3 lub tooj npab........

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
advent vibe album is coming soon and can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! who here can't wait for the cd??? i know that lots of people been waiting for this cd for so long now

hope it come out during sac new year

they said that if it won't be our during sac new year then it WILL be out during Fresno New Year

oh yeah, who is your favorite so far??? well i bet you guys gonna say it Muaj Tseeb hehehehehehehe

also which one is your favorite song so far??? i like "yog kuv tig tau lub sij hawm," "cia kuv ua tus phem," and their new song that they sing at SEA Games

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol..yea they gonna be having an album out soon hopefully by sac new year..i think they're still in the process of recording their songs..

mayo

sarNie Egg
about the movie? im not sure yet. but if it doesn't come out on sac new year, probably fresno..but i heard it's gonna be good.

i saw part one for the movie and its not too shabby... but it left a BIG'O cliff hanger at the end and cant wait to see part two.

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
ok so i just got a chance to watch this movie and i just gotta say that the movie is not as great as SEG made it out to be. It seemed like they didn't even put there time or effort into making the movie enjoyable to watch. I also though the transaction between each scene was off and didn't flow together. One of the things that bothers me the most is that THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES HEAD WAS PRACTICALLY CUT OFF OUT OF THE SCENE AND WE CAN ONLY SEE THEIR BODIES... wtf! you know i at least want to see the facial expressions. I wonder if they even watched the movie first before they sold it because the movie had A LOT of MISTAKES!

this is something for SEG to consider for their future projects.
watch the movie first before you decide to sell it for a high as price because that movie was like 35 dollars and it was not even worth it. It was like a home made video where anybody could have shot the scenes. I was very disappointed in this movie.

also i think that SEG should learn how to promote their movie better. I think that you should let people see what goes on during the filming of the movie and have the viewers see what you guys went through to make the movie. you guys should also do like thai lakorns where they give out teasers for the fans to watch. for example like the lakorn Jai Rao where Ken and Aff is in. You see how they give out teasers and show little clips here and there to get the viewers excited abou the movie or drama? that's what you guys need to do.

I also got to see your guys booth at the July 4th thing and I just got to say that the SEG team needs to learn how to decorate their booth to make it more appealing and likable. Like I said above SEG needs to learn how to PROMOTE their products better. because looking at the rate they are at right now it's not too good. I mean it's common sense to make one's own booth look nice and appealling, but for SEG's booth it looked very crappy and not well organized. All i saw was a banner thing that had the 4 so call main guys and the girl. Which i thought the picture of the main girl wasn't too flattering and all the guy looked funny. You couldn't even teel who was the main guy. the color tone wasn't very good either.

that's all i have to say for now. sorry if that might offened anyone but SEG did say that they prefer bad comments rather than good ones...

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
ok so i just got a chance to watch this movie and i just gotta say that the movie is not as great as SEG made it out to be. It seemed like they didn't even put there time or effort into making the movie enjoyable to watch. I also though the transaction between each scene was off and didn't flow together. One of the things that bothers me the most is that THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES HEAD WAS PRACTICALLY CUT OFF OUT OF THE SCENE AND WE CAN ONLY SEE THEIR BODIES... wtf! you know i at least want to see the facial expressions. I wonder if they even watched the movie first before they sold it because the movie had A LOT of MISTAKES!

this is something for SEG to consider for their future projects.
watch the movie first before you decide to sell it for a high as price because that movie was like 35 dollars and it was not even worth it. It was like a home made video where anybody could have shot the scenes. I was very disappointed in this movie.

also i think that SEG should learn how to promote their movie better. I think that you should let people see what goes on during the filming of the movie and have the viewers see what you guys went through to make the movie. you guys should also do like thai lakorns where they give out teasers for the fans to watch. for example like the lakorn Jai Rao where Ken and Aff is in. You see how they give out teasers and show little clips here and there to get the viewers excited abou the movie or drama? that's what you guys need to do.

I also got to see your guys booth at the July 4th thing and I just got to say that the SEG team needs to learn how to decorate their booth to make it more appealing and likable. Like I said above SEG needs to learn how to PROMOTE their products better. because looking at the rate they are at right now it's not too good. I mean it's common sense to make one's own booth look nice and appealling, but for SEG's booth it looked very crappy and not well organized. All i saw was a banner thing that had the 4 so call main guys and the girl. Which i thought the picture of the main girl wasn't too flattering and all the guy looked funny. You couldn't even teel who was the main guy. the color tone wasn't very good either.

that's all i have to say for now. sorry if that might offened anyone but SEG did say that they prefer bad comments rather than good ones...

Thank you for the comments Miss Rice. And yes I do appreciate the honest opinion. We made a lot of mistakes but with all of your help, we hope to improve ourselves over time.

Like I said before, we have never claimed that this drama was going to be great, people just made it out to be that way…lol…. We have noted everyones comments regardless if it was bad or good and will try our best to deliver...no promises but we will try....

Anyhow…hopefully we can redeem ourselves in the next segment. As far as our booth was concerned…we did the best that we could under the circumstances. We had plenty of other banners but we decided to go with simplicity since we were so far away from home. Not to mention that we all drove 28 hours non-stop to get there to only have to deal with disorganized event coordinators whom had lost our paperwork so couldn’t figure out where we were…and yea..they cashed our checks too…lol……to top that off…we didn’t know if we were even going to have a booth because of that mishap. And it was not fun running around trying to pick up equipments from the rental companies when you’re all tired as hell.

I have to applaud KML, Toua Lee, Angel Tsab, and MTV for forcing themselves to stay awake at the booths when they all could have easily stayed at the relatives and slept…heck..even I wanted to say the hell with it and just slept….lol…..

It was our first time for everything…and what an experience! But I am glad that we went through with it because now at least we know what to expect.

But what I am interested in Miss Rice…since you are the only one pointing out our lack of decorations…would you care to give us some pointers on how to best go about decorating? I mean…what is it that you are expecting to look at? Please do tell. Maybe you can share some ideas that will help us to draw more attention to our booth. I am not using sarcasm…I am actually asking for your advice….so please do share.

This also goes to all of you…..what would you all like to see at a movie/band booth? Especially if it was a booth that had only one single CD or DVD to sell? What can we do to spice it up? Any suggestions?

SEG

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
^^ i took marketing class in high school
lol. i learned that you shouldn't have too much writing...
because most people do not stand there to read it
and you should use colors that captures attention..
just make it appealing.. lol..
oh yeah.. and if you have stuff out on your table...
don't line them up straight.. placing them in angles might look better
but then again.. that depends what it is..
i don't know.. just sharing what my marketing teacher taught me..
=D

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I think a really good booster would be to have the actors/actresses/singers be there all at once, so they can greet their fans at least. there was probably a few people there, but if it was me, i would rather meet the whole crew than jus one or two of them.

Fearless

sarNie Adult
SEG,

I gotta say work more on the angle of the camera... most of the time their heads are chopped off and we can't really see their faces or expressions... when two people are having a conversation make sure to tape both of them at the same time so we can see both of their reactions and expressions instead of turning the camera to the person talking only. I think everyone did an okay job considering this was their first time but that girl who played Allison still needs more practice on her acting and her hmong.. she is so expressionless in her acting and talking.. I couldn't feel her emotions.... same goes for that guy that played kalia's ex-boyfriend.. OMG I laughed so hard listening to him speak Hmong... all his tones and pronunciations were so off... and I thought I couldn't speak Hmong but he was worse.. I kind of feel like you guys rushed this movie too much and didn't really take your time and effort to do it. There's too many flashbacks and some of the flashbacks didn't make sense to what was going on.. like what was the purpose of it.. the movie has a lot of flaws but I hope you guys learn from it and do a better job on your future films... however, I still give you guys a lot of credit for putting something together in that short amount of time but next time I think you guys should take your time. I hope the next installment will be better and I'm looking forward to it.

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
well i was actually at the sea games when i saw the booth. at first i didn't even realized that it was a movie booth because it was not appealing at all. I know you guys were very tired from all the driving an everything but it doesn't take that much effort to make the booth look nice and appealing. Next time try buying a bigger or higher tent to make your booth look bigger and more spacious because it seemed like everything was so pact together. get little decorations here and there to catch people's attention and make them wonder what you are selling in your booth. also don't have too many things blocking the entrance way to go inside your booth. I notice that you had a bunch of things out in front of the booth and there was only a little space to get to where the movie was at. I remember there was the two big as speaker along with the not so appealing movie cover to side of the booth too. not very attracting. people will just walk by and not take a second glance at your booth. I remember that's what happened to me. I walked pass the booth a couple of times and didn't even notice that it was a movie booth because I was too busy looking at other booths. um that's all I can think of right now. if there's more I'll be sure to let you know.

Oh yea i know that it costs money to buy all those decorations but sometimes its worth it. it's better to look nice and professional than to look crappy and like you don't care because that was the feeling I got when I saw your booth. sorry just gotta be honest. this is the only way to help...

xyooj92

sarNie Hatchling
hey!
ive been wanting to buy it eversince i saw alil of it on youtube..and when sac new years came i didnt buy it..cuz i didnt kno if it was gonna b worth my money..but the third day of the new years..my bro bought it and i watched it with my sis..and how come its sooooo long?.haha..but me and my sis thought it was very funny..like the how the characters act and everything..cuz sometimes they would say something wrong or pronounce a word wrong and it was still used in the end anyways..we thought that was funny..and..to b honest we didnt really like the girl who was playing kalia..(thats my name too!.haha)..but yeah..shes not very pretty..and besides that i dont like her character..like how shes the maid for michael but she acts like shes in control and everything..and how she went to work for daniel..when he was yelling at her that she did something wrong..she was complaining about how she has too much work..but thats her job..so sometimes it just didnt make sense to me..and her character is really annoying.like when she found out that she was going on a double date with daniel..she started accusing them that they were messing with her because she was poor or something..and shes suppose to come out as a poor person right..she doesnt seem poor though..she seems like a normal average person..the guy who plays jack looks waaaaaaaay too young..and he and alli doesnt make a good couple..i love michael though.haha..and yeah..i dont like how theres so many flashbacks..and some didnt make sense..and i was like..y was it in there?..and imma have to agree with all those who said the camera wasnt good..cuz it wasnt..hehe..but overall i thought it was a pretty good movie..im waiting for part 2 to come out!..imma still support u guys!

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
Here are the flaws I see:

1. Actors and actresses needs work on their Hmong pronunciation because it seems as if they were struggling a bit and does not seem comfortable speaking it.

2. Quality of the movie is not very good. Seems as if you guys shot the movie with a consumer camcorder. I would like to recommend you getting a steadicam because it will make your videos a lot smoother and it's great for low budget film making.

3. As many have stated, the camera angles need improvement. There were some scenes where the lighting is very poor and some scenes where it's dragging too long and should've been edited.

4. Actors and actresses look a bit too young for my taste. I felt as if I was watching a friend acting out in a movie.

Well, these are some of the major things I think you guys should take into consideration and try to improve them. Regardless if this is the first film you've shot or not, first impression is always a must for a beginner. Anyways, good luck with your future projects.

angelness

sarNie Egg
There needs to be less head cut-off and more camera angles that'll help to emphasize the emotional effect if of the scenes, especially the scenes where she's yelling or talking loudly, and have the camera facing them to actually see some facial expressions sometimes. Also, please try smoothing out the dialogs between the actors during rehearsals so that there'll be less stumbling of it on screen.