being a young mother...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
what do u think makes a person a "good" mother? does age reflect a woman's ability to be a mother? and can being a young mother be a personal choice?

what do u all think? ;)

juicee

sarNie Elites
well how young is the 'young' you're referring to? to me though, a good mother has to do with being maturity enough to handle motherhood. Being a good mother isn't dependent on a woman's age. You have to be able to provide emotional and financial support to her kid, so personally I wouldn't choose to be a young mother. Babies are expensive, thus being young would definetly be a handicap. There's more that i could add, but i'm too tired to type right now...

Muddie Murda

smile...
To raise a baby, you need money. A young mother will need to suffer quite hard to provide that, unless she bums off HER mom. That just makes her un/not-independed (sorry :p), meaning she's not responsible.

and it's 4.30 am, i shall put more thoughts into this later. =D

kutiepie

sarNie Egg
age is a factor. in order to be a good mother, you have to be mature enough to handle another person's life (your baby). from the moment you give birth, you are responsible for that innocent life in terms of financial support and emotional support. as a young mother i don't think she is ready for that kind of responsibility because the young mother is still a "child" herself. she doesn't have the financial security/stability to care for another person's life.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
no matter how young the mother is .. she will survive with her baby .. because once you become a mother you are FORCED to be responsible .. and have a mother mentality .. but it also depends on HOW young you're talking about haha.. because there's financial problems and such ..

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
KawaiiTennyo said:
no matter how young the mother is .. she will survive with her baby .. because once you become a mother you are FORCED to be responsible .. and have a mother mentality .. but it also depends on HOW young you're talking about haha.. because there's financial problems and such ..
[post="44077"][/post]​
totally agree with ya kt if ur talking 15, ur still a baby urself (i dont care what anyone says ur still a baby) another thing is so what if u are financialy stable.. still doesnt make u a good mom if ur not there for him/her right? There's a lot of factors to take in consideration..

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
everyone's pretty much said it all...to be a mother...i don't care how young or old you are as long as you have the mentality to support yourself and your baby emotionally, physically and financially...age doesn't matter but to be realistic...if you're 14-16 or somewhere around there...don't kid yourself into thinking you can take care of a baby...first of all--you're still a child yourself and don't have the mentality, second of all--there's no way you can financially support yourself--let alone support yourself and your baby, third of all--being a mother means lifetime and total commitment to your baby...do you honestly think you'll be able to handle that???...knowing that while you're stuck being a mother...all your friends are out having fun and living the life that you crave

noungning

Heartless
anti-hmong said:
everyone's pretty much said it all...to be a mother...i don't care how young or old you are as long as you have the mentality to support yourself and your baby emotionally, physically and financially...age doesn't matter but to be realistic...if you're 14-16 or somewhere around there...don't kid yourself into thinking you can take care of a baby...first of all--you're still a child yourself and don't have the mentality, second of all--there's no way you can financially support yourself--let alone support yourself and your baby, third of all--being a mother means lifetime and total commitment to your baby...do you honestly think you'll be able to handle that???...knowing that while you're stuck being a mother...all your friends are out having fun and living the life that you crave
[post="44140"][/post]​
true true... its not really age... its maturity... true u might be forced into the situation... but does that make u a good mom? not really. money doesn't make a difference either... because it can't teach a kid how to talk, walk, and know their rights from wrong. its all the mom or the dad. i know some ppl in their 20s and they still can't really take care of their kid and leaves them with their parents. and exactly it means a whole lot of responsibilities. so if u still want to go clubbing every saturday, hang out with ur friends every weekend...or just having "fun" before ur kid turns 8 yrs old ....being a mom is not for u. :shocked: lol i'm not saying u can't though but just an example.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I have no clue...or maybe i just don't wanna take the time to think about it right now..but i can say that i know someone that had a baby when she was 12...it was werid lookin at a picture with her holding her baby when she first took it home..it looked like a girl holding her lil sister or something...cuzz she looked sooo young...i mean of course she was still a kid herself!

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Maturity doesnt necessarily come with age and still might not even exist when that individual is considered an "adult"...but any mother who can provide care and comfort for her baby (quite difficult financially depending on how young the mother is) are better than those who kills the child after given birth...Why introduce something so innocent to the world when you’ll just come and cold bloodedly robs them of their opportunity...MURDERER!