[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

So I’m rewatching the make out scene and realized....how does Khun P’ Por Date know how the French kiss? Is it cause he saw while he was in France? Or does he know cause a French woman taught him!!!! :mad::BangHead:

Lmao I would totally ruin the mood just to ask my man that
He said he didn't mess with anyone when he was in France so we have to believe him right?

BUT, look at who he was traveling with.....Kosa Ban who had 22 wives in Ayuttaya.... I am sure that hot man indulged in some French pleasure. ahahahaha

Por Date prob. had to witness his affairs or listen to him in France and brought it home to practice on Kade. :p

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Well hello neighbours lol Malaysian here ;)
I guess i have been watching lakorns on and off for a long time, cause i watched 4HHKK orz
Hi neighbour haha!
I would have to blame Singaporean TV for not exposing me to lakorn any earlier. I grew up with so many countries' dramas on TV, but lakorn never seemed to be an option.

So I’m rewatching the make out scene and realized....how does Khun P’ Por Date know how the French kiss? Is it cause he saw while he was in France? Or does he know cause a French woman taught him!!!! :mad::BangHead:

Lmao I would totally ruin the mood just to ask my man that
Lol! I thought he asked Kade whether she knows, and she nodded - so I was like hmmmmm she knows? :confused12:

Orangeblossom

sarNie Juvenile
I’m going to have a BPS withdrawal when it’s over. This is by far the best lakorn in the history of lakorn and the most romantic. We don’t need to see forced kisses for it to be romantic. Kade and Por Date willing kissing scene is magical and will be remembered for a long time. :icon12::p

Yeah. Christianity is used as a reason to self-justified the act of colonizing other countries, or kingdoms, but the true reasons lie behind political and economic ones. Urgh this colonization talk makes me feel down. lol
Actually colonization talks always make me mad. You can't go to someone's homeland and take what you want, make them worship what you worship and wipe out their culture as well as be their bosses, owners, or leaders.

I understand the anger and concern in this lakorn for the French because if the country falls into the foreign hands, the kings and other royals are put to death or sent to a foreign land for asylum. Who would want that?

Last edited:

Rosi

Wifey #42
Well hello neighbours lol Malaysian here ;)
I guess i have been watching lakorns on and off for a long time, cause i watched 4HHKK orz
Hi Wuzhangs, fancy that! We're close!! My immediate question is - you & Milquety - you both understand Thai? Because everyone's talking about the slow boat to China according to Khun P and it's kind of frustrating Ep 14 is no subs

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
So I was finally done catching up with this week's episodes...

On top of all the sweet moments... some really true thoughts/concerns I have (I swear I still think fondly of BPS ;v;...) : I've always had this nudging feeling of uneasiness due to the writing feeling a bit inconsequential, thus incohesive. Sometimes I feel intensely about certain episodes and very satisfied, then there are some other episodes which leaves me feeling like a something is missing - even though I've never felt bored at all for any episodes. These two episodes were more like the latter. Yes, we got kisses we got all the sweet moments....but some things (about the writing) still bother me.

Concerns aside... I find it super amusing and I like that while we see characters in their era being portrayed to be usually outwardly conservative - but when they're in private, Date can so so directly talk about love-making....and even if it employed the use of euphemism, it's still pretty bold and hot!! Yay for euphemisms! ;) I just like that we see all sides to people of the past portrayed. They were indeed raunchy too - if not raunchier... :p And every time Kade initiates a little, Date is shocked. Then it ends up with him triggered to become more brazen, lollll
I think the biggest reason for the non-cohesive episodes is the editing, mostly. The writing in itself is well done only because they had a source material to go back to. But the way some scenes have been placed has felt abrupt from the start....some scenes had no proper build up...Some scenes were cut off with no followup ..Some other scenes were build up to be important but then they fizzled out and were never went back to again. Hence the feeling we are getting that somethings missing. That's why I think if you are adapting from a book you need to know what to keep and what to omit.....the creators of this show have kind of screwed this up a bit. Some very important scenes were left out. And if you go back and read what scenes were left out you will understand those were scenes that would've created a natural narrative flow for the events in later episodes....

@bold ...Date always needs a little nudge to trigger his feelings.....and Kade will always be the one to push his limits i think.....
I was watching the kiss scene for nth time and suddenly this thought came into my head.....I wish there was a scene where Date gets upset after realizing Kade is a good kisser and finally blows up and asks Kade how she knows how to french kiss....did she practice it with that Reungrit fellow???:risas3:

@bold ...Date always needs a little nudge to trigger his feelings.....and Kade will always be the one to push his limits i think.....
I was watching the kiss scene for nth time and suddenly this thought came into my head.....I wish there was a scene where Date gets upset after realizing Kade is a good kisser and finally blows up and asks Kade how she knows how to french kiss....did she practice it with that Reungrit fellow???:risas3:
Remember the scene after sending the Ajarn off, where Kade was mad because Por Date told her he is NOT jealous of Reungrit? She was mad that he was not being possessive and even flipped her hair and shoulder bumped him when she stomped off. That girl. She is naughty like a kid to him and I think that's one of the reasons why he loves her so much. She can always make him not just smile but laugh.

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
What do the mag's have on the inside. I have never seen the content of this magazines before. Hahahaha. I want one now thoughh just for keepsakes.
It's a lot of information about the lakorn, like descriptions of the characters, places that they filmed and how popular the lakorn is. Then they also have a gallery of every single characters etc. It's really nice. I put them in my bathroom so you know...when I go do my business I can read it..just kidding haha
Nice! But I still like your Manee Yard Fah crossover best. Lol the Korean song throws it off. :confused12:
oh, well thank you dear! I'm really happy you liked the Manee Yard Fah one. The korean song is beautiful and emotional but maybe just a bit weird at first w/ the lakorn? lol
Agree! @pangiaxiong your crossover looked sooo real! I have watched it a few times already. Hahaha.
THANK YOU MA'AM!:icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12:

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
I’m going to have a BPS withdrawal when it’s over. This is by far the best lakorn in the history of lakorn and the most romantic. We don’t need to see forced kisses for it to be romantic. Kade and Por Date willing kissing scene is magical and will be remembered for a long time. :icon12::p
Count me in too. I'll probably stop watching anything for at least 2 months before I get back to dramaland. Then I'll probably just watch Chinese or Korean...no thai lakorn for a while b/c the impact of BPS is just too much.

I am officially in love with Bell's booty. It's so perfect. LOL
I paused at 3:31 to watch her touch her Por Date but I can't take my eyes away from her booty. OMG.

This girl is going to make me go to temple to do merits like in BPS for good karma and now adding to go to the gym to do squats. :risas3::risas3::risas3:

Last edited:

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Hi Wuzhangs, fancy that! We're close!! My immediate question is - you & Milquety - you both understand Thai? Because everyone's talking about the slow boat to China according to Khun P and it's kind of frustrating Ep 14 is no subs
Nope I don't

I think the biggest reason for the non-cohesive episodes is the editing, mostly. The writing in itself is well done only because they had a source material to go back to. But the way some scenes have been placed has felt abrupt from the start....some scenes had no proper build up...Some scenes were cut off with no followup ..Some other scenes were build up to be important but then they fizzled out and were never went back to again. Hence the feeling we are getting that somethings missing. That's why I think if you are adapting from a book you need to know what to keep and what to omit.....the creators of this show have kind of screwed this up a bit. Some very important scenes were left out. And if you go back and read what scenes were left out you will understand those were scenes that would've created a natural narrative flow for the events in later episodes....

Yeaaah there are definitely a lot of time jumps! But I'm aware that the time jumps are not exactly why I find the storywriting incohesive. I actually appreciated that we had time jumps because it cuts us a lot of time, and get us straight to the point where we really need - because I'm super impatient so I think it was also a good contributing factor why I never really got bored/restless with this drama :risas3: I think they still controlled there at within an acceptable extent though I have to agree it's a bit of a big jump for most of them!

What I meant by incohesive is really more in terms of the storywriting, at least what I feel personally. While editing plays a part in storytelling, it's still based a lot on the writing. It's true that they have a strong source material to work on - but I also believe that writing for adaptations is a whole different art on its own. Bad writers are still bad writers when they have strong source material to adapt from because they can't translate it to script for a visual medium - I've seen so many screwed up gloriously even with strong source material.

Of course, even though BPS is still far from screwing up - they've done some good job, but it's still a bit patchy. Like what some of you guys here who have read the book have talked about, there are a lot of depth which has been lost from the book as well. And possibly due to the nature of the story's message/concept itself - it feels like everything is already destined and fixed - so whatever the characters do, it feels like they're inconsequential. They have problems (mostly the history parts) but the point was also that they can't change history - so you don't really actually have a problem. And that goes against how stories are traditionally driven by problems and changes. Maybe there's a lack of an overarching problem which its outcome is determined by the actions of the characters. Also, there are strange flaws in writings like what @Dearest mentioned about Karakade's behaviour.

Not intending to nitpick here, of course. But since we're on the topic, I delved a little deeper. :) (And of course, we're all here because we are fond of the drama and thus reading so much into things~)

Hahahah!! Weeeell he needs to know Reungrit is essentially him so how could he be jealous of himself ;):risas3: