any upcoming projects??

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
where did you view the trailer? all i see is the two clips focusing on the characters.
honestly, i'm kinda disappointed at the lack of promotions for this movie. i personally waited forever to see the trailers. if there is alot of effort as it claims to be then i expected more out from it. from the website to promotions and even more pictures of the characters. and they expect the movie to be sold this weekend with little promotions (only through myspace). nevertheless, i will be ordering this movie. i just thought that PC could have done more promotions for this movie.
Where can i order this movie?

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The video has been removed by the user (Scrad Entertainment a.k.a SEG) at Youtube.
You'll have to wait till it's put out again.

Here's a little screencap from the trailer/teaser that was removed:

Description:
Sean (I think) and Micheal (MTV) was driving and they almost ran over Kalia (Mai Lia Lor). They cause her to fall off her bike, she of course gets angry and yells at them for not looking where they were driving. She yells in hmong to them too. Micheal gets fed up and quickly shoves Kalia some money, that's where he goes on saying how he hates poor people/lower class people, he says it infront of Kalia. He gets to the car and tells Sean to hurry up. The trailer transition alot to Kalia's sister problem, cause the sister is shown telling Kalia that she's pregnant. There's a scene where Kalia scolds Daniel (another rich guy), he had some flowers for her, she says something about how "you three guys look down on me because you guys are rich," she gets mad, seems like she gets offended easily.

There's also promotion at their site so check it out: http://www.scradentertainmentgroup.com/

nothinghill

sarNie Egg
I was kind of disappointed that the trailer emphasis more on the leading lady's sister. And MTV (Muaj Tseeb Vaj) the leading guy was only feature once.

I like how MTV made the disgusted look when he said "Cas kuv yuav txub cov neeg pluag ua luaj li lo (Why/Man, I hate poor people so much)." lol. He look piss off, a good expression. I like when Mai Lia Lor speaks hmong, it's better than her English.

Let me point...in the beginning where the text are shown, happily was spell "happly." Also in Mai Lia Lor's dialogue, where she got knocked off from the bike she says "this is not a racing track" I think the suffix "ing" should had been taken out, so she would be saying "this is not a race track" it would had sounded better. Also for a trailer, the transition used were casual blackout/black in. It could had been stronger if there was a glittery or explosion transition, something to intensify the situation.

It's just a 1 min. 46 sec. clip, so I'm judging according to the trailer. I think there will be more intensity than what meets the eye.

oh come on nancy, be nice...people make mistakes... HINT: you made a few errors on here too...

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
don't get mad now people!!!!!!! SEG take it off because they want to reedit the trailer. so now they are reediting the trailer to attract the audience so please be patient. when the trailer done they will upload it again. The trailer that they did is just a rush trailer because lots of people has been asking for it so now they are rediting the trailer so please be patient

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
they already promote their movie on the hmong radio monday (yesterday) in sacramento and maybe you guys all miss it

where did you view the trailer? all i see is the two clips focusing on the characters.
honestly, i'm kinda disappointed at the lack of promotions for this movie. i personally waited forever to see the trailers. if there is alot of effort as it claims to be then i expected more out from it. from the website to promotions and even more pictures of the characters. and they expect the movie to be sold this weekend with little promotions (only through myspace). nevertheless, i will be ordering this movie. i just thought that PC could have done more promotions for this movie.
Where can i order this movie?

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
hey you guys im in this movie and even i haven't seen it!!! i'm like dying to watch it too..but sadly enough other's will get to view it before me...lol..oh wells can't wait to see it...and don't be hating cuz SEG AND KKE did go through a lot to film this movie...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i'm not hating. i'm just dissappointed at the last minute promotions. and how about those who doesnt live in the sacramento area? they should have still kept the old trailer and when they re edit it they can always replaced it.
what role do you play kaab_nis or angela?

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
If you already watched the trailer and heard one of the guys mention "Ida" when he is giving the main girl flowers, well that's me. i play the friend of the main girl (Kalia) and cousin to one of the main guys (Daniel). My character is kinda like a matchmaker for Daniel and Kalia...something like that...but i still can't wait for the movie. lol

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
um i don't have their number at the moment right now...sorry that I'm no help but you can try emailing the producer/director Pahoua Chang.

here's her email address

pahouac@gmail.com

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
oh come on nancy, be nice...people make mistakes... HINT: you made a few errors on here too...
I'm just pointing out little mistake and giving advice. It's like if a guy has their fly open, wouldn't you tell them to zip it up. Or do you just let it be so they can be more humiliated? If I wasn't nice I would had just describe the trailer with one word, which would had been harsh, but I didn't. Just because I point out some flaws, doesn't mean I'm a degrading anyone.

I made a few errors here (in my response), I could, because I'm not making money out of my words.

If a piece of work/project is released to make profit it should at least be more professional. I wouldn't expect anyone to be perfect though, people makes mistakes so they can learn from them.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
a "race track" and a "racing track" sounds the same and makes no big difference. even for a big hollywood production such as clint eastwood's gran torino, the audition sides contain so many errors such as "...the communists starting killing the hmong". as a big hollywood film, that is a big no no.
and when you talk of glittering or explosion transitions, in media class we are taught to stay away from glittering or explosion type because they will make the video amateurish and kiddish. i cant recall any hollywood movies trailer using glittering or explosion transitions, they're just more clean cut and uses a faster cut in and cut to. otherwise the usual simple black transitions is always the safest. unless you were talking about a totatlly different kind of glittery and explosion transitions then my apologies.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The trailer was very calm, I wasn't moved by it (someone did mention it was a "rush trailer"). Glitter and explosion (I don't mean those pre-made ones that fill the screen which is usually used with text only. What I had in mind was like if you look into a pool of glittering water, it would zoom into the sparkles, it would flash back to when you were caught in a rain storm outside arguing with a boyfriend/girlfriend, a sad time). If not transition then the use of effects during little scenes, is also a good idea. Like if there's an dramatic scene, the scene should pause or go negative, zoom in on a serious expression or something. I just wanted something to intensify the mood.

I wasn't looking into hollywood trailer when I was thinking of transition, I was thinking of Korean movie/drama trailers cause they're very creative, sometimes they make these beautiful frame sets too for their themes. If you seen "My Girl" when the episode ends, there's sparkles/glitter, I was thinking something like that.

Here's an example of hollywood trailer with glitter (I think this is the amateurish style your thinking, which is not what I had in mind). "Glitter" Starring: Mariah Carey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XtvpJsCLs

But most people wants to stay on the safe side and doesn't want to be creative than that's fine with me.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
when you were talking about glitters and explosion i thought you were talking about those things that they have on slideshows or something. i have not seen my girl but if i am correct i believe you are talking about fade ins and fade outs. transitions and fade ins can be simliar and hard to distinguish but are quite different.
i must agree with you korean drama are quite creative when it comes to their trailers. they're fast upbeat and exciting and out there. and that's what we like about them. its really juicy however almost half of those dramas are dead boring. they just have effective music that stirred up the mood, wonderful color scheme, and good camera angles.
i dont know about you ladies but when i watch a kdrama trailer, i feel like i can already predict what's gonna happen in the drama already.
another thing to note is that editing a movie/trailer is a long hard complicated confusing process that uses up most of your brain power that by the end of the day you are dead exhausted. and sometimes editing never comes out the way how you want it to be. i have edit alot of times to know how time consuming and frustrating it can be. to zoom into the water and have a ripple effect and then slowly fade into a flashbacks would probably take 1-2 hours or more depending on how much of a perfection you are, and the ripple effects have to be as natural as ever and the transitions have to be clean cut and not choppy. y dont you try being creative on final cut?

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I'm done a few MV (something I do for fun) using software/programs like "window movie maker" or sometimes "power director", I have little experience, but...I can understand the frustration. It would be even complicated in a trailer, the editor would have to pick out scenes that stands out, yet doesn't give out too much to the viewer. The pressure is, cutting down an 8 hour drama and basically summarizing/sypnosis it in 1-2 min. (trailer).

Maybe you're more predictable toward k-drama because the majority of them are similar, I'm talking about illness that cause one of the main leads to die at the end and those series of season (winter, autumn, summer, etc.).

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
windows media player is simple compare to final cut pro or final cut studio 2. those are the softwares that professionals use. and it is so freaken difficult and confusing. try using final cut but the software is so freaken damn expensive. its true i'm so fed up with the recycle movie themes that my predictions are usually 98% correct. but what can i say, koreans have money to produce their film. hmong productions right now are mostly from their own personal pockets. which brings me to my next point? when can i order my movie?

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I will try final cut studio when I have the chance.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Kaab Nis" mention you can try contacting the producer/director at her gmail:

pahouac@gmail.com