almost got hit by a car at work

little

sarNie Adult
I'm a happy person and always feel/think that way. I know I'm not a good driver. It happened 3 incidents with the mini mail cart today. It's like a mail man truck but a smaller version. The brake is stiff doesn't seem to work and the reverse just goes back fast if I step on it a little it doesn't go. 1st thing I went to the curb into the grass where cars are parked. 2nd I reversed back but it goes fast and I stepped on brake but it doesn't stopped keep rolling I change going forward doesn't happen right away the cart is backing near the truck so I kept stepping the gas petal to go forward all of a sudden it made a thump sound I'm not sure if I bump the truck or it just with the petal. Those already made me feel bad but another just happen right after. Last I want to cross the street I couldn't see (bushes blocking) and didn't hear any car coming so when I coming down ready to cross the street I wanted to slow down and brake before I cross but the cart just going so when I did cross a car was coming by I almost hit the car but lucky he swerve a little. It was his fault too I think he went more than 25mph. People sometimes traveled like 40+ there and it's a business/companies there so it should be set at 25 mph. I almost got hit at work that would be crazy but lucky I was safe and nothing happen lucky no one sees it too I guess I need to express this out.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i hope you're okay.
it was good that no one got hurt.

i think everyone driver goes through something like that.
you have to experience bad things in life too.

im sure you're a good driver.
it's okay. this happened.
it's an experience to remember.

take care.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm a happy person and always feel/think that way. I know I'm not a good driver. It happened 3 incidents with the mini mail cart today. It's like a mail man truck but a smaller version. The brake is stiff doesn't seem to work and the reverse just goes back fast if I step on it a little it doesn't go. 1st thing I went to the curb into the grass where cars are parked. 2nd I reversed back but it goes fast and I stepped on brake but it doesn't stopped keep rolling I change going forward doesn't happen right away the cart is backing near the truck so I kept stepping the gas petal to go forward all of a sudden it made a thump sound I'm not sure if I bump the truck or it just with the petal. Those already made me feel bad but another just happen right after. Last I want to cross the street I couldn't see (bushes blocking) and didn't hear any car coming so when I coming down ready to cross the street I wanted to slow down and brake before I cross but the cart just going so when I did cross a car was coming by I almost hit the car but lucky he swerve a little. It was his fault too I think he went more than 25mph. People sometimes traveled like 40+ there and it's a business/companies there so it should be set at 25 mph. I almost got hit at work that would be crazy but lucky I was safe and nothing happen lucky no one sees it too I guess I need to express this out.

if its the company vehicle, i would suggest that you report that the brake and such isnt working properly...its better safe than sorry...

i hope youre okay too..for future use of this vehicle!

just try to not park too close to any other vehicle til this issue gets resolve... soon i hope! please take care.

little

sarNie Adult
i didn't feel like i want to use it either it's not far i rather walk plus more safer for me cause i'm not a good driver just cross the street to another building

snluvdrama12

sarNie Egg
I've been hit by a car just crossing the street--yes I looked both ways. My neighbor hit me--luckily he was driving super slow. My ankle hurt for a couple of days. I didn't tell my dad b/c he would have been very angry w/ the driver.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
I've been hit by a car just crossing the street--yes I looked both ways. My neighbor hit me--luckily he was driving super slow. My ankle hurt for a couple of days. I didn't tell my dad b/c he would have been very angry w/ the driver.

:eek: so wait, did he even came out to ask if you were okay or pay for anything..like med for your ankle atleast!? :huh:

snluvdrama12

sarNie Egg
Yes he asked how I was doing and I told him I'll be fine. When something like this happens to you the adrenaline kicks in and you don't really feel anything--numbness was what I felt. I was just so shocked and I was in denial and thought it was a dream. Of course after all was said and done the pain kicked in a couple of hours later.
When the man hit me I ran forward--luckily that lessen the intensity of the impact. Being the clutz that I am I somehow twisted my ankle while running forward away from the car.
I didn't have him pay for anything b/c I didn't go to the doctor's for the inj.--luckily it wasn't that serious.
I am all about forgiving--forgetting is however a lot harder to do.
This happened when I was in college a couple of years back--when I was pulling all nighters for exams and papers.
I've had plenty of time to reflect and kind of get over it. Let me just say I really look both ways when I cross the street now.