April Vang former band Paradise releasing solo album

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
i heard that april vang former band from paradise is realising her solo album...is it out yet? anyone got a chance to listen to the preview?.....

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
I thought she need some time on school? stupid little... thing... skipping Paradise.. lolz.. sorry.

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
hahaha...yeah..she's having an album out...maybe by dec...but i'm not sure yet...i'll let u guys know when she tells me...the reason why she's not in paradise anymore is because they're going to all die out pretty soon anyways..and its good for her to go on her own...plus...because of school..she's not going to have time to travel with the band...she has to go according to her schedule...and its going to be very difficult for her and the band if their schedule collides with her school schedule...

leek18

sarNie Adult
yeah this is true but the album is not out yet? it will be release on december. i don't support all this people because they always sing some american lyrics because we are hmong and we have to sing hmong lyrics only that is so stupid to all group band member

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
well..ur rite in a way..but u have to understand that we all live in a dif. world now...but i'm sure she'll have some hmong songs in there as well...

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
That's cool I really like her voice and I'm prett sure that there will be some Hmong songs in there..or lyrics w/e. Well looking forward to it than XD

Mae

sarNie Adult
yeah this is true but the album is not out yet? it will be release on december. i don't support all this people because they always sing some american lyrics because we are hmong and we have to sing hmong lyrics only that is so stupid to all group band member
Yes we are Hmong so we should sing Hmong lyrics, but most Hmong bands have American names and sing in both languages... So, are you suggesting that Hmong should only sing in Hmong, thus shouldn't Hmong bands have a Hmong name only? Just curious because I know you're in a Hmong band, but your band has an English name? It's the same argument as you proposed for singing in Hmong but I wanted to challenge your views about the name... Not trying to diss you or anything because I look forward to listening to Advent Vibes and watching 3 Lub Tooj Npab.

Anyways...it would be great if all Hmong bands only sung in Hmong, but we are a forever changing society. In fact I like some songs that are sung in English, such as Just 4 Love by Destiny, I'll find my way by Whyteshawdow...Some of these turned out very beautiful. Another thing is that most Hmong find it a burden to be part of two cultures, but instead of looking at it that way. We all should feel priviledged that we get to endure both cultures and embrace it.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Yes we are Hmong so we should sing Hmong lyrics, but most Hmong bands have American names and sing in both languages... So, are you suggesting that Hmong should only sing in Hmong, thus shouldn't Hmong bands have a Hmong name only? Just curious because I know you're in a Hmong band, but your band has an English name? It's the same argument as you proposed for singing in Hmong but I wanted to challenge your views about the name... Not trying to diss you or anything because I look forward to listening to Advent Vibes and watching 3 Lub Tooj Npab.

Anyways...it would be great if all Hmong bands only sung in Hmong, but we are a forever changing society. In fact I like some songs that are sung in English, such as Just 4 Love by Destiny, I'll find my way by Whyteshawdow...Some of these turned out very beautiful. Another thing is that most Hmong find it a burden to be part of two cultures, but instead of looking at it that way. We all should feel priviledged that we get to endure both cultures and embrace it.

You are right that in all reality we are living in America and times are forever changing. I think what he meant to say was that if they are a hmong singer or band then they should at least sing 90% of their songs in hmong. Yes, Advent Vibe is a hmong band with an American Name, it was a name that we felt best described us since we are indeed caught in two very different worlds. But unlike most other bands...the boys are under contract and will not have control of what they sing, wear or do. SEG writes and composes all their music and fronts everything so that they can create the image that SEG wants. We at SEG believes that we're hmong and should be singing in hmong , but we also understand that we're still caught in American culture ,so 90% of the music will be in Hmong. Although we would love to have the boys rap in hmong...sometimes it just does not work because of the difficulty of our language. But..I believe that it can be done...so we will try to perfect that in our songs. This is our first step into the hmong music industry so please excuse us if we don't do very good on it on our first run. With time I'm sure we'll get better. Of course we do plan to cross-over to sing in English some time in the future...but thats when we feel that the boys are ready for that. As of now....they're all required to attend weekly vocal and dance lessons.

I am very happy that April will be releasing her new album. She has a beautiful voice.

Thanks for all of your support and hope to see you all at our first performance on May 4th, 2007.

SEG

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
oh kewl, april has a solo album!!! yea!!! she has a beautiful voice..

i hope her album is in english because i'm not a fan of her hmong song.. she sounds better in english... :) i can't wait... :)

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i wonder why this topic is becoming so controversial... ehhehe...

i should release my own album.... i'll be just like hung... ehheheh