ATTENTION! VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
If you're like me.. I love this candy. It's normally sold at Asian Markets. It has a picture of a white rabbit on it and it's creamy and chewy. When you unwrap it, it has an edible plastic layer. Well I found this news article that says it is contimated. And has already killed 4 kids. I'm pretty sure that most Asians are familiar with this candy, so I'm just making sure we pass this message on. For your own safetly, you should throw it away if you have this candy!!!

Read the article below.

Thanks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_.../candy_melamine

margaretthao4

sarNie Adult
OMG LOME!
I'm going to the super market later and I'm pretty sure if I saw those candy I would have bought it.
Those candies are yummers too..They even have different falvored ones now too! :(
Thanks for the info!!! :kiss:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
oOOoh I read about this too! I haven't had them in so long! but good thing though! China needs to have better regulation of the things they're exporting!

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I agree China does need better regulations of their exports. Anyways about this white rabbit candy thing I never figured if you're suppose to eat the clear wrapper too or take it out lol?

cecilia

Staff member
hm i don't know how they look like so that probably mean, i didn't eat it yet. LOl

thanks for the news. will keep an eye out for it ..

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
lol... Nai.. in the beginning when I was a FOB, I would sit there, trying to unwrap it, but the darn plastic (or so I thought) would always rip apart. And to no success, I end up throwing it away. But my American cousins then told me it was edible, so I pretty much felt like an idiot.

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
the white rabbit candy from the China! :lol: I enjoy eating that but too bad it's contaminated with melamine... :( so now I'm having the white rabbit candy which is locally made here in my country...

ChenrukNote

Goddess
lol... Nai.. in the beginning when I was a FOB, I would sit there, trying to unwrap it, but the darn plastic (or so I thought) would always rip apart. And to no success, I end up throwing it away. But my American cousins then told me it was edible, so I pretty much felt like an idiot.
Haha it's alright Lome because I did the same thing :lol:. My favorite Asian candy is the Lucky candy. Mmmmm yummm!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I agree China does need better regulations of their exports. Anyways about this white rabbit candy thing I never figured if you're suppose to eat the clear wrapper too or take it out lol?
I know me too. I end up throwing the plastic wrappers away and then I don't know what happen. One day I accidently ate the wrapper, nothing happened so I just continued to eat the candies with the wrappers. :loool:

Same thing about China’s formula powder for infants, it is contaminated with some sort of chemical, I forgot what chemical it was. Anyways I have been eating those candies since the day I was born (hahahaha) and nothing happen to me. So did they like just found out it contains a harmful ingredient or people in China just so recently decided to have it in it and it was discovered. (I hope I ain’t getting people confused-hahaha I am getting myself confuse)

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
I know me too. I end up throwing the plastic wrappers away and then I don't know what happen. One day I accidently ate the wrapper, nothing happened so I just continued to eat the candies with the wrappers. :loool:

Same thing about China’s formula powder for infants, it is contaminated with some sort of chemical, I forgot what chemical it was. Anyways I have been eating those candies since the day I was born (hahahaha) and nothing happen to me. So did they like just found out it contains a harmful ingredient or people in China just so recently decided to have it in it and it was discovered. (I hope I ain’t getting people confused-hahaha I am getting myself confuse)
it's not only the formula for infants that is contaminated with melamine but also other milk products from China... there has been a milk scare here last week and almost every brand of milk had been pulled out from the supermarkets for testing...

just found out that melamine is used in making glue! :eek:

noungning

Heartless
wth any picture of the candy? lol i'm not too good with candy but ...i eat asian candies.. gosh... white rabbit huhhhhhhh???

omfg nvm

ahh i haven't that in a while tho. but thanks for letting us know ;)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
damns i ate some the other day but i got em before this all happened i think ill be fine im still here

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
the Mr. Brown coffee is also contaminated. I wonder if the tamarind candies will have the chemical in it too... I was also told Hello Panda also has it.

Yes, time to execute the Chinese suppliers.

Alhambra1

sarNie Juvenile
the Mr. Brown coffee is also contaminated. I wonder if the tamarind candies will have the chemical in it too... I was also told Hello Panda also has it.

Yes, time to execute the Chinese suppliers.

Hello Panda too? No, not Hello Panda!!! I love Hello Panda, bummer!