Army Girlfriend

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
My boyfriend of 2 years just told me that he's going to the army because he's sick of how his life is today. He's leaving in June and he saids it's unfair for me to wait so he told me to move on. We're still hanging out like we're still together. He saids we're still together, but we're going to have to break up when he leaves and I know it's going to be hard when he actually leaves. He's going active so that means there's 99.9% that he'll be deported to a different country and he signed on for 8 years. He's excited about it and he talks about it constantly. I get mad or sad everytime he talks about leaving, then he shuts up and apologizes. He saids maybe we'll be together again someday. I know I'm supposed to be all happy for him, but I'm really not. I know it's selfish, but now I have to worry constantly about his safety and I'm going to miss him so much. I know I'm young and that there's still lots of time to find that someone, but I just feel as if it's not fair for me. I dislike my selfish thoughts and there's nothing I can do. I just need someone to talk to.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
My boyfriend of 2 years just told me that he's going to the army because he's sick of how his life is today. He's leaving in June and he saids it's unfair for me to wait so he told me to move on. We're still hanging out like we're still together. He saids we're still together, but we're going to have to break up when he leaves and I know it's going to be hard when he actually leaves. He's going active so that means there's 99.9% that he'll be deported to a different country and he signed on for 8 years. He's excited about it and he talks about it constantly. I get mad or sad everytime he talks about leaving, then he shuts up and apologizes. He saids maybe we'll be together again someday. I know I'm supposed to be all happy for him, but I'm really not. I know it's selfish, but now I have to worry constantly about his safety and I'm going to miss him so much. I know I'm young and that there's still lots of time to find that someone, but I just feel as if it's not fair for me. I dislike my selfish thoughts and there's nothing I can do. I just need someone to talk to.
it actually sounds more like he's the one being selfish. he's "sick" of life so he's gonna go throw it away? and throw you away? i say, good rid'nce.

the reason why he wants to end your relationship is not because it's not fair for you. it's because he doesn't want to feel guilty doing whatever he wants to do later on. that includes pursuing other people. don't pine for him. let him find his "happiness"...even if it means fighting and taking away lives.

i'm not saying this to make you sad...honestly. i'm just calling it like how i read it. but who knows, i could be wrong. you know him best. you decide.

umm...your soon to be ex-man is white, isn't he? not to stereotype, but that says it all.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
My husband is leaving also and well we're married so he can't really say, "Move On" lol it requires paperwork. I don't know what to tell you because it seems like he's not really trying to make things work. My husband when we were just dating he out right told me, "I want you to wait, but if you feel that you can't just tell me." I don't know I might have to agree with P' Thookie on this one.. the thing I don't understand is why he would tell you that and stay with you until he leaves? That's totally not right. If someone where to tell me that we would be over right then and there. There is no point in holding on when you know where it's going to end at the same time it could be a test -.-" and you have to listen to your instinct more than what we tell u.

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks you guys! You read my mind of what I was thinking. I talked to my mom and she said it's best to let him go if he's willing to let you go and mothers know best. So I think I'm going to take my mother's advice for this one. Thank you for everything!

<3

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Wow...my boyfriend just told meeh the other day that he wanted to join the army too but then I told him if he was to join then he would have to take me with him. I want to travel too lolz...My niece is married to a dude in the marines...they got married when she got pregnant right when he was joining and he is stationed in California, so she moved over there and lives with him while he works. Whenever he goes out of state or somewhere then she either stays there or comes home to her parents house here in Oregon. I'm guessing since your boyfriend is going active then you can go with him huh?

But wow he just seriously dumped you like that. Thats a lil harsh and selfish of him. But then agian you can't stop someone from following their dreams. It's best you just move on...I know it's hard but you can do it..8 years is a long time to wait.

I'm glad you made up your mind to just let him go.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

omg, im in the same situation as you too but my bf still want to be with me. lol.

its very sad. i feel you. just hang in there. but i guess life goes on. if u two are really meant
for each other, no matter how far he goes. you two will meet again.

when he leaves, it will hurt like a bitch. and yes you will super miss ur bf. i will too. :(