"Bangkok Dangerous" w/ Chakrit Yamnarm...

linky

sarNie Hatchling
I'm waiting too. I really want him to come to LA for the premier if they have it here. I would definitely go see him and watch him. I'm so happy he's playing with one of the top US entertainer too!!!
I wonder if it August is really the release date. It took them awhile to get this out, I hope we dont have to wait longer.....

misszaky

sarNie Hatchling
I was disappointed that they have his character speak broken English cause I know for sure he does not speak with an accent -- its almost fluent (for a guy living in Thailand too). Anyways I will totally go watch the movie and support him! Not Nicholas Cage even though he's a good actor too!

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
yeah...me too, i saw the trailer at theater...i'm very interesting it...i will go watch when it come out....can't wait to see it...

thaigirl

sarNie Hatchling
kind of disappointed that they have nicholas cage as main character...they could've used chakrit as the main guy because in the original movie, the main guy isn't even white...not saying that i don't like nicholas, he's a great actor...just kind of bugs me that almost every asian movie that is remade, the main character is almost always white...not hating here either...i'm still going to see the movie...i love the original...it was really good...
I so agree with you ! They did the same for The Ring, The Ring 2, The Grudge, etc. :angry: Nicolas Cage is a good actor, but I think he's so ugly, especially when Chakrit is next to him.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
I was disappointed that they have his character speak broken English cause I know for sure he does not speak with an accent -- its almost fluent (for a guy living in Thailand too). Anyways I will totally go watch the movie and support him! Not Nicholas Cage even though he's a good actor too!
lol almost fluent. he is fluent he went through english taught schools. lots of thai kids speak english better than their native language LOL sad huh? and they're surrounded by it too but can't speak it well

ployathina

sarNie Egg
If you watch the movie "February" that he was in with Jeap, he speaks a lot of English because the movie was film primarily in New York City. I believe that the directors and producers have him have a Thai accent because the character of Kong is supposed to be a Thai person, who probably has an English education no higher than maybe grade 10 in Thailand, you know, just enough to get by. Normally, Shahkrit doesn't have an accent, his English is perfect. He went to an international school when he was younger, then he went to middle school through high school in New Zealand and then I believe that he came over to NYC for a bit. He's more fluent in English than he is in Thai since he grew up in a more "Americanized" environment. He even said it himself that when he reads for fun it's mostly English and that the scripts are usually the only thing that he reads in Thai. He says that he has to beat himself up to read at least 100 pages of a lakorn script because it is hard for him since he's not as fluent. He has said that he really wants to be able to write more than just his name in Thai and that although there are lot of people who thinks it cool that he can't write Thai, he finds it embarrassing that as a Thai person he can't even write in his own native language. I know that he writes in a journal and it is completely in English. I hope the movie does well, I think that Shahkrit is one of the few actors who really deserve to be exposed because of his ability. Scandals aside I think he's one of the most, if not the most dedicated thespians in Thailand right now. I mean how many actors do you see working 7 days a week without complaint.

dhan9

sarNie Adult
very well said and totally agree on with that about chakrit. Actually he deserved to be the top actor every year. i still can't believed that not many people had recognised and give credit to his talents and hard working!

i love to hear his sexy juicy english lol
i'm dying to see this movie

mozemoua

sarNie Hatchling
If you watch the movie "February" that he was in with Jeap, he speaks a lot of English because the movie was film primarily in New York City. I believe that the directors and producers have him have a Thai accent because the character of Kong is supposed to be a Thai person, who probably has an English education no higher than maybe grade 10 in Thailand, you know, just enough to get by. Normally, Shahkrit doesn't have an accent, his English is perfect. He went to an international school when he was younger, then he went to middle school through high school in New Zealand and then I believe that he came over to NYC for a bit. He's more fluent in English than he is in Thai since he grew up in a more "Americanized" environment. He even said it himself that when he reads for fun it's mostly English and that the scripts are usually the only thing that he reads in Thai. He says that he has to beat himself up to read at least 100 pages of a lakorn script because it is hard for him since he's not as fluent. He has said that he really wants to be able to write more than just his name in Thai and that although there are lot of people who thinks it cool that he can't write Thai, he finds it embarrassing that as a Thai person he can't even write in his own native language. I know that he writes in a journal and it is completely in English. I hope the movie does well, I think that Shahkrit is one of the few actors who really deserve to be exposed because of his ability. Scandals aside I think he's one of the most, if not the most dedicated thespians in Thailand right now. I mean how many actors do you see working 7 days a week without complaint.
well said! thanks for all the info!!! I totally understand him! it really sucks to not be able to write your own native language and be more fluent in another.