[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjuivV6jmmq/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12bc5y3c9nxbz

Killer backhug! This guy sure knows how to flirt n does it well! Pressing all the right hottt buttons :love: And then the fan went in for another front hug! :thumbup:

Hear those screams! I feel so excited just looking through the screen, imagine being there, so high!
And the Pope pillow! Don't forget the Pope pillow!

I'm gonna go cry now that I remember that I don't live in Thailand and I have no money so I'm never going to meet Pope and get a backhug from him :crybaby2:

Rosi

Wifey #42
I think I understand what you're saying... you're saying they didn't like farang because Constantine gave the farang a bad name? I think that's possible. You also have to consider the trend in European colonization that was in full swing at that time as well. Natives would've been wary of the Europeans because of that.
I read that most historians agree that Constantine's conversion to Christianity was less about his personal convictions and more of a political move.
Let me know if I misunderstood at all :)
Well, movies can distort anything as long as not straying too far from the facts, they also made Constantine's farang so unlikeable but truth is what history I picked up of this guy all pointed out the same thing - he isn't exactly what you'd call a Mr. Nice. Sleazy. Other articles try to first paint him kindly as scapegoat but slowly down they sort of compromised that he was what he was - self-serving mostly & out to get whatever he could. It's natural for the King's court & the locals too to be wary of farangs but his ways left no turning back (they're wearing "let's hate farangs forever" T-shirt).

In that scene where Constantine pushed Kosa Ban to be ambassador they were fiercely discussing trade with the Dutch & British & they seem okay with those Caucasians. They were also good with Portuguese & other Europeans & seems to accept the French in general. It's the go-between (dear Constantine) which they can't stand.

Britain & France have bad history between them & maybe for Constantine to get King Narai to be so pro with the French it does feel like asking for trouble. He even asked for an age-old agreement with the British to be chucked away. Every topless-bodied man in the room was going *&%#@$^!!

Real Constantine isn't of nobility as rightly pointed out in various scenes by Date, Khun Loong, Rheung & Ban. Although Date & his dad sounds pompous (he's a nobody unlike them who are of royal ties) it is his quick rise to ranks from nothings & creating trouble that's their issue. He's a Greek out of nowhere & working for the interests of the French? In real life he likely didn't spit on his future in-law's face or kicked him down to be a bad person but he's done things to make others wary (great research on wikipedia, even the house he lived in Ayutthaya a greater part of the ruins it's still standing). Many things he did was for ambition. And that also goes why he went Catholic.

I thought it was only Mailee's movie lines saying he's got no religious inclination except for power, but it's actually written by a French historian at the time that his religion is also a facade. In the movie they used King Narai to tell him he'll consider him a fraud if Constantine switched to his religion. Maybe we didn't see the edit that he's Anglican, then a Catholic, and now Narai tells him you turn Buddhist - you watch out!

Yeah - let's blame it all on Constantine, for it's the truth.

The moment Rheung said "he's Greek!" it sounded to me like "beware of Greeks bearing gifts".

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
Well, movies can distort anything as long as not straying too far from the facts, they also made Constantine's farang so unlikeable but truth is what history I picked up of this guy all pointed out the same thing - he isn't exactly what you'd call a Mr. Nice. Sleazy. Other articles try to first paint him kindly as scapegoat but slowly down they sort of compromised that he was what he was - self-serving mostly & out to get whatever he could. It's natural for the King's court & the locals too to be wary of farangs but his ways left no turning back (they're wearing "let's hate farangs forever" T-shirt).

In that scene where Constantine pushed Kosa Ban to be ambassador they were fiercely discussing trade with the Dutch & British & they seem okay with those Caucasians. They were also good with Portuguese & other Europeans & seems to accept the French in general. It's the go-between (dear Constantine) which they can't stand.

Britain & France have bad history between them & maybe for Constantine to get King Narai to be so pro with the French it does feel like asking for trouble. He even asked for an age-old agreement with the British to be chucked away. Every topless-bodied man in the room was going *&%#@$^!!

Real Constantine isn't of nobility as rightly pointed out in various scenes by Date, Khun Loong, Rheung & Ban. Although Date & his dad sounds pompous (he's a nobody unlike them who are of royal ties) it is his quick rise to ranks from nothings & creating trouble that's their issue. He's a Greek out of nowhere & working for the interests of the French? In real life he likely didn't spit on his future in-law's face or kicked him down to be a bad person but he's done things to make others wary (great research on wikipedia, even the house he lived in Ayutthaya a greater part of the ruins it's still standing). Many things he did was for ambition. And that also goes why he went Catholic.

I thought it was only Mailee's movie lines saying he's got no religious inclination except for power, but it's actually written by a French historian at the time that his religion is also a facade. In the movie they used King Narai to tell him he'll consider him a fraud if Constantine switched to his religion. Maybe we didn't see the edit that he's Anglican, then a Catholic, and now Narai tells him you turn Buddhist - you watch out!

Yeah - let's blame it all on Constantine, for it's the truth.

The moment Rheung said "he's Greek!" it sounded to me like "beware of Greeks bearing gifts".
It was probably also concerning to the Thai people that Constantine was a high-ranking official of King Narai who WASN'T Thai. No matter what country you're in, people would be concerned about that, because it's hard to imagine someone who hadn't grown up and lived in the country for a long time being able to work for the best interests of the country.

Bear in mind that there is a difference between trade and inviting a bunch of people to live in a country. Trade with Europeans probably seemed a pretty "safe" option to be able to exchange with other countries without compromising themselves.
Yeah, I think Constantine was just a self-serving guy. No one can pass judgment on whether he was a good or bad person, but he definitely was working mostly for his own gain. He was most likely very charismatic to have risen so quickly to power.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Aor Jao! Please give me the meaning of this word. This song is in my mind most of the time especially when I drive alone.
Girl, this is not just for you, it is for me too!! Something I found from way back & isn't it beautiful?
One of the early posts @jkpmeun left this and I tried singing it against the original it's so sad .....

OR JAO - from Page 80 @jkpmeun

Title: You (ออเจ้าเอย)

You, oh, have you ever known
That there is someone here
with a heart that longs for you?

You, oh, so beautiful like the starry sky
I will stare at you, I will not go to sleep
Just to feel my heart filled up like this

Fear, I fear the moon will leave the sky
Fear, I fear my heart will break if we do part
Fear, I fear you will go too faraway, that I won't see you
I fear fate will torn us from each other

Though you disappeared only briefly, I felt anxious
Too dark, I won't be able to bear it
When you smile, my heart relaxes
I, oh, I really do long for you

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
Girl, this is not just for you, it is for me too!! Something I found from way back & isn't it beautiful?
One of the early posts @jkpmeun left this and I tried singing it against the original it's so sad .....

Thanks a million! You make me even more love when I read the meaning. So Or Jao meant "You" right?

Rosi

Wifey #42
It was probably also concerning to the Thai people that Constantine was a high-ranking official of King Narai who WASN'T Thai. No matter what country you're in, people would be concerned about that, because it's hard to imagine someone who hadn't grown up and lived in the country for a long time being able to work for the best interests of the country.

Bear in mind that there is a difference between trade and inviting a bunch of people to live in a country. Trade with Europeans probably seemed a pretty "safe" option to be able to exchange with other countries without compromising themselves.
Yeah, I think Constantine was just a self-serving guy. No one can pass judgment on whether he was a good or bad person, but he definitely was working mostly for his own gain. He was most likely very charismatic to have risen so quickly to power.
I wonder is the real guy is as handsome as Louis Scott.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Thanks a million! You make me even more love when I read the meaning. So Or Jao meant "You" right?
I'm so ashamed. I've asked this Or Jao question 3 times before and 3 times 3 different persons from our gang answered me patiently without shooting me down with a "Ehh, you've asked this before you Ms. Forgetful!!" See how nice our BPS team is? But after finding this song I won't forget for sure. I can at least sing it in English.

Rosi

Wifey #42

One of the smart things about him he's very good with languages. He's probably versed in many modern stuff from the Western world and in the Thai court it's easy to shine and impress the king of what lies beyond their shores. It's like that story, "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man will be King". It was his chance to nab it all.

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
I'm so ashamed. I've asked this Or Jao question 3 times before and 3 times 3 different persons from our gang answered me patiently without shooting me down with a "Ehh, you've asked this before you Ms. Forgetful!!" See how nice our BPS team is? But after finding this song I won't forget for sure. I can at least sing it in English.
Yes, BPS team rocks! :icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12::icon12:

Amata

sarNie Hatchling

English, Thai, Khmer, Vietnamese, and English Karaoke subtitle available for this video, just click on the Setting . For the English subtitle, some words used are different from the one you've just pasted here . I don't know which one is better or both of them are good.

MissPK

Got Phet?! ❤
Um since someone else has Pope now. . . can I have a turn with Got??? Hehe. And um I'll take Pan next. . . and then maybe Louis if he let's.
How about this? You have PJ while I have Got then we can trade afterwards? Hahahahhaa but you gotta bring Got back to me though :p

& i dont wanna mess with Louis. Don't want p'yam to tell Mae Karakade to come after me lol

#stillphatmanforpope
#noonecanhavepopetilphatmandoes
#phopeman
#POATman :risas3:

MissPK

Got Phet?! ❤
I first saw him as the nerd doctor in Khun Chai Puttipat so he didn't make a dent. But recognised him straight away when he sat at the front of the canoe in the race. Just surprised he suddenly looked like a guy with steel for arms
Looking all sexy and manly in the front of the boat. GOT damn for real lol awww he was a cute nerd in KCP, i secretly wanted Bella with him in there even though I knew JJ was p'ek lol

MissPK

Got Phet?! ❤
@Rosi2 We were first known as Khmer back in the Angorkian era(I think over 100 years ago) as Times passed, our name had changed to Cambodian, but we still call ourselves Khmer. We have a long history. In BPS, the beginning they had mentioned that Khmer made silk sarong and sent it over to Thailand.
Very informative! Thanks for adding on. BTW Some people get confused when we say we’re Khmer. So...I just stick to saying I’m Cambodian.
Yes, I used to say Cambodian all the time too. But my friends would call themselves Khmer or Khmai and I'm like hey that's pretty cool! Then they explained to me that Khmer is the language that they speak.. and that they don't say "i speak cambodian" lol when i was a kid, i was the only non khmer one.

MissPK

Got Phet?! ❤
I agreed!! My country was prosperous back in that era. We’re know for the Angkor Wat, people back then was very artistic in carving and many things. It all got destroyed during the Vietnam war. Genocide took over and a lot of people fled the country. It was a very dark period for us.
Angkor Wat is on my "must see" list. I'm hoping to visit Cambodia soon, maybe in 2-3 years. My bestest friend is Khmer and I'm just waiting for her to say "let's go!" Lol

It's so heartbreaking to see something so beautiful get destroyed and when you go to places like that you can't help but to think/imagine how beautiful it was. I visited Ayutthaya back in October 2017 (my first time in Thailand & going out of the country) and when I arrived to Ayutthaya, omg all the emotions that ran through me.. before i went there, i felt so drawn and connected to that place and it was weird that i felt that way coz ive never been there before haha but i just had to go.. i went back again in March and wish i could stay there forever lol.