BLACKPINK

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
YG's latest debut! How do you feel about them? Do you feel that they are just another 2NE1? Also, there is a Thai girl in the group! Rumors are rampant that 2NE1's comeback has been officially pushed back further as YG debuted this new group. The new group is said to have been needed after Minzy left 2NE1 to pursue a solo career at Music Works.
CREDIT BLACKPINKYG.COM FOR ALL INFO BELOW and PHOTOS!

Stage Name: Jennie/제니
Name: Jennie Kim/김제니
Nicknames: Jendeuk
Birthday: January 16, 1996
Birthplace: South Korea
Blood Type: N/A
Height: 160 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Position in Group: Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist
Languages: Korean, Japanese, English
Instruments: N/A
Hobbies: N/A
Siblings: none
Education: ACG Parnell College
Fans: N/A

Stage Name: Lisa/리사
Name: Pranpriya Manoban/ปราณปริยา มโนบาล/Lalisa Manoban
Nicknames: Lalice, Pokpak, Lis
Birthday: March 27, 1997
Birthplace: Thailand
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 46 kg
Position in Group: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae
Languages: Thai, Korean, Japanese, English
Siblings: N/A
Education: N/A

Stage Name: Jisoo/지수
Name: Kim Jisoo/김지수
Nicknames: Chi Choo, Jichu
Birthday: June 20, 1995
Birthplace: South Korea
Height: 160 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Position in Group: Lead Vocalist, Visual
Languages: Korean, English
Instruments: guitar

Stage Name: Rosé
Name: Park Chaeyoung/박채영/Roseanne Park
Nicknames: Rosie
Birthday: February 11, 1997
Birthplace: Australia
Height: N/A
Weight: N/A
Position in Group: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Languages: Korean, English

Current Releases:
BoomBayah

Whistle

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
How do I feel? At first I didn't want to get into them but I like what they put out so far, mostly the Whistle song because I like the beat. Bombayah reminds me too much of 2ne1's Fire. Did not like that song. I wish that people would stop saying that they are the YG Princesses. And 2ne1 are the queens. I feel so bad that they have to be second to their sunbaes. Kinda sucky that no one can say, oh wow, the new girl group is original and unique with whatever they come out with. Their whole career is going to be compared to 2ne1. And that is sad to me. Lisa is my bias. I liked her before I found out she was Thai. I liked her charisma. We will see if I continue to like any of their future songs. But they're definitely good for rookies and it's a good time to come out with this sound especially with BTS and NCT out with the hip hop feel right now. And they are lucky that they are YG or else they wouldn't win #1 on Inkigayo already.

Last edited:

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Their stage performances kept coming up on my youtube suggestion so I watched them sing Boombayah. And I knew there's an aussie member since SBS POPASIA kept posting about them but I didn't follow much. I'm liking Rose, Lisa and Jennie because of their stage performance and presence. Jisoo is just in the background for me.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
They are my new favorite girl group & it's very hard for girl groups to impress me since SES. Even 2NE1 took a while for me.

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Jisoo grew on me more with whistle. I think they'll do well. They look like a strong team compared to other girl girls I've seen recently.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Just recently got into BP, I'm not that into Jennie but she's kinda growing on me. Lisa is a goddess tho.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Just recently got into BP, I'm not that into Jennie but she's kinda growing on me. Lisa is a goddess tho.
Yaya another BP fan! Love all of them but Jisoo is my bias. Jennie grows on you once you really get to know her. Have you watched Blackpink House yet?

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Not too into the song but dang that MV was pretty nice.
Lisa bias here and damnn she is stunning!!! Actually they all are but especially Lisa.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Love the new beats to the song, their outfits and hairstyles. What a comeback! They've stepped up to another level. #blinks :cheer:
I’m actually so in love with the song! I like it better than D4 tbh. But wow the visuals in the MV are to die for :love: They all seriously look stunning but I feel like Rose and Jisoo killed it the most this comeback. Mostly cause I liked the vocal parts of the songs the most! Have you listened to the other 2 new songs? Those are gray as well too. I love Kick it

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
I’m actually so in love with the song! I like it better than D4 tbh. But wow the visuals in the MV are to die for :love: They all seriously look stunning but I feel like Rose and Jisoo killed it the most this comeback. Mostly cause I liked the vocal parts of the songs the most! Have you listened to the other 2 new songs? Those are gray as well too. I love Kick it
at first i didnt like the song but after a second listen i was sold. the melody of the bridge (jisso and rose's part) is my fav. lisa tho!!!
the mv was a 10 for me. my only complaint was the chorus. i wish they would give a chorus like aiiwyl or pwf. overall i loved this comeback. pwf era remains undefeated tho

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
at first i didnt like the song but after a second listen i was sold. the melody of the bridge (jisso and rose's part) is my fav. lisa tho!!!
the mv was a 10 for me. my only complaint was the chorus. i wish they would give a chorus like aiiwyl or pwf. overall i loved this comeback. pwf era remains undefeated tho
Agree Jisoo and Roses parts are my favorites of the song. I love their scenes the most too in the MV. How Rose’s weaker version of herself was running on one scene and in the next scene she’s crying and driving and runs over her weaker self. And then Jisoo’s weaker version of herself is seen running in that hallway with that white dress while crying and then her stronger version comes and then shoots her with that fire arrow and bow. And yeah Lisa’s rap was literally flawless like wowww she has so much swag! When she kicked in the door when she first entered I was shook lol she killed it.

In my opinion PWF, AIIYL, and Whistle are their best songs. Nothing they’ve released have topped those songs yet but they are still good. Agree about the proper chorus part.

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
I've just listened to the other songs. I wished there was more. The song Don't Know What To Do is a nice song. Kill This Love grew on me once I listened to it again. I also like Kill This Love the best. The song Hope Not is an emotional song and you can feel the emotions in their voices and the lyrics as they sing. I like it and I don't mind listening to it again. :)

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I've just listened to the other songs. I wished there was more. The song Don't Know What To Do is a nice song. Kill This Love grew on me once I listened to it again. I also like Kill This Love the best. The song Hope Not is an emotional song and you can feel the emotions in their voice and the lyrics as they sing. I like it and I don't mind listening to it again. :)
I really like Hope Not too because all of the members were singing in that one including Lisa! It sounds like a song that would be from Korean Drama OST. Very emotional and beautiful

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
All the girls definitely killed it during their individual scenes and as a group. My favourite scenes was Lisa and Jennie's individual performances and their rap together. When Jisoo was in the water singing. She killed it! Likewise, I like the scenes with Rose in the car, running and when she sings "Lucky me, lucky you" and ends with "I'm not sorry." :icon12:

06D0A5EC-F397-4739-9E21-19466CD07D57.jpeg
Cr blink_luv_blackpink

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I definitely have a feeling that Rosie’s solo is coming up soon. That’s why they focused on her so much in this comeback to slowly go from promoting Jennie to promoting Rosie! I can’t wait for her solo and Lisa and Jisoo’s as well :cheer:

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
I definitely have a feeling that Rosie’s solo is coming up soon. That’s why they focused on her so much in this comeback to slowly go from promoting Jennie to promoting Rosie! I can’t wait for her solo and Lisa and Jisoo’s as well :cheer:
i think this album really showcased their singing abilities. especially jisoo and rose. i also noticed that ktl was rose centered. lisa kicking the doot tho lol. beautiful video