burnin uploaded files

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Depends on what kind of files you want to burn and what you want to use to play them. If you want to watch avi or wmv files on a dvd player you might need to do some converting to dvd or vcd first. If you want to burn music tracks onto a cd for listening, that should be available via your burner software. Also, Nero is a good program for your basic burning needs. Sorry that's not too specific, but I'm sure someone more informed can help you with more detailed info.

darvil

sarNie Adult
It depends on what you downloaded.

If its a true vcd rip then you can just burn that file back in as a vcd. But I don't think you have those kinds of files. If you're talking about files like avi and wmv you have to convert them UNLESS you have a hardware dvd player that can play divx or xvid files (your regular off the shelf dvd players can't do this so don't look for that info).

You can find some softwares that can do that for you automatically. I hear nero is good (from what people on the forum say). As for me converting on nero was quite bad. That might be because it was a while back when the program wasnt good.

Now I'm going to tell you that things can get real messy when you try this. And if you're ready to get down and get dirty go to this site. Follow the instructions on the site and get familiar with all the tools Vcdhelp

darvil

sarNie Adult
Hey I just installed Nero 7 ultra edition.. man this is a nice program.

I tested the conversion of nero and converted a wmv file and it turned out to be perfect. I think this is great. I'll post the program up so you guys can dl it. Its a pretty big file though hehe.

Also I culdn't convert the 1st file I tried and I think its because of an error in the video.. gotta edit that first before converting.

Anyway I think this is probably a really good conversion.. should do a tutorial on it. :p

OnlyU

sarNie Elites
I got a question. I use NERO to burn my files. If the files is TOO big how do you split it? I want to burn into vcd but the file is too big and I'm searching everywhere to find this out, so if anyone has any idea plz help