cambodia and thailand are fighting

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
i can see that side too sirena. but we are here and they are there, and we cant do anything but talk bout it.

let the professionals do their thing i guess.

annea

sarNie Adult
does thailand has any proof that the temple belong to them? I'm just saying the fact that the temple was built in cambodia and it has been sitting there for who knows how long, and the people there worship it so Thailand should just leave it alone....sucks that people have to die because of greed and power...

sirena

sarNie Adult
i personally would just give it to khmer people , not favoring them or anything

just that

1- it was settle before and declare that it belong to khmer

2- the temple has ancient khmer writing dating back thousand of year

this is enough proof to say its khmer

thai wants it maybe becuz its on their land

but it enough evidence that their ancestors didnt built it

i don't know who it belong to, im not pro, but i just think it sad if it fall in the wrong hands especially when people wants it for wrong reason

like the stone buddah heads, who ever stole them took it and sell it around when it should belong in it own land

annea

sarNie Adult
^ true that! they should just let the khmer continue to take care of it since they've been doing that anyways..

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
i totally agree that its about pride and losing something you cherished..

REgarding ANGKOR WAT: >>i remember my mom telling me that if its not your destiny, you would never be able to step foot inside there. << i'm not talking about a force field that won't allow you to enter>> its more like you never have the chance to go.. My mom has lived in CAMBODIA until the khmer rouge and all that stuff, then we came to the states. She has gone back and visit and everytime she goes, she always wanted to go to the wat, so they plan the trip and when its almost time to go visit, something always comes up that need immediate attention.. for her to come back to the states or go to the village of her family.. << thats wat i mean about FATE :(

about the situation now.. i don't remember if i heard it or read it, but i think the khmer's are going to let UN intervene again after the election.

I don't know if any of you guys remember this, and i don't know if its true:
BAck in the 90's (early or late) ??

Thai actress KOB SUvanant, said that angkor wat belonged to the thai people and that khmer should return it, or she is not going to do anymore movies and have it distribute to cambodia << or something like that>>

Like i said its been a while and i don't know if its true, but i heard that khmer ppl got pissed and boycotted her movies anyways.. If its true, i don't know wat her feelings regarding that issue is anymore, but it seems like khmer ppl are okay watching her movies again..

hahaha.. i certainly didn't mind, i just finished watching her with num, and the heart transplant movie.. ( sorry i don't know the title)

Babyt

sarNie Elites
the news about kob was all fake...they never had proof that she had said it..the journalist made it up...because during that time it was the election and plus she was supposed to go to cambodia and do some sort of tour, but then all the rackets came up...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i feel sorry for both of the countries....so close yet so argumentative..

altho this has nothing to do with it..it reminds me of the hmong n thai thingy that happened a while ago...im not at all hating, but from what i heard about that was that thais were capturing hmongs n sending them bak to laos to the laotian soldiers...