[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Ouch Phaulkon slapped Malee :fighting3:

So why is Malee shocked tho? Did Phaulkon really did not sleep with other women aside from her?
She said because it's Clara who she raised and took care of since the girl was young. If it had been any other woman she wouldn't have mind or cared.

Dearest

恋の予感
Oh, like big brother HONEY kind of thing (not biological brother brother but a big brother he man type of protector). Correct?
It's like a term of affection that he refers to himself as P' now instead Ka (formal way of saying "I"). P' is casual way of saying "I" but signifies he's older - hence you can refer to yourself as P' if older and you have close relationship with that person or people call you P' out of affection or respect. It's like elevating their relationship, making them closer to each other. Think of it like you had a nickname and only people who are close to you call you by your nickname or you allow certain people to call you by your nickname.

Just like during the 2nd scene where Kade was getting punished for fighting at the Chinese market-- Por Date said "I didn't take care of "Nong" which he called her that with affection instead of saying I didn't take care of "Mae Karagade" same way of saying it, but two different feelings.

Last edited:

wuzhangs

sarNie Oldmaid
Could be the fact that it was Clara of all people...not sure

Remembered someone saying that Malee was basically there kind of looking after her since Clara was child to the woman to grew up to be, so it's like a huge knife to the back I'd imagine
She said because it's Clara who she raised and took care of since the girl was young. If it had been any other woman she wouldn't have mind or cared.
Ahhhh okok i get it... well she has been eyeballing phaulkon since she's old enough tho.. backstabbing snake clara

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@alissaax ohhhhh! my bads...is he the one in history that gets executed by Got's dad? Because of belief that he wanted the throne and plotted with Falcon? having not much of history for us non-thai speakers makes it even harder. sorry!~

Rosi

Wifey #42
Actually I don't understand Malee. Even if she hated Constantine she did relent & married him, knowing she can't have Date & also the padre said that Greek loves her (which is true, he does). And on the wedding night he probably treated her like glass, more than any consideration he ever gave the other "flowers by the wayside". During the subsequent days of her pregnancy she seemed to love him. If she had played her cards right, since he had given her leeway to get rid of anyone she didn't want, she could basically do whatever pleases her because he said so. And if she had been charitable to him she could have twisted him round her finger, take him away from doing the wrong things. But she's playing this tragic heroine all the way it's not that pleasant to see either.

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
Ouch Phaulkon slapped Malee :fighting3:

So why is Malee shocked tho? Did Phaulkon really did not sleep with other women aside from her?
I think she knew that he was sleeping with other people, she didn't care. It's because it was Clara, a girl that she took care of and watched out for.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Actually I don't understand Malee. Even if she hated Constantine she did relent & married him, knowing she can't have Date & also the padre said that Greek loves her (which is true, he does). And on the wedding night he probably treated her like glass, more than any consideration he ever gave the other "flowers by the wayside". During the subsequent days of her pregnancy she seemed to love him. If she had played her cards right, since he had given her leeway to get rid of anyone she didn't want, she could basically do whatever pleases her because he said so. And if she had been charitable to him she could have twisted him round her finger, take him away from doing the wrong things. But she's playing this tragic heroine all the way it's not that pleasant to see either.
I think because there's not much on her in history, it's harder to pin point why she didn't leave or have more control in their marriage.

But it could simply be due to her personality and upbringing. If you remember her history, and other comments in the drama about how prior to marriage her status was no better than a slave bc of her lineage that could play a part in why she's not the type to have control over her husband. She's like any other traditional Thai woman in the day who stays mum while her husband runs everything. Falcon was power hungry with or without her, changing that would be hard regardless of love.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
It was sad for Malee when she asked Clara if she wanted to go to Ayutthaya and she already knew Clara wanted to stay. (I like to believe Malee realized at that moment Clara chose to sleep with Phaulkon and not how Malee saw him taking her away). I was struggling earlier with the connection! I have to rewatch the beginning now. :mad: