[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
Grrr.....should I listen or not?!?! Hahaha. I want to so bad, but I also want the moment I hear the song to be just like the moment when I heard the guy version in the lakorn! Haha.

Alright. I'm going to save it. Haha. Thanks for the offer though. I much appreciate it!
Lol...welcome dear. The question u asked Jeanie about the ending part of Ice's song. Can be heard in the full version.:naughty2:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Louis' character is hard to watch cause the dude is all drama all the time. But this lakorn has been 90% comedy. There's a serious disconnect. Even the real political figures like Got's character get some down time when he's around Kade. There's a certain charm to these proper serious characters being amused with Kade's goofiness.

Then there's Constantin that Kade doesn't like and he can't stand her either. He doesn't seem to like anyone, not even his wife. I think he loves her but he doesn't like her. Who wants to watch such a drip?
Agree.
I was quite surprised at how Por Duer reacted to Kadesurang's energy despite him having that serious face all the time. Btw did they ever get a formal intro to each other?? Haha.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Which lines? I've been listening to all the OST's on repeat, but I can't catch anything. Haha
The start of the chorus where it goes Fah din...
Heaven and earth can't tear us apart
Neither can different lifetimes separate us
Beacuse destiny is determined we would meet

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
I like it here and there, but to want to know more about it I'd rather save it for a different lakorn that focuses on that topic. Haha. Romance is a bad influence, it's very distracting. Hahaha.
They could have went into more depth and detail about each characters but they didn't. It's enough to get people fasciated and wanting to learn and know more about these important characters and events in history.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
In the book the real Karakade's part was very little. But when I was reading it, I got the sense that marrying Date was her life's goal because it was kinda about survival. It was the life goal of every woman during that time, to marry well cause a woman didn't have any rights. They were men's properties.

I say this because when Kade took over, there were several conversations she would have with Pin and Yam about not wanting to get married or not caring if she ever got married at all. And Pin and Yam were basically like a woman has no life or value if she doesn't get married and Karakade was approaching the "old maid" stage even though I think she was still a late teens? Can't remember if they mentioned her exact age or not.

And Date had been delaying their marriage for over a year already. Also if Date rejected her, no other good man would marry her cause she would be seen as damaged goods.

But the lakorn took out all those coversations and added in jealous in love ghost Karakade so...

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
In the book the real Karakade's part was very little. But when I was reading it, I got the sense that marrying Date was her life's goal because it was kinda about survival. It was the life goal of every woman during that time, to marry well cause a woman didn't have any rights. They were men's properties.

I say this because when Kade took over, there were several conversations she would have with Pin and Yam about not wanting to get married or not caring if she ever got married at all. And Pin and Yam were basically like a woman has no life or value if she doesn't get married and Karakade was approaching the "old maid" stage even though I think she was still a late teens? Can't remember if they mentioned her exact age or not.

And Date had been delaying their marriage for over a year already. Also if Date rejected her, no other good man would marry her cause she would be seen as damaged goods.

But the lakorn took out all those coversations and added in jealous in love ghost Karakade so...
That's a pity. It would've been nice if they left that scene. At least Por Date's dad spoke to Kade about no men wanting her.

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹

Cooool. That solidifies the narrative, gives a deeper insight to the historical social/cultural context and explains Karakade's character a little better. I also read some Chinese summaries of the novel - particularly the part in which Date told Kadesurang out of spite, after being jealous of her interactions with Reung that "wives are mere assets to her husband", and he could do anything to her - even including selling her to a brothel...... (gosh, Date.) and then Karakade was like screw ya let's not get married then, and made a rebuttal by questioning why men could have several wives.

As much as I disliked that Date could say something like this, as someone pointed out, it would eventually show how influential Kade is to Date - and for Date to understand Kade better as a person - as she would change his mindset, and how he became devoted to Kade only, highlights his love for Kade even more so. And it does make sense in the first place that he have thought that way, given the era he was born into and lives in.

I really like the conversation on cultural values and views of the two respective different time periods, arising from striking the contrast between Kade's modern thinking vs. the past's.

On the other hand though, I think the intention behind incorporating more of Karakade in the lakorn is well-intended - I feel like it would be a pity if Karakade's character is just chucked in the backseat after Kadesurang possesses her because she'll just be reduced to a plot device, when in fact her character has so much more potential. But I have yet to fully experience the result and execution of that intent - will see again by the end of the drama.

hdee

sarNie Juvenile

They should've kept that in...those conversations seem to reflect the status of women in that time period and how marriage was the only thing that seemed to define their lives.....and the desperation Karakade felt when Date kept delaying the marriage.....That then would've have been such a contrast when Kade came and said the hell with marriage...

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
They should've kept that in...those conversations seem to reflect the status of women in that time period and how marriage was the only thing that seemed to define their lives.....and the desperation Karakade felt when Date kept delaying the marriage.....That then would've have been such a contrast when Kade came and said the hell with marriage...
And it would tell more about Kadesurang as a character as well! :)

Though I think the lakorn still did incorporate some of the cultural differences as well - but if done with a strong focus would have been nice~

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
Cooool. That solidifies the narrative, gives a deeper insight to the historical social/cultural context and explains Karakade's character a little better. I also read some Chinese summaries of the novel - particularly the part in which Date told Kadesurang out of spite, after being jealous of her interactions with Reung that "wives are mere assets to her husband", and he could do anything to her - even including selling her to a brothel...... (gosh, Date.) and then Karakade was like screw ya let's not get married then, and made a rebuttal by questioning why men could have several wives.

As much as I disliked that Date could say something like this, as someone pointed out, it would eventually show how influential Kade is to Date - and for Date to understand Kade better as a person - as she would change his mindset, and how he became devoted to Kade only, highlights his love for Kade even more so. And it does make sense in the first place that he have thought that way, given the era he was born into and lives in.

I really like the conversation on cultural values and views of the two respective different time periods, arising from striking the contrast between Kade's modern thinking vs. the past's.

On the other hand though, I think the intention behind incorporating more of Karakade in the lakorn is well-intended - I feel like it would be a pity if Karakade's character is just chucked in the backseat after Kadesurang possesses her because she'll just be reduced to a plot device, when in fact her character has so much more potential. But I have yet to fully experience the result and execution of that intent - will see again by the end of the drama.
Ahhh man...I really really wish they would've kept this....it would've made Date's character seem like a jerk...but more realistic for that time period.....then his transformation for Kade would've been so much sweeter. They seem to have toned down Date's roughness....to make him more swoony and romance hero like.....instead of Kade bringing about that change...which would've been so much cooler.

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
Don't be worried. We will get conversation between Kade, Date, and his father regarding men having many wives in ep 11 if they still follow the script. His roughness gonna show there.

If everyone wanna listen, this is ep 11 script from ch3. This channel has just uploaded scripts from ep 11-15.

Last edited:

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Ahhh man...I really really wish they would've kept this....it would've made Date's character seem like a jerk...but more realistic for that time period.....then his transformation for Kade would've been so much sweeter. They seem to have toned down Date's roughness....to make him more swoony and romance hero like.....instead of Kade bringing about that change...which would've been so much cooler.
I feel like a lot of male leads (of the past) in romantic time travel dramas tend to sanitised like that. Not that I'll complain about it - as an audience just looking for lighthearted entertainment to feel my heart with happiness, I'm happy with it adhering to modern ideals despite that it may not adhere to the conventions of the times its in. (I always tell myself, maybe they just have very unconventional and independent views, ahead of their times - which is entirely possible lmao) But of course, if the story is meant to be more serious and critical in terms of highlighting and portraying the cultural differences, then a degree of realism is very much appreciated if appropriately dealt with.

Don't be worried. We will get conversation between Kade, Date, and his father regarding men having many wives in ep 11 if they still follow the script. His roughness gonna show there.

If everyone wanna listen, this is ep 11 script from ch3. This channel has just uploaded scripts from ep 11-15.

Ooh. Nice, thanks for sharing even though I can't understand the video anyway. xD

I want to see the roughness. But it needs to be properly dealt with, with acute awareness. And be acknowledged that it is problematic in its nature and merely presented as an artefact of its times, and that it has to be addressed seriously - instead of a casual passing remark. I hope Kade's response would be subversive of it and elucidate things for the people around her including Date. Hopefully it would have the effect on Date (some character development yay!).

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Lol everyone about Karakade.:risas3::clap::thumbup:
I don't mind and believe she's an important character. There's not too much of her.
And if she didn't die, Kade wouldn't have came to meet Por Date in this life.
Yam and Pin only mention a bit of Karakade's life before she moved that her surroundings weren't good.
And she's probably still around because of her karma, things she's done to others in this life and how everyone hates her and won't forgive her for her wrongdoings. She's still suffering from all the hatred and curses people feel towards her.
Even though she already died.. there's people whom still hate and cursing her to just die in hell etc.
Kade's role is to make those people love admire Karakade and forgive her for her wrongdoings.
Karakade wanted Kade to prove that she's also a good person not horrible like she's always been since she step foot into the house. But it's too late for her to do it herself. And how I see is that before she died, she realised in this life that she wasn't good to anyone even with her two personal servants whom are loyal and love her no matter what.
The man she loves will never love her.
Karakade only knew that she would marry Por Date, because his father promised her father and no matter what they would marry. That she would be his daughter in law and marry Por Date whether anyone else agree or not. That's probably why he belongs to her, only her.

Kade and Karakade were bound to be sisters in many lifes but one will die while the other lives in each life.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I hope and think Karakade is a figment of Kadesurang's imagination. Karakade was dragged to hell, hell isn't some place you can easily escape. Regardless of how much merit Kadesurang sends her, it isn't enough in her lifetime to pull Karakade out of whatever hell she is in. I feel like maybe Kadesurang is starting to fall for Date and can't accept it, so Karakde's image begins to haunt her, at least I hope this is what is going on there.