advice on Losing Actually weight?

kulyia

RUK
Okay, On friday, in sixth period me and my friend ditched to PE.And i had on skinny jeans and long white sleeve and white shirt on top.It was raining real hard too so we all went into the gym.And i was sitting and a old friend came by and sat with me.And after she sat she turned over and said GIRL YOU GAINED WEIGHT!And i was like Yeah iknoe BUT DANG u dont have to point it straight out!lol.I need help on losing weight..im too young to try pills.And if i do, my brothers and ma and sisters and DAD will kill me..these im currently doing..ONLY

*lay hip on chair having legs hang off at back, and do push ups.15-20*
but ihavent been doing it lately..

*Doing sit-ups, which dont seem to work*15*

*Dieting Tea*
which dont seem to work.But just giving me stomache pains.=[

those are it..any tips?..And Experiences??

Iremember back in middle school when i joined tennis.i actually lost 15 LBS in 1 or 2 months.Im those type of thick chicks who dont lose weight easily, and loves to eat, but dont eat when Depressed.Just when bored..hehe.PLUS real lazy iadmit.....iknoe iknoe junk not allowed, JUST WATER..is rice and water good?..lol..ASIAN VERSION..haha..thank you folks

&&ineed to lose atleast 20 or 30 or 40LBS before summer..Going down south to OC and LOS VEGAS baby..=DYes iknoe i weight ALOT..im phat ican say..=D

sulad

sarNie Adult
Myself need to lose weight too, but here's some advice that may help:
Always eat your 3 meal (Skipping it doesn't help), but make it a small portion.
Running helps alot and when you run, run until you think you need to catch your breathe and rest ( As by slowing down the run) then run again.
Dancing is always good.
When you're acutally working out always make sure that your heart is beating, by that it help metobolism running.
You acutally don't have to workout everyday, if you're tight in schdule just make sure you do a 3 day workout weekly.
Well I hope that works, myself need to start losing some serious weight.

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
well here's some tips on my side. me and my sis been following this diet since new year eve and its super working.

i lost a few kgs while my lil sis lost about more than 2 kg alrdy.

- in the morning, u can either do aerobic exercise/jog/walk .. most importantly, u muz sweat for at least 30mins.

- then in the evening, i usually use a treadmill and run for another 30mins.

- no RICE at all diet (dont worry, u wont die. research done stated that human's stomache is not created to digest rice actually.)

- im not asking u to ban yourself frm eating your fav sweets/chips or w.e. but try to avoid it during weekdays. then during weekend, treat urself, but dont over do it :p

- for ur meals, eat fish and more fruits.

- breakfast eat like a king, lunch eat like a prince, during dinner eat like a pauper.

most importantly, it must come from deep within u to reduce ur weight. then u'll surely be able to resist all the temptation to eat n reduce ur weight =]

anan

sarNie Adult
Simple rules:

1) Stop trying to find miracle solutions ( miracle pills, tea, diet coke etc...), stop being lazy...

2) Do sport @ least 2h a week.

3) No junk food, fatty/oily/cheezy stuff, no sugar/sweet.

4) Eat normally at lunch time, & eat slowly, if possible, eat more vegies/fruits, fish and less meat.

5) Eat light at night

Pretty simple advices ^_^,
but probably too hard for some of us here... -_-

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Don't feel so bad, everyone packs pounds going into the new year from the holiday eatings.

First things first, don't eat when you are bored. That's how most people gain weight. Instead, you should only eat when you're hungry, and definitely try not to eat while watching t.v. or anything like that (even though I wouldn't blame you for doing so haha). And like cutefuzzy said, don't ban all sweets or else you will collapse and indulge.

As for rice, you should actually opt for brown rice as opposed to the white rice (even though I would never trade my white rice for brown lol), that's if you need rice like some Asians to be full, but the key thing here is you're trying to lose the pounds. There are actually healthy food that tastes good too, check out this site for the nutritional value of different foods: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3241667/...lity-Index.html
It's a reliable list and was published on one of the issues in National Geographic.

And you can check this vid out for more additional tips: http://stream.ucanr.org/Nutrition/nutrition_eatsmart.html and if you want more here's the website: http://groups.ucanr.org/FFO/index.cfm Here's another good one to check out too especially for teens, which I'm assuming you are: https://eatfit.net/

As for the last thing, don't slack off in p.e. like I did in high school lol. Especially when it's rainy and cold and the only options were stuff you could play inside the gymnasium or the cardio workout room.

Alas, I need to lose 1,000,000 lbs myself so don't be discouraged. Also, take little steps first. Don't jump right into extensive exercise because your body is not used to it yet, and you will be really tired, which might discourage you from continuing on your weight loss goal. Good luck!!!

kulyia

RUK
Don't feel so bad, everyone packs pounds going into the new year from the holiday eatings.

First things first, don't eat when you are bored. That's how most people gain weight. Instead, you should only eat when you're hungry, and definitely try not to eat while watching t.v. or anything like that (even though I wouldn't blame you for doing so haha). And like cutefuzzy said, don't ban all sweets or else you will collapse and indulge.

As for rice, you should actually opt for brown rice as opposed to the white rice (even though I would never trade my white rice for brown lol), that's if you need rice like some Asians to be full, but the key thing here is you're trying to lose the pounds. There are actually healthy food that tastes good too, check out this site for the nutritional value of different foods: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3241667/...lity-Index.html
It's a reliable list and was published on one of the issues in National Geographic.

And you can check this vid out for more additional tips: http://stream.ucanr.org/Nutrition/nutrition_eatsmart.html and if you want more here's the website: http://groups.ucanr.org/FFO/index.cfm Here's another good one to check out too especially for teens, which I'm assuming you are: https://eatfit.net/

As for the last thing, don't slack off in p.e. like I did in high school lol. Especially when it's rainy and cold and the only options were stuff you could play inside the gymnasium or the cardio workout room.

Alas, I need to lose 1,000,000 lbs myself so don't be discouraged. Also, take little steps first. Don't jump right into extensive exercise because your body is not used to it yet, and you will be really tired, which might discourage you from continuing on your weight loss goal. Good luck!!!

aww..thanx for all the HELP and advices!!Okay, Grocery shopping it is..this just made my day!!im excited!icant wait to try these!..Horray!!!=DThanx again!!!=DDDDD

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
omg here is ma part haha im doin sports degree thing in skool hehe

well what we have been taught is to eat healthy and cut out all that chocolate u like and fatty foods takes aways and most stuff that contains fryin oils. If you eat stuff with too much carbohydrates and dont even use it through the day will make u gain weight. u need to make sure u excersise also increasing the amount of time/ weights press ups whatever u work out. example... 10 press ups first session increase to 20 on ur 2nd session and so on keep increasing. example on running stretch before running dont want an injury... run first time for like 20 mins or somethin slow down like a power walk if u need to slow down more. its not a race to run at ur own pace. next session can be like 30 mins u kno increase by 10 minutes .... make a route where u like to run. dont eat a big meal or anythin before u run... u might be sick.... umm try to eat less food like sizes. also try not snacking when not needed or eatin wen not needed. u kno swimming is a very good sport to loose some weight in. or fun a sport that u might like to play and join a team. do not eat before going to bed thats just wrong.... if u want to snack eat somethin that has fibre in it or fruit or salads so u can go to the bathroom more often. that tends to help lower weight too. dont drink sodas they full of sugar. try water.... hmm i think thats it for now.......

i did a 6 week PEP exercise programme for an athelete haha omg it was good i passed! so hope this helps u more :)

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
Simple rules:

1) Stop trying to find miracle solutions ( miracle pills, tea, diet coke etc...), stop being lazy...
yessss dis is important. u won't keep off ur weight if u do what anan said not to do in #1.

if u wanna lose weight and keep it off then u should start to exercise regularly. u can start by walking for 30min or more a day. but walking slowly won't do nothin lol da recommended amt of exercise is 5 days a week and at least 30 min each time (dis is to lead a healthy life though if u wanna lose weight then go for more than 30min each time).

ur still in hs so please don't try to diet on ur own. u still need all da nutrients u can get cause ur still growing. IT IS OKAY to have junk food but not too much. just as long as u keep active. lifting weights can help u lose fat faster too.

break down ur meals. u don't necessarily have to eat less every meal. u can eat more often but in smaller portions. dat helps ur metabolism. try to get in as many vegies and fruits and water as u can.

try to be consistent. i'm speaking from experience. when i was younger i was always told i was fat when really i wasn't. i was a size 1-3 and people told me i was fat and i ended up being anorexic. don't let anybody's comments bout u get to u. if ur happy w/ da way u are then good for u. but remember that regular exercise and eating healthily is da BEST way to stay away from all different kinds of cancers and heart disease and other chronic illnesses. don't beat urself up if u slip up and eat a cheeseburger or somethin lol it's ok to have junk food once in a while just don't over-do it. i'm a health promoter so when i saw dis thread i wanted to share lol i hope u reach ur goals and don't get frustrated and try to find a quick way to drop pounds. u'll gain it back as quick as u dropped dem.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol you know whats weird how when I read tips from others everything says cut this and cut that, but when I had gained over 20 extra lbs lol I lost it in 2 months and the funny thing is I ate everything that I normally eat -.-" LOL Pasta, Sushi, Mexican Food, Etc. This is what has worked for me.

In the morning I wake up and do a 15 minute stretch. I think about what my day is going to be like "3 Classes" Their Distance From Each Other Errands I will be running and So Forth. Monday's are my busy days So I wake up For breakfast I have French Toast and Bacon W/ Eggs (Deng That Sounds Fatty?) Well Not Entirely. I Also eat a fruit or yogurt Drink some silk milk or juice. Then I drive myself to class. I park on the other side of the building from school. So by the time I walk to my first class it's already a 15 Minute walk. After class I walk back to my car to put my books up and switch them with 2nd Class books then walk to 2nd class which is 10 minutes.

Take a snack I normally carry around 2 string cheese that you buy from the store for like 5 for a dollar etc. my water bottle and Some Packaged Pepperoni and Crackers. Take that in as my snack while I take a study break from my first two classes. It's only 10 Am at this point so I would go to the school gym and spend like 30-45 Minutes there and then shower and head to my next class that starts at 11. Class ends at 11:45 Then it's 12 it takes 15 minutes to walk to the Student Union.

Lunch; I eat loads of stuff (Baked Potatoes, Pizza, Sushi, Pasta, Taco's, You name it I'll eat it if they have it LOL)

After Lunch I walk to my car which is like 15 minutes away from the student union. After I get to my car I drive home which isn't so far since I live across the street. I take my car because that way I can leave my stuff there and I'll have at least a 15 minute distance from everything. Home is like a 5 minutes distance from my class -.-" LOL anyhow after I get home I turn on some music and dance for like 30 minutes to at least 6 songs 6 songs that are like 5 or 4 minutes each. (Or I play DDR Sometimes)

Shower and then study. After I study I walk to my friend's place which is 20 minutes away and study with her for a little bit. After that I run all my errands such like mail stuff grocery shop etc. I clean the house on monday's too.

Take a snack before I clean the house actually.

Dinner: I cook anything that I feel like eating for myself and the husband but some times he's not home due to work and due to his family visits. So I eat alone lol

After Dinner I turn on one episode of lakorn that I'm currently addicted too. Since I use the Dvr I record the lakorns that Air Live and save it. That way it has commercials. While the episode is playing I use the "Ab Lounge" and rock in it while the lakorn is airing. When commerical comes on I get off the Ab Lounge and do some wind mills and stuff with my arms and legs so that way it works out my arms and legs also.

My days are like that Monday, but the other days I work out only on Wed. Friday. you don't need to work out EVERYDAY. It's actually bad to work out so much. 30 minutes a day is good if you can't work out everyday then you could work out an hour every other day.

The key is that as long as your body is in constant movement and if your always active you can pretty much eat as you like after you start losing weight your stomache will tighten and you will notice that you start to eat less on your own without having to portion yourself.

I use the Ab Lounge and DDR as work outs and they work very well. Dancing works also because you are moving all of your body. I have those 5lbs and 8lbs Danson balls to work out too and they have a cd that comes with it that I use for warm ups

Using this method -.-" I've lost like 20 lbs in 2 months it sounds impossible, but its not. The first week actually I gained 3 lbs but after that my portions got smaller because my stomache was tighteng so I was skipping meals and my metabolism started building it's own fats to make up for what I was missing

Another thing I also did was I wanted to lay off sweets because my relatives all have diabetes and I don't want to run the risk myself so what I did was I didn't eat sweets until Friday's. I subsituted soda for juice then it starting turning to water and I lost 5 lbs alone in one week just quitting soda. Plus my work outs

Everyone's body varies. Some people may be able to shed as fast as I did and for some it may take longer -.-" but you have to stay motivated.

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i have been trying so hard to lose weight and finally slowly i did i lost 30 pounds my senior year caused i joined sports and eat little i guess, but since i went to college i gained it all back! =( i guess i have to say eat small portion and do activities. it dont have to be and everyday thing

MasterMind

sarNie Hatchling
Step 1: Drink water all day long to flush out toxins and keep hydrated. No colas or juices, etc. Just pure H20.

Do that for a week. Next week add another step.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I didn't get the freshmen 15 but got the sophomore 15. :p Freshmen year I was too busy to eat and when I did at the cafeteria the food was so gross I stuck to salads, wraps and stuff. Then when I moved into an apartment the next year and stopped going out so much so that did a number on my weight.

There's good advice on here, how I did it was running every weekday for a mile. No sweets or sodas, just fruit, yogurt and salad for lunch and then a real but small dinner. And I stopped pigging out everytime I went home on holidays for those home cooked meals.

aznteadybear

sarNie Egg
From experience I worked out one hour a day and starved myself for 2 weeks to shock my body a little bit. Then again I was a heavy drinker and I was a pretty big guy. The first thing you should do is prioritize and see what it is that you are willing to give up and not willing to give up. Then you find substitutes that are healthier. My favorite snack use to be cheese and beef jerky, but I started subbing that with Celery and Peanut Butter. I don't recommend starving yourself though or using pills and tea those things work but they aren't good for you.

kitkat

sarNie Elites
I have a weight problem... I tend to lose some pounds then gain it back 'cause I just can't get rid of my eating habits. =_= My roommate told me if we want to lose weight really fast--- eat only berries/nuts/water and intense aerobics then you'll be fit in no time. However, this method mostly isn't good for anyone whom lacks determination or has a food lifestyle [such as "I need rice, meat, sauces, etc"]. I'm planning to do it in February to get a fresh start, lol. ^^;

Beside I think this method is TOO HARD for most people including myself but it works. I remembered one of my literature teachers shed A LOT when she ate only apples/water within a month and half. Again, it might look unhealthy but you can cheat a tiny bit like small portion of brown rice with grilled chicken [no fried/greasy allowed]. And of course, exercise still is mandatory 'cause I know you don't want your body looks disformed, lol.

I've seen my roommate's little brother often using this method especially he's a high-school wrestler himself. =)

MasterMind

sarNie Hatchling
I have a weight problem... I tend to lose some pounds then gain it back 'cause I just can't get rid of my eating habits. =_= My roommate told me if we want to lose weight really fast--- eat only berries/nuts/water and intense aerobics then you'll be fit in no time. However, this method mostly isn't good for anyone whom lacks determination or has a food lifestyle [such as "I need rice, meat, sauces, etc"]. I'm planning to do it in February to get a fresh start, lol. ^^;
Interesting you should mention this. I've been on the nuts/fruit/water regime for a week and it rocks! The thing is I work so much that to prevent myself from eating bad food, I snack on nuts and bananas with green tea and water all day long. The only thing I'm missing is exercise! I don't weight myself, but I definitely feel better, my clothes are looser, and I have so much more energy. No sugar slump in the afternoon. :)

I think it's not so hard for me to do this because it's easy and convenient, and when my tummy gets hungry I just start munching on nuts. And I'm at a place that doesn't have a lot of choices in food. I miss Chicago and Korean food and Chinatown.! So I'm saving the calories to really enjoy the food that I love!

I'm stealing the line from Ego in Ratatioulle: "If I don't love it, I don't swallow."

MasterMind

sarNie Hatchling
I didn't actually do this to lose weight. I did it to detox my body. Been reading the book You: Staying Young. Love this book!!!

I have every intention of stopping the aging process right in it's track!! (Which is probably not relevant for most of y'll in this forum. Lucky you. :) )