Burning

JoXBankXClash

sarNie Hatchling
I wanna burn Mvs and stuff on to a cd i went and got DVD+R and tried to but it wont what do i have to do also i have lakon i wanna put on cd so i can watch on my TV

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
Case 1

1. do u have a dvd burner? If not.. then u can't burn it on the DVD+R

Solution=Use normal CD

Case 2 (u have a dvd burner)

If you plan to burn stuff on dvd and play it on a dvd player.. u have to change the format of the things u're burning. Some dvd players can read divx, xvid and avi format. If your dvd player isn't one of those type.. u gotta burn it in dvd format. Which you would need a program to do so.

If u're just having problem with burning, i suggest using Nero..

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
ok said if i use a normal cd to burn MVs on to so i could watch it on my dvd..so how do i do that? i mean what programs do i use...things like that... :wub: thanks~chewy

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
onestupidguy already mentioned using Nero Burner to do that

well, I have another q's ... if my comp can't burn CD or anything else...

n I was to use Nero...would I be able to burn stuff?

or it's necessary that my comp able to burn to use Nero...

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
^Nero is just the burning program. You would still need a cd-burning drive to burn cds.

Another question: I have Nero. I have a DVD burner. I want to burn my videos as DVD (playable on DVD players)...how do I do that? When I go to the burn a dvd option, I cannot add media files like .avi or .wmv to be converted into whatever DVD's use. Anyone know what wrong?

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
u have to first convert it...n u need a converter for that...

thanks for answering my q's...

man...I can't burn DVD then...

I don't have DVD burner in my labtop

noungning

Heartless
linn you can get an external cd or dvd burner, it's like less than 100 for a cd burner and like 150 for a dvd burner... try walmart it might even be cheaper

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
o thanks for letting me know...

I heard that external burner is

gonna be slow on the burning process

but yeah I might consider that..

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
^plus you need like 5 GB available and this certain amount of ram on your computer. it'll tell you the computer requirements on the back of the box, so make sure you have all of it available. I dl like crazy so 5GB of space available is hard to come by, lol.

As for my question above, shouldn't Nero be able to convert the video files, itself? Or do I need another program to convert it?

edit: I figured it out. NVM :D

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
^^ I use VCDgear. Just go to www.vcdgear.com and download it.
It's really easy to use and you can convert your videos.
I convert to mpeg and use Roxio DVD Builder to make them into DVDs. I'm not familiar with Nero so I'm not sure if it can convert and how easy it is to make DVDs.

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
LostInKaos said:
^^ I use VCDgear. Just go to www.vcdgear.com and download it.
It's really easy to use and you can convert your videos.
I convert to mpeg and use Roxio DVD Builder to make them into DVDs. I'm not familiar with Nero so I'm not sure if it can convert and how easy it is to make DVDs.
[post="77477"][/post]​

thanks, gurlo.......u the best hahahahaha

kermint

sarNie Adult
okay LostinKaos, I try to use vcdgear but it doesn't work for me.

Can you tell the step how to use it?

And we can convert any file to mpeg?

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
What kind of file is it? All of mine are DAT files, like when you rip your VCD into the computer, that's how the file starts.

I'll try to explain it. Make sure the Extraction/Conversion is set to DAT>MPEG
Then Load. It will ask you to Open the file, and then it will ask you where to save the file. I just save it in the same folder as the original.
Then Start. That should convert it. It'll keep both copies, the original and the converted one. I just delete the original when I'm done.
Hopefully this made sense :)

If you click on the drop down box in the Extraction / Conversion spot, it will show you what you can convert. All I've used so far is from DAT to MPEG.

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
LostitKaos~

ok what if you already have it in mpeg....and i don't have Nero and not familar with it either....so i don't need to convert file....what do i do next...so i could watch it on my dvd? thanks

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
I didn't have to convert once it's MPEG. But I used Roxio. I bought it though. I think it's worth it to have since you can make pictures, DVDs, CDs, tons of things.
I'll try to see if there's other programs you can use that's easy. But I have to wait until my laptop is fixed. All my files are in there and I'm really really hoping I won't have to lose anything.

kermint

sarNie Adult
Thank you for the above information.

usually all my files are avi. I don't think vcdgear have any avi convert to mpeg. I try all of the program that have avi to mpeg but then it took a long time and after it's finish it keeps having a logo in the middle of the screen because we have to register to not have the logo.

Any other program.

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
LostInKaos said:
I didn't have to convert once it's MPEG. But I used Roxio. I bought it though. I think it's worth it to have since you can make pictures, DVDs, CDs, tons of things.
I'll try to see if there's other programs you can use that's easy. But I have to wait until my laptop is fixed. All my files are in there and I'm really really hoping I won't have to lose anything.
[post="79023"][/post]​

ok thanks...happy waiting.... ^_^ :wub:

goinkrazy

sarNie Hatchling
i have a question..... sometimes, when iburn dvd's it will freeze on me. now, is there something wrong witht he file or something and how can i fix it? i.e: it'll be burning fine then all of a sudden it freezes at like 6 mins or something n its stuck there forever unless i close the application. this only happens to certain files, not all of them, so how can i fix it?