Are Hmong star[s] approachable?

*__*

sarNie Egg

Yia: The Bull Moua: OMG, heard some bad rumors about him. That he abuses his wife etc..
I'm sure yia is like that too. Judging from the way he look. Oh yah.

superwoman

sarNie Egg
Chen Vang (Not so sure if that is his name): I think he is French or Canadian, can't remember but he star in The Innocent Cyclone and Beyond the Love Line (the eldest brother that died in that movie). 2 words- TOTAL JACKASS

Dao Vue: I thought he was cool and then I totally have a different opinion after meeting him in person. He may look hot but definitely not cool. He's too cocky when he speaks but with a friendly tone sounds a little to fake but whatever.

ProtoJ: Probably one of the coolest and greatest star that I highly respect thoguh I am not really a fan of his music. Definitely friendly, nice and very approachable.
I agree with you on Proto J! He is superb nice! I too am not too fond of his music, but my brother really likes him. My brother is not those Hmong guys that listen to Hmong music. He is white-wash. And I couldn't agree more about Chen. He is a jerk. He is a big time flaunt!!! And as for Dao Vue, he is hot, but his persona is -_-

ibtugnkaujhmoob

sarNie Egg
If u don't think of them as SUPERSTARS just regular people, then it shouldn't be a problem talking to some of these people. Although I do understand that some of them already be acting stuck up just cuz they have a name in the Hmong entertainment industry...thaum ntawd ces pab tsis tau lawm... :rolleyes:

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
If u don't think of them as SUPERSTARS just regular people, then it shouldn't be a problem talking to some of these people. Although I do understand that some of them already be acting stuck up just cuz they have a name in the Hmong entertainment industry...thaum ntawd ces pab tsis tau lawm... :rolleyes:

"...thaum ntawd ces pab tsis tau lawm... :rolleyes: "

that is so true...lol.... Anyhoo...based on my opinion...and after meeting most of all of the people that you've all discussed and being in this business for the past two years...the nicest people who I can honestly vouch for are..... (I'm not going to include actors because I didn't speak to them long enough to form an impression. Most of the ones I met were nice)

Drum roll................

1..the guys of REFLECTIONS... (these guys are very professional and just all around nice)
2. MARC STYLES ( regardless of all his haters...he's the real deal..you get what you see...pure honesty)
3. KLS...(well....met them for the 1st time in Minnesota and they still remembered us in Fresno and even stopped by to say hi....no ego trips there...or could it be that we're distant cousins....lol..)
4. Back II BACK...(super nice guys...easy to talk to and....yea ..distant cousins too)
5. 5 N Tears...the lead singer..Wayne...he's the nicest person. I've met him once and I was really impressed at how well this guy carries himself. Not arrogant or cocky like some others that I've had the unfortunate sense to meet....lol....but helpful and honest.
6. KISS LIVE...lol....say what you all want to say about this guy...BUT he's a sweetheart..lol...at first I was really aprehensive after reading all your comments on him...but once we started chatting in Fresno...he shared a lot of the same ideas and philosophies as most of the other artists...lol....
7. Kong & Shu Project...awesome guys with great personalities
8. Zinc....what can I say...we know them...lol....
9. Evol...good guys. Very respectful and friendly.
10. Plucky ...a sweeheart all around. Very shy, but very knowlegable...
11. Proto J...great personality...
12. 4th Dimension...very nice ...somehow we've always end up at the same venues...lol...

I've only met these artists below and spoken to them briefly...but I thought they were nice.

Suddenrush
The Clue
Skyline
5 Reasons
Likewise
Logo & Dulce Khan
Brian Thao

a bunch of rap artists that I am so sorry I keep forgeting their names....lol...and yes...RAP artists are some of the nicest people out there....lol...I'm just really bad with names...lol

superwoman

sarNie Egg
If u don't think of them as SUPERSTARS just regular people, then it shouldn't be a problem talking to some of these people.
Base as a celebrity to fan. Are they approachable? That is my understanding of this thread. And yes if we don't think of them as superSTARS and just as human being, it shouldn't be a problem. But some stars and people don't understand that concept.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
"...thaum ntawd ces pab tsis tau lawm... :rolleyes: "

that is so true...lol.... Anyhoo...based on my opinion...and after meeting most of all of the people that you've all discussed and being in this business for the past two years...the nicest people who I can honestly vouch for are..... (I'm not going to include actors because I didn't speak to them long enough to form an impression. Most of the ones I met were nice)

Drum roll................

1..the guys of REFLECTIONS... (these guys are very professional and just all around nice)
2. MARC STYLES ( regardless of all his haters...he's the real deal..you get what you see...pure honesty)
3. KLS...(well....met them for the 1st time in Minnesota and they still remembered us in Fresno and even stopped by to say hi....no ego trips there...or could it be that we're distant cousins....lol..)
4. Back II BACK...(super nice guys...easy to talk to and....yea ..distant cousins too)
5. 5 N Tears...the lead singer..Wayne...he's the nicest person. I've met him once and I was really impressed at how well this guy carries himself. Not arrogant or cocky like some others that I've had the unfortunate sense to meet....lol....but helpful and honest.
6. KISS LIVE...lol....say what you all want to say about this guy...BUT he's a sweetheart..lol...at first I was really aprehensive after reading all your comments on him...but once we started chatting in Fresno...he shared a lot of the same ideas and philosophies as most of the other artists...lol....
7. Kong & Shu Project...awesome guys with great personalities
8. Zinc....what can I say...we know them...lol....
9. Evol...good guys. Very respectful and friendly.
10. Plucky ...a sweeheart all around. Very shy, but very knowlegable...
11. Proto J...great personality...
12. 4th Dimension...very nice ...somehow we've always end up at the same venues...lol...

I've only met these artists below and spoken to them briefly...but I thought they were nice.

Suddenrush
The Clue
Skyline
5 Reasons
Likewise
Logo & Dulce Khan
Brian Thao

a bunch of rap artists that I am so sorry I keep forgeting their names....lol...and yes...RAP artists are some of the nicest people out there....lol...I'm just really bad with names...lol

i dunt like proto j...n brain thao...especially his brothers...

innoncent_mei

sarNie Juvenile
Mab sua- she pretty in person, smile alot when you ask her to take a photo, shy...
Chamee- very nice and talkative...
Der Thao- very pretty and talkative when you talk to her..heheh...

babeyelmo

sarNie Hatchling
you guys know that older guy in xab movie where he was super greedy? me and my aunt ask him to take a picture with us and he ignored us and turn his back on us and stuff and i think he wanted some money or something..haha then my grandma asked him then he was like ehhh sure

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
you guys know that older guy in xab movie where he was super greedy? me and my aunt ask him to take a picture with us and he ignored us and turn his back on us and stuff and i think he wanted some money or something..haha then my grandma asked him then he was like ehhh sure
lol. he sure didn't have any trouble playing that role then..
he was greedy of a picture

laydigien

sarNie Egg
let's see my stars i met..

Ashley Thao...aw..she's soo beautiful in person :wub: ..reminds me of Ann Throngprasom..very smiley and polite
in person...

Yia: The Bull Moua:...AWESOMMEEEE!!! :wub: had quite a lengthy convo. w/ him...i bet he was annoyed..but he was very friendly
and patient..but i like him so yeah...

Jerry Yang: Very nice..and interactive...plus he's very giving..in Nov. we had a car wash..he stopped by to wash his RICH ASS car
and donated 100 BUCKS! GO JERRY!

Ariya: O.M.G.! i was so amazed at how cute she was!! her MV does her no justices!! too bad i didn't get any pichas of her *tears*

Amanda Vang: i dunno if she was having a bad day but she was very.."dub muag"..not smiley at all..seems like she didn't want to be bothered..
which saddens me a bit cuz i'm a fan of her songs..but i will have to say she' so much prettier in real life

Dao Vue: Oh! go ahead mock me..but I like this guy...and yes i tink he's good looking and awesome! not cocky at all..maybe some of you are
confusing his "confidence" w/ cockiness? lol anysways...he's a real Hero... :) ...and i'm not crazie for saying tis...but maybe one day i'll share the "heroic
dao" story
Amanda Vang is generally a very sweet girl. She was extremely sick when she was there for the Fresno New Year, that could probably be why she seemed like she didn't want to be bothered. As for Dao, I've met him before too. He's okay. Kinda weird though cause he likes to wear sunglasses in a dark club.

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
Amanda Vang is generally a very sweet girl. She was extremely sick when she was there for the Fresno New Year, that could probably be why she seemed like she didn't want to be bothered. As for Dao, I've met him before too. He's okay. Kinda weird though cause he likes to wear sunglasses in a dark club.

i believe that even if you're sick you gotta at least smile...
i mean come on, you're a Hmong Celeb!!!
you can't be "don't want to be bother"

and as for Dao Vue wearing sun glasses in a dark room, lol...
i heard something about guys like that on a radio once...
forgot but it was SUPER funny!

simply_houa

sarNie Egg
hmm havent really talk to anyone of them
but my friend knew Dao last summer cuz he's friend with her aunt
when he met her he told her that he acts and all
she doesnt know cuz she doesnt watch hmong movies
then he was like "Well if you ever see me around just come up to me and say hi okay dont be shy at all"
so during fresno new years 08-09 she went up to him
tapped his shoulder and said "HI dao"
he just gave her a look and smiled a bit and left
she was kinda mad and thought that was really rude

my oppinion i think he's hot
but i see cockyness in him
and dont really care much about him
no offense he suck at acting...for my oppinion

angelness

sarNie Egg
wow... you've been traveling. Well, not everyone can be nice all the time. Imagine the amount of people they meet. They're human being's... sometimes they have their days, sometimes not. I don't socialize with a lot of Hmong celebrity.

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
hehe..after reading all of you guys comment, i just have to laugh for the day..lol.
i've seen some but never did i ever approach and talk to them. :D

tearsofautumn

sarNie Hatchling
I think it would depend on who the star is and what they do because in you are always in the media eye's...it's stressful and your life is out in the open :D

I remembered back in "03", i went to July 4th...it was a pretty exciting time for me cause i was hoping to meet a few of my favorite bands. I thought it would be cool and awesome to just say "Hi, how are you guys"? and show my support. Well, i rather not say any name or band because it was so long ago and it was never my intention to be his girlfriend, wanting to be his girlfriend or anyone else's girlfriend. I know my limit and what i want as a boyfriend, but he got the wrong impression and thought i was interested. Anyhow, one of his friend was talking to me and ask for my number, but i wouldnt give it him because he's a jerk...not someone you would want to talk to. I guess they were in a rush to go somewhere or do something so he (the guy from the band) came over...tap his friend on the shoulder and say, I repeat..."dude, why are you wasting time on such a local girl when you can have the hot babes standing over there". He looked at me and say..."someone like you could never be with us cause you're just not what we are looking for". From that moment on, the excitiment and interest in seeing my favorite band just vanish into thin air...no more favorite band. I do still supoort and like a lot of other bands, but just not passionate enough to meet them or talk to them in person...maybe just a glance from a distance ;)

I hope you guys have better luck with the stars than i do..hehe..!!

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I think it would depend on who the star is and what they do because in you are always in the media eye's...it's stressful and your life is out in the open :D

I remembered back in "03", i went to July 4th...it was a pretty exciting time for me cause i was hoping to meet a few of my favorite bands. I thought it would be cool and awesome to just say "Hi, how are you guys"? and show my support. Well, i rather not say any name or band because it was so long ago and it was never my intention to be his girlfriend, wanting to be his girlfriend or anyone else's girlfriend. I know my limit and what i want as a boyfriend, but he got the wrong impression and thought i was interested. Anyhow, one of his friend was talking to me and ask for my number, but i wouldnt give it him because he's a jerk...not someone you would want to talk to. I guess they were in a rush to go somewhere or do something so he (the guy from the band) came over...tap his friend on the shoulder and say, I repeat..."dude, why are you wasting time on such a local girl when you can have the hot babes standing over there". He looked at me and say..."someone like you could never be with us cause you're just not what we are looking for". From that moment on, the excitiment and interest in seeing my favorite band just vanish into thin air...no more favorite band. I do still supoort and like a lot of other bands, but just not passionate enough to meet them or talk to them in person...maybe just a glance from a distance ;)

I hope you guys have better luck with the stars than i do..hehe..!!
oh gosh thats so mess! u shuld really tell us who that band is.

kulyia

RUK
i would like to share.. New Breed arent cocky. their(Xai&Cheng) very funny and slow, and weird. lol. Their just like us ; folks NOT in industry. they are not that different from my ghetto brothers. lol. well, im not close to the others, but they seem quiet and just like any other typical hmong guy.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i didn't meet her in person...but went to her concert..so i tink it was a poor choice of her not to even smile...

anyways for Dao...I saw him do something reallie heroic so the "cockiness" tat ppl always label him with
won't change tat much of my opinion