Accounting and Finance

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Let's say someone who doesn't have a background in that area what should they expect when they get into that field? Is there a lot of math involve and if so what sort of math....easy, basic. Addition and subtraction or is it hardcore math like statistic and calculus?

I really need help with this...thanks so much if anyone can answer and if you have a background in Finance or Accounting...can you tell me what does people or you do in that job or field? Like I need the 411....a lot of details would be of great use....:)

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
It is about math, but not as much as you think. Mostly it's simple subtraction and addition and statistic. It's not as easy as I'm making it out to though. Alot of accounting is a bunch of balancing sheets and rules and guidelines set up by GAAP. That's all I pretty much know.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
So it involves statistic but not too much is that so? Thanks guys...but the problem is I never took statistic since I'm a Communication major...and the fact of the matter is I only took one math course in college since like I said I was a Communication major.

So can someone walk me through on a typical day on a job involving accounting or finance...

I'm asking you guys cuz I feel it's easier then asking my friends they would get annoyed by my many questions.

Thanks

SunStar

sarNie Elites
yep...mostly math... BUT!!!! you need to be very accurate in your work.... your math has to be flawless and precise... cuz that's what accounting relies on... if you screw up a few numbers...then everything you do after that is all messed up....

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
SunStar said:
yep...mostly math... BUT!!!! you need to be very accurate in your work.... your math has to be flawless and precise... cuz that's what accounting relies on... if you screw up a few numbers...then everything you do after that is all messed up....
[post="154145"][/post]​
haha lol thanks Sunstar...my friend told me to go take some math course...lol...I was annoying her with so many question on it.

well as long as it is okay...I guess I'll see it for myself.

I like Math but just not crazy about it like some other people are...but my friend told me I should work hard at it since I'm Asian...talk about stereotyping a person.lol

Thanks everyone for the helpful hints...

gs

Sexy Back
a typical day on a job involving accounting or finance...

u sit all day and punch in numbers go thro stack of papers and input it in the computer using one of these prg....quickbooks, peachtree, and mas 90 u print out watever the employer as u to print could be checks, balance sheets,accounts receivable, acct payable and etc.

but if ur working with a company that dont use any of those prg good luck ur typical day will be working in the general ledger and u have to do the balance sheets, accounts receivable, and ect. manually more time consuming and u can only use pens reason...so u cant change the numbers if u make a mistake cross out the numbers and write the correct numbers above ur mistake

or u could be one of those people that goes to other company and do a check up on that company and write reports as too why that company is having a net loss and what that company should change or done to turn it into a net gain its like ur working undercover

Vanida

Save World Save Life
omg not accounting classes I took it in my junior years trust me its math and give me a headache the teacher that teaches it was being a dork lol for posting in big words "ACCOUNTING IS NOT MATH" just so we can take his classes and he have money for his teacher career and the teacher looks like a b**** but nice in a way but he looks lie those professsor that judge if u not ameicans whatever to him anyways if u mess up one number u skrew up everthing i hateit the tests and give me a headache

BlueMoon said:
So it involves statistic but not too much is that so? Thanks guys...but the problem is I never took statistic since I'm a Communication major...and the fact of the matter is I only took one math course in college since like I said I was a Communication major.

So can someone walk me through on a typical day on a job involving accounting or finance...

I'm asking you guys cuz I feel it's easier then asking my friends they would get annoyed by my many questions.

Thanks
[post="154100"][/post]​

ahaah ...u khnow it's a really easy job...because everything will go through by itself...u just need to have some basic khnowledges especially the prog and logiciel which treat with numbers or money....and u just have to enter it into and then the prog do it for u...

an la

sarNie Hatchling
The math requirement shouldn't be that bad. You need some calculus, but it is minor compared to a real calculus course. Accounting is sort of tough and tedious, you have many rules and guidelines to follow. And so far it deals with ledgers, balance sheets, finance statements. But then I plan to become an auditor so thats more like checking up on companies to make sure there is no fraud.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
i never took accounting but im an accounant for a local toyota dealership but it's all about the program, they do all the work and solving problems going through alot of scheldules on the program and balance everyday...so everything must zero out