A Look Back at 2014 Lakorns

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
With the end of 2014, lets look back and see which lakorns stood out whether they sucked, rocked or made us happy.

The Rising Sun series: Though I enjoyed Mario and Taew's chemistry, their relationship was rushed as I think back about it and the storyline was too simple and it all ended up being anticlimactic. Nadech and Yaya's lakorn was much better and I enjoyed Roy Fun Tawan Dued alot more than I did with the first lakorn. Their chemistry was back after the trainwreck from Torranee and at least the plot of the lakorn had a lot more twists and turns and complex characters. However I enjoyed the series for the good looking actors and the beautiful scenery.

Fai Nai Wayu: Leave it to TV Scene to make me bored out of my mind. If it wasn't for Aum I wouldn't have bothered. Storyline went no where at times and the pranang had no development in their relationship.

Lah Rak Sut Korb Fah: I haven't watched Min in years even though she's one of my favorites from Ch7, now finally watching her and actually enduring through a lakorn with more than 18 episodes, this lakorn was good. I was pleasantly surprised with the character development and the pacing. Not to mention that Weir looks GOOD.

Rak Nee Jhe Jad Hai: Was awesome and definitely my favorite this year. Nothing beats a lusty p'ek and n'ek and Rome and Matt had so much chemistry.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I started back on watching lakorn late in 2014 and there are so many newbies after my return from a 5 years wild adventure lol ,  that I don't know which actor/actress is a hit now a day and the old star that I'm use to doesn't have any more lakorn . It was hard for me to  randomly watch a  lakorn with unfamiliar faces  because the newbies doesn't appear to me --- as of yet but if it's an rscene/kidnap/revenge/slap-kiss lakorn I'll watch anything and any body but that's another story lol .  Now , I will have to accept the entertainment world as it is , which is out with the old and in with the new , make room for the  next generation of young actress/actor because they eventually have to take over someday and my old ass just need to catch up with the latest trend . 

Sadly , I didn't  watch The Rising Sun series and I know it's very popular because teh thread itself is like a moving train that i can't seen to catch up with. I'm so far behind on lakorn that I'm sure I have miss a few popular one but for now two lakorn stood out for me ,  "Look Tard 2014" and " Ruk Ok Rit" both lakorn star actor/actor i had never seen before . I love the historian setting/story line to "Look Tard" it was very emotional uplifting and "Ruk Ok Rit" was the first romantic/comedy that I didn't find annoying . Beside those two ,  I have a guilt pleasure lakorn "Mia Tuean" and "Sanaeha Sunya Kaen" HAHA  , frustration slap/kiss plus nonsense story-line/character but very entertaining  :dance3:

For me the best lakorn of 2014 would have to be "Look Tard", it was a great lakorn, I just love rewatching it! Besides that, I liked Leh, Nangfah, Dao Kiang Duen and Ruk Tong Oom. These were the only 3 lakorns I didn't fast forward so much. 

As for the worst, I would have to say Cubic, I love Chalida, but that lakorn sucks period. Maybe if another production handled the lakorn and another male lead, I might've enjoyed it. Then comes YLC, that was a pretty disappointing lakorn. I felt like Anne and Tik were the villains more than the leads lol. Then the Rising Sun Series, the plot was just too boring, I like the pairings but I felt like sleeping watch both lakorns. 

Other than that, most of my biases didn't really have a lakorn this year, and the ones that did, their lakorns were disappointing lol. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Oh..,I can't even remember the lakorns I've watched. Haha. Let me go compile my good and bad list first.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Here's a list of lakorns I actually watched, whether or not I completely finished it, it's still on my list because I actually watched it or at least a bit of it: 

Praao (Weir S. & Min P.) - COMPLETED
Lah Ruk Soot Kob Fah (Weir S. & Aum P.) - COMPLETED
Yah Leum Chun (Tik J. & Anne T.) - SEMI COMPLETED
Koom Nang Kruan (Toomtam Y., Mo M. & Pinky S.) - SEMI COMPLETED
Fai Nai Wayu (Aum A. & Matt P.) - SEMI COMPLETED
Ruk Tong Oom (Great W. & Matt P.) - SEMI COMPLETED
Ruk Nee Jhe Jud Hai (Rome P. & Matt P.) - FIRST EPISODE
Kularb Len Fai (Vee V. & Nao T.)  - FIRST EPISODE
Plerng Chimplee (Aum A. & Bella R.)  - FIRST EPISODE

Here comes my good, bad and ugly list:

The Ugly - Praao. It's all around ugly. Ugly acting. Ugly editing. Ugly storyline. It was just...horribly ugly. It's the worst lakorn of 2014 in my book. I can't believe I actually stay tuned throughout the WHOLE entire thing. I was dumb. Did I say it was UGLY?

The Bad - I will have to say Yah Leum Chun. I semi completed this lakorn because I watched the first half and the last minute of the last episode. Literally. Why? Because. Because it's such a waste of such a wonderful cast. Because it's such a waste of Tik and Anne's phenomenal pairing. Because it was BAD.

The Good - Now this one is not my favorite, but it was good and it is Lah Ruk Soot Kob Fah. Despite a few flaws, it kept me interested. The storyline was very well written and developed. Some unnecessary scenes here and there, but overall enjoyable and GOOD!

Now that's my Look-Back at 2014 lakorns. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think the only lakorn I watched thoroughly was Yah Leum Chun and that happens to be one of the worst lakorn from 2014. 

I finished these but I did a whole lot of skipping. Some I FF through others I skipped a few to a lot of episode:

Koom Nang Kruan... it started out promising and from episode 6 on, I did major episode jumping.
Rising Sun 1 & 2... such a lovely cast but I clearly didn't like it as much as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the series but I had to FF a lot especially the second part. 

And there are a lot that I dropped after the first 2 to 4 episode. But I am planning to go back to finish a few which would be Casanovas vs Spinsters (stuck on episode 10) and Ruk Tong Oum (stuck on episode 4). Probably pick up Hormones 2 and Lovesick.

Oh I just started Songkram Nang Ngam. I hope that I will continue this one even if I don't do it with English sub.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Oh wait! I watched Prom Daen Hua Jai (Es K. & Pancake K.) too! HEHE. It didn't cross my mind as a 2014 lakorn because it started airing late 2013. I guess it kind of sort of counts. HEHE. Well that one was surprisingly interesting enough even though I don't like nang'ek much. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
How can I forget Cubic and Raak Boon 2. Cubic is also one of the lakorns that I watched thoroughly and somehow it is just as bad as Yah Leum Chun. Actually Cubic isn't bad, it's the cheap production that really took a toll and the writing needed a push. The writer took us as idiots in fooling us that nang ek was a genius. Like I said it was cheap writing and cheap production. 

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I think 2014 has got to be one of the suckiest years for lakorns. I don't think I fully watched a single one. Or maybe I'm finally outgrowing lakorns.

But I don't think there was a single one that can be called a classic was there? Was there any that stood out in ratings (not counting the Ch.7 action lakorns that always get the biggest ratings for some unknown reason) and was a real big hit?

I know the thread for the Rising Sun series was insane here but was that true everywhere else? The ratings I think at least were on avg. with any Ch.3 lakorns. For me Roy Fun can't hold a candle to Duang Jai Akanee. It seemed like bad fanfiction to me.

How many years have people been waiting for Ann/Tik? And they got to do it for Lakorn Thai and a romance/ drama! Sounds like a guaranteed hit but in the end I think Kong/Rita and the twins got way more attention didn't they?

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
jeanie1 said:
I think 2014 has got to be one of the suckiest years for lakorns. I don't think I fully watched a single one. Or maybe I'm finally outgrowing lakorns.

But I don't think there was a single one that can be called a classic was there? Was there any that stood out in ratings (not counting the Ch.7 action lakorns that always get the biggest ratings for some unknown reason) and was a real big hit?

I know the thread for the Rising Sun series was insane here but was that true everywhere else? The ratings I think at least were on avg. with any Ch.3 lakorns. For me Roy Fun can't hold a candle to Duang Jai Akanee. It seemed like bad fanfiction to me.

How many years have people been waiting for Ann/Tik? And they got to do it for Lakorn Thai and a romance/ drama! Sounds like a guaranteed hit but in the end I think Kong/Rita and the twins got way more attention didn't they?

Agree, agree and...agree. Haha.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Loogk Tard wins hands down for me, as best lakorn of 2014.

I anticipated The Rising Sun 1&2 but was left unsatisfied on both. (1 was a tad better)
Kuan Kaan Tong Gub Gang Bpa Lai, is probably the most enjoyable after LT.
I finished Fai Nai Waiyu, but question myself... why DID I even watch that??
I was so excited about Rak Boon 2, but OMG whhhhhy did they add a love triangle. It went off the wall stupid.
Cubic.... oh Cubic... I felt like I was watch a demo. The robotic acting from everyone was weird!
Hua Jai Teun, something about it that I didn't like but I can't figure out what. KwanOm kept me watching to about ep. 13...

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I also watched Neth Nakarat (Cee S. & Yui J.). It was good at the beginning and then started to drag.