Are you able to get memory back from USB Flashdrive back?

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Are you able to get memory back from USB Flashdrive back?

Are you able to? Because this past weekend I lost everything that was in my flashdrive. I pressed play on a selected song and somehow it decides to not respond to me. I pressed ctrl, alt, deleted at the same time to end the program and whatever it was doing. I ended the task file page and Windows media player dissapears then I went back to my computer and clicked on USB flashdrivve file and nothing appears O_O I didn't know flashdrives are like that.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I doubt it... Never happened to me before so I don't really know... Sorry I am not much of a help...

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
hmm, i would suggest trying the flash drive on another computer and see if u still have a blank flashdrive, if so try a usb flash drive data recovery <- not sure if it will recover ur files u lost but worth a try.

cecilia

Staff member
like everyone suggest, try on another computer
or try flash drive data recovery <- it work on certain stage ..
but it's not that bad either...but i think since you delete it, it might not too.
i once did this and try to find it with my sister's homework, it work but the sad part
is that i have the file name replace the old file. so yup, even when i retrieve it, it still doesn't work b/c it's a new document file ..

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
no luck everything's deleted and cannot recover at all but i have to live with it >.< i'm still bad but i'll get over this!

noungning

Heartless
is it something u can re-dl? if so no worries, it'd all come back, just takes time and patience of course.

but gosh i've witnessed, when i worked in the library at school, someone was typing at 10 pager on the computer there... he hit save and it wouldn't save, he hit print... and thought it came out but it didn't ... and the computer crashed... :( was very devastating ...so always save... save save

and another thing... what i've been doing eversince i can remember is, if it's important, always make copies... copy it and send it to ur email. u never know when a cd, floppy disc [if u still use that], a flash/thumb drive will crash on u. that's what i try to make my sister do also... especially if it's a paper due or something, always save, and email it to yourself... because u just never know what happens... and sometimes professors aren't nice.

cecilia

Staff member
^i've been doing that too .. i have like duplicate stuff all over the computer .. :loool: .. i learn my lesson with the big crash of my old comp :lmao:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
=.= omg man speaking of this reminds me of my big crash months back :(; I lost all my stuff... i used data recovery and it worked on some stuff like 20 percent out of 100. ...i had another crash but luckily; I had a big back up drive; everything that i have running now like my externals and my main hd I back it up on a bigger external which I leave unplugged... so if something crashes I can restore them from the back up exteral

and yep save save save as ning said. I always have at least 4 copies of important papers lol; I'm very paranoid when it comes to big papers and project. I hit the save button every paragraph. another thing I always have a rough draft. I see how some people type out their papers just from notes and just out randomly. I always write a rough draft; so in case i lose it I can always retype it =.=

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Thanks for your advies ;) Sometimes I don't remember to save I should sick a sicky pad on the comp. screen =D Some of the things were songs (which i can always re-dl) but just mad about my graphics and my documents/lyrics i wrote =( My mind is seriously blank, i don't even remember what my lyrics are about. i think i finished writing 3 lyrics but now i have to start all over >.<

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Anyone know where i can get the program to format my flashdrive? I can't get into its file, it says i gotta format the flashdrive. i pressed ok but then it says i don't have the sufficient rights to perform that opertion O_O

if you still want to get back the stuff that you delete from your USB, just pm me and i can give you the prog that will help you to recover them...especially your lyrics..

but if you prefer to buy it yourself: Office Recovery Entreprise 2007 (cost : 1807€) can help you and is really easy to use.

But you have also easy recovery pro (cost : 600 €) a little hard to understand but if you know how to use it , you can get back too the files on your USB.