ah ha ha!!!!

stephanie

sarNie Adult
ahhh! omg! i hate it when your talking to a guy and later you find out that you two are related! ah ha ha! sick!!! but then again it's only in hmoob culture! but yea... i still wont date a relative! especially if my aunt is dating his brother or my dad's 1st cousin is dating his sister! and one of my dad's cousin is married to his cousin!!! ah ha ha! sick!!! ewww! what do you guys think about "relative dating????"

bugsy

sarNie Adult
hahahaha....this is funny. And umm....yea.....gross. But .... it sucks because if you REALLY think about it....we're all related in one way or another. Like...i might be your 5497623847 cousin. But we'll still be related. ahhahah.

Yea it's funny cause Me and this guy really liked eachother but we didn't go out yet...and like when we all went to the New years, I saw my dad and that boy's dad talking and i asked my dad..."who's that?" and he was like "Your Uncle". And i just thought it was plain nasty. Yea, I also HATE talking to boys that are the same last name as you. I am a Thow and most Thow guys are cute! But too bad!

neena

sarNie Adult
hmm...am i the only one not disgusted by it?

lol...my aunt is married to her cousin and my uncle is married to his aunt's daughter....

i don't find it gross at all for some reason, i guess i grew up knowing that in the hmong culture you could marry your cousin. i'm not into the marrying same last name thing though...forbidden in my family....grew up knowing that too.

neena said:

lol...my aunt is married to her cousin and my uncle is married to his aunt's daughter....

i don't find it gross at all for some reason, i guess i grew up knowing that in the hmong culture you could marry your cousin. i'm not into the marrying same last name thing though...forbidden in my family....grew up knowing that too.
[post="156059"][/post]​
Hmm, really? I mean, the only cousin you can marry is the cousin from your mom's side, cause they still have the different last name. Yea, I can never marry a same last name though.

neena

sarNie Adult
ntxais_hmoob_thoj said:
Hmm, really? I mean, the only cousin you can marry is the cousin from your mom's side, cause they still have the different last name. Yea, I can never marry a same last name though.
[post="156095"][/post]​

Yeah, my aunt is married to her uncle's son. <<<yeah you could only marry cousins from your mom's side because your mom carry's a different last name.

anjos

neena said:

[post="156059"][/post]​

yep...I with you too..... it ok for me.... I know lots of people do that.... as for the same last name....I believe no one can marry their own last name...... lots of hmong people marry....thier cousin..... my husband's brother married their cousin's daughter..... and my friend she's married to her aunt's son....they are really colse but it normal....

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
well...ahahaha...there was this one guy who i think is cute but later found out he's some how my nephew! hehe...but yea i have a cousin (aunt's daughter)who married who is married to my other cousin (1st cousin)

stephanie

sarNie Adult
ah ha ha! it's so werid how all hmoob ppl are some how related! kinda phunky tho! but yea... it sux tht thao boys are cute!!! too bad i'ma thao too! ah ha ha! but just thinking of talking to a guy u "have" to address has "uncle" is sick! ahhhh! lol....

tik_aom_luver

sarNie Adult
THIS IS THE ONE THING I HATE THE MOST ABOUT HMONG CULTURE....I MEAN....I REALLY LIKED THIS GUY WHO ALSO LIKED ME TOO....BUT WE BOTH FOUND OUT THAT WE HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME....THAT TOTALLY SUCKED!!!! CAUSE HE WAS SO DAMN FINE....."SIGH".......SO SAD....... :(

wannabi

sarNie Egg
interesting...let me add my thoughts too.

I don't find it to be a bother as long as the two are not too related as in blood and just not the same families over and over. My family "clan" and another family "clan" had been marrying eachother for many generations now and it's still happening.

It doesn't bother me as long as I'm not involved, well I was involved in two marriages and I was pretty pissed cause I got yell at for their marriage. Anywase I find myself still too young to start dating (I"m 21) so when guys with the same last name try to hit on me, I feel better cause he just stop talking at the instant, which makes me feel better cause I don't feel too comfortable around guys. One time it happened and he was like Oh shit! Let's be brother and sister only then. I was like Oh yeah, definitely Bye! ...more like Goodbye hahaah

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
i think it's okay to date your relative as long as you guys are not related by blood. as for last name... haahha i know that such because a lot of cute boy are vang and i'm a vang. hehehe but in the hmong culture we all might just be related hahahahaha.

Jakrapun_Lover

sarNie Egg
Wow that's gross than becuase u like that guy some much but then tha minute u ask him then u see ur parents talkin to tha guy's parents and then u ask who he was then u start feeling really gross out ewwww.....ewwww....ewwwww....

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
yajvaj said:
well...ahahaha...there was this one guy who i think is cute but later found out he's some how my nephew! hehe...but yea i have a cousin (aunt's daughter)who married who is married to my other cousin (1st cousin)
[post="156501"][/post]​

me too...well, there was a family meeting cause one of my relative is getting married...and he's older than me but he is my nephew...well, I saw his bro's, my other nephew I guess, son and I'm so sad to this day that I'm his great aunt or something...and he has the same last name as me...if we didn't have the same last name, I wouldn't care if I was his great aunt...I don't know how it turned out that my dad is younger than his dad but my dad is somehow his dad's grandpa...that's freaky...

well, I don't know what to say about this cause to me sometimes it depends on who we're talking about and how related they are so yeah...

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
stephanie said:
ah ha ha! it's so werid how all hmoob ppl are some how related! kinda phunky tho! but yea... it sux tht thao boys are cute!!! too bad i'ma thao too! ah ha ha! but just thinking of talking to a guy u "have" to address has "uncle" is sick! ahhhh! lol....
[post="156536"][/post]​

if-only said:
i think it's okay to date your relative as long as you guys are not related by blood. as for last name... haahha i know that such because a lot of cute boy are vang and i'm a vang. hehehe but in the hmong culture we all might just be related hahahahaha.
[post="156632"][/post]​
haha...I'm starting to think we are attracted to guys with our last names!!! because this isn't the first time I've heard or read of girls likeing guys with their last names...
I mean like for example, vang girls go, "vang boys are cute"
xiong girls go "xiong boys are cute"
and I a lee and I go "lee guys are cute!"

stephanie said:
[post="156536"][/post]​

Ha hA! I noe wat u mean, man. That's why when boyz talk to u at the New Years, I alwas be askin their last names if they don't ask me first!

And I agree with u...Thao Boyz are fione ass hell!