A Promise To You :Rome/Rita: RTEAM

fun

Expired Sarnie
Rita is tough, I am a big time chicken. I wouldn’t dare move in Aff’s place. The catfight was quite a spectacular scene.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 11: Guess Who's Back?

As the elevator door closed, Rome slams Rita against the wall.

Rome: What do you think you were doing? This is a workplace, not a wrestling ring.

He steps back and paces around the limited area. He tried to let out his frustration. Rome pressed the ground level button. Rita was shocked, she couldn’t move. Rome seems angry and she didn’t want to agitate him even more. He stares into her eyes. Rita’s eyes glistened with tears, it reminded him of Aff. Inching closer, he cups her face. The cold touch made Rita gasp. In a trance, Rome leans in to wipe the tear from her face.

Rita: Ro—Rome. What are you doing?

He snapped out. The moment of weakness quickly turned into rage. He was embarrassed by the display between her and Aom. The workplace is supposed to be sophisticated and with respect, not the next bar-fight. Rome looks into Rita’s eyes; she looks vulnerable. His eyes trailed down to her lips. He had to teach her a lesson. A lesson about what happens to bad girls who don’t respect others. His hold become stronger, Rita instantly tried to peel them off her face. Her efforts were a waste. And in an instant, Rome forcefully kissed her. It was cold, hard, and painful.

To Rita, it lacked any emotion; there was nothing behind the kiss. Her lips were being abused, swollen by a horrible man. To Rome, his lips intertwine with the lushes, juicy, warm lips of a beautiful woman. He wanted more of it. He goes in for another one. His hands were no longer on her face. One was in the back of her head to make sure she can’t break their kiss, and the other move along Rita’s side. Rome had never done this before; exploring another person’s body was exciting. He became an animal, his kisses grew deeper. His tongue had explored every part of her mouth; and he wanted more.

Rita was disgusted; she wanted to throw up, to burn the taste of him out of her mouth. She was trapped. In her mind, she wondered why they haven’t reached the ground level yet. She eyed the buttons, it was stopped. But she swears she saw Rome press the ground level button. Then a figure appeared. A lovely lady with her finger on the emergency stop button, but how? They were the only two on the elevator when they enter. Could it be? The ghost looked a lot like Aff, but why would she want this to happen?

Freaked out of her mind, Rita pounds on Rome’s chest to stop and reassure her that it’s not her imagination. Of course Rome doesn’t stop; he finds it exciting when she pounds on his chest. Soon it annoys him, so he moves closer so her hands can’t move anymore, leaving no space between them. She stills see Aff there, holding the button. Rita closes her eyes, praying that the ghost will just leave. She tried to concentrate on something other than the ghost. Her attention turned to Rome. His kisses lacked everything. Even if she had never been kissed before, she knew it wasn’t supposed to be like this. She still opposed this and regret what she was going to do, but she had to. Rita finally got her hands freed; and she wrapped them around Rome’s neck. She was out to make him a better kisser.

Rita moved in closer and closer to Rome. He was still in his own little planet. She allowed her tongue into his mouth, gently playing with his. Her kisses were strong but passionate. They were intoxicating to Rome. He could feel that he wouldn’t stand much longer without ripping off her clothes and taking her right then and there. *DING* He thought it was the timer to tell him that it was time for him to do it, but it wasn’t.

Nok: ROME!!!!!!!!

He broke the last kiss as he heard his mother’s screaming voice.

Rome: Mother.

He let go of Rita and wiped his lips. Rita walked away, lowering her head. She was about to leave, but turned around to say, “And that’s what you would call a good kisser.” Rome thought she was complimenting him, but really she was talking about herself. Rita walked out the front doors still remembering seeing Aff. What did she want Rita to do?

Nok couldn’t believe her eyes. She was scarred for life. She wanted to scratch out her own eyes by what she saw. Her own son, the son she gave birth to, about to have sex with a woman in an elevator at work. They were like animals for the discovery channel. If she did not stop them; she didn’t want to think about it. She never saw this side of him before, not with Aff or with Aom. Good thing it wasn’t Aom, otherwise she would have fallen died at that spot.

Rome: Mother, are you okay? (helping his mother)

Nok: Get your filthy hands off of me. Sick. Wipe your mouth, you got lip gloss all over you. Disgusting. What if I wasn’t the person who saw you two making out in the elevator.

Rome: I’m sorry mother. Please don’t tell anyone. I don’t know what happened.

Nok: Of course not. Do you think I want rumors to spread that my own son was kissing a no name girl in our own company? NO!

Rome: I’m going now.

Nok: Don’t you walk away from me young man! Come back here! I’m not through yelling at you!

He took the stairs this time when he went back to his office. He looked in the mirror, and stared at his lips. Reminiscing about what he had just done. It was like a forced took over his body and all his inhibitions took control of him. All his conscience and self-control seemed to be on vacation. He had never done that before. It seems that Rita had a special power over him. He touched his lips, good kisser huh

Rita sicken by what she had just done went to the nearest restaurant and poured tons of ketchup down her throat. She didn’t care if people were staring; she just wanted the awful taste out of her mouth. To think that she actually kissed him back. Even the bottle of ketchup didn’t help her. Suddenly, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Rita quickly turned her head, causing her to spin a bit. Luckily she kept her balance, but the remaining ketchup in her mouth spat out on the person’s clothes.

Rita: Oh, I’m so sorry. (grabbing napkins to wipe it to, but it made it worse)

Chai: It’s alright, I didn’t like this suit anyways.

Rita looked up and noticed immediately who it was, Chai from the picture. He was smiling at her. He noticed her right when she barged in there. He was sitting across from where she was. Her beauty took him by surprise, and then when she took that bottle and gobbled down the ketchup, he was impressed. He had to go talk to her, and it now he got ketchup all over him.

Rita: Chai. (she blurted out)

Chai: You know my name? Do I know you?

Rita: No. I just saw you from somewhere, that’s all.

Chai: Well can I get your name now, since you know mine?

Rita: Rita, Rita Jensen.

Chai: Nice to meet you. So I take it you love ketchup.

Rita: No! I mean YES!

She didn’t want to talk to him, at least not yet. Chai on the other hand, was already taken in by her beauty and her mysterious character. He offered her to sit down and eat lunch with him. She agreed only because she threw up ketchup all over his suit.

After lunch, Rita quickly left before Chai could ask more questions about her. The whole conversation was about her and her life. It was usually a yes or no answer. Rita got back to the apartment and went to the drawing board she made. So far, she encountered: Rome, Aom, Chai, and Rome’s mother all in one afternoon. There was still more people she had to meet, hopefully she gets the job so she can solve this mystery. But remembering seeing Aff, scared the crap out of her. How come it was possible that she saw her, and why did she want her to be with Rome in that elevator kissing? Wasn’t she Rome’s fiancé before? Nothing was making sense with this. All Rita knew was that she had to figure this out before anything else happens to her or to someone else.
-------------------
Aom finished up work late again. She was sitting at her desk, rubbing her temples. First a fight with a worthless person, second gets yelled at by Rome, then yelled at by Nok, and now trying to finish up the last part of her project. It was due to Nok by morning, if she didn’t finish, it would prove that she was weak. She never wanted to look weak, especially to a woman like Nok. Aom packed up her stuff and headed out. She got in the elevator, going down to the ground floor.

It was going down the same way, until the light started to blink off and on. Aom backed into a corner, she tripped on her heel causing her to fall down. The lights were still blinking like crazy. She swears she saw a figure, it looked like Aff, but it couldn’t be. Aff is dead, but this figure kept coming closer and closer to her. Aom screams at the top of her lungs. Her eyes were closed at the same time, and when she opened them, the door opened. Everything went back to normal.

Aom quickly got out of the elevator, out the building. Frantic, she wasn’t looking in front of her. She ran into someone. Scared out of her mind, thinking it could be Aff coming back to haunt her, she screamed.

Chai: Aom. Calm down. It’s just me, Chai.

Aom: Chai?

Still afraid, she peeked up, and it was Chai. She embraced him, so happy it wasn’t what she thought it was. Chai was taken in by the surprised hug, but comforted her. He offered to take her back to her house, but she refused to be alone. She insisted to go to his house. It was not the same place as his previous house. It was bigger than the last one. She suddenly wasn’t afraid anymore. It was warm and had a lot of space.

He brought out a blanket and pillow for him to sleep on the couch, but Aom indicated that she didn’t want to be alone tonight. She took his hand and led him back into the bedroom. All this time she spent with Rome, never once had he touched her. Never once did Rome make her feel like a woman. She may be cheating on Rome, but she’s hungry for lust. She wants the feel of a man on her skin, the warmth of other person’s body rubbing against hers, a safety and passion she desires. Chai hesitated; he didn’t want to be caught back in the webs of Aom. He remembers Rita, the one he just met earlier, he wanted to be with her, not this woman who uses people and throw them away when she doesn’t need them anymore. But he saw her lying on his bed, totally vulnerable, wanting him. He had to oblige. She fingered him to come closer, he came. Chai knew this was wrong, but something inside him wanted this. The temptation in him was emerging. He gave Aom what she wished for and much more. He made her forget everything; he made her feel like a woman again.
------------------
Rome was lying on his bed wondering about Rita. What caused him to act the way he did? He wanted to meet her again, to see what that attraction that led him to do such a barbaric act. He shun all thought away when Aff’s face popped in his head. How could he betray the one he loves? Aff is his world, no one can ever replace her, but why does he think of Rita in such a naughty way?
---------------------
Rita fell asleep trying to thinking of conclusions. Apparently, she has to let this play out the way it is supposed to. She has to come up with a plan to find the killers. Everyone so far could be the killer, a suspect in this. She can’t trust anyone except herself.
---------------------
Warat left for a business trip, and Nok was overjoyed. She won’t be hover by her husband. Every time he leaves, Nok celebrates. Rome was sleeping in his apartment in the city, all the servants were sent home, and she was the only one home, for now. There was a knock at the door. She was expecting someone, her special someone. She opens it, but no one was there. She closed the door, and there’s a knock at the door. Once again she opens and there’s no one. Nok slams the door shut, and the knock continues. Frustrated, she opens it and no one once again.

Nok: Stop playing this game, and show your face!!!

Nothing answered. She closed the door behind her, and the knocking begins again and continues. It was driving her insane. This seemed to be someone’s twisted game, and she didn’t want to play it. The knock silenced for a moment. Then it came again. Nok was not amused, but she answered, not afraid. This time, it was the person she expected to come.

Nok: So it was you who was playing this trick on me?

Pewit: What are you talking about darling? I just arrived.

Nok: If this some kind of joke, it’s not funny.

Pewit: I would never lie to you. I just got here. Come here, I know what will cheer you up.

Pewit led her upstairs to the master bedroom. He placed her on the bed, and they both went under the cover.

(BACKGROUND ON PEWIT)
Pewit is Warat’s most trusted advisor. They meet each other in college and became best friends, which turned into business partners. He overlooks all the transaction between companies. Nok was instantly attracted to him somehow. One night when Warat left on an unexpected business trip, Pewit came to drop some documents off for him to look at. Nok was needy, Warat wasn’t fulfilling them. She knew that Pewit was single, and still attractive. Nok played the sad loveless housewife card. Pewit fell for it. She made the first move, she kissed Pewit first. He protested, saying that he can’t betray his best friend. But Nok made it hard for him to say no again. She was like a lion on the hunt, not backing down. This affair has been going on for seven years. They agreed to meet every time Warat would go on business trips, and he would be gone frequently. Pewit was ashamed to betray his best friend, but Nok made it hard to not.
----------------------
After spending hours thinking about it, Rome couldn’t even sleep. He finally decided to allow Rita to be the new model for their company. She was the most qualified, and also he wanted to see her again for some odd reason.

He calls Rita on the phone, it rings 4 times before she picks up.

Rita: Hello?

Her voice sounded like Aff, it freaked him out.

Rome: Aff?

Rita: What? This is Rita. Who are you?

Her voiced changed, it sounded like Rita now.

Rome: Ahem. It’s Rome.

Rita: What do you want?

Rome: I wanted to call you and tell you that you got the job. Come into work at 7 o’clock sharp.

Rita: Okay. Thanks. If that’s all, I want to go back to sleep until then.

He looked at his watch; it was 3:18 AM.

Rome: Oh okay. Get some sleep. We can talk about this at work later. Bye.

Rita: Bye.

When they both hung up, Rome felt his face flustered. He must be really tired, he swears it was Aff’s voice, he can tell from anywhere, but it couldn’t be.

Rita was pissed off that Rome would wake her up from her beauty sleep. But it was good news that she got the job, part one of the master plan was done. Now for the part she hates: working, especially for a person she despise. She can’t get back to sleep, once someone or something wakes her up, she’s up. Rita decided that it’s all Rome’s fault, so she begins to prank call him, but before he picks up, she hangs up the phone.

TBC

spoiler: a catfight between rita/aom/nok

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
wow......very mysterious. love the update...... I hope to find out what Aff's motives are though... why is she killing random people and why is she pushing rome and Rita together?

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
me too... i also want to know what aff is trying to do? maybe she's trying to save rome from the bad people and matchmade rome and rita... hehe... :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
It was so good until the ghost appeared. Ahahaha if I was to see a ghost while Rome kissed me, I would probably run off scared. I love the update! Maybe Rita is like Aff half sister ahahahahaha and she finds out she has a sister like Aom, I got to see this well read. Well I can’t wait to find out why Aff is pushing Rome and Rita together.

transcend89

sarNie Adult
i guess everyone confuse wants to know why aff is doing what she's doing rr is doing a good job in keeping us in the dark about the mystery

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 12: Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Rome keeps waking up to someone calling him, but they put their number as "unknown." He would call them back, but they don't answer. Rome is on his last nerve, but he has a guess of who it might be. He decided to turn off his phone and get some sleep. Tomorrow he will deal with it.

Rita got mad that Rome decided to turn off his phone. But now she can get some sleep too. She has been sleeping on the couch the whole time. She didn't want to sleep in someone else's bed or disturb anything. Rita didn't need a lot of space, and the couch was comfy. There was her laptop that she been researching on and a suitcase of her clothes.

She stares at her laptop, looking up more information about Aff. Aff and Aom had the same mother, but not the same father, and all the parents have died, interesting. But something didn't add up, there is nothing before 1987, so what happened in the first three years of her life? It's like she just suddenly popped up out of no where. Was that possible? Aom must know something, because she would have been five at the time, but would she reveal that information? Rita got frustrated how difficult this was, Aff's past didn't match up to any of the public records given. It's like she was two different people. This was enough to handle for one night, tomorrow is a new day with more information to dig up.
---------------------
Rita got ready to go to work. Right before she was going to leave, she heard someone scream, "Be Careful!" Then there was a loud thump. It scared her. Was someone trying to warn her? Was it telling her about something that happened before? Or was it her imagination? Rita wrote it off as her mind running around, she's been thinking too much about Aff.

She arrive at work, 20 minutes late, she fell asleep on the bus coming here. After a lady tapped her on the shoulder saying that she missed her stop awhile back, Rita dashed out and ran to the company. The bus driver was going to go back since there was only one more stop left, and it would only take 5-8 minutes, but Rita already left. She didn't know where to go, but she decided to take the stairs, to be on the safe side. Rome's office is on the top floor, so that meant walking all the way to the top. The stairs were getting long, the same pattern over and over, making Rita dizzy. A spiral, that seems to be endless. She finally reached the top, but the door to it was lock. No one was on the other side to open her, so she started going down. At each floor, she would stop to open the door, lock. Eventually she made her way back to the ground level. Exhausted and tired, Rita decided to take the elevator now. She pressed the button to go up, but a person went up to her and said that the elevator is out of order, and to use the stairs. Rita started to get piss off, first she went up 25 flight of stairs, then back down each one, and now the elevator is out of order and she has to go back up the stairs. She wanted to scream, but she didn't have the energy to. Then the same person told her that she needed a key card to open the doors by the stairs so then no one can sneak out or in or steal anything without being monitored by these. Her patience was wearing thin, now she gets informed. Yesterday it wasn't a big deal, she went up there without anything. And again the same person told her that Rome started issuing this today in the morning. It's almost 10:45 AM, she is now 2 hours and 45 minutes late.

Rita decided that today she won't come in to work, she'll take a personal day. She deserves it after what she did in the morning. Her stomach growled, apparently when she was getting ready, she forgot to eat. Rita walked into the same restaurant as yesterday, she noticed Chai there.

Rita: Hey Chai.

Chai: Oh, hi Rita. (shocked to see her again)

Rita: What are you doing here?

Chai: Researching. You?

Rita: Lunch break.

Chai: So early.

Rita: Yeah, I took a personal day. So what are you researching?

Chai: Nothing much, just a company that's all.

Rita: It wouldn't happen to be the 'NV' company, would it?

Chai: Um, it is. How did you know?

Rita: Lucky guess and because I work there now.

Chai: What? (almost choked on his coffee) You work for Rome?

Rita: Yeah, I'm a model there.

Chai: Let me advise you, stay away from Rome, as far away as you can. He is nothing but a snake, don't trust him. My friend, Af-- ahem, my friend did, and now that person is dead.

She knew who Chai was talking about, Aff. But Rome was her fiance, Rome wouldn't harm her. Would he?

Rita: I'll keep that in mind, but as of right now, I am an employee at NV.

After Rita finished her meal, she left Chakrit in a worry state. She knows that Chakrit means well, but you keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. And as of right now, she doesn't who is a friend and who is a foe, so she must stay close to all of them. Chakrit feels that Rita is too good to fall into Rome's hands, he doesn't want her to be the same as Aff.

Rita starts walking down the sidewalk. It was only 11:25, she still has a lot of time to chill, but the thing was that she didn't know anything in the city. Where would she even begin?
----------------
Rome was getting ticked off, Rita was suppose to show up 3 hours ago. His secretary informed him that someone saw Rita this morning, but she left. It was her first day, she had to do her first photo shoot at 10. Today was not the day to mess with Rome. He keep waking up, for the past few nights, his nightmares have been getting worse. He could envision Aff's throat slice, he could see her trying to scream out for help, but every time she open her mouth, blood would pour out. That image has been embedded in his head. Why must the memories he has of Aff not be enough to drive these painful visions away? Was Aff trying to tell him something? Suddenly someone knocked on his door, it was Aom.

Aom: Rome, sweetie, you haven't eaten yet. Do you want something?

Rome: No thanks. If you are hungry, you go ahead.

Aom: I really want to eat with you though.

Rome: Go on, take one of your friends with you.

Aom: They all ate already. It's just you, me, and your mother. And I don't want to eat with your mom.

Nok: What was that? You don't want to eat with me?

Aom: Uh-----ummm

Nok: It's okay, I don't want to eat with a low-standard woman like you. Even talking to you disgusts me. So if I was to eat with you, I would surely lose my appetite.

Aom: Then DON'T!

Rome: Enough! I don't want any fighting, not here. Excuse me, I have to go somewhere. (starts walking out of his office)

Aom: But Rome, I thought you said you weren't hungry! Wait for me!

Unexpectedly, Nok stuck out her foot, and Aom tripped, causing her to fall. Nok laughed it off and went on with her duties. Aom brushed herself of the floor and began walking to her desk. She gets treated like dirt, not only by Rome's mother, but Rome. He doesn't even protect her against his mother. If it was Aff, he would, faster than a heartbeat. She loves her sister, but there are times when she hates Aff's guts, so much, let's just say, it doesn't always end well. Aom laughs at herself, she's jealous of a dead person. Her own sister died, she should feel sad, but right now, Aom can feel nothing but hatred against her. She wished that she would have met Rome first, then it would have her. If she would have gone to the store to buy the cake, instead of Aff, it would have been her who would have met Rome. Why does fate have to be so cruel to her? Tears started rolling down Aom's cheeks. She quickly wiped them off, but they kept coming. She ran to the bathroom, so no one else would notice. She went in one of the stalls, and slid to the floor, crying. She didn't notice, but there was someone else in there, sitting right next to her, brushing Aom's hair to calm her down. A tear rolled down their eye too, the pain she caused her sister, she had no idea.
---------------
Rome walked out his company for fresh air, stretching his arms, he noticed someone across the street. It was Rita, looking lost. He crosses the street and begins following her. She had no idea where she was going, everything look foreign to her. She had been going around circles, and was getting no where. Her instinct sensed that something was following her, but she didn't want to just turn her head and find out. That would be a no-no, instead Rita takes out her cellphone and calls Rome, he was the only phone number she had, and if something happens to her, Rome would know.

*ring ring*

Rome was going to laugh, she was calling him. But he kept his composure and answered the phone. "Hello"

Rita: Hey Rome! Oh my god, guess what I did today sweetie?

Rome: What are you talking about? Why are you acting so sweet?

Rita:just play along. (in a quiet voice) OH I HAD THE MOST FABULOUS DAY! I WENT SHOPPING AND BROUGHT A LOT OF STUFF! (loud enough so whoever was following could hear her)

Rome: And what else?

Rita: OH YOU KNOW, THE USUAL. I WENT TO THE GYM AND LOST LIKE A GAZILLION POUNDS!

Rome: Then why do you still look fat to me?

Rita: What are you talking about? Can you see me? Where are you?

Rome: Look behind you.

Rita: No. There's someone following me idiot, if I look back, then they know that I'm on to them. (she accidentally hung up on him, because she got so mad. when she tried calling him back, he had turn off his phone. what a jerk, she thought, just when she needed him the most.)

He started laughing. Rita was too funny. He can't believe she was so scared of being follow that she won't even look behind her. Rome quicken his pace to be right next to her ear. He started breathing heavily, trying to scare her some more. With his fingers touching her hair. There wasn't a lot of people around, everyone was going on with their days. Rita kept walking, quickening her pace, but whoever was following her was on her tail.

Rita: GO AWAY! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND, HE KNOWS WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW!

Rome (in a disguise voice): I think you're lying. But if you tell me his name, I just might leave you alone.

Rita (not knowing what to say, said the first name she could think of): ROME PATCHATA!

Rome started laughing hysterically. Rita recognized the voice.

Rita: ROME!!!!!!!!!! It was you following me.

He couldn't stop laughing, he can't believe Rita actually said his name. And at that split moment, he didn't feel any sadness or heartache. Rita slapped his arm, for scaring her like that. She can't believe he was behind her the whole time. All this time she was scared of getting raped or mugged, and it was just him.

Rita: Stop it. Why didn't you tell me it was you?

Rome: okay....okay...hahhahaha...ahem. I did tell you that I was behind you, you didn't trust me.

Rita: Ugh. I'm leaving, you jerk.

Rome: Wait up. I have to talk to you. You didn't show up today at work. And you had an important shoot. Hurry up and let's go back.

Rita: I was there, but then I decided to take a personal day. Since someone decided to issue a key card access today, making me walk up and down the stairs forever. But today, I want to finish my day off.

Rome: I give you two options: One, you come with me peacefully. Or two, we do it the hard way.

Rita: I choose option three, I don't go with you. End of discussion.

Rome: Well you left me with no choice.

He walks closer to Rita. Afraid, she backs away, hitting the wall of a building. He grabs her waist and lifts her over his shoulder. Rome could hear her gasp in shock. He smiles at her reaction. She's mad, but doesn't put up a fight, at least not yet. He carries her to the company which wasn't that far away, there were probably only a block away, which made Rome laugh even more, how lost Rita was in the city. As they entered the building, employees started gossiping. When Rome looked at them, they stood up straight with their mouths shut, but when he turned his back, they started to chatter away. He brings her to the elevator, and presses the up button. Still carrying Rita, gets into the elevator.

Rita: I thought the elevator was broken.

Rome: No, it works perfectly fine.

Rita: What? No, this morning it didn't work. And someone told me that it was broken.

Rome: No, it's working fine. And what person?

Rita: That person I told you about, the one who said you started issuing key cards today.

Rome: Um, I started issuing key cards like 2 years ago. When you were talking about issuing key cards today, I thought you meant new ones. Because I issue new ones ever 6 months so then people who got fired can't use their same card to get in here. What did this person look like?

Rita: Hmmm...it was an older man, I say like late 40's. He still had some black hair. Nothing out of the ordinary with him. And on his key card, it only had his first name, I think. It was 'Jit'

Rome: Jit, hmmm I heard that name before. Jit.

They get off the elevator, and more employees sees Rome carrying Rita on one of his shoulders. He doesn't care how many eyes are on him. They go into his office, he drops Rita on the couch, while he goes to his office chair. He was typing something on his computer.

Rome: Are you sure he had a key card from here?

Rita: Positive. He showed me the front and back of it. It had the company logo and everything. There was no mistake, I was standing like 2-3 feet away from him.

Rome: I hate to break it to you, but that can't be possible.

Rita: Are you saying I'm lying? I'm not. I saw him with my own eyes.

Rome: You couldn't have because the only Jit we hired died two years ago. About few months before I even issued key cards, so he wouldn't have known about them.

Rita: You must be mistaken! His name is Jit. J-I-T. I saw him wiith my own eyes. I even talked to him.

Rome: Well the weird thing was, the day he died, it was reported that the elevator was broken that day.

Rita: Stop messing with me! It's not funny anymore.

Rome: I'm not, this is for real Rita.

Rita: If what you are telling me is true, then I just talked to a ghost.

Rome: That's what I'm saying.

Rita: Well, what was his occupation here?

Rome: Let's see. It was.......night guard. His friend that was working that day reported that Jit left his area because he heard a lady scream, like she needed help outside the building. He went out to help her, and never returned. When he didn't return after a few minutes, his friend called the police. He was 48 years old, died on...oh my god.

Rita: What?

Rome: It was the same day Aff died.

TBC

i decided to put the cat fight in the next update..sorry......
spoiler: how far is rita willing to go to find out the truth? will she risk her own life???
hmmm i'll give you all some hints:
1) aff may or may not know what she's doing....
2) rita and aff ties go way back...but how far??
3) aff may or may not want rita with rome...there is still her sister aom too....

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
great update, im wondering if rita is being haunted and didnt know it , it was like a warning sign to stay away from him. idk but im reading all by myself and kind of scary to me (yes i get scared easily) so much to reveal

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
it's so scary... aff keep on seeing ghost... make my hair stand up... hahaha...

fun

Expired Sarnie
I like the long updates. I am on the edge of my seat, trying to figure things out. I had an image of Aff all bloody and rotten- got the chill. So Rita might have offended Aff back in the days, is that why Aff doesn’t want her to be near Rome? So many things to consider. I can’t wait for the next update.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 13: The Secret (this is about Aff.background…I think a lot will be revealed..I’m not really sure lol…this one (more on Aff’s early years) and the next chapter (more one Aff/Rome))

Aff grew up in a loving family, a dad, a mom, and an older sister. It was one happy family, waking up every morning, to a family breakfast. Her father would tell them stories about how he and their mother met and how he got her to marry him, while their mother would cook. Her childhood was better than so many; she wouldn’t trade for anything in the world.

Aom was like her best friend, she could talk to Aom about anything. Although Aom was an over-protective sister, it was all for Aff’s best interest. Everything Aom did, it was for Aff. Aom loved having a younger sister to take care of, and most of all, teach her everything she knows. Even if they were only half-sisters, the love between them was like blood sisters that they consider themselves full.

When Aff turned 16, her parents threw her an amazing birthday party. But during the reception, Aff went to go find the camera, which was in her father’s work office. She didn’t know that she would overhear the conversation that will shatter her life.

Mom: Maybe we should tell the girls, they are old enough to know now.

Dad: No, not yet. We have this conversation every year when it’s Aff’s birthday. I don’t think she’s old enough to handle this.

Mom: Why not? She has the right to know. It’s her life we are talking about.

Dad: I said NO! I don’t want to see our two little girls hurt. If she found out what we did, what happened, it would ruin our lives.

Mom: But we can’t hold onto this secret to ourselves. I think it’s best that we tell them, instead of them finding this out from someone else.

Dad: Not yet. We aren’t ready. I’m not ready.

Mom: We can’t be selfish; Aff must know that she isn’t ours!

Dad: Keep your voice down; you don’t want anyone else to hear us.

Mom: I don’t care. I want everyone to know. I want our daughters to know how we gave up our real daughter up for Aff. I want them to know how we let someone else take ours so we could have a perfectly healthy baby. I want them to know how horrible their parents are, to give away their baby to strangers and took another. I just want them to know. I---I can’t keep living with this burden. All these years, not knowing where the daughter we gave up is, while keeping someone’s in our home.

Dad: I know. But honey, Aff has brought so much joy to our home. Just think of it this way, you raised two wonderful gorgeous girls.

Mom: But what about the other one, what about Rita?!

Dad: We mustn’t say her name. We can’t let others hear it.

Mom: I’m not ashamed of her. I just hate myself for letting someone take my baby away from me, leaving her with an unstable family. What kind of mother am I?

Dad: You are amazing. I couldn’t ask for a better wife or a better mother to raise our children. Now, let’s not talk about this anymore. We must get back to the party before anyone finds out that we are gone.

As soon as they open the door, they see Aff, standing at the door with tears falling from her cheeks. She heard everything, she knows now why she doesn’t even look like them, and how everything she does is different from her parents, how her parents were extra careful with her when she was little. Everything made sense now, all the unanswered questions. Aff was different, she was adopted. And she took the place of a girl named Rita. She stole Rita’s family, her life, her everything. She opened her lips to speak.

Aff: Tell me everything.

Mom: Oh my baby, you heard. (Aff nodded) I’m so sorry sweetie.

Dad: Let’s go back to the party, we can talk later.

Aff wanted to argue about this, but she knew that it was her duty as a host to be there. It was common courtesy to entertain the guest. She was taught to be polite and respect others. But every fiber in her body wanted to scream at her so-called parents. Everything she was brought up to believe was a lie; she didn’t know what to believe anymore.

After the party was over; Aom decided to hang out with her friends. It was the perfect time for them to talk. They all sat in the living room, silently. Aff spoke first.

Aff: Start from the beginning. Tell me about Rita. Tell me why.

Mom: Aff---

Dad: Let me begin, after all it was my fault that this happened. It started like every other pregnancy. We both wanted another child. Everything was going well, until one day. We didn’t know Aom’s father was going to be like this. He shows up out of no where, and demands for Aom. It’s been two years, and now he wants her. At this time, your mother was pregnant with Rita; things got out of hands, and---your mom started bleeding down there. That son of a b**** push her down. We rushed to the hospital; they had to do a C-section to our premature baby. It wasn’t looking good for either of them. Luckily, your mother came out find; Rita unfortunately was suffocating from lack of oxygen in her lungs, or so we were told. The doctor said it wasn’t looking good, saying that Rita will not live. He had done the best he could. Aom’s father showed up to the hospital, pushing that if he doesn’t get Aom, he will harm Aom. We weren’t giving in. Then he made a deal, either he gets Aom or the child that was just delivered. We didn’t know what to say, not wanting to give up anyone. But it was my decision to give up Rita. The doctor said that she will not live pass a week. And so he took her. But we were lucky to find a wonderful young couple that was going to give up their baby anyway. We decided to take their child in, and that baby is you Aff. You were the same age as Rita, so no one would suspect anything. Although we told everyone we were going to call you Rita, we decided to call you Aff instead.

Aff: I don’t understand. You just said that Rita was going to die, but overheard you guys talking about her? And you told Aom and me that her father died a long time ago in a car crash.

Mom: It’s true. Rita is still alive. That doctor lied to us. Rita was healthy, all this time we thought that she was sick and going to die. And now she is living with that awful person. We found three years later that the doctor was a fake; he would scam mothers that their child was dying and will not live after a week. It was a scam to get more money from us. The whole hospital was in on it; but the doctor left town before police could catch him. Every day, I worry what has happened to Rita, with that evil man. We gave our child to a monster. (starts crying)

Dad: We finally tracked her down, just a year ago. She’s still living with that evil man. We just told you both that he died, so he wouldn’t bring Aom any bad memories. And he kept his end of the deal, he has never came back to bother us. We quickly contacted the police over there, but it didn’t help. There were these two police officers that came to us, and told us that we probably made this whole story up. I forgot their names, but I know they both started with a ‘K.’ They said that since we didn’t file this to the police and that we willingly gave up our daughter, there was no way that we will Rita back. We never gave up trying. We plan on telling you and Aom when you two were ready, but I feel that if we don’t have Rita, then it was useless.

Aff: Can I say something?

Dad & Mom: Of course.

Aff: I am grateful for you two giving me a home, food in my stomach, an education, and a loving family. I appreciate that you two cared enough to take in another person’s child. But I feel like I don’t belong here anymore.

Mom: Don’t say that darling, you are always welcome in our home and in our hearts. We love you no matter what, Rita doesn’t change anything.

She wishes that this was true; she truly wished that Rita wouldn’t change anything. But she did. She had taken everything from Rita, while Rita had to suffer with Aom’s father. Hearing stories about him, made her shiver. Even Aom hated her father; she told Aff that she witnessed him hit their mother one time after they got divorced. He was violent and ruthless. How any child could be left alone with him, especially the child of your ex and their lover? Aff felt guilty, she had a great childhood. How could she steal someone’s life? Aff requested for her parents not to tell Aom about this, she didn’t want Aom to be hurt. Also for her to see a picture of Rita; she needed a face to the name. She needed to know who the person is that she took everything from. And the shocker to her parents, the name of Aom’s father. All this time, they would never mention Aom’s father’s name, and now she knew why, it would bring up bad memories.

Mom: His name is Inchawat, but goes by In.

‘In,’ his name was forever carved in Aff’s brain, as the man who hurt her family.

Their lives went on, as if Aff never knew the truth behind her birth. But little did anyone know, Aff wanted to know more about this Rita girl. She would research about her, hired her own private investigator, and even tried to visit her once.

Aff walked off the bus stop, skipping school. It was about three hours away. She looked around to see if she made it. She looked from a taxi, but couldn’t get on. Aff decided to walk to the destination. There, she spotted Rita, as young as her, trying to sell vegetables. It looked like no one was buying from her, people would just walk passed her, or knock down her stand. Aff wanted to cry at the sight; she blamed herself for Rita suffering. By the look of it, her clothes were torn and dirty, her face was unwashed, and her hair was a mess. And look at Aff, beautiful and radiant. Her clothes were just recently brought too. No matter how many times Rita’s stand was falling or knocked over, she would go pick it up and fix her stand.

Aff (to herself): She should be in school now, not out here selling.

Next, she saw an older man come up to Rita. It looked like he was yelling at her. Then he hit her. (What Aff didn’t know was he yelled at Rita to stop selling and go back to school. He would be the one supporting them, not her. He got back that Rita would skip school to sell vegetables, so he hit her. Frustrated, he walked away.)

*LITTLE STORY ABOUT UNCLE IN*
Uncle In wanted Aom. True he did some mean things in his past, but he cleaned up his act. For the past two years, he wanted to become the father Aom could be proud of. When they denied access to his own daughter, he had to make a deal. He didn’t believe that they would give up their own child to him. Hearing that she will not have a long life, and if her parents were willing to give her up, he decided that he will take her and provide her a loving life, no matter. And that is what Uncle In did for Rita. After consulting with another doctor, he concluded that nothing was wrong with Rita, she is a healthy child. Uncle In raised Rita as his own child; and even though he didn’t have much, he worked to give Rita everything he could. Until the day he got laid off. Rita then decided to help. He didn’t like this; he wanted Rita to focus on her study. When he found out that she skips to sell vegetables and get beat for money, he was furious. He went to confront Rita that day. Luckily a month later, Uncle In got a job as a taxi driver.

BACK TO AFF:
It must be ‘In.’ Aff thought. And after he walked away, a group of girls walked to Rita’s stand. Knocking over her stand and started slapping Rita. There were two police officers standing there, but they didn’t do anything, except walk passed them. Aff couldn’t take it anymore; she marched over there and ordered them to stop. They did, but turn to look at Aff. She wasn’t intimidating, and continued what they were doing. Rita didn’t stop them. Aff wanted to help, but froze at the spot. After they were finished, they threw money at Rita.

Aff saw Rita pick up the money. Rita wasn’t even crying, she had the look on her face of pride. She looked strong, even after just getting beat up. Then it popped into Aff’s head, Rita gets beat up for money. She was a punching bag to all those girls. Afterwards, Rita started picking up her vegetables again, but they were all mashed up. The other girls used most of them to beat her up with. Aff just stared at the pitiful Rita. How could she withstand all of this? Aff didn’t understand.

Rita: If you are here to beat me up, it’s going to be $10.00.

It startled Aff, she was talking to her. Rita’s voice even sounded strong, yet had innocence to it.

Aff: I’m not here for that. I’m here because-----I wanted to tell you----I wanted to (she wanted to tell Rita the truth, she wanted to scream it out to the world. She wanted to save Rita from this horrible fate, but the words couldn’t escape her throat.) I wanted to buy some vegetables.

Rita: Ha. A hi-so person like you? I don’t think someone like you would come all this way to “just buy some vegetables.” Quit the act, if you want to beat me up, I’ll let you from $5.00.

Aff: No. I’m not here for that. Here just that this. (Gives Rita about $100 dollars)

Rita: Take it back; I don’t want your charity. I would rather get beat up for way less than take people’s charity. (Shoves it back into Aff’s hands)

Aff: No, it’s not a charity. Take it as a thank you gift.

Rita: For what?

Aff: You’ll find out later. Take care of yourself.

Aff left, looking back one more time. Rita was someone she wanted to be like, strong and full of pride. But instead she’s weak and powerless. She even let those girls beat up her sister, because she was afraid of getting hurt. How could she do that to the person that gave her a wonderful life? Looking at Rita, she knew that she’ll never forget what she didn’t do for her sister, she didn’t take care of her, didn’t’ protect her, nor tell her the truth to free herself from this nightmare. But she left, leaving a promise, a promise to Rita.

That apparently was the last time Aff would see her. A couple days later, her parents got into a car crash. They were coming home from a reunion, and the car on the other side of the road closed their eyes for a moment, and let the car drift. And in that moment, she lost them. Aom was going to go to college, but decided to decline her scholarships and the acceptance. Her duty now was to support Aff, working three jobs to provide for them. Soon their house was foreclosed, and they were forced to live in an apartment. With the money their parents saved up for them, it lasted them some time.

Years went by, Aff had finished high school and was about to start college. Now financially stable, Aom had one job was able to go back to college. They live in a fairly nice apartment. With so much going on, Aff never forgot to check up on how Rita was doing. Once in awhile, she would send Rita some money, from a fake company. Aff never told Aom about Rita. She couldn’t bring up the fact that the parents they love gave up their sister to Aom’s evil father. Aom already had enough on her plate; Aff didn’t want to add this to it. Even if it meant to being able to take Rita away that place, she wanted to make Aom happy since Aom did some much for her.

TBC

Well I hope you all could follow this…I wanted to update one today, because I might be busy during the weekend. This one was not one of my better ones lol…I hope the next one will be better though :D the next one will be about Aff/Rome’s love story. ^hoping that I will be able to write it^

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awww...well this one isn't scary..this is just telling about aff...some information about her and stuff...the next one won't be scary either...lol