CALL NOW! CASTING CALL!

DaH_LaDiE

sarNie Hatchling
0MG.. I AM SOOOO LOOKING FORWARD FOR THIS!!! IT'S MY TIME TO SHINE!! :p
I EMAILED HER AS WELL AND SHE REPLIED.
..........HEARD THAT AUDITION WILL BE IN FRESNO..
SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!!
:p

blinksally

sarNie Egg
haha...i with you guys on the asian johhny depp???
hmmmmmm.....not too sure any asians could look like
johnny depp. but gonna give it a try as well....anyone know anything
about LA auditions?? pm me too... thanks....and good luck to all

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
I just got an email about this and I was going to share it with you all. Didn't realize that there's already a thread on it. ^^

But here's the open casting call flyer for MN people with some more information.. ^^

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0HICF9F

Hope you all make it and represent!

xinga

sarNie Egg
I dont want to put your hopes down, but looks like Clint Eastwood has already found a girl to play the role of (SUE). He contacted Chinese actress, Crystal Liu Yi Fei, and ask her to fly to the U.S. for an audition. Crystal Liu Yi Fei is the girl in The Forbidden Kingdom that just came out with Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Looks like this film wont be an "ALL HMONG" cast as we had thought. Come on now, how many Hmong girls can compete with that? Lets just hope the other roles will actually have some Hmong people in it. HOPEFULLY HMONG MINNESOTA GIRLS CAN PROVE CLINT EASTWOOD WRONG AND EVENTUALLY STEAL BACK THE ROLE OF SUE! WERE COUNTING ON YOU SO GO OUT AND PROVE TO THIS OLD MAN THAT HMONG PEOPLE CAN ACT!

Heres the link to the information:

Gran Torino News

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
I dont want to put your hopes down, but looks like Clint Eastwood has already found a girl to play the role of (SUE). He contacted Chinese actress, Crystal Liu Yi Fei, and ask her to fly to the U.S. for an audition. Crystal Liu Yi Fei is the girl in The Forbidden Kingdom that just came out with Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Looks like this film wont be an "ALL HMONG" cast as we had thought. Come on now, how many Hmong girls can compete with that? Lets just hope the other roles will actually have some Hmong people in it. HOPEFULLY HMONG MINNESOTA GIRLS CAN PROVE CLINT EASTWOOD WRONG AND EVENTUALLY STEAL BACK THE ROLE OF SUE! WERE COUNTING ON YOU SO GO OUT AND PROVE TO THIS OLD MAN THAT HMONG PEOPLE CAN ACT!

Heres the link to the information:

Gran Torino News
She's a pretty girl but her english acting is dull, no expression. I don't think it was right of them to consider her since this is the first time there has ever been an actual film being based on us!!! It makes me upset, but what right do we have any say in this?

Hopefully, this news doesn't discourage anyone. I believe that everyone still has a GOOD CHANCE. And believe that there are some GREAT and PRETTY HMONG actresses out there who are still waiting to shine!

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
ok so i ask amelia if it's true that Crystal Liu Yi Fei got the role and she said that as far as she knows the role is still open.

skies

sarNie Adult
i heard they're holding auditions in fresno??? anyone know where and when??? i would like to know ASAP. thank you. :D best of luck to everyone who's auditioning...even if you don't get it, it'll be a good experience and who knows someday.... good luck!

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
i heard they're holding auditions in fresno??? anyone know where and when??? i would like to know ASAP. thank you. :D best of luck to everyone who's auditioning...even if you don't get it, it'll be a good experience and who knows someday.... good luck!
aww... u just missed it. the auditioins were the weekend that just passed.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
just because the director had called the girl to come audition..
that doesn't mean that the role is no long available...
it's an audition?? lol.

Ms_Stratus

sarNie Egg
What about auditioning in Wisconsin? Are they coming to Wisconsin by any chance? Anyone know?

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
just because the director had called the girl to come audition..
that doesn't mean that the role is no long available...
it's an audition?? lol.
tat's true...and sorrie to tat actress' fans..she can act in chinese movies but from wat i've seen in the Forbidden Kingdom.. a lot of regular hmong girls i believe can do just as well if not better than her...i tink it's because of the language barrier tat her talent doesn't shine all the way through..

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
did you go to the audition? how was it? what did they have you do?
i'm planning on going when they come to st paul....

no i couldn't go because it was my senior ball. i was mad that it was on the same weekend tho. i talk to amelia and she told me to email her some snapshot of me. so i did. well if u do go let me know how it went.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
They did open call casting yesterday in MN and call backs earlier today. It was very exciting. but we had to wait for 8 hours just to audition. I believe they will continue call backs till Monday then head to Michigan for auditions. If you want more info, you can always check out Sandy Ci Moua's Gran Torino page on XANGA for updates!

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
They did open call casting yesterday in MN and call backs earlier today. It was very exciting. but we had to wait for 8 hours just to audition. I believe they will continue call backs till Monday then head to Michigan for auditions. If you want more info, you can always check out Sandy Ci Moua's Gran Torino page on XANGA for updates!
can u give me the link to this