4 Hua Jai Haeng Khun Khao

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
LMAO, Kkrystal. You make me laugh and smile. I am in agreement with your comment. *chuckling*
You want to know what is funnier? Lolz I type "Leave the lips for me" Cuz in my head Barry is being idle in there until I notice it's Yaya we're talking about so I had to edit my post.

2more and it's 200. We should throw a party?

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
Yes I do like the changes but I sort of wish they kept a little of her traits in PLR. The change was too drastic. I think because Act Art knew how bad PLR production was and they had their own envision of Din and Chaem. Because in the other 3 series, he had a calm humor. In his own story it sort of disappeared. But I do have to add, PLR had the best cinematography. I think it would have been better if they focused a bit more on Din and Chaem and less of the employees, servants and the other couple.
Hmm, if you ask me, basically PLR production team got much of the concept wrong. Like you said, Din's calm humor was missing in PLR. And somehow, I really think that they got Cher-Aim's character wrong too by making her a bit too annoying for many. A lot of people complained (esp on YT) about Mint's acting. Interesting to note that someone here, iirc, once said that Mint is one actress who tends to follow the director's instructions. Well, I don't know whether it's just an opinion by that person but it could also be the case (which I think is more likely)

Another reason why I'm leaning towards blaming those people - even Din's parents look like they are out of their elements in PLR. And they're supposed to be very experienced actors. If they themselves could not act well under this kind of direction / script, what more can we say about the youngsters ?

Yes, less of the employees, servants and Cher-Aim's siblings would be better, much better. I don't really mind the second couple (Rung + Nathee) but I seriously feel they got more screen time than Din-CherAim put together. Sometimes I feel like comparing the total amount of screen time between the two couples ... like I have nothing else to do - hahah :p

Oh, another important matter - there's not enough BROMANCE here. When did Fai and Lom first appear ? Very late in the story, I'd say. Why oh why ?

To add to the list - hate the wardrobe, hate the hairstyles (Din's and Cher-Aim's both) and of course the make-up. Stark differences compared to the other 3 series.

What really sealed my sentiments was when someone mentioned that there's no official MVs for PLR because the production company could not prepare them on time. So what does that tell you ?

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
My husband make fun of me for lovin these kids like mark n nadech I'm like a decade older then them but they are too cute.
Lol - mine too. Lately when he catches me smiling or grinning to myself, he'd quickly say, "You're surely thinking of that lakorn, I know it!".

Happened a few times already. :lol:

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
Cute interview clip of Nadech on Wow! Dara...
credit goes to uploader melodyminnie on YT

WOW, Nadech looks freaken HOT! :drool: :wub: Thank for sharing.

i need some fai/jeed overload so i pack myself some more sweets.
I always love this song and want to make a mv but couldn't find any that fit it beside ATEAM.
However, i use YADECH instead b/c i need more of their sugar. Enjoy na.

I love it Ceci! Thank for sharing. The song fits great with the video.:thumbsup: Btw I love the one with Kim and Dennis too. I watched it before I went to bed last night. :thumbsup:

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't mind kissing on the cheeks or on the forehead. But please leave the lips for Barry!

Edit: I own page 198
Im with you bong.

Im glad Nadech is Yaya's first p'ek who kissed her on the lip because Rome didn't. Love the underwater scenes in DJA, just look at Yaya's lip, we can tell Nadech is a good kisser. He kissed her like there no other day. hahaha

fun

Expired Sarnie
Gosh do I feel like the week is going by so slow, I seriously cannot wait. This is the only one in the series that I would watch without subtitles.

But when I think about Christmas, why is it approaching so fast. I'm not ready. I can't afford anything right now. Got 2 more presents to buy. First I still have no idea what they are Christmas is a pain in the butt when you don't have much money! And thank goodness my family and I are playing Elephant. Only 1 gift!

I get super jealous of Yaya. Not for Nadech but for me. I had a big girl crush on her ever since Kularb Rai Nam. It bothered me that Nadech was getting all those sweet scenes with her. Nadech should consider himself very lucky ahaha.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
^^^Kkrystal! LMAO...it is funny you mentioned, "Please leave the lips for ME," because I was thinking you probably were thinking that. OMG, I am just rolling. Muahahahaha...Yes, let's throw a party @ 200!

Bliss, IDK about it being his "first" kiss cause Nadech is pretty charming and girls have been chasing him since like junior high. He plays the guitar and sings, so girls were always swooning over him. I think this is his "first" on-screen kiss too. I like the apple-picnic scene. Yaya's lips barely brush Nadech's. Did anyone else notice that? Nadech's eyes were like, WHOA! Yadech are just too cute. I keep thinking their lips touched in the New Years scene. I imagine they touched lips just a little. It was like a 50 seconds-1 minute "kiss." *smiling*

Mahsuri1284, I like your thoughts on PLR. Geez, I really wonder. I am almost done with PLR and I am sure I will be ranting about it here soon.

Prisna,^^^ "Im glad Nadech is Yaya's first p'ek who kissed her on the lip because Rome didn't. Love the underwater scenes in DJA, just look at Yaya's lip, we can tell Nadech is a good kisser. He kissed her like there no other day. hahaha." Oh. My. Gosh. Baown Sna, you crack me the hale up. I am still laughing from your comment. Nadech did kiss Yaya really hard in that scene didn't he? I agree with you that it was a kiss like there was no other day. It was the passion of Fai. Nadech got that passion right from novel Fai alright. So intense. When he grabbed her shirt and head/face too. OMG. "Fai style" as M3lhouse would say. How can you tell Nadech's a good kisser, Prisna? HeheheLOL...

Yes, thank you, Ceci for the VDO. I saw Kim/Dennis one. Mmmmmm...I'll check out the other here soon.

Fun, I said to my friend today at the gym, "I just love Yaya...I love both Yaya and Nadech." She chuckled. I chuckled and thought to myself, "Dang, I am crazy I said that out loud." Just something about them that makes me dote over them. I hope you find something not too expensive, Fun. I got my shopping done Saturday. I am going back to cleaning now. I want to catch up on 4HJHKK tonight.

Muah, everyone!

neena

sarNie Adult
hahahaha dal, i say it to my younger sister everyday i come home from work, "i love yaya and nadech" lol they are like a breath of fresh air for 2010 and the thai lakorn industry!

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Hmm, if you ask me, basically PLR production team got much of the concept wrong.
They had a lot of things wrong.

Like you said, Din's calm humor was missing in PLR. And somehow, I really think that they got Cher-Aim's character wrong too by making her a bit too annoying for many.
These things that we’ve complained about here actually aren’t much different from the complaints on Pantip. Thai fans there speculated that the production team for PLR failed to communicate closely with the other three production teams. So the result is that their understanding of each character’s personalities and relationships with each other did not harmonize well with the visions of the other production companies.

Take for example, in PLR, Fai calls Jeed, “Khun Jeed,” but in WPM, he often calls her “My wife.” This changes the audience’s perception of their relationship dynamics quite drastically. But, which Fai do you think comes closest to the Fai you’ve met from TH and DJA? Is it the PLR-Fai or WPM-Fai?

Such simple words. “My wife” and “Khun Jeed.” You get where I’m going from here, right? I’m going back to the importance of taking care of the subtle nuances that we’ve discussed before at least 30+ pages ago. Those little things can make so much difference and draw out so much depth in a piece of fiction.

A lot of people complained (esp on YT) about Mint's acting. Interesting to note that someone here, iirc, once said that Mint is one actress who tends to follow the director's instructions. Well, I don't know whether it's just an opinion by that person but it could also be the case (which I think is more likely)
Rasa said that and I don't doubt it. As a rule, actors and actresses are supposed to listen to the director’s suggestion.

I’d also say, the people who complain about Mint’s performance know little about how much power the director holds. They, surely, hold more than they are credited for by the general audience. They have it in their power to project an image to the audience the way they deliberately envisioned it. What we see is, more than anything, largely a result of their manipulation.

For example, in the beginning, quite a few people (including very briefly myself) complained that Mark and Mint lack chemistry—which for those who have seen them interact BTS know this to be untrue. They actually have the most chemistry out of all four pairings. But for PLR, I recall there were a few people who said that Din and Cha-aim seemed more like siblings than potential lovers. Well for those people who thought this, you can’t totally blame Mark and Mint for projecting this image and vibe when that’s exactly what the director intended.

In this interview, Mint explains the directions she was given from Khun King. The director specifically told her that Din viewed Cha-Aim as a little sister. (I’m assuming this direction was given only in the beginning stages of Din and Cha-Aim’s relationship, because otherwise, I’ll have to call---INCEST!)

6:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8SVkQlPy9M&

I must also add--since I’m discussing the director’s contribution and all—that seeing the dramatic difference in so-called “chemistry” between Din-Cha-Aim and Mark-Mint, really forced me to re-examine my understanding of the word. I came to this conclusion that people use the word a little too loosely. I think people erringly assign the same meaning to the word when it’s meaning changes according to the context in which we discuss them.

This is how I’ve come to see it:

On-screen chemistry happens with the aid of forces beyond the actors’ and actresses’ control. It’s scripted, so there are other creative processes that go on behind the work to affect what we see. That’s why I don’t think I’ll ever give full credit (or crap) to actors and actresses anymore. I won’t praise (or bash) their “chemistry” (or lack thereof) anymore, because the people who have a say in the BTS works also deserve a nod of recognition (or a cold shoulder) in creating, or not creating, that “chemistry.”

On the other hand, off-screen chemistry between two people is where I consider chemistry, at its purest form, happens, because that’s when it’s unscripted and undirected by a third person.

This is also why I like the Keira Knightly quote that you posted, where she says the chemistry we see onscreen isn’t between the actual people, but it’s created by a common vision shared by both the onscreen characters AND the BTS staffs.

One of them is real, the other is an illusion.

Another reason why I'm leaning towards blaming those people - even Din's parents look like they are out of their elements in PLR. And they're supposed to be very experienced actors. If they themselves could not act well under this kind of direction / script, what more can we say about the youngsters ?
Oh, they deserved to be blamed. A good number of people on Pantip actually don’t blame Mark and Mint. People there are actually quite more aware of the consequences of having a poor script, director, etc. than the people on Youtube that you referred to.

It's really unfortunate. Both Mark and Mint have a lot to be thankful for when they've been given the opportunity to star in ch. 3's biggest project of the decade. The fact that they are young and less experienced is more reason why they must be grateful despite the inferior quality of the production team for PLR.

Yes, less of the employees, servants and Cher-Aim's siblings would be better, much better. I don't really mind the second couple (Rung + Nathee) but I seriously feel they got more screen time than Din-CherAim put together. Sometimes I feel like comparing the total amount of screen time between the two couples ... like I have nothing else to do - hahah :p
I’ve read that the plot is completely different for the novel. My DJA novel came already, but I haven’t been wanting to touch it now. I’m waiting for my PLR, which should come this week.

Oh yes. there's not enough BROMANCE here. When did Fai and Lom first appear ? Very late in the story, I'd say. Why oh why ?
They couldn’t even add BROMANCE to redeem themselves. YO.

To add to the list - hate the wardrobe (can't say enough about Din's checked shirts :thumbdown:), hate the hairstyles (Din's and Cher-Aim's both) and of course the make-up. Stark difference compared to the other 3 series.
I overlooked these exterior factors; but seeing the superior qualities in WPM only adds to my feeling of loss for PLR.

What really sealed my sentiments was when someone mentioned that there's no official MVs for PLR because the production company could not prepare them on time. So what does that tell you ?
Simple. They’re made of _____. (Hint: Four letters)
--------------------------------------------------

I hope I didn’t overwhelm anyone with my essay.

Because if I did, I’m not sorry. >.<

Also, thanks mahsuri, for opening a path for me to rant again.

cecilia

Staff member
Dal, smoke are coming out of ear right now .. I'M SO JEALOUS for YAYA !! I want YADECH in every shoot! this is too intimate -- it's something bold that i think YAYA can do .. why can't they hire YAYA to do this shoot -- it would send cupid through the air instead of fires all over :( T_T

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
lol, yadech and mteam, you guys are funny. ^^ I think it's better that they do pair up with others too.
I don't want them stick with only one partner and it'll turn out to be boring soon. I think it's good that Yaya gets to pair up with Mark coz it's safer than with other guys. At least Mark used to say that ' I won't have any news with Yaya, she belongs to Nadech' And Yaya is also Mint's friend, they're in the same group, YMGK. That's better than she's with some guy like Alex. And Mark's with Yaya is better than he's with his ex, Mint N. lol
:crush:
argh, you're right! now that i think about it, it would be so much more heartbreaking to see YADECH separated by other actors--i'm glad they are still kept with MTEAM for now, it gives me some relief. MARK REALLY SAID THAT ABOUT YAYA BELONGS TO NADECH??? kyaaaaa! major spazz attack! glad to read that, now i can go to sleep peacefully. LOOOOL don't i sound insane?

Just forehead but still I was not ready for that. It looked awkward too. Mark was shot, so her character was probably showing some love. I was like plz die... sorry. Yadech forever lol.
LOL you're so funny! but i can't blame you i feel the same resistance and reluctance to accept romance for YADECH when it's not only the two of them. for some reason, the senior daras i've gotten used to them acting as different couples (like Ateam mixing with Ken and Ann) but for these new koo kwan it's like just "NOOOOOOOO"... :nono1:

OMG TOTALLY AGREE! i'm so happy just thinking that Yaya's first (onscreen) kiss is from her very own Nadech. gosh this couple makes me all fuzzy and warm inside i can't help but think of them as a real couple to the point that even a lakorn kiss is REAL to me LOL because they are YADECH so they must kiss only each others' lips!!

mahsuri1284 i didn't like Mint's clothes that much either. i did love her last outfit though and actually i thought Mark looked good in all of his clothes lol he's so cute. but it's true Din was way serious and the Bromance was not as intense as with the other series

thanks for posting Nadech's photoshoot! T-T i was totally imagining Yaya in place of that girl though, even though she's also very pretty! i want to see Nadech give Yaya a piggyback ride in a cute lakorn

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
^^^ Oh how I love your rants, MINTY. Despite all the "ranting and raving" of PLR I am still continuing with it. I like Mark too much to give up on it. I can not wait to read your prespective/opinion of the novel of PLR. I hope it as good as Rasa says it is. Crossing fingers.

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
Prisna,^^^ "Im glad Nadech is Yaya's first p'ek who kissed her on the lip because Rome didn't. Love the underwater scenes in DJA, just look at Yaya's lip, we can tell Nadech is a good kisser. He kissed her like there no other day. hahaha." Oh. My. Gosh. Baown Sna, you crack me the hale up. I am still laughing from your comment. Nadech did kiss Yaya really hard in that scene didn't he? I agree with you that it was a kiss like there was no other day. It was the passion of Fai. Nadech got that passion right from novel Fai alright. So intense. When he grabbed her shirt and head/face too. OMG. "Fai style" as M3lhouse would say. How can you tell Nadech's a good kisser, Prisna? HeheheLOL...
Bong, just look at his lip that all i can tell you, hahah it was hard for Yaya to resist it! :lol2: Fai kissed was aggressive but with passion. :coverlaf:

Clip of Mark and Yaya. Yeah, forehead kiss that is what we want.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Dal, smoke are coming out of ear right now .. I'M SO JEALOUS for YAYA !! I want YADECH in every shoot! this is too intimate -- it's something bold that i think YAYA can do .. why can't they hire YAYA to do this shoot -- it would send cupid through the air instead of fires all over :( T_T
I am so sorry. I want what you want too. LOL. Mai Davika is one of P'Ae newbies. P'Ae knows what he is doing. Link his new bloods to one of his successful ones now and voila! I heard she is a decent actress too. I am going to watch her lakorn during the holidays, if I can.

^^^Prisna, Fai is such a passionate person. In the novel, Fai and Jeed are so..."rough. " Is that the right word? They are both very passionate.

jjinxx

cute when Jeed hit Fai after they lose to the grapes picking contest,he hug her but she pull away cause "ngon", they are so cute. so funny when he carry her into the grapes barrel, wasn't even gentle like other couples but he make moan sound like she's heavy haha. so cute when all couples dance stepping on grapes, Fai and Jeed look the most fun dancing, their arms around eachother is cute. i know i'm biased when comes to Fai/Jeed but can't help it, love them. and cute when all couples each dance together and in circle with others too. and cute when he hug her when they go find Krati and got blown by the wind. Fai lines was cute when he saids " why you call us to come Mia jah" and when talk to Lom and address Jeed as "Mia chun" instead of her name, and again address her as "Mia poom" when talk to gumnone-thong,ahhh so cute always call her "Mia", and cool when both of them gonna take out their guns,what a tough husband/wife.haha. i feel sorry for Krati for loving a guy like Lom. this scene is sad and agree with her when she saids to him that she drops everything and doesn't hesitated to come help him but he doesn't love himself but care more about the wines. and satisfy of what her dad said to Lom, i feel his pain as a dad who see his daughter almost died. some ppl may said WPMT is the best of all 4 series because has all 4 couples and has mix of everything include fantasy/magic but for me DJA is still my #1 favorite serie in 4HHKK and also the lakorn i love the most in 2010.
you guys always make me impatient to watch the next episodes lol.
*SCREEAM* that is our Fai-Jeed! i gotta agree they are my favorite too! THAT is just another thing out of a whole long list of reasons why Fai is so loveable!--because he loves Jeed so much and never stops showing how much he loves being married to her! he's like a little kid that is happy getting candy--> Jeed-flavored!

Prisna thanks so much for the clip! whew, it is only a forehead kiss...can relax for now.

In the future i want YADECH to act in a period lakorn like Wanida where Yaya can wear the flowy pretty dresses for Nadech :heart:

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
^^^ Oh how I love your rants, MINTY. Despite all the "ranting and raving" of PLR I am still continuing with it. I like Mark too much to give up on it.
Oh, I hope my rants won't discourage anyone from watching PLR. It's actually not the worse lakorn, despite the negative passions I've expressed for it. ^^

cecilia

Staff member
I am so sorry. I want what you want too. LOL. Mai Davika is one of P'Ae newbies. P'Ae knows what he is doing. Link his new bloods to one of his successful ones now and voila! I heard she is a decent actress too. I am going to watch her lakorn during the holidays, if I can.

^^^Prisna, Fai is such a passionate person. In the novel, Fai and Jeed are so..."rough. " Is that the right word? They are both very passionate.
Rough it is .. but i love every minutes of them together -- so romantic in their kind of rough atmosphere.

Jinx, she is indeed JEED FLAVOR -- the transcript of DJA posted by MEL is so hot so yes, Fai's favorite flavor is JEED!

Mai is pretty decent in that one lakorn with Weir .. i just don't like her in short do -- it make her looks ugly not cute like Punch as TADAO ^^

*sighed* i'm super jealous for YADECH .. but after watching TAWAN DEARD BTS of YAYA kissing MARK on the forehead, i'm jealous for NADECH again (gotta get this fan girl out of me)
But with MARK, i'm okay b/c he's a handsome man and a peck on the forehead is better than all over him like Mai with Nadech *My poor aching achy heart!*

fun

Expired Sarnie
Thanks Dal, I'm thinking of knitting a scarf, mittens and crochet a hat for one of my gift. I have extra extra yarns left over from high school when I took textile art. I was very crafty then. Taking out all these stuff makes me miss those old days where I used to make hundreds of scarfs and hats for my friends.

Mintwix, I enjoy all your critics. I still like PLR despite its poor production. They did have some epic moments in there.

I'm super addicted to T-ara song "Yayaya" I think of Yaya ahahaha. It's so weird, the song has nothing to do with Yaya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LQfmdMsnuU

jjinxx

i love those brothers and their charming ways:::

Fai: "marry me so i can be possessive of you"
Din: "work for me as my wife"
Lom: "be my girlfriend so that when i hold your hand it's not considered 'improper'"
:thumbsup:

i haven't watched Lom being a jerk to Kati yet but i'm already mad just reading about it from the posts! GRRR!
however, i also sympathize with him that his assistant Nu is not a good person, unlike the way Nathee is for Din :no:

i love how in each series so far there has been a supporting couple that gets together:
Pam and Nat
Milk and Preuk
Nathee and Rung

wonder if anyone will end up together in WPM