is your professor looking at you with "Is she really learning an extra language or keen because she's a lakorn Queen? Wonder what she'll say if I say I'm so into this movie called Bhuppae Sunniwaat, and following this awesome thread but too shy to say I actually would like to be samee wifery #50?"

We have to wait one day she takes you for coffee & croissants and ask you this question ok. For now please learn extra hard! Oh I so love this gang!!
Mai roo ka, but that'd be hilarious :risas3: I doubt it, though. I did say I liked to watch their entertainment, which was part of the reason I'm interested in learning the language :risas3:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
You guys jumped 2 pages since I was away!

I'm using Google Translate app and installed Thai keyboard on my phone, so I can type the words to translate it. So far so good and it's free lol :thumbup:
I don't really trust google translate because I used it in my Malay class once and the result was hilarious.My friends and I started playing with it while the teacher was teaching us more vocabulary words:p

@Rachfull Thanks to you,I'm sure many of us are feeling inspired and motivated to learn Thai.Thanks for sharing with us what you learnt in class.Can you share with us often?:angel10::icon12::)
I hope the new lakorn they're going to star in has a good plot. I worry since she NJ doesn't really do drama well but the script that Pope got,he said it's romance drama style.I guess there's bound to be the 'drama' part,I hope it's done well...

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Yes @phatman, as soon as the samee plays a lawyer, you become interested in lawyers...:rolleyes:
Let's hope he's a shirtless lawyer :naughty2::coleman:
In movie Working Girl with Melanie Griffith, I wish I can find the scene where Harrison Ford changed his shirt in the office, and beyond the glass walls all the secretaries were watching him. Pope can do this!! He used the water from the rose vase to wet his arms!!

Amata

sarNie Hatchling
Awe. Those are some cute scenes. I don't know word for word but I do understand overall.

Scene 1: Suer (I believe that's his name haha) is apologizing to Mook for not listening to her. And Mook is apologizing to Suer for not telling him the truth from the start. If she had they wouldn't have had the misunderstanding (whatever the misunderstanding was haha). He promises to listen to her and she promises to not hide anything.

Scene 2: She tells him that she doesn't feel important as she does not know how to work and doesn't know anyone. She is of no help to him and feels useless. He assures her that she is worth a lot! Even though she doesn't know how to work that's not as important as her just being her.
@Rosi @phatman
some conversation on Video 2

This is what they talked after Mook said she was of no help to him and felt useless.

Suer : Who say you don’t help me. Without you, Khun Petch would not have had encouragement to apply as representative. For me (without you) I might have been happy just being an owner of a fish shop or a small food shop not becoming what I am today.

Mook : It is not the same. That is just moral support but this is really a work that I have to do.

Suer : Giving moral support is the most important thing. Because of you, I have courage to do everything. You might not like social events or you have no knowledge of politics but that is not a bad thing. You have a hundred, a thousand of good things that no one else has. So why you have to take your own weakness compared to the strengths of others to makes yourself tense.

There are many people jealous of you wanting to give me moral support.

Mook : You are so into yourself.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Found this from page 418 - so handsome......

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhNudK7BtTn/
He stared deep into my soul.

@Rosi @phatman
some conversation on Video 2

This is what they talked after Mook said she was of no help to him and felt useless.

Suer : Who say you don’t help me. Without you, Khun Petch would not have had encouragement to apply as representative. For me (without you) I might have been happy just being an owner of a fish shop or a small food shop not becoming what I am today.

Mook : It is not the same. That is just moral support but this is really a work that I have to do.

Suer : Giving moral support is the most important thing. Because of you, I have courage to do everything. You might not like social events or you have no knowledge of politics but that is not a bad thing. You have a hundred, a thousand of good things that no one else has. So why you have to take your own weakness compared to the strengths of others to makes yourself tense.

There are many people jealous of you wanting to give me moral support.

Mook : You are so into yourself.
Thanks for the details again!!!